Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Horses should let you climb mountains more easily, just like in Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Mylan posted:

Or a pegasus

I could totally imagine one of the DLCs (maybe the final dlc) plopping a flying horse somewhere on the map.

edit: oh gently caress! Better idea! There should be a "friendly" guardian in one of the DLCs that you can ride.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

I could totally imagine one of the DLCs (maybe the final dlc) plopping a flying horse somewhere on the map.

edit: oh gently caress! Better idea! There should be a "friendly" guardian in one of the DLCs that you can ride.

Holy poo poo. Guardian horse, yes please :allears:

edit: better still be able to fire lasers tho

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mega64 posted:

Horses should let you climb mountains more easily, just like in Skyrim.

Please horse can't climb.

Now if you capture a goat on the other hand.......

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Goats hate Link in this game. It's like they institutionally remember how he used to keep them locked up in a past life.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Polo-Rican posted:

Sold. I want to mount a guardian that will carry me up mountains and allow me to shoot lasers at poo poo like a space aged tank.

Make it so.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Love the app Malachi

Anyone know how to cook recipes/potions that give high-level heat/cool resistance? I'm betting it's an elixir but I stay away from monster parts, that system confuses me for now

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Someone please help me...

https://i.imgur.com/ugC3fYW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/thrg1mD.jpg

Missing 2 shrines, I know one is the Stolen Heirloom shrine near Kakariko village, but I have no idea where the last one is.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

acksplode posted:

Here have mine

c'mon man this isn't the skyrim thread

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Someone please help me...

https://i.imgur.com/ugC3fYW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/thrg1mD.jpg

Missing 2 shrines, I know one is the Stolen Heirloom shrine near Kakariko village, but I have no idea where the last one is.

Do you only have 2 shrines for the dueling peaks? There should be one at the bottom in the valley and one on each peak.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's hard to tell but it looks like you got 2 shrines at dueling peaks when there is 3. 2 are at the top of each peak, and one is near the bottom of the north mountain next to the river running through it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Phantasium posted:

Do you only have 2 shrines for the dueling peaks? There should be one at the bottom in the valley and one on each peak.

seiferguy posted:

Yeah it's hard to tell but it looks like you got 2 shrines at dueling peaks when there is 3. 2 are at the top of each peak, and one is near the bottom of the north mountain next to the river running through it.

You guys rock, that was it. :cheers:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The Lobster posted:

I found out by playing Mario Kart that I have a desyncing left Joycon. This wouldn't be a big thing (I mean it desyncs pretty badly; three times in one race at a four foot distance with no aquariums or electronics or anything around) since I almost always play my Switch in handheld mode but it was ruining Mario Kart so I called Nintendo and they said, "Yeah that's pretty bad, send it in." But I forgot that I am going to the beach for two weeks next week. So I can't send it in or I won't be able to play Zelda at the beach. (The lady on the line was like, "No worries, you can still play Mario Kart with only one Joycon!" But Zelda, woman. ZEL-DA.)

Any experience sending in Joycons for repair and how fast the turnaround usually is?

This is a little late of a reply but the exact same thing was happening to me and I ended up sending my joycon to Nintendo for repairs. Now, this may have been because I filled out their survey they emailed me with nothing but praise but they handled my issue super quick. I was sent an email when they received my controller in the mail and later that same day, I had an email telling me that they were mailing it back to me. The email said it would take 7-10 days but the package was sent via overnight air.

It also completely fixed my issue. I was walking off of cliffs before the fix. Just fill out the survey and send them the controller. No offense to the other goons recommending opening your controller​ but I think you'll have a much better time just sending the controller to Nintendo.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Spellman posted:

Love the app Malachi

Anyone know how to cook recipes/potions that give high-level heat/cool resistance? I'm betting it's an elixir but I stay away from monster parts, that system confuses me for now

Thanks!

Sorry, I'm planning on adding more detailed info in the app soon. For heat and cold resist, 2 fish or 3 mushrooms will give you max resist. Safflinas and fruits will only ever give you low-level resist.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Am I terrible at this game because I (probably) never made an elixir? I cooked lots of dishes but I never made anything with the monster parts I'm hoarding, I never had enough insects to make anything good compared to cooking.

Also, is there any value in spears? I stuck mostly to 1 and 2 handed weapons (spin to win!) but spears usually were dumped as soon as I had a better weapon

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

gariig posted:

Am I terrible at this game because I (probably) never made an elixir? I cooked lots of dishes but I never made anything with the monster parts I'm hoarding, I never had enough insects to make anything good compared to cooking.

Also, is there any value in spears? I stuck mostly to 1 and 2 handed weapons (spin to win!) but spears usually were dumped as soon as I had a better weapon

I never made an elixir till post game cause I was waiting for the eventual NPC to tell me how to make them, and only found that NPC after I beat Ganon.

Spears don't have much strength, but are really good for their range and swift hits that easily let you outpoke enemies from generally safer ranges. It's not a huge deal if you miss out on them since combat is very flexible already, but they have a nice niche in combat either way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Seems Elixirs are better for weaker but longer-lasting effects (assuming you just use a bunch of fangs rather than horns, should have plenty of both anyway), whereas with meals you get more oomph and some hearts. Of course, if you do horn farming that doesn't matter, and usually duration isn't that big a factor anyway unless you're using attack buffs for Lynels or something. Otherwise, Fireproof is only available in Elixirs.

Meals still seem the better deal overall though. Better to save monster parts for mon to buy cool stuff.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 5, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mezzanine posted:

For heat and cold resist, 2 fish or 3 mushrooms will give you max resist. Safflinas and fruits will only ever give you low-level resist.

So just so we're clear, you can't get a 3rd tier of heat resist or cool resist? I know how to get 2 heat/cool icons but not 3 like I can with sneaky/hasty

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Spellman posted:

So just so we're clear, you can't get a 3rd tier of heat resist or cool resist? I know how to get 2 heat/cool icons but not 3 like I can with sneaky/hasty

There are only two levels of resist for heat and cold.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spellman posted:

There are only 2 tiers of heat, cold, and flame resistance

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 6, 2017

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

All you have to do is peek at your temperature gauge when consuming a hot/cold resist elixir. You'll see the blue or red portions shrink appropriately. Link's discomfort starts in the lit-up portions of the meter, of which a L2 elixir will almost completely eliminate.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Explored a bunch of Hyrule Castle and I'm completely in love. Came in here to get the picture and my curiosity kept me exploring. Its not locked behind a point of no return! Its a place you can just explore whenever! Its full of loot, secrets and deadly fights! Why is this game so loving good?!

Probably didn't need to tag that, but best to be safe and considerate for others having the same giddy thrill. Goddamn this game. :allears:

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I'm just gonna leave this here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSuLmq8LX-Y

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

There's unused space or something within the game files (or coding of the amiibo themselves) that points to there being four more unannounced amiibo at this point and it feels like it's all pointing to the 100-years past champions each getting their own figure.

But that would mean no Sidon figure of course, unless nobody would actually complain if they say, switched out a Mipha amiibo for a Sidon one.

But what would it actually do in-game?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The sidon amiibo would just trigger the cutscenes where he does the smile and fist pump

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

But that would mean no Sidon figure of course, unless nobody would actually complain if they say, switched out a Mipha amiibo for a Sidon one.

Me.

I would complain.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The sidon amiibo would just trigger the cutscenes where he does the smile and fist pump

day one preorder

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd assume the Champion amiibo would refresh their specific power and maybe give you a copy of their signature weapon...maybe?

But at the same time, 4 of the 5 current BotW amiibo do nothing that can't already be found in game, so they could just do poo poo all.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
You'll get some loot, and probably specialty arrows that align with the champion

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Crawfish posted:

I'd assume the Champion amiibo would refresh their specific power and maybe give you a copy of their signature weapon...maybe?

But at the same time, 4 of the 5 current BotW amiibo do nothing that can't already be found in game, so they could just do poo poo all.

I would think they would include the clothing each Champion wears...s-somehow.

You can finally have Link rocking heels with the Urbosa amiibo while the Daruk amiibo gets you a gigantic stomach for Link to sport. It's not fat it's just concentrated muscle. Good for the sumo mini-game they would introduce in DLC Pack #2.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

There are only 2 tiers of heat, cold, and flame resistance

I guess it's just funny to me that they still call it mid-tier heat/cold resistance in the craft descriptions

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I finally went to Eventide Island. I feel like I kind of cheated by making and eating the Thirty Minute Murder Meal beforehand, and having more than 20 hearts at the time (But for the Grace I still would have Game overed, though. I am not good at Shirtless Fighting.)

My biggest regret was running around like a frantic idiot instead of carefully exploring; Watching videos after the fact showed me so much helpful stuff on the island I missed entirely.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I beat Ganon. Cool stuff but I think the first fight felt more satisfying. Twatting the bad guy in the head with a sword just feels better than shooting the giant monster in his rear end. Still both good though and as a spectacle, the second fight ruled. Had to stop to take a selfie with the bow though. I dunno how you'd manage the first fight without the Master Sword and a bunch of good shields though.. Oh, and I like that the way the auto-save works you get to keep all the stuff you used in the battle. Link was very full of fruit by the end.

Had a good explore of the castle too. I've got quite a few nice things from the adventuring but it is still pretty challenging in bits. I can see how you could pull it off early on though. I like that there's even Koroks hanging around. Those little dudes get everywhere. Thought I was in trouble at one point because everything started going all Blood Moon but then it was merciful and delayed it. I'm calling bullshit on the thunderstorm outside though. Stupid metal Master Sword. Oh, and the map sucks rear end. That 3D malarkey just does not work.

Anyway, there's a big machine in the desert that still needs sorting and some baddies who stole a helmet who need to be taught a lesson so I will revisit later on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How many world bosses are there and are they particularly hard?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jose posted:

4 Divine Beasts, and Ganon in the castle. And not particularly.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jose posted:

Like 4 major variants (Talus, Molduga, Hinox, Lynell)? Only the Lynell is really hard untill you learn some of its behaviors.

Assuming you'e talking about boss like enemies running around the open world.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 6, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yeah i meant the ones running around the open world.

Is there a particular trick to sorting out the lightning near the lakeside stable to unlock the shrine? I assume I need to shoot the dragon with an arrow but I just get hit by the lightning non-stop in that area

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jose posted:

yeah i meant the ones running around the open world.

Is there a particular trick to sorting out the lightning near the lakeside stable to unlock the shrine? I assume I need to shoot the dragon with an arrow but I just get hit by the lightning non-stop in that area

You need lightning to hit the shrine to open it

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
It seems like Breathe of the Wind has been taking a peek at Yoko Taro's book regarding their attitude towards competitionists.

In addition to the whole "100% Korok Seeds literally gets you a turd" thing there's a sidequest where the "down payment" is more than the reward for going and killing two guardians. I laughed pretty hard

I mean you still get a reward, so not really that one sidequest from Nier that gives you jack poo poo after making you grind for rare items.

Arbitrary Coin fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I also just completed the main quest. My opinion probably echoes many like it: I'm a bit disappointed that the Calamity Ganon fight had so little build up (many people honestly just stumble into it without realizing ). Don't get me wrong, one of the things I loved and praised when starting the game was the fact you could go fight Ganon ANY TIME you wanted to. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same foreboding feeling of climbing a too-long red-carpeted spiral staircase to a big red door.

The fight itself wasn't anything spectacular. It felt big and intense, but I couldn't differentiate it much from the blight boss counterparts. And fighting beast Ganon looked cool, but shooting glowy spots while he fires a giant fuckoff laser no where in my general direction didn't feel too tense. I really would have loved to fight a bipedal/humanoid Ganon in this Zelda's engine.

Lastly, the ending was super short and quick, reminded me of an NES game's ending. Even the added bit after the credits with all memories was pretty uneventful. No real mention of Zelda's retained youth (I'm sure you can easily chalk it up to divine magic or some poo poo, but I woulda appreciated a mention of it) and sadly no appearance from King Rhoam to be all wispy and say "Good job! Zelda, I'm proud of you" or w/e. Seems like all the ghosts could have got together for a little celebration.

But now that that's over with, I ain't gonna sweat it and enjoy exploring the rest of the world that has no doubt escaped me. This game really is all about the adventure and it does that part really well.