Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The only goon wrestler I remember was the one trained by a Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I was trained briefly by a very large juggalo but really just wanted to do manager/promo stuff, then I hosed my neck up taking a flapjack wrong

that's my cool wrestling school story

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Lone Goat posted:

Were any of these guys Beer Suitcase? I think that guy trained.

I wasn't trained well.

In fact the guy who ran the promotion moved to Georgia started a fed there then had it shut down because of a "Kids Camp" where they taught kids under 12 how to bump and had them work matches on the show at the end of the week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's just called a lucha promotion

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I was trained briefly by a very large juggalo but really just wanted to do manager/promo stuff, then I hosed my neck up taking a flapjack wrong

that's my cool wrestling school story

I hosed up my neck twice doing rolls, once it just gave out during a back handstand roll and it turned out to be whiplash. Second time I accidentally ddt'd my head in doing a standard roll in the ring, gave myself a minor version of what kurt angle has.
Still have some nerve damage from affecting my left arm but still going at it.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

FunMerrania posted:

I hosed up my neck twice doing rolls, once it just gave out during a back handstand roll and it turned out to be whiplash. Second time I accidentally ddt'd my head in doing a standard roll in the ring, gave myself a minor version of what kurt angle has.
Still have some nerve damage from affecting my left arm but still going at it.

Honestly, I wish I still was.

By the time I got over how god drat scared I was, said juggalo had packed up his ring and disappeared, and there's not another wrestling thing within five counties of here. I didn't get to do much, but, man... even cutting a promo for like eight people felt loving amazing. I wish I didn't live in a barren shithole.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I trained at the inoki dojo for like a year and a half and school of hard knocks for about 3 months. I didn't get any lasting injuries and I really loved it, but I started wondering about my long term health and realized it probably wasn't for me.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/NoelleFoley/status/857727062236442624

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I got to train for a month at an indie in Zephyrhills, FL before I went away to college. A friend and I did it once a week before their show and then got to referee the matches each week. It ruled. We got to take some bumps in some matches and I got thrown out of the ring onto the floor once which apparently looked like death because the wrestlers kept asking if I was okay.

If I hadn't gone away to college who knows where I'd be now. It was a ton of fun.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Is Nick Lovin still alive

I think he's mostly been doing commentary with the same promotion he was with when he posted. The odd match here and there - a battle royale recently, a hardcore match last year.

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
I trained with UPW and OVW and then worked a bunch for a while.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

In The Bushes posted:

I trained with UPW and OVW and then worked a bunch for a while.

you haven't retired yet john

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I train with a UK promotion called EWW it's great fun despite the fact I'm really really poo poo, I take bumps well but I suck at putting on freestyle matches.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I work at a gym in Orlando where I actually do most of the training

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
i worked in xfw out of sacramento for about ~6 months in 2003 but my mom started getting mad because i kept ruining the bed.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone still updating the initial list of Goons on Twitter? I finally broke down and got an account with my lovely screen name.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rodney the Piper posted:

Is anyone still updating the initial list of Goons on Twitter? I finally broke down and got an account with my lovely screen name.

follow @coconono for death threats, butt pics and ramblings while high as balls

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm currently training a bunch of students under my ring name, Colby Lopez.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I am available for bookings. Pay travel, food, hotel and I dunno.... $1500 bucks.

Polaroids are $10, selfies with your own phone is $5

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm currently training a bunch of students under my ring name, Colby Lopez.

nice dick

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

coconono posted:

oh cool like 200 political tweets before a single butt

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Already am, haven't been threatened yet, does not deliver.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah I learned like 3 years ago that if you follow coco be prepared for lots of body parts. I think he's the only sexual deviant, though. I mean the only out one.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I am available for bookings. Pay travel, food, hotel and I dunno.... $1500 bucks.

Polaroids are $10, selfies with your own phone is $5

I am also available for bookings under my ring name, Johnny No-Show. Basically, you pay $1000 up front (in cash, none of this plane ticket nonsense), and then I don't show up to your event, but keep the cash.

For an extra $500, I will record a grainy phone promo saying why your lovely town isn't good enough for Johnny No-Show's talents, which you can play in lieu of a main event.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

I am also available for bookings under my ring name, Johnny No-Show. Basically, you pay $1000 up front (in cash, none of this plane ticket nonsense), and then I don't show up to your event, but keep the cash.

For an extra $500, I will record a grainy phone promo saying why your lovely town isn't good enough for Johnny No-Show's talents, which you can play in lieu of a main event.

Lol this would be a pretty funny gimmick tbh.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Del Rio has been using that gimmick for a while

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/JorgeGCRR/status/860741371220701184

yeah ok, that's a move.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That's not a meltzer driver at all!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
That's closer to what low ki and homicide used to do

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Top heeling

https://twitter.com/alexabliss_wwe/status/860964139702919168

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best was when Fandango was singing that song about his vest to a very confused Cesaro in the international broadcasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZY2z-cZ4E

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Titus isn't even wearing pants

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Clap clap clap clap

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I guess Karen Jarrett is also tired of the rovert-centric discussions.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/WWERobinson/status/861284301320704001

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I think somebody needs a hug. :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ahh ahaha hahahahahhahah

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm also a belligerent drunk, Karen.

I'm just not, you know, always drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

I think somebody needs a hug. :(

I would pay double the current network rate if they had alternate audio with workers giving their thoughts on other people's matches, or their own matches, or w/e