Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I just saw the John Oliver thing on Ivanka and Kushner which I had never seen and had many lols.

Watch it if you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8AwgO0AQI

lol that Kushner's one qualification is that he went to Harvard but his Dad had to pay 2.5 million to get him in because his grades and SATs weren't good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Also lol that evangelical Christians voted for a guy whose right hand man literally owns the 666 building.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

qualifications and experience: ate lunch same place as harry potter

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Constipated posted:

Let's all watch the world burn together goon friends :tif:

Back when the GE was going I realized, Hillary Vs. Trump was whether you preferred a slow gradual death for the American Empire or rapid hilarious demise for the american empire.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

The Archaic posted:

You have to make a lot of really stupid mistakes in a very specific order in order to hurt yourself or someone else with a firearm and it's astounding that people can't figure it out.

Americans just can't seem to handle the second amendment responsibly and it should be repealed. However if that happened hello Civil War 2!

Yeah, the craziest pro-gun argument is this idea that guns are perfectly safe in the hands of responsible people

Like, sure... but have you ever met people? They're dumb as all goddamn gently caress

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The Archaic posted:

You have to make a lot of really stupid mistakes in a very specific order in order to elect Donald Trump as the POTUS

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

The Archaic posted:

You have to make a lot of really stupid mistakes in a very specific order in order to hurt yourself or someone else with a firearm and it's astounding that people can't figure it out.

Americans just can't seem to handle the second amendment responsibly and it should be repealed. However if that happened hello Civil War 2!

well you're supposed to point it at yourself and look down the barrel to make sure it's clean, while having your finger on the trigger to rub that clean also, right?

seems really easy to accidentally hurt yourself tbh

I've never owned a gun and have only ever even held one maybe like 3 times in my life, but I have thought from time to time how sort of ridiculously easy it makes it to kill people. Like, I know this kinda goes without saying for a lot of people, but I had never really thought about it. I thought about it in terms of like you know how when you don't want to jump into a cold pool or get out of bed in the morning and you just sort of make yourself do it without thinking about it and you just kinda turn your brain off for a couple seconds so you can go through with it? I feel like killing someone with a gun (especially yourself) just takes such a short time to do that it sort of scared me to think how little time you'd have to turn off your UHH DONT DO THAT part of your brain to do it

Again this is probably really obvious to a lot of people, I just don't really have any experience around guns or any real reason to think about it before

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 6, 2017

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

NotWearingPants posted:

Also lol that evangelical Christians voted for a guy whose right hand man literally owns the 666 building.

Lmao I thought to myself a long time ago it was really ironic that all these Christian types were supporting the guy most likely to be the antichrist out of any presidential candidate, ever.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Tiberius Christ posted:

Exactly, Clinton said she send some money to an area. Trump said he'd help YOU personally. We feel politics, that's why you can't fact check someone to death. gently caress those mountains, my life is on the chopping block and I need help, I have bills to pay and I'm getting older with no retirement coming and I can't afford my car payment, please will someone help me? That's the narrative and it's powerful.

Hillbilly Elegy was a pretty good book imo

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Constipated posted:

Lmao I thought to myself a long time ago it was really ironic that all these Christian types were supporting the guy most likely to be the antichrist out of any presidential candidate, ever.

if christ himself actually returned the first thing they'd do is shoot him (because he is brown lol)

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hillbilly Elegy was a pretty good book imo

nah, gently caress this guy - his book is perpetuating the incorrect idea that oxy-addled meth farmers and toothless walmart greeters are the reason that trump won (it isn't - the percentage of those who voted trump skews WAY more towards the middle class) also this motherfucker is now in the pocket of peter thiel, literal technocrat vampire

now there's a motherfucker who'd truly be trump's successor

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Some people in this thread seem confused on why people would vote for Trump. Here is a handy little guide on how to get poor republications to vote for you:

-Claim to be Christian and mention god as much as you can. Note do not actually follow Christian believes.
-Be pro gun right for white people. Do not let little things like school shooting or increased muder rates slow you down.
-Blame minorities for everything they fear. Really get hateful on this.
-Be tough on immigration.
-Be white and rich.
-Claim to be anti-elite and pro-worker class.

Trump does those things, therefore middle America loves him. Pretty simple stuff guys.

I doubt Trump planned it but saying he was going to build a wall is the most brilliant political move made in the entire presidental race. First he claimed all the economic problems were based on those Mexicans and proved a "solution". The wall of course is way too expensive, too ineffective, and needs to go through so many lawsuits over land that it would never pass. Then trump gets to blame all the "elites" preventing him from helping the American people. He gets to paint himself as the underdog and Democrats, Liberals, and Mexicans as the "Bad!" people. Trump stumbled across a gold ticket into the presidency.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Yeah, the craziest pro-gun argument is this idea that guns are perfectly safe in the hands of responsible people

Like, sure... but have you ever met people? They're dumb as all goddamn gently caress

I'm Canadian and own about a dozen firearms. They have yet to hurt anybody because it's treated like an absolute delicate privilege up here and we have to take a weekend safety course where it's drilled into your head not to be a gently caress up. You develop an almost obsessive habit of pointing a gun in a safe direction and clearing it before loving with it. Doubly so if you want to own handguns and join a range. You need special training to operate heavy machinery and dangerous equipment, why not firearms? Of course since electing a majority Liberal government nearly two years ago, every gun owner up here is all "oh great there go all my guns!" (despite having no gun legislation introduced whatsoever since). and I'm thinking "all you idiots have to do is not shoot up a school. Can you handle that responsibility?".

Can I get a double quarter pounder combo with no pickles?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

etalian posted:

Back when the GE was going I realized, Hillary Vs. Trump was whether you preferred a slow gradual death for the American Empire or rapid hilarious demise for the american empire.

Whoever posted ”wacky rollercoaster ride to Armageddon" really nailed it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Archaic posted:

I'm Canadian and own about a dozen firearms. They have yet to hurt anybody because it's treated like an absolute delicate privilege up here and we have to take a weekend safety course where it's drilled into your head not to be a gently caress up. Doubly so if you want to own handguns and join a range. You need special training to operate heavy machinery and dangerous equipment, why not firearms? Of course since electing a majority Liberal government nearly two years ago, every gun owner up here is all "oh great there go all my guns!" (despite having no gun legislation introduced whatsoever since). and I'm thinking "all you idiots have to do is not shoot up a school. Can you handle that responsibility?".
Hmmm this gun looks cool, maybe I should point it at myself while my finger is on the trigger. The safety is probably on and it is probably not loaded.

quote:

Can I get a double quarter pounder combo with no pickles?
Sure!
*The undertrained overworked minimum wage employee put pickes on anyways*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

I really enjoyed that the city I live near passed gun safety and storage laws, which required guns safes and locks, to prevent child self shootings. And, of course, the NRA lobbied against this because heaven forbid toddlers not having access to firearms. They ended up killing the ordinance at the state level, iirc.

sandy hook was the end of the gun control debate. if those ghouls wouldn't let poo poo get saner after that it never will. i have no lol for this.

Constipated posted:

A 25 year old guy I went to school with for my whole life accidentally shot himself in the head and died a few weeks back when he was loving around with a pistol. I don't really know the circumstances of that night but people leave all types of poo poo laying around out here and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

in america toddlers shoot more people every year than are shot in japan by anyone. i do have a lol after all.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
if anyone itt is having trouble loling ill be glad to share mine

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I AM THE TOILET posted:

nah, gently caress this guy - his book is perpetuating the incorrect idea that oxy-addled meth farmers and toothless walmart greeters are the reason that trump won (it isn't - the percentage of those who voted trump skews WAY more towards the middle class) also this motherfucker is now in the pocket of peter thiel, literal technocrat vampire

now there's a motherfucker who'd truly be trump's successor

I should have been clearer. I didn't read the book for its politics. I did very much enjoy the guys tales of his own upbringing and that of his parents. I suppose all that really means is that I enjoyed the book for its tales of poor white trash and their ways.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
How were Democrats too dumb to just lie to the coal retards, too? "Hmm, seems Trump is making in-roads by promising them bullshit. They hate us and love him. It's time to be honest and tell them the truth." And then nobody noticed that because the truth is that those people are going to die, soon, and it's going to be a huge relief to everyone else, that might not be what they want to hear so boo hooo the biggest dummy is president. They already thought the Clintons and liberals were lying to them. Did the DNC just not believe that people that dumb could possibly change their minds? Wait until they find someone who promises them even bigger. And then I suppose it'll be "who could've possibly imagined Trump being beaten at his own game! I sure didn't think of it! Welp, here's to 1000 years of failure"

What on earth did they think? Americans are going to read things and work things out in their brain? "Yes, I am in a terrible socioeconomic position. I will not take the easy way out, but carefully weigh my options based on whatever I've heard from glancing at TVs." Frankly trump could've lost if Hillary had just said "we're giving YOU - yes, YOU, PERSONALLY - $30bn dollars." Post election: Whoops I meant the whole area. I guess you really are the dipshits we've always said you are, ha ha. then just string them over for four years. They are going to blame liberals for their ills no matter what happens. Wait and see. I guess it wouldn't have worked because some of us libs would've felt bad for their old-rear end relatives who were forced to not get exactly what they wanted, and after they tried so hard to teach their kids about entitlement, too. I'm never gonna get to vote for the politician who even sort of represents my views ever again thanks to this, so all I want now is to get these goddamn traitors out of my country and off of the planet with extreme prejudice, but I'm 50 years too late (correction: early) for any public figure to have those sorts of balls.

edit: You know after reading Quidam's post a while back it really is probably better Trump won. 8 years of Obama was making people forget why Republicans didn't have what it takes to govern.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 6, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they didn't need to lie they just needed to make bernie the nominee. it's why superdelegates were even put in place to begin with, in case people voted for a shittier general election candidate in the primaries.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Groovelord Neato posted:

they didn't need to lie they just needed to make bernie the nominee. it's why superdelegates were even put in place to begin with, in case people voted for a shittier general election candidate in the primaries.

Whoops! To bad the DNC got it backwards this time

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

But it was Hilary's turn. loving LOL at how dumb the democrats were this election. They were out smarted by Donald Trump. They had a massively popular candidate who was bring in the youth vote. And they chose against him. They told the middle America they were going to get them fired and were surprised when they voted against them.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 6, 2017

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Cobweb Heart posted:

How were Democrats too dumb to just lie to the coal retards, too? "Hmm, seems Trump is making in-roads by promising them bullshit. They hate us and love him. It's time to be honest and tell them the truth." And then nobody noticed that because the truth is that those people are going to die, soon, and it's going to be a huge relief to everyone else, that might not be what they want to hear so boo hooo the biggest dummy is president. They already thought the Clintons and liberals were lying to them. Did the DNC just not believe that people that dumb could possibly change their minds? Wait until they find someone who promises them even bigger. And then I suppose it'll be "who could've possibly imagined Trump being beaten at his own game! I sure didn't think of it! Welp, here's to 1000 years of failure"

What on earth did they think? Americans are going to read things and work things out in their brain? "Yes, I am in a terrible socioeconomic position. I will not take the easy way out, but carefully weigh my options based on whatever I've heard from glancing at TVs." Frankly trump could've lost if Hillary had just said "we're giving YOU - yes, YOU, PERSONALLY - $30bn dollars." Post election: Whoops I meant the whole area. I guess you really are the dipshits we've always said you are, ha ha. then just string them over for four years. They are going to blame liberals for their ills no matter what happens. Wait and see. I guess it wouldn't have worked because some of us libs would've felt bad for their old-rear end relatives who were forced to not get exactly what they wanted, and after they tried so hard to teach their kids about entitlement, too. I'm never gonna get to vote for the politician who even sort of represents my views ever again thanks to this, so all I want now is to get these goddamn traitors out of my country and off of the planet with extreme prejudice, but I'm 50 years too late (correction: early) for any public figure to have those sorts of balls.

it's like an alternate dimension romney 47 percent speech

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope trump the election loser will be equally as hosed up as this. he was talking fraud all the way up until he won this election. there were bus loads of illegal voters!! but then he won and that wasnt important after all. i wonder how hard he will freak if he doesnt get a 2nd term

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I personally know a couple guys who supported Bernie, but then voted for Trump after Bernie didn't get the nomination :(

One of them was also telling people they should look up Alex Jones talk about something, like "oh yeah he is talking about these things that no one else is and its real blah blah blah" and I couldn't help but interrupt and say that guy is literally insane and no one should take him seriously ever.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

my new dog posted:

there were bus loads of illegal voters!! but then he won and that wasnt important after all.

No, he still claims that in reality he won the popular vote but that's not the record because millions of illegal votes were counted against him!

He believes this unironically.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Constipated posted:

I personally know a couple guys who supported Bernie, but then voted for Trump after Bernie didn't get the nomination :(

bernie crushed in west virginia and half of those people said they were gonna vote for trump if clinton ended up being the nom.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Tiberius Christ posted:

Sorry but people vote for their interests, the working poor are tired of incrementalism and they voted for the guy that would upset the system. That's why they ignored the racism, sexism and stupid bullshit he said. Have you listened to his speeches? Listen past the dumb bullshit and he talks about our corruption, how our politicians are bribed and how it harms working Americans. He talked to the coal miners and said he help them while Clinton stood in front of them and said she was going to take away their jobs.

Trump tapped into real working poor frustration because no one has done that in 30 years.

Sorry I can't get past the dumb bullshit part. You know, because its really insanely loving stupid.

E: Stupid just like every single Trump voter lol.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 6, 2017

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

my new dog posted:

i wonder how hard he will freak if he doesnt get a 2nd term

he recently said he missed his old life and didn't think being president would be this hard lol

i don't even think he has the strength to last a second term before he resigns stating medical reasons

Feminasty Slut posted:

Sorry I can't get past the dumb bullshit part. You know, because its really insanely loving stupid.

this helps get past his sweet cheeto voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

Tiberius Christ fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 6, 2017

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

I AM THE TOILET posted:

it's like an alternate dimension romney 47 percent speech

Lol right! remember when anybody was sooooooo upset Romney would say that? I don't recall seeing a lot of complaints except from liberals, actually, but it seemed to have an effect. The R voters already know their Republican overlords think like that. But the key was he did it in secret. Hey, that must have been mean!! Otherwise he would say it to our faces!!!! They like seeing people be forthright about wanting to gently caress and kill them. That's strength, which they respect and envy. Talk to any of them about this; they believe liberals are extremely condescending (I can't say we're not) but too cowardly to do it to their faces. They jack off to the thought of liberals losing their milquetoast shells and bringing their rhetoric out of their hidden coffee shacks and gay abortion huts: You people are scum, and because we're smarter and stronger, we're going to kill you. Votes would go up I swear. Votes might go down among sane-thinking people but that's no problem because this election takes place in America. It's a huge masochistic sex fantasy spread across the country that the Democrats completely botched on the most basic level, and it would've been the last dragon to defeat before a new age of progressive darkness, but instead we get Trump which, god...

edit: again, as I reflect on what this thread has shown me, Trump really is the best candidate the Democrats could've put forth. Winning so hard you win for the other team

edit: Tiberius Christ is saying "they look past the bullshit" but the crux is that they don't, because there's nothing behind it. The bullshit is what they want to believe and so they do. They strip out the bullshit that they're too dumb to defend in a debate and then run away if asked to defend what they have left.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 6, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Constipated posted:

One of them was also telling people they should look up Alex Jones talk about something, like "oh yeah he is talking about these things that no one else is and its real blah blah blah" and I couldn't help but interrupt and say that guy is literally insane and no one should take him seriously ever.

What's it like knowing the dumbest people on the planet.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

happyhippy posted:

My every waking second is fueled by anger, and hatred. But you know, the good kind of hatred I guess?

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
The line at this loving drive thru is getting really long, but god dammit I forgot to order my apple pies.

Here's what we all will eventually be forced to admit: This whole American/Western political and economic system is beyond hosed, and it's not coming back into some kind of miraculous revival. There's literally no hope for you now, if you want to play like the Democrats did and run a serious campaign, based on facts or the loving GENERAL WELFARE OF THE NATION. It's over, ship sailed, done. Once a country elects a Donald Trump, once their Congress refuses to nominate Supreme Court justices, once the basic ability of the government to even pass bills, let alone budgets, there is no loving coming back.

The only thing we can be certain of is this: for all the bitching and moaning from us and the rest of the "left", and the frenzied screaming of Trump's base, we have it loving GREAT here in America, relatively speaking. It's been 1812 since a foreign force set foot on our soil. Since we bombed everyone else into the stone age in WWII, we have had a string of undeserved prosperity that was so intense that it hosed up the minds of the entire Baby Boomer generation into thinking the party would never end. WE HAVE IT GREAT. We have enough leisure time and enough built-up capital and weaponry that we can afford the joke of electing a Trump to the presidency. And all of us middle-aged, intelligent professionals (yes, i'm flattering you disgusting goons) have the leisure to sit here on our devices and just lol while this motherfucker, an elected US Representative can say:

quote:

A statement made by U.S. Rep. Raul Labrador during a town hall meeting Friday morning has drawn criticism by those challenging his stance on health care.

After a woman suggested that the lack of health care was essentially asking people to die, Labrador had a controversial answer at Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston.

“That line is so indefensible,” Labrador said. “Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care.”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article149013339.html#storylink=cpy

Suffice to say, if you are clear-minded and honest, you see America as the biggest giant in world history, and hot gently caress do we have a LOOOONG way to fall.

It's like a loving minefield of necessary state-collapse functions out there:

- Trump is wrecking our diplomacy, and our currency stands to suffer greatly.
- We're riding a stagnant bubble in GDP, wages AND HOUSING, which is due to burst soon, but this time with Trump in charge, not Obama
- Between anti-vaxxers, the overuse of antibiotics in places like Russia and India, and the fucken permafrost melting and releasing not just delicious methane, but retro-cool versions of anthrax and other poo poo, we're about to see just how much health care we need
- Oh and yeah, about the methane, you should start being poo poo-scared when China and oil companies are more progressive about climate change than the loving US government
- Meanwhile, all sense of this being a nation that cares about itself is gone: we aren't here to provide for the general welfare, we're now starving ourselves to death rather than let our opponents eat. We are a poo poo nation, riddled with fatal ideological cancer

So, we LOL.

My accelerationist views are probably as naively optimistic as you can get. People say "How could you DARE talk about choosing a path that could cause lots of people to die!" gently caress, lots of people ARE GOING TO DIE. I ain't makin any of this poo poo up! I think the ugliest pessimists are the ones who look at all this bullshit and say, "We should have elected Bernie. Let's keep doing what we've been doing, and the bad people will die off, and we'll get to be on top, winning again". Fucken evil.

We are bleeding species real fuckin fast. Every day that passes brings more automation and reduces the value of human labor. None of your favorite poo poo is coming back, no midcentury America, no segregation, no WE'RE NUMBER ONE. We just crossed 410 ppm.

If you DON'T loving accelerate this poo poo, like if god forbid, Hillary won, or Bernie won, and had this poo poo-rear end GOP Congress behind them, you'd just be burning eight more of the last years we have as a human species to prevent outright loving extinction. THE loving GREAT BARRIER REEF IS GONE. THE BEES ARE ALMOST GONE AND THE FROGS ARE loving GAY.

I am literally counting, with my dumb rear end, on people like you to wake up from the LOL stupor and realize, "HOLY gently caress. I guess we are really going to have to stand up and get really upset and uncomfortable and scared and endangered, like all those people in the Third World that we export our misery to, and try to keep our lovely ship of state from destroying the world or else, yes for serious, in our lifetime, the crazy man on SA will actually be right, and the End Is Visible Within Our Lifetimes if we don't DO poo poo RIGHT NOW.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh. LOLs are easier.

Anyway, I'm just gettin to the window now. Yeah, Just two apple pies. YES, I was just through here, I just forgot my loving pies. Yeah, thanks, next window.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
alex jones, everybody

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Quidam Viator posted:

This whole American/Western political and economic system is beyond hosed

Speak for your own country, rest of us in the world are just waiting for the US to collapse inward for a few decades, and the mad land grab with start.

Im hoping my country Ireland grabs some of the west coast for itself, the ruins of Boston to the New York Crater will be fine.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Do you think Clinton was the smart choice? You can keep condescending down to everyone who doesn't vote straight ticket D and act bewildered why they don't want to vote for her. Most people didn't vote at all because Democrats act like they have all the answers but they've sold out the working class ever since Bill killed the New Deal and ended federal welfare and then Obama came by and acted polite for 8 years. Republicans only exist because they have a propaganda machine that appeals to a frankenstein collection of voting blocs.

Also, it's not that Republicans are better, its that neither side does anything for you. You have to inspire people to even give a poo poo, when it doesn't matter whether it's an R or a D next to someone's name and everything has been getting worse and worse and worse for 30 years people become disengaged. They get frustrated with the lack of progress in any form and they have to fight for what little they have with nothing but tepid support from their representatives. Victories are tiny and mostly symbolic.

Seriously, what am I supposed to say looking back over the past 30 years and say as a liberal and Democrat, I'm proud that we did this!

Gay Marriage is the only thing that comes to mind and that's thanks to ordinary folks fighting in courts. Clinton didn't even support gays until a computer told her it was right time, lol

Why would you support anyone that is paid off? All you can do is keep your head down and hope for the best.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i like when folks keep blaming the poors when 53 percent of college educated whites voted trump. if the dems didn't keep running neolibs everywhere they'd win most of the country.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 6, 2017

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Speak for your own country, rest of us in the world are just waiting for the US to collapse inward for a few decades, and the mad land grab with start.

Im hoping my country Ireland grabs some of the west coast for itself, the ruins of Boston to the New York Crater will be fine.

I can't tell if I would prefer Russia or China to own my state. Russia seems a bit more into Nihilism and drinking heavily so it might be a better fit. But China is more bit clean and humane about killing protestors and more into solar. So my friends and family will die more peacefully and it is better for the planet. It is a bit of a toss up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Quidam Viator posted:

The line at this loving drive thru is getting really long, but god dammit I forgot to order my apple pies.

Here's what we all will eventually be forced to admit: This whole American/Western political and economic system is beyond hosed, and it's not coming back into some kind of miraculous revival. There's literally no hope for you now, if you want to play like the Democrats did and run a serious campaign, based on facts or the loving GENERAL WELFARE OF THE NATION. It's over, ship sailed, done. Once a country elects a Donald Trump, once their Congress refuses to nominate Supreme Court justices, once the basic ability of the government to even pass bills, let alone budgets, there is no loving coming back.

The only thing we can be certain of is this: for all the bitching and moaning from us and the rest of the "left", and the frenzied screaming of Trump's base, we have it loving GREAT here in America, relatively speaking. It's been 1812 since a foreign force set foot on our soil. Since we bombed everyone else into the stone age in WWII, we have had a string of undeserved prosperity that was so intense that it hosed up the minds of the entire Baby Boomer generation into thinking the party would never end. WE HAVE IT GREAT. We have enough leisure time and enough built-up capital and weaponry that we can afford the joke of electing a Trump to the presidency. And all of us middle-aged, intelligent professionals (yes, i'm flattering you disgusting goons) have the leisure to sit here on our devices and just lol while this motherfucker, an elected US Representative can say:

Suffice to say, if you are clear-minded and honest, you see America as the biggest giant in world history, and hot gently caress do we have a LOOOONG way to fall.

It's like a loving minefield of necessary state-collapse functions out there:

- Trump is wrecking our diplomacy, and our currency stands to suffer greatly.
- We're riding a stagnant bubble in GDP, wages AND HOUSING, which is due to burst soon, but this time with Trump in charge, not Obama
- Between anti-vaxxers, the overuse of antibiotics in places like Russia and India, and the fucken permafrost melting and releasing not just delicious methane, but retro-cool versions of anthrax and other poo poo, we're about to see just how much health care we need
- Oh and yeah, about the methane, you should start being poo poo-scared when China and oil companies are more progressive about climate change than the loving US government
- Meanwhile, all sense of this being a nation that cares about itself is gone: we aren't here to provide for the general welfare, we're now starving ourselves to death rather than let our opponents eat. We are a poo poo nation, riddled with fatal ideological cancer

So, we LOL.

My accelerationist views are probably as naively optimistic as you can get. People say "How could you DARE talk about choosing a path that could cause lots of people to die!" gently caress, lots of people ARE GOING TO DIE. I ain't makin any of this poo poo up! I think the ugliest pessimists are the ones who look at all this bullshit and say, "We should have elected Bernie. Let's keep doing what we've been doing, and the bad people will die off, and we'll get to be on top, winning again". Fucken evil.

We are bleeding species real fuckin fast. Every day that passes brings more automation and reduces the value of human labor. None of your favorite poo poo is coming back, no midcentury America, no segregation, no WE'RE NUMBER ONE. We just crossed 410 ppm.

If you DON'T loving accelerate this poo poo, like if god forbid, Hillary won, or Bernie won, and had this poo poo-rear end GOP Congress behind them, you'd just be burning eight more of the last years we have as a human species to prevent outright loving extinction. THE loving GREAT BARRIER REEF IS GONE. THE BEES ARE ALMOST GONE AND THE FROGS ARE loving GAY.

I am literally counting, with my dumb rear end, on people like you to wake up from the LOL stupor and realize, "HOLY gently caress. I guess we are really going to have to stand up and get really upset and uncomfortable and scared and endangered, like all those people in the Third World that we export our misery to, and try to keep our lovely ship of state from destroying the world or else, yes for serious, in our lifetime, the crazy man on SA will actually be right, and the End Is Visible Within Our Lifetimes if we don't DO poo poo RIGHT NOW.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh. LOLs are easier.

Anyway, I'm just gettin to the window now. Yeah, Just two apple pies. YES, I was just through here, I just forgot my loving pies. Yeah, thanks, next window.

I'm trying to lol itt and posts like this is making it hard.