Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Kelp Me! posted:

It was some serious future-serial-killer poo poo too IIRC

I can't look at innocent little drawings of fairies without remembering that horrible poo poo. Not that I made a habit of doing so, but it's a jarring thing to have to think about in the middle of a bookstore or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I notice Elsa has been trying to play off their reputation ironically or whatever, make it a joke. But I haven't seen anyone fooled yet.

So what was so sexy about those pajamas?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I notice Elsa has been trying to play off their reputation ironically or whatever, make it a joke. But I haven't seen anyone fooled yet.

I was in them :smug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Troposphere posted:

I was in them :smug:

:drat:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I really wish that the forums had the feature that the app does, where you can just not show posts by ignored users at all. Just not even know they posted. It's great.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

A bunch of idiots are going to quote them anyway

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I remember when this forum allowed some fuckin' weirdo to sell naked drawings of dead people in space. I felt like I was going insane because everyone was fawning over his creepy rear end artwork

I'm half remembering this. Details?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's kind of the best of both worlds, though. When someone I'm ignoring says something really crazy, I still get to see it, but if they are just generally shitposting and no one is engaging them, I don't have to.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Still saves on scrolling. I'm not a kid anymore. My scrolls per minute (spm) are slipping, and any advantage helps in pro-fourmsing

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Is there a link to the Minecraft fairies thing? I don't know that one.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Using the ignore button should shadow ban the coward that did if

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well I'm glad I got that one in before any such rule is implemented :mmmhmm:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

your friend a dog posted:

Using the ignore button should shadow ban the coward that did if

I'm gonna quote since you seem like someone that gets put on a lot of ignore lists. Don't want anyone to miss your saltiness.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

flosofl posted:

I'm gonna quote since you seem like someone that gets put on a lot of ignore lists. Don't want anyone to miss your saltiness.

lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Is there a link to the Minecraft fairies thing? I don't know that one.
I'm just going to plagiarise my summary of it earlier in the thread:

OddOne posted:

Thanks to NOW, I now have a glass-block chamber full of about twenty fairies. Since I literally wrote the book on how to torment fairies, I've been performing various experiments on them. But, alas, I have more of them than experiments given Minecraft's limited toolset in that area, so I'm open to suggestions on what to do with the survivors, ahem, remainder.

I can say that they despawn when out-of-sight unless given a headband of flowers, stay spawned if headbanded as long as you stay within the 81-block mob management radius of Minrcraft, and make a lot of very annoying noises when in close proximity. Also, setting the queen on fire and letting her die that way makes it far easier to capture her flock of groupies.

Finally, I found that replacing fairies' pain and death sounds with actual scream sounds makes for a far creepier experience when, say, setting them on fire with a flint and steel. (If anyone wants those I might bundle 'em for download.)

I've head tell that some consider me heartless. Not sure where they get that idea...

OddOne posted:

Never would've pegged SA as prudish on literature. Oh well.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

flosofl posted:

Ugh, I would have preferred missing the saltiness.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghostlight posted:

If I were the kind of man to drink alone, this would get me started. :smithicide:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They looked really comfy

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I remember when this forum allowed some fuckin' weirdo to sell naked drawings of dead people in space. I felt like I was going insane because everyone was fawning over his creepy rear end artwork

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm half remembering this. Details?

:nws:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670826

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I remember those. They're kinda weird, but I don't think they are like, crazy creepy gross or anything.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh... yeah that jogs the memory.

Imagine walking into someone's house and seeing that on the walls.

E: I guess creepy is in the eye of the beholder.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I was thinking I hadn't seen any posts from Wickedhate in awhile and she apparently ate a permaban after managing to go almost six months without a prob/ban.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The best thing about the crazy fairy torturer was how it came out of nowhere and accelerated from 0-100 in about half a page. Just WHY

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

TTerrible posted:

The best thing about the crazy fairy torturer was how it came out of nowhere and accelerated from 0-100 in about half a page. Just WHY

Wait, did it escalate from 'I replaced the sounds with real life screaming'?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Who What Now posted:

They looked really comfy

they're my fave pair

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh... yeah that jogs the memory.

Imagine walking into someone's house and seeing that on the walls.

E: I guess creepy is in the eye of the beholder.

yeah, but there is plenty of classical art the falls into this category also.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Snak posted:

I remember those. They're kinda weird, but I don't think they are like, crazy creepy gross or anything.

If "getting horny from sexy babes dying in space while lovingly describing the exact forms of damage happening to their nude bodies" doesn't register to you as creepy gross I'd hate to see what does.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Wait, did it escalate from 'I replaced the sounds with real life screaming'?

I read the entire (I think linked?) story, because I hate myself. I'm not normally squeamish, but it seriously creeped me out. He was just so gleefully describing all these terrible things, and you could tell he'd just spent so many sweaty, one-handed hours dreaming them up, writing about them, and painstakingly recreating them in a goddamn all-ages video game

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If "getting horny from sexy babes dying in space while lovingly describing the exact forms of damage happening to their nude bodies" doesn't register to you as creepy gross I'd hate to see what does.

Luckily there was sexy dudes too so it's just fine.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I'm just talking about the pictures. Yes, there's more going on there, and it's definitely a little off.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I learned early on, never click blind links. Click described links even less.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

flosofl posted:

not rly but its nice of you to let everyone know ur a lil bitch

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

🙄

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna be like "holy poo poo, someone who joined this mess in 2016!?" but then I realized they are probably just a rereg.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:thumbsup:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

A Spider Covets posted:

I have so many questions and I just know I'm not going to like the answers when I get a chance to read them lol

The answer to all of your questions is that all artists are perverts and some of them are just a bit better at hiding it than others.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In space no one can hear you getting pantsed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Ghostlight posted:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this is the one of the most try-hard posts i've read in a while so i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you came from gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I will take the lovely but wtf strange naked space corpses art any day over that one robot girl upskirt from the digital art thread. That loving upskirt haunts me.
Also only now have I noticed that all the space ladies are wearing underwear but the guys never are?

Still, drawing an 1) UPSKIRT of a 2) ROBOT has given me horrors to ponder for years to come.