Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
every time i see someone else linking that latest tavis tweet i keep anxiously checking to see if he's actually posted the writeup yet. give it to me tavis!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

it's Saturday he's probably enjoying his weekend before the world burns

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Meat Beat Agent posted:

oh haha, i remember that

if he ever goes to a day spa or something he'll break AES

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

vOv posted:

if he ever goes to a day spa or something he'll break AES

how do you think the sha1 collision happened :colbert:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

CVE-2013-4866 posted:

The LIXIL Corporation My SATIS Genius Toilet application for Android has a hardcoded Bluetooth PIN, which allows physically proximate attackers to trigger physical resource consumption (water or heat) or user discomfort.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
why does a shitter need an app

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

this is iot as gently caress

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

cis autodrag posted:

why does a shitter need an app

because it's one of those japan style high tech toilets with 5000 functions and they ran out of user interface space on the toilet itself

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fishmech posted:

because it's one of those japan style high tech toilets with 5000 functions and they ran out of user interface space on the toilet itself

my toilets user interface looks like this

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

cis autodrag posted:

no flush? very disruptive

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
imagine a pressure sensitive toilet seat.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

cis autodrag posted:

clickwheel toilet seat photoshop here

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

user-configurable delay between standing up and flushing to account for people who may lift fully off of the seat when wiping and also to allow for appropriate poop-inspection time

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

duTrieux. posted:

user-configurable delay between standing up and flushing to account for people who may lift fully off of the seat when wiping and also to allow for appropriate poop-inspection time

where's subjunctive I think we have something here

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

duTrieux. posted:

add facial recognition, kuerig toilet paper, and a neural net to monitor dwell time and you've got storytime

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

looks like it's ready for a big rce

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
internet of poo poo, eh

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cis autodrag posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

add facial recognition, kuerig toilet paper, and a neural net to monitor dwell time and you've got storytime

instead of facial recognition, include multiple sensors so that it can determine who is sitting on it based on their weight distribution

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
buncha non-bidet people smh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

instead of facial recognition, include multiple sensors so that it can determine who is sitting on it based on their weight distribution

now we're just talking about the smart pipe

(if anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

in other news here's an SELinux coloring book :confuoot:

https://people.redhat.com/duffy/selinux/selinux-coloring-book_A4-Stapled.pdf

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

duTrieux. posted:

instead of facial recognition,

Fecal recognition?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Fecal recognition?

you're posting

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

Apparently my adblocker blocks embedded homedepot.com images. I had to find out what you posted by clicking quote.

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i get a bad ssl cert

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah that picture won't work cause SA is https and that thing isn't.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

cis autodrag posted:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Truga posted:

yeah that picture won't work cause SA is https and that thing isn't.

i made a user script that changes failed images to links. it works pretty good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Some really interesting stuff haopening surrounding the French elections.

The Macron emails are mostly bogus and the dump was released so late so that journalists wouldn't have time to process them.

Turns out Macron outsmarted the Russians by filling out fake info in the phishing pages, so the Russians had to work all that out. Also they used honey tokens which is very smart.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/06/did-macron-outsmart-campaign-hackers

https://medium.com/@thegrugq/a-list-minute-influence-op-by-data-ddos-3698906d8836

I wonder if they enabled Macrons in the word documents :downsrim:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spankmeister posted:

Literally at the 11th hour, before the blackout would silence it, the Macron campaign issued a statement saying it had been hacked and many of the documents that were dumped on the American 4Chan site and re-posted by Wikileaks were fakes.

oh my god they dumped the documents on /pol/ first ahahahahaha

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

oh my god they dumped the documents on /pol/ first ahahahahaha

I do like that they thought it was necessary to say the American 4chan site. As opposed to all other 4chan sites?

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

spankmeister posted:

The Macron emails are mostly bogus and the dump was released so late so that journalists wouldn't have time to process them.
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/860855087165571073
totally legit though, I sware

e:
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/860976103908925440

Bonfire Lit fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 7, 2017

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i love that they're so compromised they can't even say "russian" :allears:

IT MIGHT BE THOSE PESKY UKRANIANS YOU DON'T KNOW!!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

You know those mobile electronic warning signs they use to tell drivers about road detours?

Well, I think there was talk about this before - those things have an interface on the device that's password protected - but nobody ever bothers to set up a password because who would ever want to hack those, right?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quite rightly so, not like people couldn't also set them on fire, or spraypaint whatever message they wanted onto them, etc.

a password doesn't hurt, but if people go around messing with stuff in the public space it is a social problem, not a technological one

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

quite rightly so, not like people couldn't also set them on fire, or spraypaint whatever message they wanted onto them, etc.

a password doesn't hurt, but if people go around messing with stuff in the public space it is a social problem, not a technological one

Right but keeping the default password is the difference between some guy stopping with his hazards inconspicuously taking 15 seconds to change the sign and doing something that would clearly seem suspicious to passers-by.

It's the same principle as home security. Door locks are't going to keep a determined intruder (like a state actor) out, but they can make it so that the intruder makes a hell of a racket. Default password is like leaving the door unlocked.

You just want to keep the idiot teens and opportunists out.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 7, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The developers of open source video transcoder app Handbrake have issued a security warning to Mac users after a mirror download server hosting the software was hacked.

The alert was issued on Saturday after it was discovered that the original HandBrake-1.0.7.dmg installer file on mirror server download.handbrake.fr had been replaced by a malicious file.

The affected server has been shut down for investigation, but developers are warning that users who downloaded the software from the server between 14:30 UTC May 2 and 11:00 UTC May 6 have a 50/50 chance of their system being infected by a trojan. "If you see a process called 'Activity_agent' in the OS X Activity Monitor application, you are infected," read the alert.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
but macos doesn't have viruses???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:colbert:it's not a virus:colbert:

• Locked thread