Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
lmao what is wrong with Houston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nodoze posted:

theyre in texas

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Nodoze posted:

Traffic mostly

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Metapod posted:

theyre in texas

this is the answer

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

No Butt Stuff posted:

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Packers

Nah we got a crowded backfield after the draft and just cut two rbs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jed go home, you're drunk.

Sorry your college RB (presumably) has been useless in the NFL

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Metapod posted:

theyre in texas

Specifically an ineptly drained salt bog in Texas made of humidity and traffic jams.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bears signed former Chief Jaye Howard to a one-year deal.

e: drat you, Grittybeard for quoting my shameful typo.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 5, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears signed former Chief Jaye Howard to a one-year deal.

Apparently he failed a physical and that's why KC dumped him? If he's healthy by the time the season comes around he's a pretty useful player, I was surprised when KC cut him.

e: Fixed!

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nodoze posted:

Nothing, because I'm here

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/860486169129308165

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lotta boring sports news dude hirings this off-season

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Vikings interested in Michael Floyd as part of their forever quest to find another Cris Carter.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/860452288392986624

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Lotta boring sports news dude hirings this off-season

Eat dick if you don't love the idea of Cutty analyzing rookie qbs.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why do TFFers think Cutler would be especially interesting as a color guy?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Why do TFFers think Cutler would be especially interesting as a color guy?

His "dont give a poo poo" attitude should provide some entertainment, especially with guys he has worked with. Cutler has little filter on his opinions of people, and its refresing to hear someone say "gently caress that guy, he sucks" instead of standard team speak.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That would be cool, I get the feeling the broadcast he is joining will coach him into a typical generic bland commenter like almost all other NFL broadcast crews

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Much like you'd probably expect him to toe the company line as a pro quarterback with a huge contract

He doesn't care. I love it because gently caress you. He owes you nothing.

I love that loving attitude

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Because the cartoon Jay Cutler who doesn't give a gently caress about anything and spends the entire broadcast ignoring the play by play guy and shopping for boat shoes online and not even knowing the rules of football but playing all those years because his ride left him at the stadium is extremely funny and will be ruined by any version of the generic commentary that we'll actually get.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think he's probably just gonna sit at the desk and count his money while everyone else talks.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Cutler will probably be boring and suck. But if he isn't it might be loving hilarious. We hope.

Problem is, hope is a mistake.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

WHOOPS posted:

Vikings interested in Michael Floyd as part of their forever quest to find another Cris Carter.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/860452288392986624

If the Patriots couldn't squeeze production from Floyd I doubt anyone else can. That said, the Ravens should throw 8 million a year at him because a drunk and unconscious Michael Floyd would be the #2 WR in Baltimore.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

swickles posted:

His "dont give a poo poo" attitude should provide some entertainment, especially with guys he has worked with. Cutler has little filter on his opinions of people, and its refresing to hear someone say "gently caress that guy, he sucks" instead of standard team speak.

I think people are underestimating how awkward and bad that would be

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

What's really funny is that we really have no idea how he would be, because he never gave information to the media. He was great at answering a question while saying absolutely nothing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think people are underestimating how awkward and bad that would be

Slightly awkward, yes. And I don't think it'll be as silly as people are saying. I see him just once in a while saying something awesome and funny like "I'd take the shot deep there" or openly discouraging a QB who takes the sack after holding the ball.

Dude has never been kind to the media nor has he ever cared about how he comes off. Look at his response to retirement papers.

Shits funny.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If the Patriots couldn't squeeze production from Floyd I doubt anyone else can. That said, the Ravens should throw 8 million a year at him because a drunk and unconscious Michael Floyd would be the #2 WR in Baltimore.

I think they got about as much production as you can expect for being picked up off waivers in december

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hifi posted:

I think they got about as much production as you can expect for being picked up off waivers in december

Yeah, they got a good game out of him, but the receiving core was healthy for the playoffs, so he was a healthy scratch since he had so little time with the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EPyRzGe67I

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

His job was to be available if someone got hurt and he did that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jay Cutler is not going to act like Don Rickles in the commentary booth, but he's probably a lot less likely to deliver the ”Brock Osweiler is a really good quarterback” pap after a bad player fucks up for the fifth time in a game. That in of itself is refreshing.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
All I want is that Cutler somehow gets sent to interview Belichick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fsif posted:

Jay Cutler is not going to act like Don Rickles in the commentary booth, but he's probably a lot less likely to deliver the ”Brock Osweiler is a really good quarterback” pap after a bad player fucks up for the fifth time in a game. That in of itself is refreshing.

Why would you think Jay Cutler would attack lovely quarterbacks when he is one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
One what

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

A lovely quarterback

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Volkerball posted:

The Mendoza quarterback

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Why would you think Jay Cutler would attack lovely quarterbacks when he is one

I don't think Jay Cutler thinks he's a lovely quarterback.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, they got a good game out of him, but the receiving core was healthy for the playoffs, so he was a healthy scratch since he had so little time with the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EPyRzGe67I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6M6jgUWT8Q

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fsif posted:

Yeah he's not going to be a physical embodiment of his memes. I'm expecting more like cris collinsworth maybe

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fsif posted:

Then why should anyone value his opinions on who is and isn't a lovely quarterback? :v:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fsif posted:

Exactly. So by that standard very few quarterbacks will be.

*Mahomes throws 3 interceptions to the same corner*

"Jay, I know that as an offense you don't want to let the defense dictate your play calls, but surely at some point you've got to start looking away from that guy."

"No no, that's what they're expecting you to do. Now you've got the element of surprise when you go after him."

"Jay, I really don't think that would end well."

"Trust me, they got the defense right where they want them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"This game of course will be another trial run of the autism friendly game experience. Young kids with autism will be provided with noise canceling headphones, and access to a quiet room, to give them the opportunity to enjoy Sundays like we all do. It's really a fantastic program, Jay, and I hope to see it become more commonplace."

"Yeah I agree it's really good to do that for these poor victims and I'm glad that this can help bring some comfort for them. But ultimately, and I say this after doing all the research, the NFL needs to take a stand against vaccinations if they want to make a real difference here."

• Locked thread