Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This is the day Waluigi has made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I just want a remake of the excellent Wario Virtual Boy game.
Put Waluigi in it for co op.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Takoluka posted:

In what universe is the Pro d-pad terrible? It feels like every other good d-pad Nintendo has ever made. I've never had input issues, especially in PPT where it really matters.

All I can guess is some folks have enormous thumbs and bad really bad aim

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

whaley posted:

All I can guess is some folks have enormous thumbs and bad really bad aim

nice self-doxx, donald

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fly with me posted:

I just want a remake of the excellent Wario Virtual Boy game.
Put Waluigi in it for co op.

Speaking of which... why Nintendo has not packaged all those Virtual Boy games up in some compilation package is beyond me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Speaking of which... why Nintendo has not packaged all those Virtual Boy games up in some compilation package is beyond me

Because they're red-tinted and it's a pain in the arse to look at.
If they shifted everything to greyscale it'd be pretty nice I suppose.

Plus licensing would be a bit of a headache

I don't think there'd be much interest in it either, other than archival purposes, as they're not really stellar games. (Hence a small part of the reason why it flopped)

:filez: dat poo poo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Woke up super early, couldn't fall back asleep.

Laid in bed and played Mario Kart on Switch.

Life is good.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm getting "Error Code: 2110-3127" now and can't connect to the internet anymore :( whyyyyy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kurtofan posted:

I'm getting "Error Code: 2110-3127" now and can't connect to the internet anymore :( whyyyyy

Try long pressing the power button and restart the system.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How many hearts do I need to get the master sword?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Try long pressing the power button and restart the system.

lol i didnt even know there was a power button

edit: it works :toot:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Just one, it will live forever in my heart. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Because they're red-tinted and it's a pain in the arse to look at.
If they shifted everything to greyscale it'd be pretty nice I suppose.

Plus licensing would be a bit of a headache

I don't think there'd be much interest in it either, other than archival purposes, as they're not really stellar games. (Hence a small part of the reason why it flopped)

:filez: dat poo poo

Plus the only one that might garner any kind of interest is Jack Bros, just for being a rare Atlus SMT game. And that's a pretty drat big maybe.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Want to add in that my D-Pad on my pro totally will input Up the same way my stupid Xbox 360 controller would randomly put in Down while pressing right. Frequently enough to notice. Blaster Master makes it easy to spot as you randomly will be going right and then hear CLUNK and see the gun go up at an angle. Someone else nailed it the middle of the pad isn't on enough of a point to keep this from happening. I'll be eventually nagging them to fix it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

LethalGeek posted:

Want to add in that my D-Pad on my pro totally will input Up the same way my stupid Xbox 360 controller would randomly put in Down while pressing right. Frequently enough to notice. Blaster Master makes it easy to spot as you randomly will be going right and then hear CLUNK and see the gun go up at an angle. Someone else nailed it the middle of the pad isn't on enough of a point to keep this from happening. I'll be eventually nagging them to fix it.

Good luck with that. You will have to buy a new one.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

LethalGeek posted:

I just saw a reddit thread a few days ago where someone complained to Nintendo about the d-pad issue and he sent it in, they sent him back a new one that didn't have the problem. Is it just a super common manufacturing defect or was that guy experiencing a placebo effect or something?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Plus the only one that might garner any kind of interest is Jack Bros, just for being a rare Atlus SMT game. And that's a pretty drat big maybe.

As an owner of Jack Bros. I have to admit that it's wildly overvalued and not very good. Screenshots make it look like some kind of ARPG but it's more like a boss rush.

It is however one of a small handful of games SET on Halloween which has some kind of value.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Anyone notice that tumbleseed has some screen space cut off in dock mode and there isn't a way to expand out like in shovel knight? What to do?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Dear Nintendo why does your Eshop suck. Why can't I look at titles available. You literally can only view new things or best selling, other poo poo fades into obscurity and are unable to be shopped for unless you search for them specifically. How is this a good design?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Squibbles posted:

I just saw a reddit thread a few days ago where someone complained to Nintendo about the d-pad issue and he sent it in, they sent him back a new one that didn't have the problem. Is it just a super common manufacturing defect or was that guy experiencing a placebo effect or something?

I can make it happen pretty easily but pushing lightly on the very top right of the Right button. Down never happens and Left never triggers Up unexpectedly. And I can feel the middle of the pad has less under it than previous versions. I agree with whomever said it feels like you almost could put in Left & Right at the same time on this one when their normal ones that feels impossible.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

Dear Nintendo why does your Eshop suck. Why can't I look at titles available. You literally can only view new things or best selling, other poo poo fades into obscurity and are unable to be shopped for unless you search for them specifically. How is this a good design?

You can do an empty search and see everything.

Still reallllly sucks though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Modus Pwnens posted:

You can do an empty search and see everything.

Still reallllly sucks though.

Yeah that only works when there's less than fifty games. After a while there's gonna be so much poo poo to sift through. We need a better system for sure.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Yeah I don't know why there's not a browse by category feature. Crap like this basically ensures no one will ever buy gems like Blaster Master a year from now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The eShop doesn't even have music!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dr Cheeto posted:

The eShop doesn't even have music!

The worst offense

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need some Switch ringtones and text tones

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I need some Switch ringtones and text tones

"Yahaha!" is the only text tone I'll ever need.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tingle soundpack

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

Tingle soundpack

Beedle soundpack and it's a deal

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Bum the Sad posted:

Yea this is really dumb, it's the Wii shop all over again. I had to manually search for Master Blaster, that should never be a thing.

It's really weird compared to the Wii U eshop. Despite all the complaints, pretty sure the Wii U was the first console to do everything digitally and they also paved the way for midnight releases for the midwest and east coast instead of bullshit 3am "midnight" releases.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah that's my main complaint with the Switch is the eShop. It feels like a place holder more then anything

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Warning to anyone here that was considering buying NBA Playgrounds. No online at launch. No date for when it will be added to the Switch version. The president of the company said he thought it would be half assed to launch the game without online. He was unaware the Switch version was going to do that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Somebody please come to my house and beat 200cc Special Cup for me. I have chips

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Spacebump posted:

Warning to anyone here that was considering buying NBA Playgrounds. No online at launch. No date for when it will be added to the Switch version. The president of the company said he thought it would be half assed to launch the game without online. He was unaware the Switch version was going to do that.

If by no date you mean "in a few days" then yeah, sure.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Artix posted:

If by no date you mean "in a few days" then yeah, sure.

That's not a date and I'm not about to give a studio that worked on Halo Master Chief Collection the benefit of the doubt. That game has been out for years and still isn't fixed.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Somebody please come to my house and beat 200cc Special Cup for me. I have chips

Pick a kart set up that completely bottoms out speed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spacebump posted:

That's not a date and I'm not about to give a studio that worked on Halo Master Chief Collection the benefit of the doubt. That game has been out for years and still isn't fixed.

Yeah I'd wait till it's patched in and play tested first before giving them any money.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pick a kart set up that completely bottoms out speed.

gently caress no, Rainbow Road at top speed are you making GBS threads me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Calaveron posted:

gently caress no, Rainbow Road at top speed are you making GBS threads me?

Bottoms out meaning has as little as possible.

• Locked thread