Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Nickname Pending posted:

Even thought it only says to get kills with Frost?

It says to win rounds as JTF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
Is there any site where I can check if this cool nick guy N1gg3r_lynch3r has been banned? I know I should just report and move on with my life but I can't

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Is there any site where I can check if this cool nick guy N1gg3r_lynch3r has been banned? I know I should just report and move on with my life but I can't

Team up with //IceOrb, he already wanted to spearhead a project that revolves around collecting names of people that hurt your feelings by hurting potential feelings of other people that aren't you.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 6, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sounds like that guy is addicted to irony, like a banned forums poster I used to know.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Well, just got the charm. Honestly a bit of a let down. Was at least hoping for a birthday cake or maybe a candle!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Finlands Sexiest posted:

No, but you can use https://www.r6db.com/ to check their previous player names if they are one of those folks that like to use multiple lovely names a night to get a rise outta people.

Just report in game and move on or if you want to take it a step further you can send a report to Battleye.

You're never going to get that satisfaction of seeing the ban dealt anyway so there is no sense in getting burnt up by it.

Like Hard has said multiple times in the thread(s), just report em and trust in the system.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
You are my everything. :kimchi:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

This is awesome! :3:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

This is awesome! :3:

Dude has made maybe 5 or 6 so far.

e: https://www.facebook.com/ubisoft/posts/10155069505027293

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 6, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can you press F toss back airborne Impact Grenades?

If not.... HARD!!!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Can you press F toss back airborne Impact Grenades?

If not.... HARD!!!

Hot potato, hot potato, hot pota-- ah gently caress!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Looking for a competitive FPS with short match lengths about 15-20 min? Is Siege a good game for this or is it like CSGO with the average ranked match being around an hour?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Casual can only last 20/25 (round time and round time plus op select/drones) minutes unless you get a draw, ranked can last longer.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

Casual can only last 20/25 (round time and round time plus op select/drones) minutes unless you get a draw, ranked can last longer.

About how long is ranked? 30-40?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Keegers posted:

Looking for a competitive FPS with short match lengths about 15-20 min? Is Siege a good game for this or is it like CSGO with the average ranked match being around an hour?

15-20 is about the average. Matches require 3-5 rounds minimum for completion, with a potential of 9 rounds, depending if it's casual or ranked. Each round is 4 minutes in casual, 3 in ranked. It all depends if one team is dominating or if teams are trading wins back and forth.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've had ranked games take longer than 15-20 minutes. I'd say a safe bet is around 30 minutes, taking into account the loading times, operator select, drone phase and round times. But if teams are getting wins each and it bounces back and forth, they can last longer.

Casual lasts as long as you want, as you can leave and requeue any time AFAIK with no penalties.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Keegers posted:

To kinda summarize what others are awkwardly saying, most matches are 15-20 minutes. However some rare matches will be a draw for a long time and end up in double overtime, which ends up to 30 or a bit more.

Average matches are definitely around 20 minutes in ranked and not around an hour. Its pretty fast compared to CSGO, there's far fewer rounds.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
It won't go an hour. The very longest ranked games where it goes full overtime and a full 9 rounds are probably like 40 minutes. Half an hour for ranked, 20 minutes for casual is more standard I'd say.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sweaty isn't a new term but it's probably being brought back. When you're a fat loser nerd exerting yourself just by playing a video game, you get sweaty. You're a sweaty tryhard.

Sports games tie into it at least slightly as well. When speed, stamina and/or physique were 'OP' in games like FIFA, players whose strong suits were any or all of those three traits were called sweaty. Choosing or building a squad that consists primarily of that kind of player was considered tryhard, hence the correlation.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 7, 2017

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Yeah I just heard this today actually after reading it in the thread and it was specifically in reference to people trying so hard there gripping a controller or whatever with sweaty rear end hands

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/CourteousZanyEwe

https://gfycat.com/ClosedImmediateHoneybee

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8qvTVOvu8

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

https://gfycat.com/TidyGivingIndusriverdolphin

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://gfycat.com/UglyHeartfeltKusimanse

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/SimilarEachAppaloosa

http://i.imgur.com/2sdjOgJ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/XTsnQIB.gifv

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if when there was 1 minute left in the round the defenders were allowed to go outside. You're already pretty susceptible to that sort of aggressive peek on a lot of spots and it's a cool and fun mechanic.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Ever since the mid-season reinforcements, every time this game plays a new sound, it freezes.

Why

It is the worst.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Do goons still play? Feel like no one on the discord is playing r6s.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Keegers posted:

Goons and Discord are always weird. There's like 100 users but barely any regularly play.

Your best bet is to probably hop on the R6 Reddit Discord and try and find normal people to play with. There's a tonne of kids, mic breathers and general weirdos, but there's a few chill people. Just don't be afraid to tell someone to leave if they join your room and you don't like the sound of them.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Keegers posted:

I've never had a problem finding people to play with using the discord in the OP. I play at bizarre nightshift hours too and there are usually one of two goons still blasting scrubs.

Loopoo posted:

Your best bet is to probably hop on the R6 Reddit Discord and try and find normal people to play with. There's a tonne of kids, mic breathers and general weirdos, but there's a few chill people. Just don't be afraid to tell someone to leave if they join your room and you don't like the sound of them.

Reddit is not the answer. Reddit is never the answer.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

New operator confirmed!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I've never had a problem finding people to play with using the discord in the OP. I play at bizarre nightshift hours too and there are usually one of two goons still blasting scrubs.

ya the late night guys are cool and good at the game. they don't seem to mind carrying me even if i'm :350: every time i die until my aim is so bad that i must resort to montagne to even survive a round

though the reddit discord is actually useful if you're looking for a quick 5man ranked group

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I've had bad experience with Reddit discords (meme lords) that I've kind of just stopped using them. But assuming siege is better because the community seems to be better than other games.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Since the game has gotten more popular the quality of the community tanked appropriately.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Keegers posted:

We have games almost every night. What time are you getting on? Sometimes if it's empty just idle in one of the R6 chat rooms. More often than not it'll fill up within 30 minutes. Also lots of people are playing PU: Battlegrounds right now. Once the hype dies down it should be filled up more often.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

IronDoge posted:

We have games almost every night. What time are you getting on? Sometimes if it's empty just idle in one of the R6 chat rooms. More often than not it'll fill up within 30 minutes. Also lots of people are playing PU: Battlegrounds right now. Once the hype dies down it should be filled up more often.

Yeah, I've definitely been in a PUBG hole as of late. Once they drop some new operators I'll be back in.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
thank you weekly challenges for giving me extra points for playing all my favorite operators

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The frost challenge was egregious. Trying to get 20 wins while the whole team fought over one slot was exhausting.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

IronDoge posted:

I was on around noon PST. I'm assuming most people were at work, but just wanted to make sure it's not dead. I'll try again at later times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

slap me and kiss me posted:

The frost challenge was egregious. Trying to get 20 wins while the whole team fought over one slot was exhausting.

It's a pretty bad charm so I wouldn't worry if you didn't unlock it

• Locked thread