Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

kevin can CP battery too since if he has the B rank transfer accessory that boosts CP gain. not to Cold Steel degrees but since hes more of a caster i found he had one in the tank often enough that i could be fairly free with craft use

anyway, now begins my epic journey to beat this over the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

where is star door 4? i seem to have skipped over it

e: never mind, found it, remembered that i hadn't used the map on the golden road

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 6, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm halfway through chapter 6, this game is throwing some insane bosses at me now. Also Renne's second s-craft is super fuckin cool. I just found the invitation to the rank 2 arena and I remember hearing somewhere that beating the arena with Anelace buffs her already insane sword, does that need to be rank 2/3 or can it be any rank?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also sorry amppelix but not only does this game reference Carnelia, one of the sun doors is also explicitly about the sc/cs2 book Gambler Jack.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Zaggitz posted:

I'm halfway through chapter 6, this game is throwing some insane bosses at me now. Also Renne's second s-craft is super fuckin cool. I just found the invitation to the rank 2 arena and I remember hearing somewhere that beating the arena with Anelace buffs her already insane sword, does that need to be rank 2/3 or can it be any rank?

It needs to be rank 3. (And there is no real need to spoiler her name considering that it's spoiled by the game at a number of locations like the loading screen or the Gralsritter book already)

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

RegalStar posted:

It needs to be rank 3. (And there is no real need to spoiler her name considering that it's spoiled by the game at a number of locations like the loading screen or the Gralsritter book already)

The book spoilers have been cut down a bit at least.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I probably wouldn't have picked Hard if I knew the game's idea of difficulty was just unfair enemies.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

RegalStar posted:

Either the game was patched between my checkings or this issue only affects the very beginning, but the names of party members you don't yet have are now blacked out in the section where they're all listed. Loading screens are still a huge tell though. They should've made some non-player characters appear on those to keep it a bit vague.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I probably wouldn't have picked Hard if I knew the game's idea of difficulty was just unfair enemies.

How far are you? Up to Chapter 4 nothing's been too ridiculous compared to SC's prologue, was hoping it wouldn't spike up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just had my first in-game encounter with Overdosing Heavenly Bliss :gizz:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Late chapter 6 spoilers.

aaaaaAAAAAAAA

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I saw something about there being a reward for never fleeing a battle, can anyone confirm if this is true and what the item is if so?

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Zaggitz posted:

I saw something about there being a reward for never fleeing a battle, can anyone confirm if this is true and what the item is if so?

It's a Quartz. You can get it from the fountain in the final chapter if you have fought at least 300 battles and have never run away.
Alternatively, if you run away at least 300 times, you'll get a different one. They're mutually exclusive.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Saralene posted:

It's a Quartz. You can get it from the fountain in the final chapter if you have fought at least 300 battles and have never run away.
Alternatively, if you run away at least 300 times, you'll get a different one. They're mutually exclusive.

Well, that sucks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Star Door 4. :unsmith:

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 6, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Saralene posted:

drat, running accidentally that one time five hours ago is kind of a drag. Oh well time to run 299 more times throughout the game.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

AnEndcat posted:

How far are you? Up to Chapter 4 nothing's been too ridiculous compared to SC's prologue, was hoping it wouldn't spike up.

I probably should have been more specific than every enemy, but I don't like the big tanky enemies in the capital that have a lot of defense, but also take zero damage from every element of Arts but their weakness. Just means you have to focus on them one at a time, which means they get more moves, and that really sucks with the guys who hit twice.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Justin_Brett posted:

I probably should have been more specific than every enemy, but I don't like the big tanky enemies in the capital that have a lot of defense, but also take zero damage from every element of Arts but their weakness. Just means you have to focus on them one at a time, which means they get more moves, and that really sucks with the guys who hit twice.

Julia's chain attacks with one or two other people has made short work of anything. I'm on normal though and she got a weapon a few steps stronger than anyone else's stuff at some point. She just double hits during her chain attack which is real useful.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

havenwaters posted:

drat, running accidentally that one time five hours ago is kind of a drag. Oh well time to run 299 more times throughout the game.

you can prob just buff up your escape numbers using cheat engine if that's too much of a hassle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm having trouble winning the second round of the fishing minigame.

Any advice on how to be less terrible at fishing? :sigh:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I'm having trouble winning the second round of the fishing minigame.

Any advice on how to be less terrible at fishing? :sigh:

you wanna use, i think the bamboo rod to catch a crab, then use the crab as bait to catch a fish worth like 300 that guarantees a win.

as far as the actual minigame goes you just need to be quick on the draw

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finally beat chapter 6, what a loving meat grinder. Extremely cool concept but holy crap the game starts really living up to its name as the hardest Trails game.

Now it's time for chapter 7, which looks like its gonna be a very different kind of thrillride.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Finale is go. Gonna leave it all for tomorrow though. Lots of prep to be done.

Good game.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

you wanna use, i think the bamboo rod to catch a crab, then use the crab as bait to catch a fish worth like 300 that guarantees a win.

as far as the actual minigame goes you just need to be quick on the draw

This, though Carp can also be used to capture a large fish. So if you get any of them they work as well.

And for the minigame, I don't know if this helps but I use the audio queue to know I need to press the button. Then if it looks like there is trouble with the line I tend to mash the confirm button, but I really don't know if that actually does anything. I just got spooked when I once lost a large fish during that animation so I've been doing it since.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Alard posted:

This, though Carp can also be used to capture a large fish. So if you get any of them they work as well.

And for the minigame, I don't know if this helps but I use the audio queue to know I need to press the button. Then if it looks like there is trouble with the line I tend to mash the confirm button, but I really don't know if that actually does anything. I just got spooked when I once lost a large fish during that animation so I've been doing it since.

i meant carp i think, dunno why i typed crab. also yeah i mash with the big fish. dunno if it does anything but the only time i failed was the one time i didn't so...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Carp and crab would both work for different big guys. Personally I just couldn't catch any crabs but I know they're there because Norche kept landing them.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

anelace is a monster now, it owns

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, the mechanics aren't a problem, it's knowing which rods and which bait get which fish to outscore Norche.

Also, I forgot how great Jill and Hans are. :allears:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

What the hell is the deal with the shining poms at the bottom of the abyss? Any S craft i use on them does AT MOST 1 damage, and I'm using phys only s crafts. Do I just need to outlevel them or something? Joshua is lvl 133 (kevin is higher but they are immune to his s craft)

In fact im fairly sure i havent killed a single shining pom all game despite encountering a few and using s crafts on them.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

What the hell is the deal with the shining poms at the bottom of the abyss? Any S craft i use on them does AT MOST 1 damage, and I'm using phys only s crafts. Do I just need to outlevel them or something? Joshua is lvl 133 (kevin is higher but they are immune to his s craft)

In fact im fairly sure i havent killed a single shining pom all game despite encountering a few and using s crafts on them.

Have you had 200 CP when you used them? For some reason that seems to be the only way I've found to deal any damage to them so far in the game.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah I i did, i tried with every character i brought with me on that run at 200 and got nothing.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Then I don't know, all the ones I've fought so far in the game(I just got up to Chapter 5) that's been the trick. I guess if you haven't you could see if instant death works on them? But beyond that I don't know of any other options to use.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just figured it out. none of my characters were breaking these poms damage threshold, i stuck two tiger hearts on joshua and now a 200 s craft does half their health.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Kloe's S-craft is the bane of poms since Sanctus Nova works off her ATS to hit enemies' ADF. One Sanctus Nova is pretty much guaranteed to be enough to OHKO whatever poms that get hit unless she's hideously underlevelled.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just finished all the doors.

Renne :smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the fifth sun door :stare:

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hey it's me the guy who went and bought all the steam trading cards for these games 'cos I finally realized they expand into full pictures.

It's amusing how many of these tease Schera and Olivier having a thing going on on the side. I wonder where all this art comes from exactly.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Doomhammer posted:

Hey it's me the guy who went and bought all the steam trading cards for these games 'cos I finally realized they expand into full pictures.

It's amusing how many of these tease Schera and Olivier having a thing going on on the side. I wonder where all this art comes from exactly.

prepare to have your mind blown: https://falcom.luna-sanctum.net/

(note: site is organized like poo poo)

anyway what the hell am i supposed to be doing in the monochrome schoolhouse

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

prepare to have your mind blown: https://falcom.luna-sanctum.net/

(note: site is organized like poo poo)

anyway what the hell am i supposed to be doing in the monochrome schoolhouse

Kill all the black knights, it will restore color to the schoolhouse, when you do all the buildings and the courtyard you go to the old school house for the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
^^^^
And none of the red knights. The bracerpriest notebook actually hints this.

Really Pants posted:

the fifth sun door :stare:

The fifth moon door is really /something/, too.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 7, 2017