Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Derozan forcing a piggy back was genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Rick posted:

Derozan forcing a piggy back was genius.

Only way they going to get a call

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib
Kyle Korver DPOY

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
the good ol' raptors 5 second violation

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
The Raptors are such a godawful poo poo team what is the point of this roster

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Also the Raptors don't seem to know how to deal with Thompson and Korver being on the floor at the same time

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

we are the worst inbounding team in nba history

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

milk milk lemonade posted:

demar kick rear end contested long 2s

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

Also the Raptors don't seem to know how to deal with Thompson and Korver being on the floor at the same time

how can tristan thompson create a mismatch lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

how can tristan thompson create a mismatch lol

he doesn't, but they were attacking him with JV and they don't want JV on the floor against Korver

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I agree with this. But they win a lot of games and put on a generally good showing in the regular season. So I guess I would say the point is "entertainment."?
The problem isn't that they are poo poo. It's that they are good enough to pretend like they're not poo poo for 75% of the season.
They are poo poo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mr President

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Lebron tho

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

attacking TT with jv sounds like a not great plan anyway, posting up big on big is not a great move but i guess they dont have much else to do

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Jesus LeBron

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Raptors might want to stop taking early iso contested jumpers

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

cavs bench clapping at the midrange jumpers even before they get out of the dudes hand is terrific lol

its great when your offense actively makes the other teams bench happy

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
What the gently caress was that pass

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
goddamn toronto are fuckbois

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
RIP

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
We look 10x worse than the Pacers did

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Raptors might want to stop taking early iso contested jumpers

look at this guy thinking they'll bust out the secret plays this early in a series

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Raptors should've strategically stayed like 5 points down until there was like two minutes to go in the game, then build like a 5 point lead against an unengaged Cavs teams to try to steal it from them instead of pulling ahead in the third which got the Cavs attention too early.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Sweeping to the Finals is going to happen

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Tristan-Lebron+Shooters is a much better line up against this garbage rap teams

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
who wants to see fred van vleet in a must win playoff game!

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

BWV posted:

I agree with this. But they win a lot of games and put on a generally good showing in the regular season. So I guess I would say the point is "entertainment."?
The problem isn't that they are poo poo. It's that they are good enough to pretend like they're not poo poo for 75% of the season.
They are poo poo

Theres nothing entertaining about how they play basketball

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Bron is just toying with them now

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i like the raptors individually a lot except demmarre carrol and demar derozan but i also take great pleasure in them getting owned for some reason im not sure why

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good thing these dudes are canadian because they're gonna have to apologize.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

how much worse would the raptors have lost if noted badplayer kyle lowry had played, they lucked out imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Theres nothing entertaining about how they play basketball
In the playoffs for sure. And I agree with you for the most part. But the Raps had a great point differential and it isn't cus they were a fantastic defensive team. They can score a lot of points and are at time fun to watch. Now they never string together 4 straight quarters of fun to watch ball so maybe the best word is compelling.

For me it is more stress than anything, but I sorta love it and complaining about suffering is part and parcel of being a Toronto sports fan so you just go with it. It's not like you can just stop watching your team.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
That shooting efficiency is crazy

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
throw me in a lake

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i hope the raptors full court press again with 10 seconds left then complain when someone dunks on them

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Just mercy kill this poo poo, show us the good game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Artic Puma posted:

Just mercy kill this poo poo, show us the good game.

the mercy rule is only for toddlers and steph curry isnt playing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
just give us 1 good game this series Toronto

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

BWV posted:

In the playoffs for sure. And I agree with you for the most part. But the Raps had a great point differential and it isn't cus they were a fantastic defensive team. They can score a lot of points and are at time fun to watch. Now they never string together 4 straight quarters of fun to watch ball so maybe the best word is compelling.

For me it is more stress than anything, but I sorta love it and complaining about suffering is part and parcel of being a Toronto sports fan so you just go with it. It's not like you can just stop watching your team.
there were always flukey aspects but relatively deep in the season they were operating at a pretty crazy offensive level. its a really odd phenomenon because its not a well coached team and its not especially talented either. theyre underperforming in this series but this is never a team that should beat cleveland. like i think last season is their ceiling but thats a pretty decent ceiling for the team. i dont know what their plan is going forward and its a really odd spot to be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i wonder which spur is going to die or turn into a pumpkin this game

• Locked thread