Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Titanic posted:

The dick-like sausages in his utility belt, in case his super power of sucking corporate cock suddenly kicks in on a drive to the store or something?
That's candy for the child thousand year old demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DarkRefreshment posted:

Mmmm cookies....
Good news though, plenty of vacuums will be brought to clean up crumbs with. All of which will have varying degrees of sucking power that we will inevitably compare....because goons.

But we can't keep talking about the new thread house in public. Ben will just show up and eat all the cookies. Probably eat us as well. And the house. Also more than likely devour whatever city it is in too. :lesnick:

We will just have to talk about it at the next meeting when we plan out the newest round of faked refund posts.

This is a lot of potential suck going on.

If only these vacuums could be used as programmers, we could help get Star Citizen back on track.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Normally, I would think that someone just used the browser debugging tools to change the page source so they could brag about their e-peen.

But I don't question for a second that this guy spent more than the yearly median income in ~20 US states on a loving video game that will never come out.

beep_boop fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 6, 2017

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TrustmeImLegit posted:

3.0 moved to mid july

A two week delay this far out must mean something's really behind. They usually only do a gradual two week delay within the final month.

Warhawk109 posted:

R/SC imploding with right now. It's hilarious.

3.0 is coming out in June (29th)!
3.0 is coming out in June (29th)!

You'd think they'd learn to say July to avoid this inevitable disappointment.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA, care to comment?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Wait, is that set to 100 orders per page, he's on the first page, and it lists a July 2016 order as 100th newest? 100 orders in the last 9 months?

3 pages of orders, at 100 per page, meaning at least 201 orders?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

XK posted:

Wait, is that set to 100 orders per page, he's on the first page, and it lists a July 2016 order as 100th newest? 100 orders in the last 9 months?

3 pages of orders, at 100 per page, meaning at least 201 orders?
He's loaded and does a ton of giveaways because that's the only way he can acquire friends.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Beet did you ever have to make kayak not eat cupcakes

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DarkRefreshment posted:

My brain can't seem to process the word "cuntifas" or however you spell it. Like I know it's some gimp made up word to describe us but I can't get my mouth to figure out how to say it out loud and I just kind of go cross-eyed.

oval office-ee-faaas?
oval office-aye-faz?

And..... I'm cross-eyed again

e: also another funny word for my tax. Not that surprising probably to Aussie goons but this is a real world picture I took at the Melbourne Zoo. Platypusary, home of the Platapuseseses

LMAO!! I'm dying!! That was hilarious! :hfive:

If you've heard of those nutjobs, Antifas, the word Cuntifas is something made up in my Discord channel.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

- Field of View Slider (May 5th -> May 24th)

This was already scheduled to take a month. It must be some amazing, in-depth FoV customisation.

- Network Bind/Unbind (June 30th -> July 14th)

Ahhh cool, so a major netcode component is back to probably not being in this patch at all. Citizens are spinning this as only affecting server performance (not client), but the reason why the FPS is so low is due to server performance.

:tif:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Ho Lee Crap! A challenger emerges

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68neg4/potential_backer_with_questions/dh6wyis/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68neg4/potential_backer_with_questions/dh6x07z/

This poo poo is funny. How did we not think of this?

quote:

Quick word on the money. Last night while I was continuing my research, I was browsing the project website. I went to the store, looked around, made some notes etc. Then a very disturbing feeling came over me. Say you are a backer who has paid $250 to a company for them to create a game. You see a mouse pad or t-shirt for sale. You buy it. How many backers were able to deduce that they had paid money to CIG, who then used some of that money to manufacture goods at low cost, which they then sold back to the backer at a premium. I am going to leave you with that picture in your mind.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Crap! A challenger emerges

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68neg4/potential_backer_with_questions/dh6wyis/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68neg4/potential_backer_with_questions/dh6x07z/

This poo poo is funny. How did we not think of this?

quote:

[Quick word on the money. Last night while I was continuing my research, I was browsing the project website. I went to the store, looked around, made some notes etc. Then a very disturbing feeling came over me. Say you are a backer who has paid $250 to a company for them to create a game. You see a mouse pad or t-shirt for sale. You buy it. How many backers were able to deduce that they had paid money to CIG, who then used some of that money to manufacture goods at low cost, which they then sold back to the backer at a premium. I am going to leave you with that picture in your mind.

I've always wondered this since they started selling "merchandise".

:discourse:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Don't get upset, friend.

It's just object oriented programming as understood by a guy who hasn't programmed even a dishwasher for the last 20 years.

It's okay. Chilled with the first four episodes of season 2 of Sens8 on Netflix (which is pretty drat awesome, IMO) and all is good now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This is a lot of potential suck going on.

If only these vacuums could be used as programmers, we could help get Star Citizen back on track.

Not even a passel of singularities have enough suck to get SC back on track.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Those have nothing to do with private servers for the game. That's all for internal use. Private servers aren't hosted by your publisher/developer; they are hosted by you - the player. It's a game version that allows you to run a remote or local server. Like https://www.pingperfect.com

So instead of you playing with a bunch of cuntifas on the AWS servers, you get to setup your own, have control over it, play with who you want etc. Nothing to do with AWS or private clouds sitting in a CIG office in Dallas.

Hasn't the ability for individuals to run private servers more or less been torpedoed since the (supposed) move to lumberyard prevent that?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Someone find when he tweeted about hitting $42,000. Feels like it was a while ago. What are the chances his spending rate has decreased since he has blown through his savings already :(

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

It would be hilarious if it eventually turns out your wife being OldSchoolCmdr. Even though you actually don't have a wife. At least that's what :reddit: is saying... Furthermore

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

I love it when people attempt to use clever language to own someone and on the very intake of breath prior to commencing they confuse something deliberate or unprovoked for a type of dumpling.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Mods please change my username to Wonton Hyphening.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Wuxi posted:

I mean, he has played through all of SQ42, he has to know whats up

Maybe Ben did play through all of SQ42 and his feed back was that it was perfect ....except for the canteen room. He believes that people will want tot spend a lot of time in the canteen room like he does.

Have they worked on motion capture for how fat people on rascals get to their seats in the canteen yet?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Okay seriously, that's just Derek. "As I said in my original post," links to DS blogspam, arguments about the TOS.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kosumo posted:

Maybe Ben did play through all of SQ42 and his feed back was that it was perfect ....except for the canteen room. He believes that people will want tot spend a lot of time in the canteen room like he does.

Have they worked on motion capture for how fat people on rascals get to their seats in the canteen yet?

That's completely adorbs!

What?

Oh, that you think a Rascal can move more than 4 feet per charge with him on it!

EDIT: Yes, even a SPACE Rascal of the FUTURRRRRRRRRE! 4 feet 6 inches max.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ah the same tired doom and gloom rhetoric.

I need to constantly keep reminding this community that what we are getting is alpha 3.0 NOT beta 3.0.

I'm reminding you now that anyone expecting a smooth player experience for 3.0 is needlessly and carelessly setting themselves up for disappointment.

Alpha 3.0 is mostly a content patch. Do not, in no way, expect a smooth player experience. Stop it.

It will be buggy and suffer from low frame rates just like all the other x.0 patches. There is no reason to believe, and especially expect, otherwise.

The MMO network is in its infancy and will continue to evolve over the next few years. We're not getting a magical leap in performance any time soon. If anything expect 3.0 live to be performing much worse than now. Why? Because we're in early alpha, these systems are being made from the ground up.

The next issue that is completely wrong is the crazy myth going around that we're somehow getting a reduced version of 3.0.

Stop with the pointless fake news. 3.0 as scheduled has more in it than we saw in either 3.0 demo. You haven't made a list of features to compare. If you had, you'd know that we're getting almost all the things from the original 3.0 demo as well as most features from the second 3.0 with a few exceptions. Additionally, we're getting other things, some of which are already in game that were in neither 3.0 demo.

Please stop with the ridiculous expectations.

Finally I would like to remind this community again that even if 3.0 is terrible, doesn't live up to your expectations, or any other "disaster", it is completely irrelevant in the bigger picture. We are 3+ years from SC and this is a small blip of time in the entire process. It's only your perception of importance at this moment in time based on your own tunnel vision. In a few years when more players are enjoying the alpha or beta most won't even know what alpha 3.0 was.

Don't agree? What do you think the average WOW player thinks of any of the WOW beta drama? Oh that's right they don't care because no one was around to remember since hardly anyone played the WOW bata. Same here.

In the grand scheme of things the only thing your aggressive, witch hunt, complainer attitudes do to the game are
  • Frustrate your own mind (brain damaging yourself for no reason)
  • Give newcommers the wrong information about what to expect for 3.0
  • Waste your own and my time (every time I need to explain what the alpha we're playing is and what you bought)
  • Waste CIG time (since some of them have to read the same, tired, inaccurate and malicious nonsense.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

2.6 is perfectly playable, as long as you are tolerant of the things that make it unplayable. 3.0 probably won't fix any of that, don't get your hopes up! Game of the decade!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

In other "I spent my life savings on SC" news, here's a guy who already bought his private server.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/saw-the-networking-on-atv

thatguy posted:

I don't think he meant his Star Citizen organization.

I hope he didn't mean his Star Citizen organization.

^ This.
Sounds more like that person works at a school, or something like it. I doubt there's any way a Star Citizen org would get a Public Ed K-12 discount on servers.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Sarsapariller posted:

• Waste your own and my time (every time I need to explain what the alpha we're playing is and what you bought)

Yes, I agree, reading that was a waste of my time.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Samizdata posted:

That's completely adorbs!

What?

Oh, that you think a Rascal can move more than 4 feet per charge with him on it!

EDIT: Yes, even a SPACE Rascal of the FUTURRRRRRRRRE! 4 feet 6 inches max.

Ben could not cosplay as a Dalek - FACT

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

How can someone be so proud of their grammatical errors that they "warn" about them ahead of time, after being told that it was wrong previously? Is this even a real person anymore?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Abuminable posted:

Yes, I agree, reading that was a waste of my time.

As usual, the vision from CIG is excellent and unparalleled in gaming history. The comments are really surprising. I honestly can't believe the spite you fellow so-called citizens have.
1 that even after ben's response people aer still not understanding why and how CIG operate.
2 complainers always faill to provide even remotely plausible alternatives to what they're complaining about
3 general lack of understanding that this game is in early alpha and that we are still 3-5+ years from post beta. Stop with the beating of the dead horse that this game is somehow delayed. You're missing the bigger picture
4 continued failure to provide examples and / or sound logic
5 I hope CIG do a good enough job with ignoring "bad" community reactions and they keep doing, what they, as experts, consider to be the best course of action.
6 I still see the self righteous replies that CIG should apologise. I'm never going to be siding with witch hunters.
7 there's constructive feedback and cry baby feedback. I've heard enough cry baby feedback from you guys.
As this community becomes mainstream the ignorant feedback will grow and could ruin this game if CIG decide to comply with some of the bad ideas. I hope CIG continue to put the game first and don't listen to some of the terrible ideas that come out of the feedback from the witch hunt complainers.

Edit:

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 6, 2017

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Lol i looked up the vanduul and its just "this species is warlike warrior nomads who are always hostile and their culture is based around knives."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kosumo posted:

Ben could not cosplay as a Dalek - FACT

Well, up until really recently, he and Daleks had something in common - Neither could ascend stairs.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Samizdata posted:

Well, up until really recently, he and Daleks had something in common - Neither could ascend stairs.

How dare you sir...

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Lol i looked up the vanduul and its just "this species is warlike warrior nomads who are always hostile and their culture is based around knives."

Salary for their "Lore Writer" checks out

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Sarsapariller posted:

I've heard enough cry baby feedback from you guys.

I'm sure you can find the door, then.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

One day Space Belisarius will come and wipe them all out

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So what are the chances they poo poo out a barebones 3.0 with non of the features that got shitizens excited. Release a couple of patches to fix catasrophic bugs so people can actually connect to the servers. Then say "There's your Star Citizen :byewhore:"

I'd say pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Berious posted:

So what are the chances they poo poo out a barebones 3.0 with non of the features that got shitizens excited. Release a couple of patches to fix catasrophic bugs so people can actually connect to the servers. Then say "There's your Star Citizen :byewhore:"

I'd say pretty good.

+1

Money should be pretty low by now, i expect something big to happen in 2017 at least.