Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

most ps1 games in general are pretty hard to go back to now. it's not a jrpg thing; it's a "we're trying to figure out how to make games in 3d, also what's an analog stick" thing

localization has come a long way since the ps1 as well

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

an actual dog posted:

Kingdom Hearts is really bad

Ive never played any of it but I always suspected as much

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

most ps1 games in general are pretty hard to go back to now. it's not a jrpg thing; it's a "we're trying to figure out how to make games in 3d, also what's an analog stick" thing

localization has come a long way since the ps1 as well

Yeah, the camera angles make a lot of those old games virtually unplayable. The N64/PS1/DC era had some awesome games that did not age well.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Back when it came out eons ago I thought Kingdom Hearts had just about the dumbest, most off putting premise for a video game ever. Nothing has changed.

SAME

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sorry caps

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

"Donald Duck and Goofy and a kid with clown shoes beat up all the Disney villains" is the good kind of dumb premise. The problem is the games focus on entirely the wrong thing and it very quickly became the boring kind of dumb.

Eh I enjoyed the crazy plot more than I liked the Disney stuff tbh. For me, I only played 1 and 2 and going through the Disney stuff was really cool in the first one and then retreading essentially the same plot beats in all the shared worlds between 1 and 2 was boring as hell.

Ultimately I think KH isn't great but it's ok and I will probably pick up 3 when it goes on sale.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

It can't he too memorable of you dont remember that it was a marsh/swamp.

Always looked like a desert to my young self so I got in the habit of calling it that, but it probably was a marsh. But you remembered what it is so I'd say it's a little bit memorable.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The quality of the FF7 remake us a pretty major unknown if only because who are making it. On the one hand they make Naruto games they are way better than they have any right to be but on the other hand those games are just okay at best. Work a better property and a buffet budget I guess will see if they are a bundle of untapped potential or if their Naruto stuff is the level they create on.

Unrelated, I wld be less avoid by the railroading in Persona 5 is I didn't have this DVD to return in game. it's like a week late, I haven't had a chance to watch it and the game still keeps forcing me to do stuff. It will just take a second. I'll still get plenty of rest. Let me leave my room you stupid catte!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

Unrelated, I wld be less avoid by the railroading in Persona 5 is I didn't have this DVD to return in game. it's like a week late, I haven't had a chance to watch it and the game still keeps forcing me to do stuff. It will just take a second. I'll still get plenty of rest. Let me leave my room you stupid catte!

Persona 5: Let's not do that today

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SettingSun posted:

Persona 5: Let's not do that today
Pretty much. And it would bother me a lot less if it didn't let it appear that you could do anything when you're standing in your room or in the cafe, only to have Morg interrupt you if you try to do anything but the one thing.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
It's probably to allow you to save, but if you can't do anything else might as well just ask if you want to save instead of getting my hopes up.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
It is definitely to allow you to save since often the story will immediately pick up upon you waking up. If you want to avoid the cat telling you just press the touchpad when you get dropped in your room, if 100% of people slept guess what. This problem also is alleviated almost entirely as you play thru the game and have more and more confidants and things to do each night. Soon enough you will have 3 people all wanting to hang out and not enough time to see them all.

You can still feed your plant before you sleep don't forget.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Scorps posted:

You can still feed your plant before you sleep don't forget.
Oh , huh.

Gee it would have been nice for the game to tell me that even though I can't do 99 things I want to do before sleeping in that situation, I can do that one.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I pamper the gently caress out of that plant

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Very early gameplay of some anime 90s comic book game. Looks about like you'd expect from something 1.5 years from completion. Hope you like giant bugs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh , huh.

Gee it would have been nice for the game to tell me that even though I can't do 99 things I want to do before sleeping in that situation, I can do that one.

the game just doesn't let you do things that will pass time and feeding the plant doesn't do that. idk that it needs to make that one more obvious

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

the game just doesn't let you do things that will pass time and feeding the plant doesn't do that. idk that it needs to make that one more obvious
It doesn't let you shop and that doesn't take time.

edit: it's especially noticeable in 5 because there are like six billion vendors compared to previous games.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Max temperance rules. If you feel constrained by time in p5 rush temperance asap

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Got to the twin Sephiroth fight in Neer Abu Dhabi and had enough. I ain't the target audience, and the combat puts me to sleep. I don't like thing. Look at me. Look at me. LOOK AT ME.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nier Automata is not a game title obtuse enough that it warrants a wacky misspelling.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Giant bomb quicklook of prey says controls still lag after patch on ps4

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant bomb quicklook of prey says controls still lag after patch on ps4
I liked the exploration in the demo but was really hoping the controls were fixed, as they felt too floaty even with sensitivity upped. I've seen GB videos forced to jump cut because they didn't actually have the game fully downloaded let alone patched.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hah

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm renting Prey and yeah the controls are floaty as hell, I had to set the ingame sensitivity down to 10 (the default is 20) and it's still floaty

I can see the Bioshock in Space comment because the aesthetic is almost the same down to most of the architecture being wood and brass, just replace the underwater scenes with space scenes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

It doesn't let you shop and that doesn't take time.

edit: it's especially noticeable in 5 because there are like six billion vendors compared to previous games.

it doesnt let you shop from tanaka either which is annoying but you can still shop from the tv which is a nice change from having to know exactly which sundays you weren't allowed to do literally anything with anyone so you wouldn't miss the busted poo poo for sale. they sort of doubled down on fixing that by also not selling anything worth a poo poo for near as i can tell the literal entire game too tho, heh.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Nier Automata is not a game title obtuse enough that it warrants a wacky misspelling.

You know what, you're right. I'm sorry I made fun of the game's name.

From here on out, I'm going to refer to it by it's proper stylized name, NieR: Automata, so that nobody misunderstands me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember that on the nights before you send the calling card, you can make infiltration tools. That is like the only thing you can do (maybe also make coffee?), otherwise

https://twitter.com/Octopimp/status/857346862067535873

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The glue gun in Prey is kinda cool, you can use it to make stairs to reach places or barricades so you can read emails in peace

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
RE: the FFVII remake, its weird to me that of all the generally reknowned Final Fantasies the only one that hasn't gotten a string of remakes and terrible sequels is FFVI. Just the GBA version that added the ridiculous super-dungeons and that's it.

Where the hell is my FFVI remake complete with terrible voice acting and the awful 'Relm confronts Shadow' scene you would definitely add, Square? You made Dirge of Cerberus but you won't do that?? :argh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Someone's forgetting the FF6 ios port

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What the hell is up here. There's like 3 different qualities of sprite work in there.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

I was trying to, yes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lakbay posted:

The glue gun in Prey is kinda cool, you can use it to make stairs to reach places or barricades so you can read emails in peace

Since you can't stack them the barricade can't be taller than one level high, can it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Still the loving worst redesign.

:barf:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SettingSun posted:

What the hell is up here. There's like 3 different qualities of sprite work in there.

*Leans in real close putting flashlight under chin* nobody knows...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Actually it looks like pixel art that has been "smoothed".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im at 47 hours in p5 on november 1st is there really another 40 hours it doesnt seem like it but everyone says its 100 hrs long idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

Im at 47 hours in p5 on november 1st is there really another 40 hours it doesnt seem like it but everyone says its 100 hrs long idgi

You probably have another 20 hours at least , I see people finish around 70