Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bij
Feb 24, 2007

The new "PvP" queues are pretty fun and the recent crop of featured episodes are a huge step up from the stuff that came out around Delta Rising both in gameplay and environmental design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
I came back a couple months ago after last playing in 2013. I found 1-60 went by really fast, although there was a 2x event for part of that. Be sure to check out the fan service / TOS campaign if you want to start a new character. The reputation stuff is slow, but that's mostly just waiting for daily timers to reset. I haven't really gotten much into the endgame, so I can't really comment on that. If you unlocked any ships like the Risian corvette you can claim them from the event rep store in your reputation tab.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
We came across Grimrak streaming the game on Twitch. so we stopped by and did the usual greeting.
https://oddshot.tv/s/bFVlG9
I don't think Grimrak remembers us anymore. :(

quote:

[Tell] Ronald D. Greybast@doltarhrsoljaht: If u keep this up I will report u to Administration for interfereing
[System] @doltarhrsoljaht is ignoring you.
[System] [ItemLost] You used Subspace Party Amplifier
[Tell] Ronald D. Greybast@doltarhrsoljaht: Concider yourself reported to administration for ruining our fun
[Tell] Ronald D. Greybast@doltarhrsoljaht: You will recieve a warning rom them

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas
loving plonkers

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Silly sods.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have seen an Orion boff try to seduce a turret. They're not very smart.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

FuturePastNow posted:

I have seen an Orion boff try to seduce a turret. They're not very smart.
We've also seen Riker punch a turret to death.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So what's the quickest and easiest way to poo poo out a daily bonus of PvP mark?

Zebulon posted:

Diplomacy Gorn are the best. Especially having a full set of three, one for each career, from before they made trading commissioned BOFFs impossible.

I was after that date so I only have one Gorn, but he's my medic. Heals 'em up nice and good.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MikeJF posted:

So what's the quickest and easiest way to poo poo out a daily bonus of PvP mark?

The ground queue is reasonably quick.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

Ground queue as previously suggested but the real question is why are you even bothering when Prey (aka best game of the year) just came out?

It's System Shock 3 in all but name and it's loving great.

Stop worrying about dumb phasers and start worrying about how many bullets you have left and if you can sneak past that ethereal monster thing between you and that elevator.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Ground queue as previously suggested but the real question is why are you even bothering when Prey (aka best game of the year) just came out?

Stop worrying about dumb phasers and start worrying about how many bullets you have left and if you can sneak past that ethereal monster thing between you and that elevator.

I haven't been playing STO lately because I got sucked into installing mods into fallout 4.

And playing fallout 4 I guess but it's kinda not that great but modding's addictive.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

Incidentally I tried the new space queue today and it seems really bad? Like exactly the same pointless busywork puzzles but the very first Simon Says puzzle broke two ways: a Borg cube kept spawning in front of the icons such that it's wreckage totally obscured what you were supposed to see, and then the icons stopped appearing at all and we couldn't progress. Then my game hard crashed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is Risa still kind of slow from the script that dev put in to stop our forcefield shenanigans?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

super sweet best pal posted:

Is Risa still kind of slow from the script that dev put in to stop our forcefield shenanigans?
Risa is actually crashing the game client at the moment.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Working as intended.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
Some new patch notes are out http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10500443-pc-patch-notes-for-5%2F11%2F17. I hadn't bothered with the free heavy weapon because it looked weird, but I guess I could try it again.

In more exciting news: they announced the writing contest winners! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10486013-announcing-the-first-contact-day-writing-contest-winners%21 I feel bad for I think the real winner is whoever judged the contest and got to read all 400+ entries.

MeatloafCat fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 11, 2017

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

MeatloafCat posted:

In more exciting news: they announced the writing contest winners! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10486013-announcing-the-first-contact-day-writing-contest-winners%21 I feel bad for I think the real winner is whoever judged the contest and got to read all 400+ entries.
I hope he liked my entry where Mikey was having a dance party at the great hall, but was rudely interrupted by the power rangers and a RKO out of nowhere, making him so mad that he made a blog and started writing lovely articles and berating having fun.

Inspired by true events!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I sure hope somebody submitted stimpire.txt, just to make eyes bleed.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Preechr posted:

I sure hope somebody submitted stimpire.txt, just to make eyes bleed.

Man I sure dropped the ball :(

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
My entry was disqualified because I confused Bajor with Betazed. They were really hard on being lore accurate.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So Cryptic just announced a Loading Screen Screenshot Contest ! You too could have your screenshot stared at for long periods of time by 100s of people with poo poo tier computers.

I dunno if this is a planned thing or just random co-incidence but World of Warships just announced the USS Enterprise (CV-6) as an upcoming buyable ship. I wonder what would happen if someone submitted one of WGs screenshots to Cryptic....

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/79740-a-tale-of-three-sheep-hype-part-3/page__p__1809800#entry1809800

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Submit a painting of the original sailing ship.

Badly photo shop Worf onto it somewhere.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
News Item: Updated Miranda + variant models spotted on Tribble... Start the "Is it a T6 or not ?" speculation frenzy !

http://imgur.com/a/olg1e

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hopefully that Type 8 skin gets a full rollout, it looks awesome.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

MREBoy posted:

News Item: Updated Miranda + variant models spotted on Tribble... Start the "Is it a T6 or not ?" speculation frenzy !

http://imgur.com/a/olg1e

Thanks for sharing my images. I was just about to post that myself.

This model was actually made by one of the Environmental Artists who is a big fan of the ship. Thomas made the texture.

Revamped model almost always means a T6 version. The question is, Lobi, Lockbox, R&D or C-Store?

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 13, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No loving way that releases as anything but an R&D promo pack

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I hope its in an R&D promo pack.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Oh good, it's upgrade weekend. I'll . . .

I guess I'll just refine dil and log off then.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

I got that missile launcher from the new FE to gold. I guess?

Otherwise :same:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm still bashing my head against golding my Iconian ship set. Are upgrade accelerators worth it during the weekends?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

g0del posted:

Please go outside.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Neat, I hate myself too!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't be arsed logging on to take a screenshot, but same.

There we go. Haven't bothered leveling that space boat yet but will once a reason comes along.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 13, 2017

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

Please go outside.
I live in Arizona. It won't be cool enough to go outside for another 5 months.

And I didn't do all that today. The upgrade system was introduced in 2014, which is plenty of time to gild everything.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'm still bashing my head against golding my Iconian ship set. Are upgrade accelerators worth it during the weekends?

The 2x tech point ones generally are, depending on what upgrade type you're using.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I wouldn't really bother unless it's a special tech upgrade like an Omega ones, or you're absolutely swimming in accelerators for some reason. Definitely use them with the special materials though.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Mondian posted:

No loving way that releases as anything but an R&D promo pack

It isn't R&D.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

It isn't R&D.

Or any good, as it turns out

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
There's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izvpNL-ISoQ Please tell me what's wrong with it so I don't feel bad when I can't get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Not shown: it being one-shot seconds later by a decent ship.

• Locked thread