Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SilverSupernova posted:

Before that I think they were reverting him to his 90's era Space Hulk personality so it's a step up.

Last time I saw him he was Green Riddick, but that was circa Annihilation. Were they really backsliding him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

haitfais posted:

Last time I saw him he was Green Riddick, but that was circa Annihilation. Were they really backsliding him?

When Bendis picked up the series for the first Marvel NOW and before the first movie, his take on Drax basically amounted to grunting, muscles, and stabbing.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Sleepless Domain (it's a webcomic)

In this setting many girls have superpowers, which they use to fight monsters. While at school the protagonist Undine (blue-haired girl) is eating lunch with Heartful Punch, whose power is "punches things very hard".

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Dry protein powder?? :barf:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mikl posted:

Sleepless Domain (it's a webcomic)

In this setting many girls have superpowers, which they use to fight monsters. While at school the protagonist Undine (blue-haired girl) is eating lunch with Heartful Punch, whose power is "punches things very hard".

What's the funny part?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Who What Now posted:

What's the funny part?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That somebody wrote, drew, coloured, and uploaded it. Webcomics.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Haha yeah webcomics are such a joke

*print comics industry is literally on life support and only relevant as a vehicle for future blockbuster movies*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Webcomics are good blood.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ppffh, who cares about webcomics. Nobody likes those lovely artists and writers anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to post panels from the latest Squirrel Girl.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

purple death ray posted:

Haha yeah webcomics are such a joke

*print comics industry is literally on life support and only relevant as a vehicle for future blockbuster movies*

American superhero comics aren't the entire industry.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

American superhero comics aren't the entire industry.

...Mods?!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I do love the adorable sloth on her lunchbox.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dareon posted:

I do love the adorable sloth on her lunchbox.

For a series that kills off a bunch of magical girls the designs are still sugary and cute.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Lois Lane #79 (The One with Titanman)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Ppffh, who cares about webcomics. Nobody likes those lovely artists and writers anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to post panels from the latest Squirrel Girl.
Excuse me, but webcomics are the highest form of art and entertainment. I have half a TB of loss edits to prove it.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Something I've always found unintentionally funny are vignettes of superheroes lifting weights.

You're a superhero with superpowers and can lift umpteen zillion pounds, you're telling me you have to then keep up the strength and definition, like the rest of us peasants?

It also reminds me of all those comicsvine and reddit posts about "who is stronger!! what's their power levels! doctor doom vs. goku" schoolyard discussions. Some of these are best found in those forum discussions.

Anyway. Here's Cap being a gym dick to the D-Man! (Correction by DivineCoffeeBinge - it's from Captain America v1, #402)

Some X-men being a dick to Cain Marko! (unsure, looks post-thunderbolts)

Kingpin, post-being a dick to Daredevil! (Daredevil : Born Again)

Batman isn't as fun because it's canon that he legitimately has to lift to keep up peak human physique. However -this- is from Batman Odyssey :lol:

Pacra fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 7, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

2500 lbs, huh Bruce? Are you sure that's what's Alfred told you? I'm sure he was very impressed.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Pshaw, that's only 500 pounds more than Pat Robertson can leg press

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Pacra posted:

Anyway. Here's Cap being a gym dick to the D-Man! (Should be from Avengers Vol. 3)

I'm not sure how that's being a dick, given that D-Man appears to be living about 7x more weight than Cap.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

haitfais posted:

I'm not sure how that's being a dick, given that D-Man appears to be living about 7x more weight than Cap.

I thought so too at first, but there's no way D-Man could bench 8500 on each side right? Must be 850.0. But then, 17,00 pounds is like 8 tons, and marvel wiki says he can lift 15 tons, so this should be nothing to him right? And Cap is only like 800 pounds from the wiki at peak human strength, so he should be struggling and D-Man should be way way ahead of him, so he's just joshing a much stronger dude?
:goonsay:

Silver Age stuff is full of weights, both on the covers and inside.

Bring back Borko of Gorn and Boscar of Krag as a villain-lite/antagonist-lite teamup please

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Boscar of Krag seems to be competing in an entirely different event than Superman and Borko, although breaking chains with your pec flex is still impressive.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Pacra posted:

I thought so too at first, but there's no way D-Man could bench 8500 on each side right? Must be 850.0. But then, 17,00 pounds is like 8 tons, and marvel wiki says he can lift 15 tons, so this should be nothing to him right? And Cap is only like 800 pounds from the wiki at peak human strength, so he should be struggling and D-Man should be way way ahead of him, so he's just joshing a much stronger dude?
:goonsay:

Bring back Borko of Gorn and Boscar of Krag as a villain-lite/antagonist-lite teamup please

Im glad thin curly mustache is the universal sign of strong man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Huzzah! posted:

Im glad thin curly mustache is the universal sign of strong man.

In my teens I tried to rock one of those and it must have sensed I wasn't strong enough to be worthy because it refused to obey me and I had to give up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

2500 lbs, huh Bruce? Are you sure that's what's Alfred told you? I'm sure he was very impressed.

It's humanly possible.
2200lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=148ek5InChQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It is, but it requires the level of buff where it starts to affect your agility, which Batman wou- oh man who cares.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

It is, but it requires the level of buff where it starts to affect your agility, which Batman wou- oh man who cares.

The guy in that video is 400lbs, so - oh yeah, nobody cares.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Cap and D-Man thing bugs me, because regardless of whether or not the weights they're lifting are possible for a "peak human athlete" it's very clear that D-Man is lifting a poo poo ton more than Cap.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The Cap and D-Man thing bugs me, because regardless of whether or not the weights they're lifting are possible for a "peak human athlete" it's very clear that D-Man is lifting a poo poo ton more than Cap.

D-man is stronger than Cap. Cap is probably asking if D-man needs more weights because he knows what he's capable of.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D-Man is explicitly superhumanly strong, so he'd better be lifting more than Cap.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God drat Spongebob.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Here is a better D-Man panel

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Which one of those plastic mannequins is supposed to be D-man?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

D-Man is Sheamus?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

HYPOCRITE THAT YOU ARE,

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Pacra posted:

Here is a better D-Man panel

It checks out. That is a very good D-Man panel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ecavalli posted:

It checks out. That is a very good D-Man panel.

drat those Hostess Fruit Pies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pacra posted:

I assume Paramount/Viacom will claim they own the concept of A Planet Named Gorn Where Someone Strong Is From, even though the comic must have come first.