Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did anyone record kfff talking the guy into walking out into the open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

vita is cool now if you hacked it when it had the 3.60 firmware

Man I'm so over hacking systems. I used to be way into that stuff and even dabbled in writing homebrew but I just don't even have the energy for it anymore.

To clarify my "this system sucks" statement, in order to connect to my hotel's wifi I had to download an update that enabled to feature to connect to wifi with a login page (think kind of like starbucks). My workaround was to use my phone as a hotspot and burn 200 MB international data that luckily is getting paid for by work. After the update everything worked fine. It's just a rushed, incomplete system. Games sure are fun though.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 5, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

0.15.07 news posted:

Balancing

Changed production science pack recipe to require assembling machine 1 instead of pumpjack.
Changed science pack 3 to require electric mining drill instead of assembling machine 1.
Changed crafting times: Oil refinery 20->10 Pumpjack 10->5 Chemical plant 10->5 Lab 5->3 Roboport 15->10
Reduced the mining time of the storage tank from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Increased the mining time of the reactor from 0.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.

Time to start over again :shepicide:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
So uh, does The Division get any better or is going to be a bullet spongy instadeath grind the whole way?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Not really no.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Missionary Positron posted:

So uh, does The Division get any better or is going to be a bullet spongy instadeath grind the whole way?

Nope. It gets worse with time with incrementally better gear.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Nope. It gets worse with time with incrementally better gear.

Well, that's 25€ saved. Thanks, free weekend!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It can if the RNG gods favor you and you make a really specific build. Of course then the problem of gently caress all end game content shows up so it quickly becomes boring as poo poo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I didn't get the whole bullet sponge thing until the different world tiers and incursions came along and holy gently caress shooting people for 15 minutes sure isn't fun.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

making games 'harder' by turning enemies into bullet sponges is one of my triggers

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

making games 'harder' by turning enemies into bullet sponges is one of my triggers

it's an especially insanely good design choice when the player character feels like they are made of paper

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Thank God they didn't make that same dumb voice with Wildlands

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

If anyone besides me still gives a poo poo the bioware guys did a stream talking about balance changes to the multi. Helpfully summarised by one of the posters in the mea multi thread.

-Non-sniper weapons are all getting a buff
-Some powers were getting a buff
-Combos were bugged and not scaling with difficulty
-Shotguns will have a 'more defined role' related to use as a skirmish weapon
-Mid & high level outlaw units getting buffed
-Kett all getting nerfed, including sync kill chances
-Cobra RPGs getting a buff. Won't be OHK, but more damage will carry through, including on Ascendants
-UR weapons are supposed to feel better and be better than other rarities, and are getting buffed
-They are looking into crashing and definitely want any feedback from people there
-They're going to add something to do/buy with unused mission funds, related to progression speed

No actual numbers for now, but they'll post them closer to release.

So 75% of weapons aren't working right, two of three factions are not set up properly, a major damage mechanic isn't functional, and some player powers need a buff.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I bought factorio

gently caress you guys

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Call me when Andromeda is like half price and I might be dumb enough to buy it. Maybe by that time they'll have cobbled together enough patches that it doesn't look and play like a janky mess.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

it's an especially insanely good design choice when the player character feels like they are made of paper

Yep. Devs kept slashing player's armor and health values, balancing weapons and skills around PvP instead of listening to the majority of players in PvE that kept getting the poo poo end of the stick, didn't address any of the long standing problems, then wondered why player numbers fell off.

BUT I KNOW

LET'S ADD PREMIUM COSMETICS!!

:cripes:

Two Finger posted:

So 75% of weapons aren't working right, two of three factions are not set up properly, a major damage mechanic isn't functional, and some player powers need a buff.

Good grief :( ME3 multi was so fun, how do you gently caress that up so badly

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And that's why you always play Stalker on master.. Cranking the difficulty all the way up actually makes the game easier.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Yep. Devs kept slashing player's armor and health values, balancing weapons and skills around PvP instead of listening to the majority of players in PvE that kept getting the poo poo end of the stick, didn't address any of the long standing problems, then wondered why player numbers fell off.

BUT I KNOW

LET'S ADD PREMIUM COSMETICS!!

:cripes:

Jesus christ :suicide: Why didn't they just do what WoW did, and tune base stats/damage separately for PvE and PvP?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The answer to all these questions is "BioWare"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

Thank God they didn't make that same dumb voice with Wildlands

Right? I feel like Wildlands deserves a lot more love than it gets, but came out at the worst possible time since it was competing with the Switch, a (terrible) Mass Effect and Horizon Dawn on opening day

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shitballs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Man I'm so over hacking systems. I used to be way into that stuff and even dabbled in writing homebrew but I just don't even have the energy for it anymore.

Same. Vita is my one that I keep up with, since the scene is still really new and there's a lot of new stuff coming out for it.

i ordered a 64gb mem card just for it, thanks sony for making me pay $100 for physical media ityool 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I played through it a few weeks ago to get it off my backlog. No, sorry, it's the same 3 missions over and over again until it ends. You'll be underequipped until the last hour, after which the game will poo poo powerful guns at you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Doom PC key for :10bux:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10122016-doom-pc-digital-download-9-69-or-less-cdkeys

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Me and two friends got our first chicken dinner in PUBG tonight. Myself and the guy I play duo with died fairly early, but our teammate, who doesn't take it seriously and sucks in general, managed to take advantage of the other squads killing each other and the circles closing around him perfectly until it was 2v1, then he fragged one guy and blindfired into smoke for the other. They never even saw him. Me and the other dude were dumbfounded by the entire thing. It was a glorious train wreck that worked out in my team's favor.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jesus christ :suicide: Why didn't they just do what WoW did, and tune base stats/damage separately for PvE and PvP?

Because the devs stuck fast to ARE VISION!!! and listened to the super vocal players of DID YOU NOT SEE THE TRAILERS DUH!!!

Incidentally it was those players that would whine whenever their hot poo poo of the week meta failed them and demanded everyone else be nerfed. Devs listened to them more often than not.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The answer to all these questions is "BioWare"

Ubisoft for that one.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:smith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
it was pretty metal watching you burn slim o7

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Starting to get into PUBG, got top 3 solo the first two times out. Then promptly blew myself up with a grenade next round for first death.

If anyone is on Asia add me on steam as nullscan, about to head to the pc bang to see if it runs better than on my laptop.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Because the devs stuck fast to ARE VISION!!! and listened to the super vocal players of DID YOU NOT SEE THE TRAILERS DUH!!!

Incidentally it was those players that would whine whenever their hot poo poo of the week meta failed them and demanded everyone else be nerfed. Devs listened to them more often than not.

That really sucks. I thought the core idea and world building The Division was, and still is, pretty solid :( .

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

That really sucks. I thought the core idea and world building The Division was, and still is, pretty solid :( .

Even that was pretty bad once you scratched the surface.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
isn't it basically "go gun down looters in NYC" or something like that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not sure why the internet was telling me to feel bad about gunning down those guys

Their whole deal was that they were stealing aid packages from the citizens

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, there was a thing going around that the base gangs were nothing but black dudes in hoodies but that wasn't true at all.

The big bad dudes were a PMC company anyway.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
huh, that figures it was something over exaggerated, but tbh the bullet sponge poo poo made it work worse to me than any "problematic" stuff did

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As you play through, it's not so bullet spongey. A sniper rifle round to the dome will kill your average dude. You can even forgive bosses for being bullet spongey like the cleaner dude who is literally layered to ridiculousness in an armored gas suit, or the dudes who are using fancy shade tech gear just like you. And the big missions that you do they are actually really good.

But then you hit level 30 and then to get better gear you gotta up the world tiers or do the incursions and Jesus Christ you are pumping mag after mag into just one guy and it just gets super old after that.

The mechanics of the game though are really solid but if they had actually put some length into the game instead of concentrating so hard on the dark zone and forcing you to play with other players it really could've been something.

I played a few characters up to level 30 though so I got my money's worth out of it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Here's a really amusing game bug in MEA. Because enemies get tougher as you up the difficulty in single player, your powers do more damage and so do the resultant biotic/tech explosions.

The bug is that if you increase your single player difficulty, that same bonus applies to your multiplayer characters :psyduck:
How the gently caress do you even code a game that badly?

wait it gets better, if you set the game to the lowest difficulty you get a bonus against armour with guns which carries over to multi as well

so you can take your pick of extra combo damage or extra armour damage by changing your singleplayer difficulty

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 6, 2017

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vgtsUYedE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The atmosphere is amazing, yeah. The dark zone got expanded a while back and when you go all the way to the top, there's piles of body bags stacked in the streets up to the second and sometimes third floor of apartment buildings. Abandoned dump trucks full of 'em, a bulldozer parked on top of a corpse pile, some of them are on fire, and the streets are a blood and snow slurry. They really nailed the "yo poo poo's hosed" style. Also there's a recording telling disposal units to turn back from Central Park as there's simply no more room for any more bodies :stare:

not caring here posted:

Yeah, there was a thing going around that the base gangs were nothing but black dudes in hoodies but that wasn't true at all.

The big bad dudes were a PMC company anyway.

Yeah those articles were a pretty solid indicator of who played the game and who didn't. Like sometimes you'd find a recording of the rioter dudes trying to find meds for their kids, but more often than not they're just killing for fun. There's one one of those weird 3D renderings you can find where it's like Batman investigation mode where there's rioters -> flaming bottle -> kids and welp :smith: Then there's the sanitation dudes roasting everyone with impunity. Like oh dear you got asthma?? Too bad dude. The prison inmates are painted as nothing but life sentences folks and the radio guy even says as much. The non-violent part time folks are gonna run, it's the real bad dudes sticking around to make poo poo worse.

Then lmao there's the loving PMC dudes brought in to protect Wall Street who decided now is a good time for a coup. There's an aircraft carrier with their insignia on it you can find that sadly the devs did nothing with despite it having the little inteactable things on it like ropes and ladders.

But yeah mister outraged video game writer please go on how it's all innocent people you're mowing down :v: