Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
News flash: Dry Bowser is the best racer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pick a kart set up that completely bottoms out speed.

I want to print out this post, frame it and kiss you full on the lips

I mean I got dead loving last on Rainbow Road but I still managed to get enough points to get first place overall

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Biddybuggy pro stratz

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

I want to print out this post, frame it and kiss you full on the lips

I mean I got dead loving last on Rainbow Road but I still managed to get enough points to get first place overall

Lol enjoy not having 3 stars!!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Big Nintendo Direct in the coming weeks. Will address the lack of eshop music. Said to come out at the launch of the virtual console

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess I forgot to hit submit on the post I typed up. I've played some more Snakepass and got into the second world or whatever you call the group of levels. I can see how I would have loved this game as a kid and would have spent hours just exploring these levels to get all the things. My only complaint is that there's no way to save progress without beating a level. You can hit those checkpoints to lock in the orbs and coins for that session, but you can't quit the game and keep them without finishing the level. Kind of wish I had gotten Kamiko and/or Voez instead but I don't regret it as much as I did a couple days ago.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Pretty sure I'm racing with you Eonwe.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I just sing the Wii eShop music out loud when I browse the Switch shop.

I'm spending too much money on the drat thing. Just in one week I picked up Kamiko, Tumbleseed, and today Mario Kart 8D.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dr Cheeto posted:

The eShop doesn't even have music!

Ew what why did Nintendo screw that up?

That makes me a little more okay with not being able to find a Switch. Maybe.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ew what why did Nintendo screw that up?

They got mad that random nobodies could mix a better track than them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

The eShop doesn't even have music!

Can a console be called a console when it's missing poo poo like this?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bring back music but more importantly Mario collecting coins / shooting fireballs.

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011
Just bought a case for my Switch and a Waluigi amiibo. Now I'm ready to throw shells at some fools.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly if the eShop is a hint of Nintendo's online offeerings come fall then lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just hope that whatever features Nintendo eventually adds to the Switch doesn't bog down the fast UI. MS kept making the 360 worse as the years went on.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Didn't the Wii U also launch with a really crummy UI or something? And then Nintendo patched it into something worth a poo poo after it was out for a few months

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

whaley posted:

Didn't the Wii U also launch with a really crummy UI or something? And then Nintendo patched it into something worth a poo poo after it was out for a few months

Yeah, it was incredibly bad at first and froze a lot too. It was always pretty slow compared to the Switch now is but I still preferred it to PS4 and especially X1. Microsoft seems almost devoted to making the worst UIs possible now.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I hate to be *that* guy, but I just got back from vacation and I have some cash leftover. I'd like to buy a Switch, but when can I realistically expect them to be back in stores?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Big McHuge posted:

I hate to be *that* guy, but I just got back from vacation and I have some cash leftover. I'd like to buy a Switch, but when can I realistically expect them to be back in stores?

Just keep checking stores. I saw a bunch at the Targets and Walmart around here (Salinas, CA) this week. It's not like the NES Classic. You'll find one pretty quickly if you're looking.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Big McHuge posted:

Let me check the store managers that I am friends with

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Big McHuge posted:

Try stores shortly after opening. I got mine at Target on my way into work. Been in picking stuff around the same time a few other times and they've had one or two.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Big McHuge posted:

This and this are great for when it hits an online site.

This is great for finding brick and mortar stores that have it. It's what I used to find mine. Just click the live map function, look for your area, and click on a marker. If it says anything more than 1 day, the store probably hasn't updated their counts yet.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Big McHuge posted:

ask your uncle

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just keep checking stores. I saw a bunch at the Targets and Walmart around here (Salinas, CA) this week. It's not like the NES Classic. You'll find one pretty quickly if you're looking.

Hey neat, I live in Santa Cruz. Hello, kinda-neighbor.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

antidote posted:

Hey neat, I live in Santa Cruz. Hello, kinda-neighbor.

I actually do live in Santa Cruz. I just saw them when I was visiting Salinas.:)

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Fly with me posted:

This and this are great for when it hits an online site.

This is great for finding brick and mortar stores that have it. It's what I used to find mine. Just click the live map function, look for your area, and click on a marker. If it says anything more than 1 day, the store probably hasn't updated their counts yet.

More importantly, I've been hearing about first run issues surrounding controllers not connecting or having button input problems, and the unit flexing in the dock. Has Nintendo made any statements on this or whether these issues have been corrected?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Watching some of the recent matches from the Japanese invitational tournament and ARMS is looking pretty awesome

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Is there a Yahaha sound clip floating around for use as a custom sound on iPhone and you need to install iTunes to do this I'm guessing? Asking for a friend.

ratbert90 posted:

News flash: Link is the best racer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I need to get around to making Kass's Theme my ringtone.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Watching some of the recent matches from the Japanese invitational tournament and ARMS is looking pretty awesome

Link please.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

Link please.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Big McHuge posted:

They have some in the back.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

A bit more seriously.

Are you ready? Now let's take up arms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsw0EiPLggU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
ARMS is going to be so good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Link please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OytSTtQyi8w

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

A bit more seriously.

Are you ready? Now let's take up arms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsw0EiPLggU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5uHdQARB-o

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I need some Switch ringtones and text tones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcdTwhcO-B8&t=5s

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dear Nintendo, please make a video game where Waluigi is the main protagonist. I can see a video game with the good hearted Waluigi as an "stereotypical Italian mobster" but he would be very bad at being a mobster for two reason his self pity and his hidden kindness.@CharlesMartinet Please PRESSURE Nintendo into a Waluigi Video Game. You said your self you would love it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Anyone notice that tumbleseed has some screen space cut off in dock mode and there isn't a way to expand out like in shovel knight? What to do?

Your TV likely had Overscan enabled in its settings, and you've just never noticed in other gamrs until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Switching remains good

• Locked thread