Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Thanks! I think I can use some of these for sure. Although I am offended you'd include Noted Good Deputy Roswell in these as a Bad Guy (but mostly because I have Adventure Zone listeners in my game).

That first golem pic is a top candidate for my needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

A Fijian mountain warrior, photograph by Francis Herbert Dufty, 1870s.

I want to play whatever class that guy is next time I do a RPG.

edit: murderface the paladin?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
hold up i changed my mind

i wanna be this guy

he could be in the same game as fish samurai i posted earlier

Also wanted to repost some choice poo poo that I have put in the thread a long time ago.

p-hop posted:

Requesting cool witchy occult things. Midnight covens. A god with horns, a god with hooves. Night eyes smiling. Rather than describe exactly what I'm looking for in detail, I'll post some stuff I already have.

p-hop posted:

Here's some cool wardens of the deep woods:

This guy is my favorite. It's "The Moth King." Just think about camping out in the middle of nowhere and you leave the tent to pee in the middle of the night. The faint sound of hundreds of beating moth wings catches your attention. When you turn around your flashlight's beam goes across that. Good horror stuff.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

p-hop posted:

hold up i changed my mind

i wanna be this guy

God-Emperor Leto Atreides II?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I would like any and all Kobolds people have . Got a game coming up where the party is going to meet an organization devoted to protecting Dragons and half of them are Kobolds.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Obviously you need a Kobold Kommando.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Aviator kobold, best kobold.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Kobolds! They're tribal, scrappy and loyal, which makes them excellent role models for early adventuring parties.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Gonna have to add this one to my sadly minuscule collection of "WHAT A LOVELY DAY!" level adventurer pics. Too bad he doesn't have steel talons on his feet to boot (pun not really intended).

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trundel posted:

I would like any and all Kobolds people have . Got a game coming up where the party is going to meet an organization devoted to protecting Dragons and half of them are Kobolds.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm going to be playing a Soul Knife in a pathfinder game, with the Psychic Armory and War Soul archetypes. Think 'Surrounded by a cloud of weapons'. I need someone who has that, that isn't, ya know, Gilgamesh from FS/N. Anyone with tons of weapons, floating is preferred, but stuck into the ground is also cool.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm going to be playing a Soul Knife in a pathfinder game, with the Psychic Armory and War Soul archetypes. Think 'Surrounded by a cloud of weapons'. I need someone who has that, that isn't, ya know, Gilgamesh from FS/N. Anyone with tons of weapons, floating is preferred, but stuck into the ground is also cool.

For some reason, this concept maps closely to swordmages. What do you think?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Yo can I get some necromancers with a poisoned weapon, something weird like a blowgun or a crossbow? Maybe even a pistol necromancer??

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

I made a priority of blowpipes, guns and crossbows as injection vectors. From that followed witch hunters and sacrificial cultists wielding knives.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I'm running a Dungeon World game at work with complete RPG newbies, and as part of that experience I like to print out character art and let people chose who they want to be.

Turns out I have a ton of female character art saved but not a lot of guys. So hit me with your male (human, dwarf, elf, halfling) dudes without getting beefcake. Can be fighters, rogues, mages, clerics, bards, etc. The more badass they look, the better - someone should think "poo poo, I want to be that guy!" I just need a handful total.

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
Here's a semi-random assortment of humanoid dudes I've grabbed from this thread and others like it. I hope some of them are what you're looking for!

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
That's a perfect grab bag, thanks!

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Looking for desert-esque landscapes (mostly no trees or just dead vegetation).

Bonus points if there is non-blue skys but during sundown/sunset.

Trying to evoke Arthas (Dark Sun) but happy go lucky & colorful, so desert esque things are welcome!

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

OfChristandMen posted:

Looking for desert-esque landscapes (mostly no trees or just dead vegetation).

Bonus points if there is non-blue skys but during sundown/sunset.

Trying to evoke Arthas (Dark Sun) but happy go lucky & colorful, so desert esque things are welcome!

Deserts are normally such serious places, with problems of scarcity close at hand. Let's envision some of its beauty instead.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

Huszsersvn posted:

Deserts are normally such serious places, with problems of scarcity close at hand. Let's envision some of its beauty instead.

This was seriously more than I ever expected, I appreciate this so loving much. These pics will inspire my campaign for months to come! I thank you again!

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010

Huszsersvn posted:

*a ton of fuckin cool images*

Seriously dude, these are all A++

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I don't know what it's going to be, but this is the next campaign I run.

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
I am looking for:

Thugs, brigands, and bandits and their commander (preferably bald or with an eye patch)
Your dirtiest piggy-ist orcs.
A ruined fortress, reclaimed by said bandits and orcs.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Doesn't have an eye patch, but probably should, from the looks of things:

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Two Headed Calf posted:

I am looking for:

Thugs, brigands, and bandits and their commander (preferably bald or with an eye patch)
Your dirtiest piggy-ist orcs.
A ruined fortress, reclaimed by said bandits and orcs.

Bandits:

Bandit Chiefs:

Odious Orcs:

Bandit Fortresses:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I've found a blog that people in here might find useful!
http://char-portraits.tumblr.com/

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Someone on Reddit put together a series of photographs of what various fantasy rations would look like. It's actually really cool.

https://imgur.com/t/food/BWnHF

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Peas and Rice posted:

Someone on Reddit put together a series of photographs of what various fantasy rations would look like. It's actually really cool.

https://imgur.com/t/food/BWnHF

I absolutely adore this.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Can I see some rad superhero art? Especially one with teams of superheroes (preferably non-DC or Marvel) fighting giant threats. Looking for some hype/inspiration for Wild Talents.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Strange Matter posted:

Can I see some rad superhero art? Especially one with teams of superheroes (preferably non-DC or Marvel) fighting giant threats. Looking for some hype/inspiration for Wild Talents.

Well, I can't promise that they're rad, but here are some character pics I did for a supers game I ran a few years ago.

And here's a rooftop battle royale I did involving a number of important characters from said game.

Only team pics I did are far too awful to share. Didn't do any big monster battles, sorry.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm looking for chaos space marines for a one-man goon project. I've pretty much tapped out Google Image Search.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Strange Matter posted:

There's a wealth of superheroes to be found as fan art of Champions Online and City of Heroes/Villains on DeviantArt. See how you like these!

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Would it be possible to have pictures of fantasy trains? Will need some for a game I am running soon!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I need to know the backstory on the albino African-American metrosexual martial artist, like now.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Huszsersvn posted:

There's a wealth of superheroes to be found as fan art of Champions Online and City of Heroes/Villains on DeviantArt. See how you like these!

I know there's a lot of wtf that goes around, but a robot with presumably robotic eyes also needing additional corrective lenses?

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Young Freud posted:

I need to know the backstory on the albino African-American metrosexual martial artist, like now.

Airhead is apparently a City of Heroes character, who uses his own superpowered gullibility to pull off supernatural feats. Apparently, he is a Mind Control/Forcefields Controller, whatever that means.

DA Page posted:

Next up on the left is the fascinating and unpredictable Airhead by (Milan Dare). Airhead's powers are rather strange and nebulous in nature. By making a "body loop" (touching himself in a manner that makes a closed "circle" with an open space, note his left arm) he appears to have the ability to affect probabilities (or as he puts it making himself and the world more rubbery and gullible). In effect he gains the ability to pull off seemingly impossible feats like disarming a terrorist bomb with a fork or bungee jumping out of a burning building using only a roll of toilet paper as a rope. Its a rather unique powerset for a rather unique hero. Me and Milandare both had our heroes in the gone but not forgotten City of Heroes mmo.

SkySteak posted:

Would it be possible to have pictures of fantasy trains? Will need some for a game I am running soon!

Here's some Lightning Rail trains from Eberron. They're magical maglev trains powered by a tethered lightning elemental across a track of conductor stones.

I also came across something interesting - an AD&D module straight from Dungeon Magazine #44, titled "Train of Events". An honest-to-god steam train built by the dwarves runs an underground railway, waylaid by derro and other deep-dwellers.

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 29, 2017

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

18 Character Limit posted:

I know there's a lot of wtf that goes around, but a robot with presumably robotic eyes also needing additional corrective lenses?

Five out of nine respondents in the test group found them aesthetically pleasing.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

RocknRollaAyatollah has the real reason, but when I joked about this with some friends, one of them pointed out that it's actually a really simple way to increase the power of an optical system, because you increase the distance between the forward and rear lenses. She also mumbled something about the Hubble Space Telescope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Good enough for the hubble telescope, good enough for government work.