Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Really good.
It felt like they tried to take all the good parts of the first one and turn them up to 11, which often succeeded, but occasionally felt forced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

That's what I expected. Sequels are usually pretty awful though. Glad it's good

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Had today off work, woke up early, had a couple beers and played some Forza, now I'm having some bourbon and watching American Gods before my hockey game starts. A good Friday.

Unless my team loses in which case there isn't enough alcohol in the world.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The only thing I didn't like about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was the fact that it had five stingers at the end and I'm the sort of person that will sit through the credits for them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Quick dad question:

This Hampton Bay Rectangle Metal Outdoor Dining Table is on sale for $50. I have a small yard that's mostly all grass (This would be in said grass). Sprinklers are on 4-5 days a week right now it seems. I was going to get an all metal patio set that has the sort of mesh top so the water and some sun could easily go through if needed, etc. I'd leave it out year round.

Matching chairs are $20 each, and I can add an umbrella. What do you guys think? Should I just try to find a used all metal set locally?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Quick dad question:

This Hampton Bay Rectangle Metal Outdoor Dining Table is on sale for $50. I have a small yard that's mostly all grass (This would be in said grass). Sprinklers are on 4-5 days a week right now it seems. I was going to get an all metal patio set that has the sort of mesh top so the water and some sun could easily go through if needed, etc. I'd leave it out year round.

Matching chairs are $20 each, and I can add an umbrella. What do you guys think? Should I just try to find a used all metal set locally?
I'd spend the money and not waste a bunch of time wadibg around in other people's junk.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There are tables that take 12"x12" tiles. Glass is just asking for a hail storm and means replacing the entire thing if it cracks or shatters. With the tile top tables, if you break one, just go to the hardware store and buy a box of spares for cheaper than replacing a glass top.

Decent chairs for $20/ea is good if you like the chairs. I'm just no fan of glass anything where you might like walking barefoot outside.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's cheap enough, yeah, I'll probably go check it out and get it anyways

Hail is extremely unlikely and even then it wouldn't cause any damage

My only concern with the table top was water pooling etc

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Moving from one side of the Susquehanna to the other tomorrow. Ripped down most of the apartment already, getting the Uhaul to do the heavy lifting bright and early. Thankfully gave myself an 8 day overlap even though its meant like 14 hour days every day this week because I burned down my PTO.

Ugh moving. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

(New place has a garage, this will all be worth it come 24 hours from now)

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Just get a table with metal mesh top. No breakage. Mines been outside for years.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guess it depends on the quality but any rust? I guess that's my only concern

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Quick dad question:

They make aluminum tables, which won't rust on you. They cost more, but it'll last longer.

http://www.homedepot.com/s/hampton%2520bay%2520aluminum%2520table?NCNI-5

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Just get a table with metal mesh top. No breakage. Mines been outside for years.

They are also super cheap and can be replaced with a much better solution if you feel that you require one. A test run, so to speak.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Guess it depends on the quality but any rust? I guess that's my only concern

That's always been my concern. I don't know how many friends' and acquaintances' cookouts I've gone to and come home to scrub diamond pattern rust off my clothes.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
We cover with table cloth, and we have cushions. No rust though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nice thing about living in a small town is going to see a movie on release night and only having 6 other patrons.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Bathroom Grover update: it keeps going

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Man I got like 25 pages to catch up

Last thing I read was $5,500 estimate to fix the floor joist thing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You're missing a 2 at the front of that quote.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Link the thread please I'm lazy

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Two Finger posted:

Link the thread please I'm lazy

Got ya boo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So the dude called women females instead of women and tried to defend himself and everyone just being self indulgent dog piling him because he tried to defend the dumb poo poo he said. Which tbh I mostly didn't read.

Am I missing something? That was anticlimactic. :shrug: you big liar

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So the dude called women females instead of women and tried to defend himself and everyone just being self indulgent dog piling him because he tried to defend the dumb poo poo he said. Which tbh I mostly didn't read.

Am I missing something? That was anticlimactic. :shrug: you big liar

It wasn't about him saying :females: but rather his opinion that his design was what they wanted in spite of plenty of women telling him he was a moron.

Then he had a meltdown over people saying it was rude to call them females and started bitching about people nagging him.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Didn't he also cause major structural damage to the room

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya but that's old news I was hoping something equally juicy came about not about sexist comments on SA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GotG was fun.

Pretty heavy on the goofy 80s stuff but still.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smiling Jack posted:

Didn't he also cause major structural damage to the room

Yes. He cut the flanges off of his engineered beans effectively destroying their strength. He's going to be lucky if 25k is all he spends to fix it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

You're missing a 2 at the front of that quote.

:chanpop:

Also lmbo :females:, anyone who uses that word to describe women is almost universally a dirt ball.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

gently caress yea! link the everest thread too so we can get all the good gbs mock threads

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

gently caress yea! link the everest thread too so we can get all the good gbs mock threads

🙄

Shut it down guys veins doesn't like A Thing

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Any of you dudes have an idea for a good laptop for grad school? Not a mac. I'd like to spend 600-700 roughly

I could use my work MacBook Air but I really don't want to.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Surface pro 4.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Lenovo t series

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MacBook Airs are pretty great. I'm not a Mac fan but I would definitely use one of those. Not sure how the newer ones are

I had a SP3, and now SP4. They're nifty, and work great with the dock. What kind of school?

They have a ton of QC issues though, unfortunately. Both models. The SP5 is or should be getting announced soon, so the others should drop in price.

Also I guess now there's a surface laptop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kPEJWpCD4

:shrug: don't really understand when there's already the surface book. That's another that might be worth looking into. Anyways lemme know if you have questions about the SP4. I would at least get the mid-tier processor, i5, and 8 if not 16 GB of RAM. Storage is w/e and overpriced. You can use a microsd card as there's a slot built in behind the stand

-Edit after doing some reading about the new laptop it's an overpriced joke

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Surface Book is insanely overpriced and does not feel remotely well built or practical to use as a tablet. gently caress that thing.

I'd recommend anything from the Thinkpad line in that price range. I have a $500 refurb X1 Carbon that is an incredibly solid feeling and light little laptop.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hmm yeah alright

I can dig it

:holymoley:

:eyepop:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

always look at the join of the arm and shoulder, that'll tell you if there's anything hiding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's gotta be surgery on her neck and face, right?

• Locked thread