Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

therattle posted:

Are there biscuits with that?

Forums user Jukeboxblues' grandmother is afflicted with Ossium Panera (a.k.a Breadbones), a rare subtropical disorder that causes your bones to slowy convert into delicious, fresh baked bread and she's gonna be there so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Radical and BADical! posted:

If anything you should make it bigger. And also make it everyone's desktop.

i met an intern at my last job who didn't know what goatse is, kids these day amirite

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

i met an intern at my last job who didn't know what goatse is, kids these day amirite

quoted for truth

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can I sue Dare for sexual harassment for when he inevitably posts goatse?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

Out of all the people I worked with at my last job, only one of them knew what goatse was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Was the 42 year old man fired? Just kidding I already know the answer to this

Yup. So did the manager that the bagger originally told. It was a few weeks later when nothing came of it that the bagger went straight to corporate's HR instead of anyone at the store.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dare's entire list of assets consists of three crates of waterlogged Magic Cards and half a pallet of Cheetoes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Reminds me of some zero tolerance policies at american schools for fighting or any sort of physical contact or bullying. If you delay tattling you instantly get the same severe punishment as the bully as well. Jerk pushes you in the hallway and it kinda sucks but whatever? Teacher saw it, or a 3rd party saw it? Victim and the bully both get punished, the bully for pushing someone, the victim for not instantly telling.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup. So did the manager that the bagger originally told. It was a few weeks later when nothing came of it that the bagger went straight to corporate's HR instead of anyone at the store.

Did the bagger get fired by way of some sick, twisted domino effect?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Baronjutter posted:

Reminds me of some zero tolerance policies at american schools for fighting or any sort of physical contact or bullying. If you delay tattling you instantly get the same severe punishment as the bully as well. Jerk pushes you in the hallway and it kinda sucks but whatever? Teacher saw it, or a 3rd party saw it? Victim and the bully both get punished, the bully for pushing someone, the victim for not instantly telling.

I think using words that sound bad like "tattling" or "snitching" are harmful. All offenses should immediately be reported to whoever the relevant authority may be. It doesn't mean you're a "rat" or whatever, it just means you respect the system and trust that it will sort it out for you.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Baronjutter posted:

This has always been so idiotic to me. In 3rd grade a kid punched me in the back of the head because I scored a soccer goal against him during recess - teacher saw it happen so we both got suspended for 3 days. Even at 7 years old I understood how stupid this was. It wasn't even a policy about not telling a teacher immediately, it was just basically "if you are remotely associated with a fight you are automatically suspended."

I think a good rule of thumb is that if a 7 year old kid can see how illogical your policy is, it's not a good policy.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think using words that sound bad like "tattling" or "snitching" are harmful. All offenses should immediately be reported to whoever the relevant authority may be. It doesn't mean you're a "rat" or whatever, it just means you respect the system and trust that it will sort it out for you.

Actually sometimes people need to learn to deal with grievances among themselves without some authority figure acting as arbiter. Running to the office every time some other kid knocks you around in recess is absolutely tattling, and people who raise their kids like that need to get hit by a truck

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

tesilential posted:

...you take the risk that he reports to HR that he is being harassed by his dominatrix...

This is a truly amazing concept.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

fruit on the bottom posted:

Was the 42 year old man fired? Just kidding I already know the answer to this

Little minx temptresses made him do it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm glad I work for an employer that you have to be creatively stupid to get fired.

To have that scenario play out at my work, the sexual harassment victim would get re hired with no loss of seniority, full back pay with interest, not to mention whatever settlement they received through their counsel after their lawyer and the union finished spit roasting HR over something so ridiculous.

We've had management attempt to fire people over petty things, and the majority of the time the employee gets their job back with all the back pay. Some of them basically took a year off, lived frugally off savings, then got re hired like nothing happened a year later.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm about to be in charge of and hire a few interns with my new job so I'm glad I know how to react when they have their dom send me goatse photos.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Putty posted:

how much sugar do you put in your coffee dude jesus christ

sugar has no place in coffee. sugar is for the weakminded.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hedrigall posted:

Is anyone else picturing Carl as that really nebbish, bald, sweaty dude who works in accounting or something, who everyone has bets on whether he's a serial killer? lol you know the guy

carl's a ripped baddass up-and-comer. Well, was.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

KomodoWagon posted:

Actually sometimes people need to learn to deal with grievances among themselves without some authority figure acting as arbiter. Running to the office every time some other kid knocks you around in recess is absolutely tattling, and people who raise their kids like that need to get hit by a truck

Yeah kids like that won't ever be able to deal with poo poo irl

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
There's obviously a line that has to be crossed and it's less to punish them than to avoid getting punished yourself like whatever I quoted was describing.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

If I was the boss, I'd find Carl and ask him to fight me in the parking lot.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

carl's a ripped-up rear end.

FTFY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

KomodoWagon posted:

most people have parents who help them when something bad happens. maybe this is why you hate yours

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

most people have parents who help them when something bad happens. maybe this is why you hate yours

and what are u realy jose. what is ur esseence. in what do u consist. u have no idea do u idiiot. u have no loving clue right

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think they should teach boxing or jiu jitsu in gym class. Like as a mandatory course. Knowing a little bit of fighting helps everyone's confidence and makes you more self reliant. Not to mention it could give bullies an outlet for some of their violent tendencies...and if not then give us a higher caliber of bully.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Pearnicious posted:

This has always been so idiotic to me. In 3rd grade a kid punched me in the back of the head because I scored a soccer goal against him during recess - teacher saw it happen so we both got suspended for 3 days. Even at 7 years old I understood how stupid this was. It wasn't even a policy about not telling a teacher immediately, it was just basically "if you are remotely associated with a fight you are automatically suspended."

I think a good rule of thumb is that if a 7 year old kid can see how illogical your policy is, it's not a good policy.

But wasn't 7 year old you happy to get a few days offa school for free? Unless your parents punished you as well seems sweet to (younger) me.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I just goatse'd someone who sarcastically replied to my post on reddit. If you want that old feeling back that's the place

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

KomodoWagon posted:

man some people have bullies who kick their rear end and steal their stuff every day, in real life you can go to the police, why should a child have to deal with that himself

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think they should teach boxing or jiu jitsu in gym class. Like as a mandatory course. Knowing a little bit of fighting helps everyone's confidence and makes you more self reliant. Not to mention it could give bullies an outlet for some of their violent tendencies...and if not then give us a higher caliber of bully.

Kids can';t even play dodgeball in a lot of schools. I agree with you though, if the school is cool with football players getting long term head injuries, kids should be able to have cranial bleeding in gym class as well.

In seriousness I do think teaching basic defense like boxing and to a much, much, lesser extent BJJ would be a good idea.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Teach them to murder imo. It's an important life skill that would rarely need use, but if you need it you NEED it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teach them to murder imo. It's an important life skill that would rarely need use, but if you need it you NEED it.

I'm sure there's Young Republican meetings in most high schools already. HEEEEEYOOOOO!!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

skeemon posted:

My girlfriend got that exact tattoo with no prior knowledge that it was used as a symbol for suicidals. She just thought it was aesthetically pleasing or something. Every once in awhile when we're out doing things strangers will pull her aside and be like "girl I know the struggle" and try to hug her or something. She's all "LOLOLOL no get away weirdo"

Haha nice.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Way to reply to a post from 165 pages ago. :nallears:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's an innate trait.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

McGavin posted:

Way to reply to a post from 165 pages ago. :nallears:

I actually thought that was from the previous thread it was so old.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

food court bailiff posted:

they're the weirdo with the mail-order Chinese wife, eating homemade kimchi out of a bento box covered in cartoon characters, that goes on the treadmill in full chainmail to "work out".

Oh hey Carl

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Caesar Saladin posted:

man some people have bullies who kick their rear end and steal their stuff every day, in real life you can go to the police, why should a child have to deal with that himself

What utopia do you live in where the police gives a flying poo poo about a mugging? You can get even, or, since that's usually not an option, you can move on.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Thx man

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KomodoWagon posted:

What utopia do you live in where the police gives a flying poo poo about a mugging? You can get even, or, since that's usually not an option, you can move on.

Keep your head up, make eye contact, and don't look like you're lost or scared and you'll probably never get mugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It doesn't mean you're a "rat" or whatever, it just means you respect the system and trust that it will sort it out for you.

So what you are saying is that it makes you a moron.