Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Dr. Venture posted:

Someone linked this video in Discord. It's a GW battle but still pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8AhUGD4BM

Wow. So I'm guessing R2-D2's piss-fire removes turn meter too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Wow. So I'm guessing R2-D2's piss-fire removes turn meter too?

So there's three pieces that make this work;

Poe's special taunts, removes 25% TM from all enemies, and has a 65% chance to expose all enemies.

Finn's leader Zeta gives all Resistance Allies +35% TM and reduces all their CD's by one, every time an expose gets popped.

R2's AoE is an AoE. And he's Resistance.

So if Poe puts up 3 or more exposes (and Finn and RT can help out here), then R2 AoE's, and everyone gets 100%+ TM and has their cooldowns reduced; Poe's taunt is now off CD and he's up again to put up more exposes, R2's AoE CD is effectively zero. Rinse and repeat.

The main thing that R2 brings that Resistance didn't have is an effectively zero CD AoE, and a huge potency buff for Poe and Finn and Trooper to get more exposed up. Throw in something like Sidious to turbocharge the cycle out of the gate and it gets nasty.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Dr. Venture posted:

Someone linked this video in Discord. It's a GW battle but still pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8AhUGD4BM

Just. Wow.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm a little surprised that the 7 star Nilhus was the least OP unit in that squad.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Asked in chat, also posting here:

Would we like to switch up the haat a little? start at 8 am, p2+ starts at 8pm? it'll probably end up being slower though.

If nobody feels strongly one way or the other, we'll probably continue with the status quo.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
8pm your time is 5am our time, so I vote no for us Euros.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Asked in chat, also posting here:

Would we like to switch up the haat a little? start at 8 am, p2+ starts at 8pm? it'll probably end up being slower though.

If nobody feels strongly one way or the other, we'll probably continue with the status quo.

While 8PM is 4AM for me, I don't see the harm with letting it rotate, if this'd be a better time for some US people. Right now 8AM is really good for me because it's 4PM - but I'm cool with the idea of a rotation so it's really good for everybody. 0 Dam is still going to be GK shards if I miss it entirely, and I can still contribute since I doubt it'll be done super quick.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I added myself to the spread sheet. Should I hoard purple crystals, or can I spend them on something like the limited event stuff that's always going on?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

I added myself to the spread sheet. Should I hoard purple crystals, or can I spend them on something like the limited event stuff that's always going on?

Spend them on 2x 50c energy refreshes, 2x 100c cantina energy refreshes, and 50c arena refreshes (to get a fresh set of 5 attempts, not decrease cooldowns) until you stop climbing in arena rank

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

fishtobaskets posted:

Spend them on 2x 50c energy refreshes, 2x 100c cantina energy refreshes, and 50c arena refreshes (to get a fresh set of 5 attempts, not decrease cooldowns) until you stop climbing in arena rank

And save the surplus to buy raid gear or Baze/Chirrut shards.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Every squandered crystal on 5 ewok shards a Mk 5 Furnace for Hitler!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

While 8PM is 4AM for me, I don't see the harm with letting it rotate, if this'd be a better time for some US people. Right now 8AM is really good for me because it's 4PM - but I'm cool with the idea of a rotation so it's really good for everybody. 0 Dam is still going to be GK shards if I miss it entirely, and I can still contribute since I doubt it'll be done super quick.

so far this is the only post in favor of changing up the haat start time, i'm going to leave it be for now

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

so far this is the only post in favor of changing up the haat start time, i'm going to leave it be for now

My timezone is such that I either miss the start or the end depending on am or pm start, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

On a related note, I'm going to be moving to the other side of the world in a few weeks, has anyone had experience with asking CG to change their account timezone so that I can keep my arena payout at a time that I'm actually conscious?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

My timezone is such that I either miss the start or the end depending on am or pm start, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

On a related note, I'm going to be moving to the other side of the world in a few weeks, has anyone had experience with asking CG to change their account timezone so that I can keep my arena payout at a time that I'm actually conscious?

You're boned.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I did something stupid today. Upgraded phones, went from iOS to Android, so uh...theres still no way to move my account huh?

Should remove me from IGD please.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

You're boned.

Well that's encouraging. I guess I'll submit a ticket anyway, might get lucky.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hixalot posted:

I did something stupid today. Upgraded phones, went from iOS to Android, so uh...theres still no way to move my account huh?

I've heard rumors of them solving this one for folks with $$$ in the game. YMMV.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I've heard rumors of them solving this one for folks with $$$ in the game. YMMV.

I've been playing since launch pretty much and only like $50 total, so I'm not worried. Just was poking fun at myself for not realizing until after the fact.

Now to think up a new name and start the grind over again!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hixalot posted:

I've been playing since launch pretty much and only like $50 total, so I'm not worried. Just was poking fun at myself for not realizing until after the fact.

Now to think up a new name and start the grind over again!

don't have the old phone? still works over wireless.

Ipad plays it too.

dunno about emulators.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I want k2 to be good. Is k2 good?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

hup posted:

I want k2 to be good. Is k2 good?

There's a trio of rogue one teams on my shard (Zeta Jyn, K2, Chaze, Cassian) that are absolutely nasty to fight.

But in general, not really.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hixalot posted:

Did you trade in your old iphone? if you still have it, you can play connected to wifi.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Davethulhu posted:

Did you trade in your old iphone? if you still have it, you can play connected to wifi.

True, can give that a shot. Didn't think about that. Otherwise not so bad for fresh start, just wouldn't be contributing much to the guild.

Edit: decided not worth it, since I won't have that device on me and play on the go a lot.

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 7, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Hixalot posted:

True, can give that a shot. Didn't think about that. Otherwise not so bad for fresh start, just wouldn't be contributing much to the guild.

As long as you put in your 600 we'll be happy :)

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Anyone have room on friend list so I can borrow high levels to fly through this stuff?

Also if there's space in a goon guild I'll take it. Mostly consistent player just had to start over last night due to iOS/Android switch already up to 28

Code is 332-899-276

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone give me an idea of what/who I should be focusing on? I have 62 characters and am level 55, but feel like I'm struggling a bit.

Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/taintrunner/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Can someone give me an idea of what/who I should be focusing on? I have 62 characters and am level 55, but feel like I'm struggling a bit.

Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/taintrunner/

Read the OP, for real. It's not outdated.

7*ing those important toons absolutely should be your goal. Amassing an undergeared and unstarred stable isn't going to get you anywhere.

Focus your rebel/scoundrel squad first.

Lando from Cantina Battles
Boba Fett from Cantina Currency
Stormtrooper Han from Arena
Luminara to 5* from GW (She's great for GW, and not much else.)
Followed by Biggs from GW

Start your Hard Mode fights for lumi (to 5*) boba fett, biggs, RG, and Dooku is my suggestion.

When you can start farming Wedge from Cantina Battles, start farming him so you have a 5-rebel squad

Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Stormtrooper Han/Akbar - This squad at 7* will allow you to unlock Emperor Palpatine.

Scoundrels are also important:

Lando, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, IG-88 +1 will allow you to farm the credit/droid heists that come about usually once/week. These heists are CRUCIAL for leveling your toons.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 7, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Hixalot posted:

Anyone have room on friend list so I can borrow high levels to fly through this stuff?

Also if there's space in a goon guild I'll take it. Mostly consistent player just had to start over last night due to iOS/Android switch already up to 28

Code is 332-899-276

I thought you were just going to get your spot back in IGD? If you don't want it, we can send muadib over and you can have his spot in QGJ

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So who should I focus on trying to get first? Storm trooper han?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

So who should I focus on trying to get first? Storm trooper han?

You've got 5 different sources for character shards, and they're mutually exclusive.

See my post above replying to taintrunner.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

fishtobaskets posted:

I thought you were just going to get your spot back in IGD? If you don't want it, we can send muadib over and you can have his spot in QGJ

Thought I edited but must have not gone through, just starting over because I play on the go a lot and don't want to drag two devices with me.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chilichimp posted:

7*ing those important toons absolutely should be your goal. Amassing an undergeared and unstarred stable isn't going to get you anywhere.

Focus your rebel/scoundrel squad first.

Lando from Cantina Battles
Boba Fett from Cantina Currency
Stormtrooper Han from Arena
Luminara to 5* from GW (She's great for GW, and not much else.)
Followed by Biggs from GW

Start your Hard Mode fights for lumi (to 5*) boba fett, biggs, RG, and Dooku is my suggestion.

When you can start farming Wedge from Cantina Battles, start farming him so you have a 5-rebel squad

Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Stormtrooper Han/Akbar - This squad at 7* will allow you to unlock Emperor Palpatine.

Scoundrels are also important:

Lando, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, IG-88 +1 will allow you to farm the credit/droid heists that come about usually once/week. These heists are CRUCIAL for leveling your toons.

If one decided to spend the money for the Shoretrooper pack, how would that change your advice? Not much such STH is so important for both rebels (for EP) and Scoundrels for credit heist?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely recommend purchasing the shoretrooper pack if someone is going to spend some money. He's only going to be good for Arena, and only after you gear him to GXish, but definitely a worthwhile addition.

It doesn't affect the trajectory of the starting characters at all.

Generally, though, I only recommend spending money on the 21 day crystal refresh. It's the best dollars/crystals in the game (even factoring in the May 4th sale). But Shore is loving nuts and you can't unluck him until 9B (which I still haven't even 3*ed) and he's loving GREAT in arena.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 7, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Hixalot posted:

Code is 332-899-276

I removed your old account and invited you back. I also sent you an ally invite. If you need someone specific just ask. I think R2 and Maul are set as my default characters for lending.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Dr. Venture posted:

I removed your old account and invited you back. I also sent you an ally invite. If you need someone specific just ask. I think R2 and Maul are set as my default characters for lending.

Sweet. Thanks!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

One thing about the OP: You can 7* Lando long before you can start working on Wedge in Cantina (requires level 69 but you can finish Lando way before that). What would you all say to do in that situation? Work on Biggs so you're that much closer to Wiggs when Wedge is available or just skip to TFP?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

One thing about the OP: You can 7* Lando long before you can start working on Wedge in Cantina (requires level 69 but you can finish Lando way before that). What would you all say to do in that situation? Work on Biggs so you're that much closer to Wiggs when Wedge is available or just skip to TFP?

Either one works. Finn, Aayla Secura, or Kylo Ren are also good choices that you can put on pause when Wedge becomes availiable. You'll be thankful for the head start when you double back.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

TFP or Kylo

Biggs is doable through GW

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Kylo is probably more versatile. TFP's time has passed. Still a decent character to have, just not brokenly OP like some others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Kylo is probably more versatile. TFP's time has passed. Still a decent character to have, just not brokenly OP like some others.

His ship owns.