Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I finally got a silence and 8x scope in a game and had some time to play around with it. It's so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
It's that mixture of one part solidarity in knowing exactly what that confused, panicked body language of your target means and exactly what it feels like to be shot at from who the gently caress knows where, and one part relief of knowing it is not you who is feeling it.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I finally got a silence and 8x scope in a game and had some time to play around with it. It's so great.

The 8x is just too much. Give me an ACOG or give me death.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Roumba posted:

Does anyone else have problems with hangups/freeze-ups when opening your inventory?

I mean my game literally goes to 0 FPS. It will half load the transparent inventory UI and then the screen won't update for 5-30 seconds. The game still accepts movement and looting mouse and keyboard commands but my visuals are totally locked up for that time period, this always happens the first time hit tab after parachuting in regardless of if I am in the middle of a town or just out at sea. Preemptively opening it while I parachute in does not help either, unfortunately.

It's your game struggling to load stuff. Defrag and if that fails get more RAM or an SSD (RAM worked for me). If your case is anything like mine then you might also load into the game way before your loading screen is actually gone and you can hear footsteps and poo poo while the loading screen persists. You can try hitting tab there too, will make things freeze but hopefully you'll be able to load in fine.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hey guys I did this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m--QAOq7E6Q

WEEDBABY'S SCHOOL OF DRIVING REALLY REALLY GOOD (FOR ANTS)

nice, i enjoyed this

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
If you haven't seen this absurdly close round by BreaK you need to. Well worth the time, it's phenomenal.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140017727

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pooky posted:

If you haven't seen this absurdly close round by BreaK you need to. Well worth the time, it's phenomenal.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140017727

Goddamn this is definitive proof that RNGesus is real

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

God drat it, I just got #2 again because I didn't know that the circle kills you HELLA FAST at the end of a round. Thought I would be clever and keep to my bush and use heals, but nope.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
we did a thing, it didn't end well

https://twitter.com/Rafzaka/status/860703699458560001

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

rip

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Barricading the bridges with a few cars and playing bridge troll whenever the circle moves to the south is about the most fun thing in this game. The ambush is great and you have surprisingly good cover, plus if you need to dip you probably have a few cars around.

Also never not take the higher risk start. Pochinki and Mylta are both awesome to fight in and frequently a decent distance to the path. They're the perfect middle ground between military base gently caress fest and running through the woods for 45 minutes because other squads are 2 spooky. The apartment blocks on the east of Pochinki overlooking the court yard area and the walls on the hill in the south east of Mylta are prime shoot mans spots.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Man, I hope they never change the car physics.
https://gfycat.com/SlightNeighboringCowbird

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hey guys I did this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m--QAOq7E6Q

WEEDBABY'S SCHOOL OF DRIVING REALLY REALLY GOOD (FOR ANTS)

4:20 was sick, please tell me that was deliberate.
both the stun itself and the timecode

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
SKS without a scope is surprisingly viable:
https://streamable.com/m2jmj

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

eSporks posted:

4:20 was sick, please tell me that was deliberate.
both the stun itself and the timecode

No

Yes

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Are headshots an instant kill, regardless of the weapon?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

qkkl posted:

Are headshots an instant kill, regardless of the weapon?

No. There's a damage chart in the OP. It's usually 2 hits.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
Had a great game of duos just now that ended up with me being really stupid. Illusive and I dropped into Mylta Power, he got killed straight away but I managed to escape with an M16 and a 4x plus a stupid amount of 556 ammo. After a relatively harrowing boat ride past the circle, I bagged 4 dudes and looted an AKM, before dying to the circle in 11th because I forgot to check my health ;) Love this game.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

No. There's a damage chart in the OP. It's usually 2 hits.
This game does wonky poo poo. I got knocked out by an AKM oneshot with a level 3 helm.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

eSporks posted:

This game does wonky poo poo. I got knocked out by an AKM oneshot with a level 3 helm.

Same thing happened last night to one of my squad. I just assumed some laggy bullshit was responsible.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Since what I'm assuming is the last patch, I'm getting crazy FPS drops when moving around, anyone have a similar problem and a fix, or is it just this patch being terrible? Game ran completely fine before.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Orv posted:

Since what I'm assuming is the last patch, I'm getting crazy FPS drops when moving around, anyone have a similar problem and a fix, or is it just this patch being terrible? Game ran completely fine before.

For me, it really varies from server to server, so I think it the server performance has a real impact on FPS, not just lagginess when picking items up.

JohnClark posted:

Illusive and I dropped into Mylta Power, he got killed straight away but I managed to escape

If there's nobody around for me to Rambo charge at, I would usually just requeue if me or my friend died early enough.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think Lirik has some amazing luck when it comes to people being bad around him.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessEnergeticCrabsKlappa

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a website somewhere that clarifies questions such as "Is there bullet drop?" so I don't have to ask them here?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Try firing a sniper ever. There is bullet drop.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Can I be a streamer too?

https://www.twitch.tv/agoat

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

qkkl posted:

Is there a website somewhere that clarifies questions such as "Is there bullet drop?" so I don't have to ask them here?

http://battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Duckaerobics posted:

I think Lirik has some amazing luck when it comes to people being bad around him.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessEnergeticCrabsKlappa

Someone reverse stream sniped him today by running up to him while named Lirik's_Loot with a bunch of good gear so he could kill them and take it.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Props to the squad today on back to back wins followed by back to back circle fuckings. CyanideWolf and two dudes whose names escape me at the moment. ✊🏻

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Unfortunately the wiki is very unfinished at this point. I'm looking for answers to subtle things like "Can an enemy hear you when you crouch walk?".

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

qkkl posted:

Unfortunately the wiki is very unfinished at this point. I'm looking for answers to subtle things like "Can an enemy hear you when you crouch walk?".

I don't understand why you need a wiki. Is there bullet drop? Shoot a gun to a distance and see where the bullet hits. Can you hear someone crouch walking?
Try crouch walking with your volume turned up.

I love that goons love to know every detail about a game and post about it all day, but will inevitably be horrible at it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I don't think it's that big of a deal if he wants to know a few key things if he's new at the game or if he's planning to buy it.

It's not like he's asking how long it takes to walk from x to x repeatedly.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Try firing a sniper ever. There is bullet drop.

Most likely if he's asking these questions he's fairly new to the game and there's probably a chance he's never even stumbled across a sniper yet either seeing as they are much rarer.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
First to the bunkers. Silenced SCAR and an 8x k98. WELCOME TO HEADSHOT CITY BABY.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Has the SCAR been buffed? I always considered it the worst AR.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I love that goons love to know every detail about a game and post about it all day, but will inevitably be horrible at it.

What goons lack in skill, they make up in teamwork!!!(!!)!

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't understand why you need a wiki. Is there bullet drop? Shoot a gun to a distance and see where the bullet hits. Can you hear someone crouch walking?
Try crouch walking with your volume turned up.

It takes more effort to do these things in game then to look them up on the Internet. When I said "someone" I meant an enemy player.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

qkkl posted:

It takes more effort to do these things in game then to look them up on the Internet. When I said "someone" I meant an enemy player.

You're fine, I don't know why you got such a bad response over that question.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gunder posted:

Has the SCAR been buffed? I always considered it the worst AR.

Scar hasn't been buffed so much as the other ARs got nerfed hard.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

qkkl posted:

Yes, but I hope you can see how it would stand to reason that if you can hear yourself do something, then someone else can hear you do it.

Anyway, the answer is yes they can hear you, but its much quieter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

How is that a bad response to the question

How

What is this

Where am i

Whats going on

• Locked thread