Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

It still makes me lol how she had hundreds of employees working for months just on the messaging for why she wanted to for president.

Still couldn't come up with an answer either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Alienwarehouse posted:

Hillary Clinton thought that campaigning in Arizona and bumfuck Kansas was more vital to her campaign than visiting the Rust Belt.

As the most qualified candidate ever and therefore guaranteed to win, she was focused on turning red states to make her win even more historic; if it weren't for those inbred rust belt hicks she'd have easily taken at least 40 states

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

As the most qualified candidate ever and therefore guaranteed to win, she was focused on turning red states to make her win even more historic; if it weren't for those inbred rust belt hicks she'd have easily taken at least 40 states

WHY ARENT I 50 POINTS AHEAD

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

MD2020 posted:

Also it took three people working in secret for two months to come up with the H logo, and the team leader was surprised by all the criticism it received.

The H logo itself looked like some corporate branding that left a sour taste in people's mouths. An 'H' with an arrow pointing ~forward~? :hurr:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MD2020 posted:

Also it took three people working in secret for two months to come up with the H logo, and the team leader was surprised by all the criticism it received.

I'm surprised a democrat logo with a republican red arrow pointing right made it through a committee, i assumed it was the fever dream of one person

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue Train posted:

I think she was desperate to outperform Obama's victories.

Very sad!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

etalian posted:

I think she was desperate to outperform Obama's victories.

Very sad!

This actually makes a lot of sense

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue Train posted:

This actually makes a lot of sense

probably was mad at get dunked on by Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzXcNgCr0nk

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rekt

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

etalian posted:

probably was mad at get dunked on by Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzXcNgCr0nk

Obama's verbal takedowns of Hillary in 2008 are timeless.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Obama's sick burns directly propelled one egomaniac to the presidency, while permanently locking out another from that same office.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Obama's sick burns directly propelled one egomaniac to the presidency, while permanently locking out another from that same office.

Obama was great at saying what you wanted to hear and making you not care about horrible poo poo and had he not ended up being bush ii he would have been a great president. Hell he was a great Republican president

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alienwarehouse posted:

Obama's verbal takedowns of Hillary in 2008 are timeless.

Not sure why it's so rewarding to see the smug Hillary getting destroyed by Obama or Bernie.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Alienwarehouse posted:

The H logo itself looked like some corporate branding that left a sour taste in people's mouths. An 'H' with an arrow pointing ~forward~? :hurr:

I looked at that logo and I said "That is literally 9/11. A red arrow flying into two high straight structures."

Hillary didn't just manage to gently caress up. She tried to get me to buy into her campaign with a logo depicting, for a lot of Americans, the worst terror attack in the history of their lives.

It doesn't matter what your race, creed, ideology philosophy or what-have-you is. If you don't find that really funny then you totally loving blow as a person

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nice meltdown

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Biden's too old and too much an actual player, if they don't actually go Hilldawg it'll be another charismatic nobody who can claim "outsider" status but is too much a true believer in the system to not do exactly as they're told once in office.

finally, the youth of the nation will FEEL THE CHAFE

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Nice meltdown

Thank you!

I also like that the arrow was moving to the right, to imply progress. But it could also be taken as "I am moving things further right".

It was a very silly logo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I always thought it was funny the arrow pointed right, it was like some sort of subtle parody of the democratic party but actually for real

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

I always thought it was funny the arrow pointed right, it was like some sort of subtle parody of the democratic party but actually for real

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Why does Rosa have to sit in the back of the "H"?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

here's why trump won:

Trump: I am an ugly fuckstain with no ability to filter my internal stream of consciousness when i speak. I want to gently caress up a bunch of people for no real reason. I'm a spiteful person, and i never admit fault.

Clinton: I am the exact same, except I hide behind a team of writers and I won't speak unless written for, I want to gently caress up a bunch of people for no real reason but I will moralize about how its wrong for everyone else. I am a hugely spiteful person but I'm trying to push a grandma persona like MOM from Futurama but not half as funny. I never admit fault but i happily fake humility.

Liberals took a look at this situation and managed to somehow come to the conclusion that she clearly lost because of sexism and not because Americans understandably hate everything else about her character

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Fun and not obscure at all fact: Hillary got her political start working for noted racist Barry Goldwater, until Bill clinton hosed the racism right out of her with his magic dick. So much for being a strong feminist with conviction :rolleyes: She went full liberal to impress her new boyfriend and never went back.

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 6, 2017

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Holy poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Alienwarehouse posted:

Holy poo poo.

in the old original GBS bernie threads this was a running source of mockery because of course she's just a modern goldwater republican. All the evidence is there. It takes a liberal mind to ignore the obviousness of it.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lol i knew she campaigned for the dbag that opposed the civil rights act but didn't know she cribbed from his campaign logo too

good poo poo

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

in the old original GBS bernie threads this was a running source of mockery because of course she's just a modern goldwater republican. All the evidence is there. It takes a liberal mind to ignore the obviousness of it.

But you forgot that IVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE TO VOTE FOR A WOMAN PRESIDENT *cries* (something someone actually responded to me when shown this image)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rezatahs posted:

lol i knew she campaigned for the dbag that opposed the civil rights act but didn't know she cribbed from his campaign logo too

good poo poo

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

Lol I thought the logo was a troll until I checked and found out she really thought it would inspire us to pokeyman go to the polls for her

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I legit want a lady president soon, because we should break those boundaries down, but there must be a candidate with quality. Merely settling for just anyone, including someone as crooked as hillary clinton, is not acceptable. Sorry to the affluent baby boomer 2nd wave feminists who were ready to settle for whoever came along, but settling for a lovely president for a symbolic victory is completely stupid and insane.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

basic hitler posted:

I legit want a lady president soon, because we should break those boundaries down, but there must be a candidate with quality. Merely settling for just anyone, including someone as crooked as hillary clinton, is not acceptable. Sorry to the affluent baby boomer 2nd wave feminists who were ready to settle for whoever came along, but settling for a lovely president for a symbolic victory is completely stupid and insane.

Yeah dude, how awful would it be if we elected a minority president for the first time in our nation's history and they turned out to somehow be even more of an old white man than the last old white man?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I guess someone who is a brain dead retard might feel better about their lovely decisions!!!!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

basic hitler posted:

personally i look forward to president palin's bold leadership

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

this is Hillaryious

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

personally i look forward to president palin's bold leadership

I knew a girl who was legit empowered by Palin's VP nomination and in that same age group nobody felt like HRC was changing their lives for the better.

Take that anecdote and extrapolate it into a larger trend!!

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

basic hitler posted:

I guess someone who is a brain dead retard might feel better about their lovely decisions!!!!

Same. :smith:

Women deserve a president that's at least going to treat them as more than a talking point, and there are a few really good women politicians out there that just have no shot in hell thanks to her.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Liz warren isn't my favorite politician and i think shes more hype and talk than substance, but she is real enough i would support her in a presidential bid no question

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
They're grooming Chelsea to run for president.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
President Ron Wyden has a nice ring to it.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Google Tulsi Gabbard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Centrists hate her. It must be because she's a (non-Clinton) woman.

• Locked thread