Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I guess you could make a separate spoiler thread for this gam and fill it with hot hot robutts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I've gotten three of the endings and have never found a way to upgrade my weapons to level 4. I also have never seen Emil after the initial time super early on. Have I missed something big, or did they really hide both those things for when I already have 92% of the sidequests done?

Also, I have been trying to find the Old World Information for that one quest, but I haven't really been able to find any helpful guides, partially because I don't want to get spoiled. Is there any way of knowing where I am supposed to find them all for that quest?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I got the white trash YoRHa shirt because I apparently want to get mad when I stain it somehow

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Momomo posted:

So I've gotten three of the endings and have never found a way to upgrade my weapons to level 4. I also have never seen Emil after the initial time super early on. Have I missed something big, or did they really hide both those things for when I already have 92% of the sidequests done?

Also, I have been trying to find the Old World Information for that one quest, but I haven't really been able to find any helpful guides, partially because I don't want to get spoiled. Is there any way of knowing where I am supposed to find them all for that quest?

The way to upgrade your weapons to level 4 is a blacksmith under the Royal Chamber save point in the Forest Castle.

Emil is found near the entrance to the desert from the city ruins once you finish the forest castle.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Momomo posted:

There's a blacksmith hidden in the castle. Warp to the royal chamber, it's hidden directly below there. You go outside and drop to a lower platform, then pull a block out, it's easy to miss.

I kinda wish you didn't have to pull that block out every time, kinda annoying.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

So, it's finally time for me to buy my first video game related wearable

I don't like that one but am seriously considering the Sonic YoRHa one

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't like that one but am seriously considering the Sonic YoRHa one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1490805-sonic-yorha?store_id=69373

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Momomo posted:

The sidequest only needs one file. The rest of the data just gets you bonus cash.

It's the nuclear power data hidden in a hackable container in the center of the main hub area, the building with the vines around it at the edge of the pit.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

HMMM

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

chiasaur11 posted:

The sidequest only needs one file. The rest of the data just gets you bonus cash.

It's the nuclear power data hidden in a hackable container in the center of the main hub area, the building with the vines around it at the edge of the pit.

It took me forever to find that because the rules about when buildings are solid blocks of invisible walls and when you can go into them is wildly inconsistent.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The no hit challenge is a pain :sigh:

So far I've cleared the flooded city but struggling with the desert arena.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alder posted:

The no hit challenge is a pain :sigh:

So far I've cleared the flooded city but struggling with the desert arena.

You want to know the dirty cheater approach?

You can do that challenge as 9S.

Cheap as hell, but it let me take it out around level 70, no trouble.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You could also abuse the large sword heavy dash attack

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am not a strong shooter. Nevertheless, I want to help you.

:gbsmith:

I knew something like this was coming, but that was better than I could have imagined.

May my data serve you well, fellow player.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm sad those 50 questions to Taro don't cover my biggest question Which is whether they take all of YoRHa aboard the Ark in Ending D since the Tower files talk about android digestion, meaning in the system's eyes black box androids would be equal to any other machine.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
My unanswered question is how the hell are the city ruins so intact in the 12th millennium of our Lord and Savior Jesus Humphrey Christ.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're building shaped machines.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

So, it's finally time for me to purchase my second video game related wearable

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

My unanswered question is how the hell are the city ruins so intact in the 12th millennium of our Lord and Savior Jesus Humphrey Christ.

The fact that there are like, broken down school busses that are a solid 2000 years old means they are made from some pretty sturdy stuff...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Has anyone else had problems with the ending E playable bit crashing? I'm using FAR on pc.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

That's been answered in the artbook and various other things.

The machines and androids have been maintaining and rebuilding things in the breaks in the forever war. Not like there's that much else to do if you're not into fishing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah I figured they were new..ish until I found a parking ticket from 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh man, J'nique Nicole is a name that's very funny in French :v:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Shoehead posted:

Has anyone else had problems with the ending E playable bit crashing? I'm using FAR on pc.

I haven't, but I did hit another incredibly annoying bug. I can't use the chapter select for anything at or after chapter 5, so I'm locked out of a few weapons unless I play from near the beginning. I uninstalled FAR and am re-installing the game since the only thing I can think of to fix it.

I mean even with the bug, having finished E, and I hope you get to soon also, this was an absolutely amazing game. Yoko Taro is a mad genius. A mad, drunk, genius.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 6, 2017

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Snak posted:

The fact that there are like, broken down school busses that are a solid 2000 years old means they are made from some pretty sturdy stuff...
Closer to 10,000 years old. The game takes place in almost 12,000 AD, and the Grotesquerie Queen arrived in Tokyo in 2003, and things were pretty firmly in Completely hosed mode by 2049 when the prolgue of Nier 1 takes place.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Shoehead posted:

i guess that could be interpreted that a machine a few hundred years ago picked up the ticket and secreted it away in one of those chests

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Did you see the name on it? Maybe don't take that one too seriously.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Repo Man posted:

I mean even with the bug, having finished E, and I hope you get to soon also, this was an absolutely amazing game. Yoko Taro is a mad genius. A mad, drunk, genius.

Who's more drunk, him or Zun?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

This time I actually completed more of Pascal's village quests on Route C God the machine kids break my heart. To hell with the main characters I want to save them :smith:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
The Maintenance Shop Owner is the best part of the DLC.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

chiasaur11 posted:

That's been answered in the artbook and various other things.

The machines and androids have been maintaining and rebuilding things in the breaks in the forever war. Not like there's that much else to do if you're not into fishing.

That's what I figured. The machines are trying to imitate humanity, why wouldn't that include buildings? Although I wonder if they built them as ruins, since that's the only way they'd ever seen them....

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

This has been answered, though unsure where.

The machines rebuild what is broken, as true to their cyclical nature. They rebuild things to be as hosed up as before though, not as they were new

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Oh my god it took me way too long to realize the machine arena is basically machine Pokémon.

Although it still seems the regular biped with the gun is the strongest one

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The stubby guy with no arms or really any form of attack at all that's just like "SORRY! YOU CAN'T CHOOSE ME! :)" if you try to pick it is pretty cute.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Begemot posted:

I kinda wish you didn't have to pull that block out every time, kinda annoying.

Taro Yoko sends his regards.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

You know in light of those 50 questions The YoRHa battle armor probably isn't even for protection but for hiding all the androids' faces so they don't get identity crisis from seeing other versions of themselves being deployed at the same time

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Nina posted:

Oh my god it took me way too long to realize the machine arena is basically machine Pokémon.

Although it still seems the regular biped with the gun is the strongest one

He's the strongest one but he won't let you beat the final one because of all the shield enemies. It just becomes too difficult.
The real MVP you wanna pick is the most basic Stubby with the arm flail attack.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nina posted:

You know in light of those 50 questions The YoRHa battle armor probably isn't even for protection but for hiding all the androids' faces so they don't get identity crisis from seeing other versions of themselves being deployed at the same time

That, or the commander was already infected, but the virus hadn't fully activated yet. Put them in armor to increase their defenses and more easily purge those who didn't get infected.

Though that's a bit of a reach on that one. Yours is probably right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

Closer to 10,000 years old. The game takes place in almost 12,000 AD, and the Grotesquerie Queen arrived in Tokyo in 2003, and things were pretty firmly in Completely hosed mode by 2049 when the prolgue of Nier 1 takes place.

Well I wasn't sure if any of the android civilizations had school busses...