Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Okay now I'm lolling again due to the Obama/trump thread and this pic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Quidam Viator posted:

- Oh and yeah, about the methane, you should start being poo poo-scared when China and oil companies are more progressive about climate change than the loving US government

Lmao by this point I personally am going to have my mind on dodging airborne pigs. Each successive post about accelerationism you've made has been less interesting and more long-winded than the first

Tiberius Christ posted:

Do you think Clinton was the smart choice?

Before you rail against condescension, look at this question you've opened with, and then tell us who do you think was the smart choice?

UnculturedSwine
Jul 7, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Speak for your own country, rest of us in the world are just waiting for the US to collapse inward for a few decades, and the mad land grab with start.

Im hoping my country Ireland grabs some of the west coast for itself, the ruins of Boston to the New York Crater will be fine.

Why don't you focus on fixing your own dumb country's laws first

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I 100% believe and expect a terrorist attack to happen soon that makes 9/11 look like child's play, as in like a nuke(s?) snuck into the country blasting us back into the stone age and ending the United States as we know it. I am ok with this for many reasons, though I'm sad for the innocent people who will die. I live in Ohio and STILL see many, many Trump signs in front of people's homes. I encounter bigots constantly, so many hypocrites, so much entitlement and indifference for the suffering of the less fortunate, here in the states and abroad.

I'm glad I grew up and still live in poverty because I shudder to think who I could have been if my family were well off like half of the people in this area. My mom divorced my physically/mentally abusive father and provided for me and my brother on a bank teller's salary (one of the lowest paying occupations in America) and worked retail part time, and received child support from a small factory workers wage (lol) just for me because my brother was 18. She couldn't get food stamps because she made 10 cents over the limit. 10 cents. A loving dime an hour. I went to work fulltime after graduating high school because I had to help pay bills, I have never taken college classes, which is probably a good thing in retrospect. She has had both of her knee's replaced and operated on several times, and I'm sure that this healthcare bullshit will probably completely ruin us if it goes the way everyone fears it will. I'm healthy and in great shape, I'm just worried about her..

Somehow I'm still lol'ing, life is suffering wtf might as well

I would like a sausage burrito please and thanks! :)

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Would being a coal miner count as a pre-existing condition?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Cobweb Heart posted:

Before you rail against condescension, look at this question you've opened with, and then tell us who do you think was the smart choice?

I voted for Clinton. I bought into the Democrat talking points and watched Samantha Bee and John Oliver and laughed at all the jokes about what a cruel horrible man Trump was. I bought into the idea that small changes over time would fix things. I voted for Obama, Kerry and Gore because we all knew the Republicans were crazy and that only a level headed Dem would make the country better and give us good jobs and opportunities. Instead every single politician in power has increased profits for rich, bailed out wall street, gotten us into wars and spy on us. They do not have your interest in heart because they have been bought and paid. There are far more moderates than you think that are craving for anything better and the two parties have divided us.

I don't know who the smart choice is, but if we continue with the systems we have it will collapse.

Sorry, that's not very lol I'll try to lighten it up

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

dumb-old rump (butt)

ehehe

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do people not know this isn't here's my sob story thread?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thirsty Girl posted:

dumb-old rump (butt)

ehehe

he has a big butt lol

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

It's all definitely going to collapse lol. My life at this point consists of work to pay the bills, copious amounts of exercise to look good so I can gently caress as many hot ladies as much as possible before I die.

Could be a lot worse.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Constipated posted:

I 100% believe and expect a terrorist attack to happen soon that makes 9/11 look like child's play, as in like a nuke(s?) snuck into the country blasting us back into the stone age and ending the United States as we know it.

this is never going to happen. the terries blew their load with 9/11. they'll never be able to get a nuke.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is never going to happen. the terries blew their load with 9/11. they'll never be able to get a nuke.

I thought he was talking about trump

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

I thought he was talking about trump

He was, Burt Sexual.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Minimalist Program posted:

He was, Burt Sexual.

Hey

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Minimalist Program posted:

I'm trying to lol itt and posts like this is making it hard.

lol if you read anything in this thread more than three lines and reply anything other than "nice meltdown"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Constipated posted:

I 100% believe and expect a terrorist attack to happen soon that makes 9/11 look like child's play, as in like a nuke(s?) snuck into the country blasting us back into the stone age

That's not going to happen.

What may very well happen in the next several years is coordinated attacks on Trump's overseas hotels which are now bigger targets than our embassies and way less fortified.

the next middle east hellwar will start, not over oil, but over hotels lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Russians could do it. They'd just have to make it look like terrorists were to blame.

They could hit Washington DC with a nuke in a van and wipe out all branches of our federal government except the ones that happened to be golfing in Palm Beach or Bedminster.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Sorry, that did look like a sob story. I actually consider myself to be extremely fortunate and a generally happy optimistic dude. Don't have new lol content but if you haven't watched that Jared and Ivanka John Oliver video do it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

NotWearingPants posted:

The Russians could do it. They'd just have to make it look like terrorists were to blame.

They could hit Washington DC with a nuke in a van and wipe out all branches of our federal government except the ones that happened to be golfing in Palm Beach or Bedminster.

That's the obvious nuking.
In the end, it'll be a disgruntled Japanese Airline pilot crashing a 747 into the Capitol.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

That's the obvious nuking.
In the end, it'll be a disgruntled Japanese Airline pilot crashing a 747 into the Capitol.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

lol Olbermann: conjecture or connect the dots?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/860978665542254592

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tired Moritz posted:

legit confused why america don't have universal healthcare. Even my garbage 3rd country has universal healthcare lol

Our leaders are just better at being evil dickheads than your evil dickheads. Our evil dickheads can even make people thank them for stripping them of their rights, dignity, health and safety as long as they speak babytalk to them about how much God loves them and how great their country is and how much biglier it is at everything than any other country.

I think the only chance we have it for Violent J to double down on the juggalo support for Bernie Sanders, and transfer it to whatever progressive candidate runs in 2020. We need the Idiot Vote.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Shwqa posted:

But it was Hilary's turn. loving LOL at how dumb the democrats were this election. They were out smarted by Donald Trump. They had a massively popular candidate who was bring in the youth vote. And they chose against him. They told the middle America they were going to get them fired and were surprised when they voted against them.

LOL that anyone would ever pin their hopes on the "youth vote"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you have to put a candidate up the youth will vote for. they had one finally. they decided it was her turn instead.

like look at this lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SlipkPIe posted:

LOL that anyone would ever pin their hopes on the "youth vote"

Bernie would have campaigned in and won all the rust belt states.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

well you're supposed to point it at yourself and look down the barrel to make sure it's clean, while having your finger on the trigger to rub that clean also, right?

seems really easy to accidentally hurt yourself tbh

I've never owned a gun and have only ever even held one maybe like 3 times in my life, but I have thought from time to time how sort of ridiculously easy it makes it to kill people. Like, I know this kinda goes without saying for a lot of people, but I had never really thought about it. I thought about it in terms of like you know how when you don't want to jump into a cold pool or get out of bed in the morning and you just sort of make yourself do it without thinking about it and you just kinda turn your brain off for a couple seconds so you can go through with it? I feel like killing someone with a gun (especially yourself) just takes such a short time to do that it sort of scared me to think how little time you'd have to turn off your UHH DONT DO THAT part of your brain to do it

Again this is probably really obvious to a lot of people, I just don't really have any experience around guns or any real reason to think about it before

Yeah one of my best friends is extremely pro-gun. I am pro-gun to a point. Definitely a shotgun in your home is fine. I personally draw the line at people carrying them everywhere like they are Dirty Harry because it makes things like road rage shootings way too loving common and the victim having a gun wouldn't have done poo poo anyway.

So my pro-gun friend and I like to debate about that; he thinks everyone should have a concealed gun at all times. So I brought up the guy who literally shot a Waffle House waitress to death because she told him he can't smoke at the table. I explained to my friend that was an extremely knee-jerk reaction to someone "offending" him that would never have happened if he had a knife. My friend completely disagreed and insisted if he had a knife, it would have been the exact same outcome. I explained to him how intimate killing someone with a knife is, not to mention gruesome and brutal, plus the victim has a chance to survive, has a chance to run, etc. He just kept insisting I was wrong and we just dropped it.

A lot of them fall into the "you can kill a person with a hammer so should we ban those too" crowds and I guess I understand but they don't really get how stupidly easy guns make it to kill people, from across the room, without even having to see the person scream as they suffer. There's no goddman way that Waffle House guy would have killed that woman with a knife in that situation, in my opinion.

The idea of "a well-armed society is a polite society" seems a bit ridiculous to me as well. All that says to me is everyone is too scared to do anything or say anything to someone who wronged them. It is not that anyone is actually polite. "That man just cut me in line and told me to go gently caress myself; better not make a stink because he might have a gun" is not a polite society imho.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/860987464114110465

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he is almost unbelievably stupid and his tweets sound like they were dictated by a 5 year old lmao

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Constipated posted:

I 100% believe and expect a terrorist attack to happen soon that makes 9/11 look like child's play, as in like a nuke(s?) snuck into the country blasting us back into the stone age and ending the United States as we know it.

Why when your own people will happily kill you for them.
No EPA, no safety regulations, no healthcare. Soon no climate deal, lesser social nets.
Give it a few years and a US nuclear reactor will just meltdown due to cost saving for the shareholders, or a dam break like we nearly saw a few weeks ago.
Don't need a suitcase nuke, just a rich old white racist american guy.

gently caress, Iran/China/Russia is turtling in this RTS game right now.
Waiting for US to run out of internal resources and rage quit itself.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
he's staying at Trump National Golf Club, Bedminister after Mar-a-Lago has closed for the season

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

mannerup posted:

he's staying at Trump National Golf Club, Bedminister after Mar-a-Lago has closed for the season

Well New York is just too expensive for the President of the United. And he is not allowed in the White House after 9pm on Fridays.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I've met a bunch of people who owned guns because they were really devoted preppers. So like, paranoid and scared kinda crazy, not angry crazy.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Just in time. I was worried we'd go a day without a LOL but there he is.

Meetings!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Archaic posted:

Meetings!

beautiful NJ!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Oh, hey

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Side-LOL incoming:

So Mike Cernovich started replying up a storm on that comment, all "gently caress the haters, rah rah Trump!"

UNTIL

The guy that New York magazine wrote an article about, appropriately titled "How Mike Cernovich is Pizzagating His Latest Victim", saw him posting and asked him to comment on the article.

Cernovich promptly stfu and gtfo.

:lol:

Malinois fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 7, 2017

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

The Archaic posted:

Meetings!

I'll at least congratulate him for making greater use of Twitter's 140 character limit. No more "Sad!"

Now we've graduated to "Meetings!"

I'm looking forward to such chestnuts as "Business!", "Typewriter!" and "Jock Itch!"

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Tell me more about this political savior bernie sanders who would have won the election and stopped the civil war

give it a rest

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Madcosby posted:

Tell me more about this political savior bernie sanders who would have won the election and stopped the civil war

give it a rest

do you get angry when people state facts in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Constipated posted:

I 100% believe and expect a terrorist attack to happen soon that makes 9/11 look like child's play, as in like a nuke(s?) snuck into the country blasting us back into the stone age and ending the United States as we know it. I am ok with this for many reasons, though I'm sad for the innocent people who will die. I live in Ohio and STILL see many, many Trump signs in front of people's homes. I encounter bigots constantly, so many hypocrites, so much entitlement and indifference for the suffering of the less fortunate, here in the states and abroad.

I'm glad I grew up and still live in poverty because I shudder to think who I could have been if my family were well off like half of the people in this area. My mom divorced my physically/mentally abusive father and provided for me and my brother on a bank teller's salary (one of the lowest paying occupations in America) and worked retail part time, and received child support from a small factory workers wage (lol) just for me because my brother was 18. She couldn't get food stamps because she made 10 cents over the limit. 10 cents. A loving dime an hour. I went to work fulltime after graduating high school because I had to help pay bills, I have never taken college classes, which is probably a good thing in retrospect. She has had both of her knee's replaced and operated on several times, and I'm sure that this healthcare bullshit will probably completely ruin us if it goes the way everyone fears it will. I'm healthy and in great shape, I'm just worried about her..

Somehow I'm still lol'ing, life is suffering wtf might as well

I would like a sausage burrito please and thanks! :)

Just want to quickly point out that this goon legitimately thinks bank tellers, who were paid an average of 12$ an hour in 2012 (almost 5 dollars/hour above the min wage), is one of the lowest paying occupations in the country

Not a trump lol, still a good lol