Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

More accurate and better are not the same thing at all. Clicking on something with a mouse is obviously more accurate than using an analog stick. Using a controller is way more satisfying and enjoyable imo. So people that need a mouse to play games should just stay the gently caress off of console MP games and play on PC instead of using a pricey little cheat box to break the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

You know what combined the accuracy of a mouse with the ease of use of a controller? The wiimote + nunchuck :smug:

1v1 me in The Condiut

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

More accurate and better are not the same thing at all. Clicking on something with a mouse is obviously more accurate than using an analog stick. Using a controller is way more satisfying and enjoyable imo. So people that need a mouse to play games should just stay the gently caress off of console MP games and play on PC instead of using a pricey little cheat box to break the rules.

it's more satisfying and enjoyable to be able to actually hit poo poo quickly with no autoaim required.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Oh wow! Differing opinions! It's almost as if it's subjective!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

To be honest I'll never understand dual stick controls for FPS games. Other people can do just fine with them, but I'm too old for that poo poo and played too much Quake in my youth to consider the alternative.

The left thumbstick controls your legs, the right one controls your torso/neck.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The left thumbstick controls your legs, the right one controls your torso/neck.

I play with the thumbsticks reversed.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
lovely controls aside Prey is pretty fun, definitely at least at Dishonored level and rewards exploring even more than that

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I hadn't watched or seen anything since the first teaser but I irrationally hate Prey because of it's lack of relation to the first one. However, I watched some people playing and I'm extremely weak for anything with puttering around in space in zero gravity. I also really like the weird, disjointed music. I'm not sure I like the idea of having to wack everything with a wrench for a whole game though.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I like controllers just fine for fps games. Played plenty of Destiny and Titanfall on my ps4, and didn't even mind the lag on Dishonored 2 that much. But the Prey demo lag was a dealbreaker. It sucks because I was really looking forward to it, System Shock 2 is one of my favorite games.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm not sure I like the idea of having to wack everything with a wrench for a whole game though.

I'm 8 hours in and unlike Bioshock the guns are pretty decent

Also there's enemies later that are pretty much immune to the glue + wrench combo

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Is Prey pretty much a straight shooter or can you sneak around and avoid conflict like in Dishonored?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It's closer to Dishonored or Deus Ex but you don't get punished with reduced XP or whatever if you engage in combat, but the combat is fairly hard because of floaty controls and the enemies either have a lot of health and do a lot of damage, or there are a lot of them at once

One thing that might irk people is that if you want to do the sidequests there's lots of backtracking and enemies seem to have random respawns but it hasn't bothered me personally so far since enemies have somewhat random loot and ammo is really plentiful compared to the bioshocks

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 6, 2017

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
this guy who earned 1200 plats is really miffed that Sony isn't recognising his achievement/enabling his poor decisions like Microsoft would

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Lakbay posted:

I'm 8 hours in and unlike Bioshock the guns are pretty decent

Also there's enemies later that are pretty much immune to the glue + wrench combo

That's good to hear. The guy I watched play isn't know for spectacular game play, so I was hoping it was just him. I might pick this up now, I probably owe it that much after all the hate I put into it for no real reason than disappointment/nostalgia.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

There are so many angles at which to mock this that it's leaving me in a state where I can't even think of what to say because any way I start it would not live up to just the story on it's own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

"I wish Coors would recognize my ability to pound 30 beers a day. They should honor me with my incredible achievement with a lifetime supply of free beer."

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

"I wish Coors would recognize my ability to pound 30 beers a day. They should honor me with my incredible achievement with a lifetime supply of free beer."

To be fair, that lifetime supply is going to be a short one

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Lost over a month in P5 because there isn't an auto save system :negative:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

There are so many angles at which to mock this that it's leaving me in a state where I can't even think of what to say because any way I start it would not live up to just the story on it's own.
Eurogamer did an article about this, and here's the closing quote:

quote:

I would like to end it every day, but I am just too addicted to trophies, so I can't.
That's just sad.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Akuma posted:

Eurogamer did an article about this, and here's the closing quote:
That's just sad.

All I can think about is Ray Liotta yelling "FEAR ME" and crying in his underwear and slippers at the end of Revolver but in this guy's case he's yelling "ACKNOWLEDGE ME". It'd make for a great gif but I don't have time to make it right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Obsurveyor posted:

All I can think about is Ray Liotta yelling "FEAR ME" and crying in his underwear and slippers at the end of Revolver but in this guy's case he's yelling "ACKNOWLEDGE ME". It'd make for a great gif but I don't have time to make it right now.
Where's your pride?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Wasn't there a contest where you could bid on or win stuff by having trophies? The new sex experience or something we all laughed at because of the url?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Nah dog, you lost a month's progress 'cause you didn't save.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Years ago, I used to work at this record store that sold some games and this dude I worked with was rummaging through the reject crap bin and he pulled out some 5 year old Tiger woods game. When I commented on how I didn't think he even liked golf he looked over at me and said "uhhhh I don't... free cheevos dude :smug:"

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My older brother never made the transition to mouselook. He played Quake 2 with Doom controls and the occasional pageup/pagedown and found the mouse stuff too daunting. Then he had kids and mostly stopped playing games for himself.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

mutata posted:

My older brother never made the transition to mouselook. He played Quake 2 with Doom controls and the occasional pageup/pagedown and found the mouse stuff too daunting. Then he had kids and mostly stopped playing games for himself.

RIP

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mutata posted:

hosed up if true.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

mutata posted:

That....that is no life...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOOOOOOOUUUUU if you keep arguing about control schemes on the internet! Ooooooh!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

why the gently caress would you go a whole month without saving

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

why the gently caress would you go a whole month without saving

Another child of the new console generations...

I used up all 16 save slots in the first two hours, continually rotating through with a new save file for every day and every dungeon save room

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You can always tell who never played an old point and click/text adventure based on their saving habits.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Another child of the new console generations...

I used up all 16 save slots in the first two hours, continually rotating through with a new save file for every day and every dungeon save room

That's how I did it. Use all 16 slots.

If it had been 15 minutes or more since the last save, it goes to the next slot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm not that extreme. I'm only using two slots. One for the current day, and one at least a month back.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Only time I keep one save for things is during a Palace. No point in having 6 saves for one Palace as I'm never going to reload an old save earlier in a Palace.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not that extreme. I'm only using two slots. One for the current day, and one at least a month back.

Why not use all the slots? You have plenty of space and there is no downside to it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Andrast posted:

Why not use all the slots? You have plenty of space and there is no downside to it.

Whenever I go overboard in Fallout or whatever with multiple save slots, I never end up needing 90% of those saves I make. I'm more confident with my choices.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The only time this game caught me was when it crashed and killed two hours of dungeon crawling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Whenever I go overboard in Fallout or whatever with multiple save slots, I never end up needing 90% of those saves I make. I'm more confident with my choices.

I think toward the end of my Elder Scrolls Skyrim play through on PS3 my saves folder was about a Gig cos the file sizes kept ballooning