Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I like that Dunkin Donuts' ad campaign used to be, "we ruin our employees' lives to bring you these fuckin delicious donuts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Dunkin sucks. Go to local places. If you're lucky enough to have a Spudnuts nearby, savor it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the best way to sum up modern Dunkin Donuts can be summed up by Jon Stewart referring to them as "Dunkin Donuts: where you can now get a tuna sandwich for some reason"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Spudnuts is real good.

I would take a fresh churro over most doughnuts though

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
The doughnut place near my house is pretty great but the real benefit is since I was friends with the owner's son in high school I get half off all the kolaches and eclairs I want. :cheers:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The only Doughnut places I have near me that aren't Dunkin Donuts is another chain that's even worse (Honeydew) and a local place that's even worse than that (actually now that I think about it, I think the local place is gone)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
im waiting in a line and i noticed that the guys behind me brought a nintendo switch.

except now they have loving three

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

im waiting in a line and i noticed that the guys behind me brought a nintendo switch.

except now they have loving three

One for each game on the console

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Quest For Glory II posted:

but that's not something you can just do on the regular unless you want to die in 5 years

Hell, who doesn't.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

trying to put together a list of games that will be at E3 for the thread on monday and it's like, wow there's not a whole lot.

Ace Combat 7
Battlefront II
Call of Duty WWII
Cyberpunk 2077 (maybe this year finally)
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Destiny 2
Detroit: Become Human
Dragon Quest XI
Dreams
Ever Oasis
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
God of War dad edition
Kingdom Hearts III (nah it's never coming out)
Mario Odyssey
Metal Gear Survive
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Project Rap Rabbit
Quake Champions
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sea of Thieves
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
The Last of Us 2
Vampyr

And there's some garbage in there, I mean. No one gives a gently caress about David Cage anymore. Quake champions is gonna suck. metal gear survive is just some bullshit with metal gear tacked on

Naturally new games get announced, but usually not with a 6 month lead in to release (except in Nintendo's case). Whatever newly gets announced is likely for 2018.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only company i pay attention to at E3 is nintendo because everybody else is announcing games coming out in 2+ years.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am unable to watch E3 press these days without a bunch of people talking over and making fun of it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

The only company i pay attention to at E3 is nintendo because everybody else is announcing games coming out in 2+ years.

Ubisoft has gotten better about announcing games that are releasing before the next E3. Whether you like those games is another story.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ubisoft hasn't said whether they'll be at E3 yet and they're in the midst of a takeover so I dunno what's going on there

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Installs Stephen's Sausage Roll

Does two puzzles

This game is cruel and difficult and I'm going to have to actually study it to get any further wow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm pleasantly surprised that there are some new IPs in that list.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

God drat, E3's here already? I clearly haven't been paying attention.

I look forward to the only good part of E3: the Easy Allies guys getting way too excited about game reveals

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My favourite fries not covered in poutine are from Dairy Queen. Just perfectly crispy in a way that makes them really unique when compared to baked fries. Whereas a couple potatoes, some salt, and an oven can put a majority of fast and casual fries to shame.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

A Sonic appeared in our area for 2 months and then they went out of business and left. that's my Sonic story

Gotta go fast.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Harrow posted:

God drat, E3's here already? I clearly haven't been paying attention.

I look forward to the only good part of E3: the Easy Allies guys getting way too excited about game reveals
its the road to e3 thread, e3 itself is still 6 weeks out although ive learned having done this for a few years now that six weeks passes by pretty loving quickly when it comes to E3

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

trying to put together a list of games that will be at E3 for the thread on monday and it's like, wow there's not a whole lot.

Don't forget Geoff has already announced he's doing something...well something like he always does for E3 this year with interviews and stuff.

Probably will lift his spirits after that venture he tried to get off the ground, even with the entire support of YouTube Gaming failed to catch on last fall.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

...doesn't Nintendo usually just announce remakes and ports of games people have already played?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I am quietly curious about the Mario x Rabbids crossover.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snak posted:

...doesn't Nintendo usually just announce remakes and ports of games people have already played?
I mean like. Splatoon was a new recent IP and so is ARMS and so is Snipperclips and so is Ever Oasis. They're doin their best trying to juggle all the IPs they have and also come up with new ideas.

E3 is usually not what people look to for new IPs though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If Nintendo announces they are doing a bunch of additional Wii U ports for the Switch I will buy one immediately

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Snak posted:

Don't cut yourself with that edge.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I am quietly curious about the Mario x Rabbids crossover.

"We are giving you temporary custody of the Rabbids license until this whole takeover gets resolved."

"Do you want them back after it's done?"

"Nnnnnnnnnnnah you can keep 'em."

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

I mean like. Splatoon was a new recent IP and so is ARMS and so is Snipperclips and so is Ever Oasis. They're doin their best trying to juggle all the IPs they have and also come up with new ideas.

E3 is usually not what people look to for new IPs though

Ever Oasis wasn't developed by Nintendo, was it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Raserys posted:

Ever Oasis wasn't developed by Nintendo, was it?
It's a 2nd-party title by Grezzo who primarily has worked on Zelda ports for Nintendo and they helped make Tri-Force Heroes

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 6, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Finally finished off the Dark Souls 3 DLC. I enjoyed it very much

Reading up about people's reactions to it and the series in general, it's pretty amazing. Lots of complicated feelings. Seems like it's a very important franchise for a lot of people, and picking through the divergent opinions of what made it good and how it got better or worse is something I just might explore over the next few days.

Maybe I'm just blinded by that postcredits ecstasy but from where I'm standing all of the Souls games are definite G5F5

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Landing the last hit on bed of chaos is still the least fun I've ever had in a souls game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50wElcsgCxQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lowest Souls point for me is any of the optional areas in the DS2 DLCs

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If Nintendo announces they are doing a bunch of additional Wii U ports for the Switch I will buy one immediately

This post makes me sad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My only real beef with DS3 is the amount of multi-phase bosses with separate health bars, after a while there was no sense of relief the first time you 'beat' something because you just knew it was gonna pull out another phase or whatever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm also legit annoyed that the version of Code Veronica that's coming to PS4 is the PS2 version emulated rather than the proper port they did for PS3.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

My only real beef with DS3 is the amount of multi-phase bosses with separate health bars, after a while there was no sense of relief the first time you 'beat' something because you just knew it was gonna pull out another phase or whatever

Yeah I can only tolerate it because the Two Princes fight made it work really well

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Five guys costs like £9 a burger which is way too much for a fast food burger. Fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That seems oddly high considering I think here a double bacon cheese burger (not that your should even bother with their bacon) is like $8

I mean granted it's more than a fast food burger but it's also way better so :shrug:

• Locked thread