Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just eat a healthy breakfast before you leave home you grease chasers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Those exist. They're made out of eggs though.

Goons made me aware of its existence, and created this:
https://i.imgur.com/HcxmZTS.mp4

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 17:38 on May 6, 2017

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

As a guy who had to make all the eggs at McDonald's - we had to crack open real eggs. We had these little circle molds we dumped the egg into. Trying to crack like 12 eggs in a row in quick succession without making a mess was not fun.

I think the egg sleeve thing was something they stopped doing a decade or so ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When I worked at Bojangles, we used those cartons of pre-scrambled eggs ourselves.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Someone post the tube-egg gif please!!

Edit: drat, link two posts above. Nothing to see here, folks!

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I would legit buy egg tubes from the grocery store. gently caress you guys, I like the little egg discs from McD's.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I would legit buy egg tubes from the grocery store. gently caress you guys, I like the little egg discs from McD's.

You can buy a plastic egg ring mold for like $2 and make your own really easily if you want.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They're easy enough to make.

1) get metal ring
2) crack egg into metal ring
3) break yolk
4) cover metal ring with something that can slowly drip water over said egg
5) wait like three(?) minutes.

Scrambled eggs come from a carton

Folded eggs come premade and more or less just get heated up on a stove.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

You can buy a plastic egg ring mold for like $2 and make your own really easily if you want.

It takes like 2-3 minutes and yet people are still falling over themselves to burn cash for IoT devices that cost more then a month's worth of food and can only use specially made 400% mark-up pouches.

Trying to tell people that "no, actually it is really easy, healthy, cheaper, and tastier then fast food" is a losing proposition because 30+ years of ads and marketing saturation has convinced tens of millions of people that eating fresh produce and home cooked meals are this mystifying unknowable art that only those trained from birth can learn. Most young (20-35ish) people today are doing 1 of 3 things, eating with family/being cooked for, bulk meal prep, or constant fast/convenience food. It's insane that I've dealt with people in real life who will openly argue that its too expensive to buy fruit and vegetables to eat healthy compared to eating out every day.

It's hilarious that all these cooking convenience products like the egg ring molds and the fried egg mini skillet with the flip lid occupy a space that is basically "yeah I'm gonna buy this and eat fresh eggs every morning to get healthy" and then it sits in a cabinet collecting dust for years after a small handful of uses.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

pentyne posted:

Most young (20-35ish) people today are doing 1 of 3 things, eating with family/being cooked for, bulk meal prep, or constant fast/convenience food.

Hahaha, don't forget the other option, paying way too much for individually portioned meal kits like Blue Apron.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

WampaLord posted:

Len posted:

They're easy enough to make.

1) get metal ring
2) crack egg into metal ring
3) break yolk
4) cover metal ring with something that can slowly drip water over said egg
5) wait like three(?) minutes.

Scrambled eggs come from a carton

Folded eggs come premade and more or less just get heated up on a stove.

Oh, I know the discs are made easily enough, but what I meant was, I want egg tubes so I can eat them like I'm eating a subway sandwich :v:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh, I know the discs are made easily enough, but what I meant was, I want egg tubes so I can eat them like I'm eating a subway sandwich :v:

:goonsay:

I would probably do that too :hfive:

canis minor
May 4, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jul/15/kitchen-gadgets-review-egg-master-horrifying-unholy-affair

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFP5mmPZe_c&t=472s

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Every day we stray further from God’s light.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

WampaLord posted:

Hahaha, don't forget the other option, paying way too much for individually portioned meal kits like Blue Apron.

Actually, if you use the promo code SUCKER at checkout you get 5 bucks off the first week.

Squarespace!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

jojoinnit posted:

Well suck me sideways. I was kinda tittering at the idea of some poor kid cracking a million eggs in the back and I remember some fast food documentary I saw showing them unwrapping a perfectly formed snake of "egg whites" wrapped around a "yolk" that you cut into "perfect egg slices". Sorry for being dumb guys.

Ever since supersize me McDonald's and such have been moving away from crap like chicken paste

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
(I also posted this in the bad books thread)

KFC has released a Col. Sanders romance novel for Mother's Day. It's free on Amazon and is called Tender Wings of Desire.

Instead of, you know, improving their company and restaurants.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That owns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there's no reason to improve anything about KFC restaurants cuz the people who get food from there know what they're getting and are okay with it

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

bean_shadow posted:

KFC has released a Col. Sanders romance novel for Mother's Day. It's free on Amazon and is called Tender Wings of Desire.

still no hamburger helper mixtape

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

mandatory lesbian posted:

there's no reason to improve anything about KFC restaurants cuz the people who get food from there know what they're getting and are okay with it

I've been all over the country and have never been inside a KFC that seemed clean. At all.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who the hell eats inside fast food places? You bring it to your car and shame eat in darkness.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

KFC will never improve. Once people decided they were okay with eating out of buckets like animals the debate was over.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

KFC will never improve. Once people decided they were okay with eating out of buckets like animals the debate was over.

That's because of pail lunches. It's quint.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I've been all over the country and have never been inside a KFC that seemed clean. At all.

at this point i think its contractual that they have to be dirty

everyone i've known who likes kfc also never eats there, i have never seen anyone actually eat at the kfc

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I have eaten there a few times since I became allergic to red meat, but it turns out there is more than one way for food to make you sick.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's because of pail lunches. It's quint.

I was making a tasteless joke comparing KFC to the Sandy Hook massacre but I appreciate that you gave me the benefit of the doubt and responded in a reasonable, respectful way that I did not at all deserve.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If you want to eat at a clean KFC you have to leave north America.

I had Taco Bell in the Phillipines once and it was goddam amazing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Taco Bell has a few extra fancy restaurants. They opened one in Las Vegas that also has beer.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Taco Bell has a few extra fancy restaurants. They opened one in Las Vegas that also has beer.

Is the food different?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

drat thats a good idea, taco bell is basically perfect drunk/high food anyway

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Is the food different?

They have a few new items but the rest is the same

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The KFC opposite Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal has started serving beer with it's chicken after, I think 8pm.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
KFC is gross but I also take out from there a lot because I hate myself and because I can just cook rice for my carb intake.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Rap Music and Dope posted:

still no hamburger helper mixtape

Legit album of the year and if you ain't heard it goons go listen now

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scarodactyl posted:

I have eaten there a few times since I became allergic to red meat, but it turns out there is more than one way for food to make you sick.

Do you have that weird tick disease?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bean_shadow posted:

Oh hey, I know the author to that. We were active on the same Battle Royale-inspired roleplay forum like 6 or 7 years ago, and I still have her on Facebook where she talked about making this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mu Zeta posted:

They are also celebrating opening this location by holding a contest for a couple to get married there.

The winner was Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert, which is the most on-brand thing Dan Ryckert could have ever done.