Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I'm finally getting over being sick for the last 4 days.
What have I done in that time?
Zelda.
Playing with the Joycons detached while laying in bed is something I never knew I always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sam Faust posted:

A bit more seriously.

Are you ready? Now let's take up arms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsw0EiPLggU

At 1:45 that right hook to knock the other player in to their (slightly delayed) left jab. :aaa:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms needs a demo im skeptical but open minded

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Just think of it as a remade Virtua-On

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

More games need demos.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Gundam vs is on ps4 this year

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

Gundam vs is on ps4 this year

Yeah and it looks rad as gently caress. It's even coming overseas!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Beastie posted:

It's magical. It never ceases to amaze me, and to think it's only going to get better. Every time I undock it I feel the power.

The Nintendo Power.

:same: except I never dock it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Being able to take your Switch to someone else's place and drop it right in their hub is sweet.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

Being able to take your Switch to someone else's place and drop it right in their hub is sweet.

that's a weird way to say rear end

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a.lo posted:

that's a weird way to say rear end

Please don't cut your Switch, they're expensive :ohdear:.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Real hurthling! posted:

Arms is to fighting games as Splatoon is to shooters

Nintendo does it again

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

But we already had Punch Out. Splats was at least covering an until then under utilized genre.

Arms has a little bit to prove before it becomes anything more than a cave-in buy like Kart Deluxe was.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

So I left my switch in the hub for a couple days after it ran out of battery before I realized that it wasn't actually plugged in, so I plugged it in and tried to charge it, but for about 12 hours it just wouldn't charge. When I woke up this morning I took the cord and plugged it into a different outlet and left it plugged in while I went to work, and when I came back it said it was all charged but I played for about 10 minutes before it yelled at me to plug it back in. I plugged it back in for a few more hours and I unplugged it about 10 minutes ago and it's already 70% drained. What's going on with my battery?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Crawfish posted:

But we already had Punch Out. Splats was at least covering an until then under utilized genre.

Arms has a little bit to prove before it becomes anything more than a cave-in buy like Kart Deluxe was.

Punch Out isn't a fighting game though, its a rhythm game. This has some punch out style elements, but its really more of a fighting game, just Nintendo-ized.

There's no grabs in punch out, there's no rock-paper-scissors, no mixups. Punch out is just strictly you vs the rhythm of each opponent.

I guess you mean the Wii Punch Out boxing thing? But eh, that was awkward motion controls. This is way deeper.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

An HD remake of that would be pretty amazing with the kind of controls you could setup for a pair of joycons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Amazon's having a ridiculous sale on the Orzly tempered glass.

https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Prote...ly+switch&psc=1

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The Japanese pro gamers playing Arms and how easy it is for me to follow the action as well as the fun character designs sold me on ARMS, along with the dev team makeup. Nintendo really needs to shift into marketing mode soon for this game though, although switch lack of games will probably sell it decently enough. I'm all for a new fun IP anyways, even if I miss Metroid.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm curious how non-motion controls will work with Arms. It looks cool though.

Getting the amiibo exclusive items in BOTW is the stupidest thing. It's annoying even if you have all the amiibo due to it being random and you can only scan each amiibo once a day.

They should have made it so scanning them puts the chests with the unique stuff somewhere in the world that would make most sense for that corresponding item.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

C-SPAN Caller posted:

The Japanese pro gamers playing Arms and how easy it is for me to follow the action as well as the fun character designs sold me on ARMS, along with the dev team makeup. Nintendo really needs to shift into marketing mode soon for this game though, although switch lack of games will probably sell it decently enough. I'm all for a new fun IP anyways, even if I miss Metroid.

Unfortunately it's out June 16th, and we're now in the radio-silent stretch where everyone is holding onto their announcements for e3 at the end of the month.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do you guys have an alternate goon friend account or what? I've got my mii that started on the wii and has been transferred through the years so it's just my first name and it feel weird to use that online, but also weird to have my Nintendo account be some screenname.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can change your name to be whatever you want.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Amazon's having a ridiculous sale on the Orzly tempered glass.

https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Prote...ly+switch&psc=1

Is there any real difference between this and the amFilm one people keep posting about?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I took my Switch to a Honda service center yesterday to get my 2016 Honda Civic an oil change and whatever and I brought along my Switch. I was playing around Mario Kart when a girl (and I guess her boyfriend) was wondering what I was playing. I told her that I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I was also going back and forth with Zelda. She seemed interested enough that you basically take something as gorgeous as Mario Kart on the go. The great thing about the Switch too is that is comes with two controllers. I asked her if she wanted to "Mario Kart" and she nodded. Granted it was not the most comfortable experience but we were both smiling and having a good time (made me think about getting some joycon accessories to make them more comfy) anyways I told her if you ever want to Mario Kart up again I gave her my friend code.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there any real difference between this and the amFilm one people keep posting about?

Dunno, this is the one I see people speaking highly of though.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Cojawfee posted:

More games need demos.

I wasnt going to buy blaster master 0 but the demo made me like it. Anyone know how long it is?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hace posted:

I wasnt going to buy blaster master 0 but the demo made me like it. Anyone know how long it is?

Like 6 hours. Some DLC just dropped with a new hard mode and a character that plays pretty differently.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

a.lo posted:

I took my Switch to a Honda service center yesterday to get my 2016 Honda Civic an oil change and whatever and I brought along my Switch. I was playing around Mario Kart when a girl (and I guess her boyfriend) was wondering what I was playing. I told her that I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I was also going back and forth with Zelda. She seemed interested enough that you basically take something as gorgeous as Mario Kart on the go. The great thing about the Switch too is that is comes with two controllers. I asked her if she wanted to "Mario Kart" and she nodded. Granted it was not the most comfortable experience but we were both smiling and having a good time (made me think about getting some joycon accessories to make them more comfy) anyways I told her if you ever want to Mario Kart up again I gave her my friend code.

Is this what sex is?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Millions posted:

Is this what sex is?

So I've heard.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've never played Blaster Master, so I watched videos of BM0 to see what the hype was about and now I wish I could actually find a Switch :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

I've never played Blaster Master, so I watched videos of BM0 to see what the hype was about and now I wish I could actually find a Switch :(

It's on 3DS too if you have one of those and don't want to wait.:)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

a.lo posted:

What's friend code a euphemism for in this

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

So I left my switch in the hub for a couple days after it ran out of battery before I realized that it wasn't actually plugged in, so I plugged it in and tried to charge it, but for about 12 hours it just wouldn't charge. When I woke up this morning I took the cord and plugged it into a different outlet and left it plugged in while I went to work, and when I came back it said it was all charged but I played for about 10 minutes before it yelled at me to plug it back in. I plugged it back in for a few more hours and I unplugged it about 10 minutes ago and it's already 70% drained. What's going on with my battery?

Probably nothing. Keep it running, it will reach it's lowest battery point (allegedly) and still go for several hours. Keep it on until it's dead, then charge it again. It's just out of whack.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why are joy-cons so expensive? I'm having some people over this weekend and I'd like to have enough for everyone to play Mario Kart, but it looks like even some legit retailers are charging over 100 a pair?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why are joy-cons so expensive? I'm having some people over this weekend and I'd like to have enough for everyone to play Mario Kart, but it looks like even some legit retailers are charging over 100 a pair?

That's not right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Each of them is basically a WiiMote Mk.2, fancy motion-tracking, rumble and all. The Wiimotes alone went for about $60-70 a pop, so two for $110 is technically a pretty decent price.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

They're $80 USD for a pair, if you're paying more than that you're better off looking elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure joycons are one of the few things that there's never really been a shortage of

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Each of them is basically a WiiMote Mk.2, fancy motion-tracking, rumble and all. The Wiimotes alone went for about $60-70 a pop, so two for $110 is technically a pretty decent price.

I think the wii remote itself was $40 and the nunchuck (or classic controller) was $20.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stan Taylor posted:

I think the wii remote itself was $40 and the nunchuck (or classic controller) was $20.

Sorry, I meant in Aussie prices :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

a.lo posted:

Did she touch your dingaling

• Locked thread