Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Oh hey, Mauradin' Muradin. Sure Blizzard, I'll take a $15 skin for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

"Mastery taunt" care of Reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/SXm3sOv.mp4

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Are the "gain stats whenever you pick up a health globe" passives traps? Jaina's sure seems like it.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Some are good like Valeera's (even if I think Subtlety is better than Vigor)

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I just had a game with a gay bear lumberjack skin Uther riding a pig mount and it's the greatest thing in the game.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It was exactly like this

and now I don't even want to play this game anymore because that mount is no longer for sale and therefore the ultimate goal of the game is out of reach for me.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

tcjimbo posted:

try and guess who were the pubbies on our team!

Drythe, definitely Drythe.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

BrianBoitano posted:

"Mastery taunt" care of Reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/SXm3sOv.mp4

I kinda wanna see the Venn diagram of UFC fans and people who play enough Heroes of the Storm to get this.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

The Shortest Path posted:

Are the "gain stats whenever you pick up a health globe" passives traps? Jaina's sure seems like it.

not always. Li Ming's is pretty solid if you're in lane enough

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mind over Matter posted:

Is the shuriken build really that good? It feels very low-impact to me when I play that build, but I'd be interested in hearing what you feel is so strong about it.

the shuriken build is much better in my experience. you can poke from range and still use your E as an escape tool rather than making your escape tool your main source of damage.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

There's more above that I didn't bother screenshotting. My god man WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS. It's a goofy rear end random heroes brawl where you get a lootbox no matter if you win or lose. There's no consequence to losing. It's the most casual random bullshit thing to play.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've had basically the same experience the past few days in every mode, I'm losing way more games because someone on my team is determined to dash towards full tilt for basically any reason.

I even got told to uninstall by a Nova using kill count to prove they were the best on the team, it was almost nostalgic.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
there's a discord

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 6, 2017

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

The Shortest Path posted:

They are definitely not traps, but it really depends on the individual talent and sometimes the game. I used to loving love Regen Master on any hero that could take it but they pretty much removed it for most people now. On some maps it's a lot worse than others because there's less health globes going around (like Braxis Holdout, IMO)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Braxis Holdout has plenty of globes, you just need to be conscientious about farming the globe generator, the low-cooldown siege camp, and grabbing globes from the Zerg waves.

It's maps like Cursed Hollow that are really globe-starved.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Macaluso posted:

There's more above that I didn't bother screenshotting. My god man WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS. It's a goofy rear end random heroes brawl where you get a lootbox no matter if you win or lose. There's no consequence to losing. It's the most casual random bullshit thing to play.

These fun brawls are more fun when you're actually coordinating with your team instead of walking into 1v5s and instantly dying.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poultron posted:

They are definitely not traps, but it really depends on the individual talent and sometimes the game. I used to loving love Regen Master on any hero that could take it but they pretty much removed it for most people now. On some maps it's a lot worse than others because there's less health globes going around (like Braxis Holdout, IMO)

Braxis is one of the easiest and fastest maps to complete globe quests on because you can just run between lanes for two free globes every 45s on top of what you get from camps and creep waves.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SKULL.GIF posted:

These fun brawls are more fun when you're actually coordinating with your team instead of walking into 1v5s and instantly dying.

You're not wrong but there's a middle ground between your image and clockwork military precision.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mind over Matter posted:

You're not wrong but there's a middle ground between your image and clockwork military precision.

Yeah, but you have to admit in addition to the solo-queue dude who rages about everything, there's a huge chunk of people who say "relax it's <anything but the blizzard invitational championships>" any time you suggest actually trying to win rather than just 5 people loving off and doing whatever.

Like I totally get brawl is the last place to rage about people playing suboptimally, but not everyone views HoTs or Overwatch as an idleclicker where all that matters is you get your box of sprays after the game runs long enough.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Poultron posted:

(like Braxis Holdout, IMO)

:popeye:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Spudd posted:

I kinda wanna see the Venn diagram of UFC fans and people who play enough Heroes of the Storm to get this.

I don't think you really need to follow much punchsports or videogames to get the "dude got cocky and tried to taunt his opponent and got knocked down for it, also that can happen in videogames too!"

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Heroes of the storm 2.0: now with more toxicity

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, but you have to admit in addition to the solo-queue dude who rages about everything, there's a huge chunk of people who say "relax it's <anything but the blizzard invitational championships>" any time you suggest actually trying to win rather than just 5 people loving off and doing whatever.

Like I totally get brawl is the last place to rage about people playing suboptimally, but not everyone views HoTs or Overwatch as an idleclicker where all that matters is you get your box of sprays after the game runs long enough.

Oh, absolutely. Will not argue that for one second. There are plenty of people at both ends of that spectrum that are infuriating.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Keegers posted:

Heroes of the storm 2.0: now with more toxicity

The number of players who are bad, feed a bunch, then proceed to cry and throw the rest of the game because the enemy team had an early advantage as a result of their feeding has massively increased with 2.0. :(

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Lemon-Lime posted:

The number of players who are bad, feed a bunch, then proceed to cry and throw the rest of the game because the enemy team had an early advantage as a result of their feeding has massively increased with 2.0. :(

Finally, Heroes of the Storm is a real MOBA

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"I wish this game had more players."

*The monkey's paw curls a withered finger inwards*

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Got a team today on Towers of Doom who wouldn't even come to the tower capturing, just kept dying randomly all around the map, Reghar said he "cba to play". Probably has a lot of time to waste to play QM like that, good for him :shrug:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Braxis Holdout has plenty of globes, you just need to be conscientious about farming the globe generator, the low-cooldown siege camp, and grabbing globes from the Zerg waves.

It's maps like Cursed Hollow that are really globe-starved.

Oh, I'm stupid and forgot about the globe generator, jesus

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Still suggesting everyone TL instead of QM for the next 3 weeks. There's absolutely no requirement to have heroes at level 5, though I'm sure your allies would appreciate you not experimenting too much.

It's flexible pick order, so if you really like a hero you can always ask your team if it's okay to build around you and 4/5 times they'll be chill.

/Join Teamleague and /join Team League and type "LFG chill dudes" or something. Doesn't take long to find a 5 stack during normal hours.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Still suggesting everyone TL instead of QM for the next 3 weeks. There's absolutely no requirement to have heroes at level 5, though I'm sure your allies would appreciate you not experimenting too much.

It's flexible pick order, so if you really like a hero you can always ask your team if it's okay to build around you and 4/5 times they'll be chill.

/Join Teamleague and /join Team League and type "LFG chill dudes" or something. Doesn't take long to find a 5 stack during normal hours.

yeah but what if they're bad at video games,

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

What's the best announcer pack?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I haven't tried many of them, but Gazlowe is fun.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mind over Matter posted:

I haven't tried many of them, but Gazlowe is fun.

I just got Gazlowe's announcer pack out of a chest last night. Excited to try it after work tonight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

What's the best announcer pack?

ETC or Brightwing

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Team League with Goons is so much funner than Solo Queue. It weird though, we face silvers, then Diamond/Masters, then Bronze, then golds. It's kind of all over the place.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah you're lucky to have 1 in 4 games be an even match.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
Man, I miss Thrall being in the meta. He was by far my favorite last time I played, about a year ago. I was thinking Ragnaros might be a good substitute, but I hate his lack of escape tools. Also, I'm on a new account and so far my QM MMR is 1500 but my unranked draft MMR is 2900. I think I'm really bad at the heroes I'm not good at.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Thrall is still a fine pick. You're rarely ever going to actively not want him on your team. Especially on a two lane map.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
Yeah, I just worry that people will tilt because hotslog stats lol. I haven't really given him a chance since I've been back because of that. I'll play a few games with him and see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I hope that the brawl-mode cockups aren't solely being done by Overwatch crossplayers, cause this weeks brawl basically replicates the Overwatch payload style of game and trickling in to fights one by one is like, the big Overwatch tactics no no.