Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

Like anyone could beat Goku at anything remotely competitive.

I bet I could beat Goku at Street Fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rutibex posted:

I bet I could beat Goku at Street Fighter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqt_MzUQ20M

I dunno, he looks pretty good at it.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
The new episode synopsis is pretty interesting if it's real.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Shards of Fate posted:

The new episode synopsis is pretty interesting if it's real.

and what is that synopsis?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

and what is that synopsis?

he doesnt want to post spoilers

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If it's what I'm reading elsewhere, it goes along with the idea that our lineup might not be final despite the opening.

Also it's dumb

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Gee Cabba, your God of Destruction lets you have TWO Saiyan girls? Because Kale and Cauli confirmed to be separate people!

Also drat, that was a fun episode even if Tien got beaten fairly quickly. Roshi is great, Yurin was an interesting character with an unfortunate name (at least she didn't cause another Frito), overall fun times.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That was a pretty good little stand-alone episode. Seeing Goku get excited about how strong everyone is has been really nice, makes things feel less Goku-and-Vegeta-centric which I've been hoping to see for a while now.

Next ep should be really solid too.

And it's pretty cool that Cabba seems to be getting two new saiyan girls on his team instead of just one. I guess Toriyama finally listened to the fan demand for female super saiyans, bodes well for Pan and Bra later if we see them grow up some.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If you want to discuss a thing they frigging post it, don't go "Oh this thing is interesting!" *no details*

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'm just banging on the table chanting "More lady fighters!" over and over.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hope next episode delivers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fuego Fish posted:

I'm just banging on the table chanting "More lady fighters!" over and over.

Goku should have invited witch lady. If she can hypnotize Roshi she could hypnotize lots of other fighters in the tournament.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
No weapons allowed. Those brands probably count.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Beerus has to regretting the whole "ordering Frieza to eradicate the Saiyans" thing by now

tho I suppose hes regretting a lot of things

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Beerus has to regretting the whole "ordering Frieza to eradicate the Saiyans" thing by now

tho I suppose hes regretting a lot of things

To be fair it doesn't seem like the U6 Saiyans were doing so hot on their own. They didn't figure out Super Saiyan until Vegeta showed it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Yurin was an interesting character with an unfortunate name
Finally, the Gundam AGE crossover we've all been waiting for.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair it doesn't seem like the U6 Saiyans were doing so hot on their own. They didn't figure out Super Saiyan until Vegeta showed it.

I figure they made up for it with things like teamwork though, and not making stupid decisions that make the bad guys stronger literally every drat time they fight someone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Saiyans must lead really easy lives if none of them ever got upset enough to go super before being showed how. It seems pretty trivial to do once you know it, if Frieza hadn't destroyed them they all would have all learned it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The episode was vintage pervert Roshi. I'm a fan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow that episode didn't do a whole lot to make Tien seem worthy, did it?

Come to think of it, didn't the kai from Champa's universe say those metal robo-dudes existed in Goku's universe somewhere? Haul one of those guys in.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

The episode was vintage pervert Roshi. I'm a fan.

If this was classic Dragonball we would have got to see the panties too :(

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Anyone else get the feeling Goku is going to win the tournament then wish for the other universes to not get blown up?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dipwood posted:

Anyone else get the feeling Goku is going to win the tournament then wish for the other universes to not get blown up?

he cant, hes gotta wish everyone on his team gets 100 million zeni so his cover isnt blown

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

he cant, hes gotta wish everyone on his team gets 100 million zeni so his cover isnt blown
He promised King Kai his next wish would be to revive him :(

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

He'll just get Bulma to fork over the cash.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dipwood posted:

How exactly is it going to be decided who gets the wish? Its a team battle, what if multiple team members from the winning universe remain, do they have to fight each other for the wish?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The first wish will obviously be to grant every member of the winning team a wish.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really liked the music that played when Goku talked with Oolong on Roshi's island. It was a slowed down version of the current opening, it was a super chill song to listen to

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I mostly enjoyed this episode but Roshi seriously needs to stop sexually harassing women. As much as I appreciate his character, THAT is a part of him i have the most difficulty accepting and instead want to give him multiple kicks to the nards.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rutibex posted:

Saiyans must lead really easy lives if none of them ever got upset enough to go super before being showed how. It seems pretty trivial to do once you know it, if Frieza hadn't destroyed them they all would have all learned it.

Cabba has been stated to be the strongest Saiyan in that universe so far so its not that out there.

Besides, the same problem has always existed for the universe 7 Saiyans, especially when Goten and Trunks went Super with seemingly no effort or reason at all while they were still kids.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lupus Rufus posted:

I mostly enjoyed this episode but Roshi seriously needs to stop sexually harassing women. As much as I appreciate his character, THAT is a part of him i have the most difficulty accepting and instead want to give him multiple kicks to the nards.

yeah this is an aspect of roshi thats best played down and/or left in the past entirely

it getting so much focus this episode was kind of weird and wasnt super creative or interesting either. just kind of tired old jokes

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It took 30 years but Goku finally had a rematch against Jackie Chun. :unsmith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Lupus Rufus posted:

It was classic form and I was fine with it right up until he actively started trying to feel her up/steal her underwear. Then it got weird.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

PMush Perfect posted:

It was classic form and I was fine with it right up until he actively started trying to feel her up/steal her underwear. Then it got weird.

i mean, the perving and the straight up assaulting are kind of both classic Roshi, and being a martial arts master and also possibly immortal (right?), he really needs to quit it. Like, forever.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's a shame because I think this ep could've been pretty cool, but Roshi had to go and Roshi it up.

Also uh. for Tien's Big Comeback he really didn't do anything. gently caress, Chaiotzu contributed more than he did this ep. That new girl feels like she would contribute more than he can.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Raxivace posted:

Finally, the Gundam AGE crossover we've all been waiting for.

Hope this didn't result in any Space Hitlers this time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Either they're building something big up for Tien, or some one really does not like him at Toei.

Mind it makes sense what happened with him here. He was holding back, and Roshi got him with that one special attack that as far as anyone knows is pretty much unbeatable- turning your own Ki into electricity against you. Remember, Goku only got out of it due to transforming into a giant ape.

Why Goku never picked THAT power up, who knows

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lupus Rufus posted:

get ready to be disappointed when roshi's one big moment in the tourney is perving out on girl broly so much that she quits or intentionally ring-outs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That would be insanely uncomfortable to watch, but DBZ as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Brother Entropy posted:

get ready to be disappointed when roshi's one big moment in the tourney is perving out on girl broly so much that she quits or intentionally ring-outs

I've literally called this as being what's going to happen for at least a month and until it 100% doesn't happen I will continue to believe it's what will happen

• Locked thread