Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Bloodly posted:

Case in point, I find myself wondering whether the Beam Fire At Will accuracy thing took.

But then again, I've been running Accurate(+10), two levels of the accuracy skill(Supposedly +12.5), and the Nukara Particle Converter(+10) so technically I've near nulled the 40 penalty, before ACC mods on weapons and such.

...Huh. I just never wanted to miss. A miss is a waste. The accuracy overflow to crit hit and Severity sounded nice, too.

So no more overflow, but Fire At Will is mostly as it always has been.

Huh.

[Extremely Ron Howard voice]

It didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Zebulon posted:

They try and portray him that way, but then he does poo poo like lead a full on frontal assault against a Dyson Sphere with the entire remaining fleet of the Alliance.

I think we've officially given it more thought than their writers did at this point.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!

Aleph Null posted:

I think we've officially given it more thought than their writers did at this point.

Character writing in STO is abysmal, what did you expect? Characters are flat, annoying, personalityless plot devices there to spam you with a couple badly written voice lines, be useless in combat and that's about it. There's really few exceptions and he's not one of them

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Alienware is giving away Federation Orion Sci Officer BOFFs via keycode. The catch is that your acct. @ alienwarearena has to be "Level 5", whatever that entails. As of right now there are 4 of these BOFFs on the Ex for 500m or more.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/s...er-key-giveaway

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MREBoy posted:

Alienware is giving away Federation Orion Sci Officer BOFFs via keycode. The catch is that your acct. @ alienwarearena has to be "Level 5", whatever that entails. As of right now there are 4 of these BOFFs on the Ex for 500m or more.

level 5 means you have 125 alienware points.

Each shitpost is worth one point.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh hey I have an alienware account from the last giveaway!

quote:

You are at Level 1 with 12 lifetime points and are only 3 points away from Level 2. Good job!

Okay then.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Somehow, Alienware has managed to put together an even worse designed forum than PWE

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Last time I looked at that site there was a "post titties here for easy points" forum.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FuturePastNow posted:

Somehow, Alienware has managed to put together an even worse designed forum than PWE

How.

I ask because if it's that bad attempting to check will probably make my computer explode into a cloud of shrapnel or something.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
They have enough experience with their systems.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Bought by Dell, tainted by Dell. They are worse than STO.

ggie
Mar 23, 2017

hakimashou posted:

"You... are black!" says the pot to the kettle.

no i am not black

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MREBoy posted:

Somebody just posted that they're out, can anyone confirm?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

Somebody just posted that they're out, can anyone confirm?

I don't even remember what doffs I have now in my roster of 400. Jumping through hoops to get some green tinted pixel thing is :effort:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Who gives a poo poo about doffs unless they have a broken ability modifier.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They're boffs, not doffs. Demand is so high because they're bikinis on fedside.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

:jerkbag:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The best use for any orion is to give them a pair of trousers because that upsets the bikini lovers.

Since you can achieve that effect with any generic alien boff with the skin tone set to green it's not really worth the effort of getting a real orion anyway.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

MREBoy posted:

As of right now there are 4 of these BOFFs on the Ex for 500m or more.

So what is the going price now? If it's more than 500m, then I smell profit in the wind.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I have an Orion lady captain. She wears Klingon war gear. Her backstory is that she started as a slave, murdered the crew on her ship and took command. If you ask her to wear a stupid loving bikini, she will gut you.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!

Aleph Null posted:

I have an Orion lady captain. Her backstory is that she started as a slave, murdered the crew on her ship and took command..

So... Literally every KDF orion player's bio.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

GioSPL posted:

So... Literally every KDF orion player's bio.

Yeah?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

alfheimwanderer posted:

So what is the going price now? If it's more than 500m, then I smell profit in the wind.

If there are 4 of them available for 500m then the going rate probably isnt more than 500m.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Most likely there are only 4 on the exchange for 500m because they're worthless and have been sitting there forever because no one wants them.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nah there's been a gray market for fed orion boffs since the earliest days of diplomacy rewards. Pubbies wanting their bridge bunnies is just a constant, irrefutable fact of STO

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The issue of course is that 99% of the players pathetic enough to want one couldn't possibly afford them.

It's just the other 1% are the super ultra whales who dump thousands into the cash shop so there was a slow trickle of high-ticket sales regardless, yeah.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
loving :lol: if you didn't take a gorn as your diplo boff.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Of course, but only because it was when they could vaporize people with a bite :smuggo:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

ggie posted:

no i am not black

tell us more about yourself, ggie. Some people here are undecided about you, but I think you are a perfect recruit for the Academy. Maybe if we get to know you, everyone will like you more.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
ggie, what is your favorite flavor of crayon?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DancingShade posted:

I don't even remember what doffs I have now in my roster of 400. Jumping through hoops to get some green tinted pixel thing is :effort:

Yeah a few minutes after I posted that I tried making an account and just doing that was pretty much my videogame :effort: for the week, whatevs.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Preechr posted:

This is only an issue for people who aren't filling their away teams with androids, holograms or krenim.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DancingShade posted:

This is only an issue for people who aren't filling their away teams with androids, holograms or krenim.

This but also the token dinosaur man

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
I will say this: having a team of Intel-trained Orion can be hilarious, if only for all the confusion effects they can spam.

Also, Gorn in cosmetic Voth armor. Enough said.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lorak posted:

Also, Gorn in cosmetic Voth armor. Enough said.

What's that look like?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

MikeJF posted:

What's that look like?

Like a tank. Gorn look amazing in almost anything, but the big bulky armors look fantastic because they make already huge Gorn look like an angry brick wall. Gorn also for some reason tend to look really good in anything with a long coat, like the Fleet Spire outfit or Vaadwaur Officer coat.

Preechr posted:

Diplomacy Gorn are the best. Especially having a full set of three, one for each career, from before they made trading commissioned BOFFs impossible.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

MikeJF posted:

What's that look like?

Something like this:

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Preechr posted:

I was really torn on this, but I went with the Naussican for the pirate trait. And the butt ugly face to add to my monster collection.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sad thing is, I'm thinking about reinstalling this game for my first time since before Delta Rising. Getting that starship combat itch and haven't found another game that satisfies it without being really grognardy or Battlefleet Gothic. Is the grindy poo poo at endgame necessary to do anything fun, or is leveling still a decently fun experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Sad thing is, I'm thinking about reinstalling this game for my first time since before Delta Rising. Getting that starship combat itch and haven't found another game that satisfies it without being really grognardy or Battlefleet Gothic. Is the grindy poo poo at endgame necessary to do anything fun, or is leveling still a decently fun experience?
Endgame grind is to kill things faster. Leveling was revamped at this point, I think, to take off a huge chunk (around 1 million XP) to get from 50 to 60.

• Locked thread