Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

corbyn is going to get rear end-hosed because he is an uncompromising marxist and it turns out you have to be flexible on a lot of issues to be liked by dozens of millions enough to be voted into power

i bet you have great dick sucking lips

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Realistically, 'the right photogenic leader ' may not even be enough. The EU migrant panic has reached critical levels, and brexit is living proof of that. UKIP is dead, but it's acted as a gateway drug for pouring more people into the tories, purely on the basis of migrants.

That damages Labour and the long term prospects of its recovery. I don't think a Blairite is going to save it either. You could easy be looking at another decade of tories.

Interesting times.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
corbyn is a wet paper towel with a couple really dumb ideas but is otherwise good

too bad leadership requires being at least a regular paper towel

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

we needed a bernie and got corbyn

bernie didn't even get as far as corbyn did

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

bernie didn't even get as far as corbyn did

bernie is immensely popular nationwide in the US, corbyn is barely above clinton level with the UK national electorate

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

corbyn is going to get rear end-hosed because he is an uncompromising marxist and it turns out you have to be flexible on a lot of issues to be liked by dozens of millions enough to be voted into power

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

we wanted a slightly left of centre candidate but instead of we got a pile of turds in a lenin cap

Im liking this Corbyn guy more and more

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lol that you guys got some sorta Clinton/Bernie Frankenstein monster though hahahahah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
labour might have done better with someone else as leader but they're still getting hosed because the tories are really popular since brexit killed UKIP and brexit is really popular.

That and labour MP's are on the whole a load of poo poo and trying to name one who would be a good replacement goes nowhere

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol that you guys got some sorta Clinton/Bernie Frankenstein monster though hahahahah

some of his policies are straight up bonkers levels of dumb and hes more boring than clinton (and the media hates him more than bernie)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jose posted:

labour might have done better with someone else as leader but they're still getting hosed because the tories are really popular since brexit killed UKIP and brexit is really popular.

That and labour MP's are on the whole a load of poo poo and trying to name one who would be a good replacement goes nowhere

yeah idk the inner workings of the uk i just think corbyn is hysterical and owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

Ya it reeks of that one neat trick to beat your political enemies aka realm of political delusion, which rudatron sorta touched on. Just have fun while on the political tailspin imo, aka keep electing corbyn so centrist tear their hair out. It is hella entertaining.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

blair left the party in a disastrous mess that will take a long time to get out of. Its why corbyn managed to become leader in the first place

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

some of his policies are straight up bonkers levels of dumb and hes more boring than clinton (and the media hates him more than bernie)

Ya i remember the one about him wanting to build boomer subs except no fuckin missiles in em lmao, thats some good poo poo. It's really good & entertaining

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Theresa May looks like a member of the rogues gallery in a Jim Henson production, and not even Adonis could stop her lmao

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

anime was right posted:

corbyn is a wet paper towel with a couple really dumb ideas but is otherwise good

too bad leadership requires being at least a regular paper towel

ideally you'd be extra-absorbent; to soak up all the messes

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
it makes me sad that america has no weird tankie politicians

there it seems like the dems are the sensible party and the gop are the wacko one while here it's the opposite and you have labour people saying that mao was good or that the financial crisis was also good because of accelerationism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Austerity is just the sensible thing to do. Better to vote Tory than for anybody who might be right about Mao.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Austerity is just the sensible thing to do. Better to vote Tory than for anybody who might be right about Mao.

yeah obviously (like the dems) they aren't really sensible

i dunno about mao though he seemed pretty dumb

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

comrade corbyn will drive the sparrows from england

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

and i must meme posted:

i dunno about mao though he seemed pretty dumb

A unified China turned out pretty good in the long run.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

for who?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

for who?

For Hu.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
#MaoTheFourthBeWithYou

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Taiwan #1

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taiwan is part of China, friend.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jose posted:

blair left the party in a disastrous mess that will take a long time to get out of. Its why corbyn managed to become leader in the first place

after gordon brown and ed milliband the membership looked at each other and thought, hey you know what would be nice, let's have a leader this time that isn't just a bunch of soundbites arranged in a suit and occasionally advocates actual policies, I'm sure that under blair's smooth guiding hand with a view to the future and with the labour party's true dedication to the left wing there will be many such candidates we can choose from right

and lo, there was naught but beardy jam man

hope is a mistake

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jose posted:

Less than 30% turnout in lots of these elections is shocking

I'm not sure. Isn't that relatively standard for local elections not held with another bigger vote?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I think the problem is that Corbyn is too good for England, and the British.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Why don't you let the centrists leave to join the lib Dems and form a coalition government?
Please don't laugh 😟

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope scotland leaves and seizes the nuclear sub bases and uses them to drive the english oppressors into the sea

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Im reading the ukmt thread it its like a dem primary inversion lmao, somebody literally posted about holding your nose and voting for Corbyn. It owns so much.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

Im reading the ukmt thread it its like a dem primary inversion lmao, somebody literally posted about holding your nose and voting for Corbyn. It owns so much.

its the most easily trolled thread on the forums and thats saying something

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

corbyn seems like a lovely leader but so would any blairite trash that will be stepping in after labour gets thrashed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this election is maybe not actually at a bad time for labour because the tories were certainly winning an election in 2020 because brexit wouldn't really have hosed everyone quite so badly but it will before the next general election now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

but then i've thought labour were losing the next general election anyway the moment brexit happened

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she sucks. I voted for stella creasy for deputy first time and i'd vote for her for leader. Jo Cox would have been a great candidate then some mentally ill racist murdered her

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

https://vine.co/v/ejAJTxt7Ktj/embed/simple?abvariable=control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm confused as to why they use the word "murdered" for jo cox instead of the spot-on word "assassinated"