Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

E: not gdt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This guy understands what it will take to break the Washington DC sports curse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I saw that too, funny but unhelpful because Snyder is the team owner. Those guys don't get fired.

edit - also some old lady in a pens jersey doing knitting behind one of the benches

xzzy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 7, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Two wins to go

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps aren't just going to lose in 5 y'all. Looking forward to more of PAS complaining about other people's complaining.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

Caps aren't just going to lose in 5 y'all. Looking forward to more of PAS complaining about other people's complaining.

It's hard being king

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Chad Sexington posted:

🤔

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

(That GIF of the guy almost reacting but thinking better of it.)

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
This one?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is exactly as far as the Caps got last season, will history repeat?

Yes. :suicide:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

This is exactly as far as the Caps got last season, will history repeat?

Yes. :suicide:

i think you mean "as far as the caps have gone in five of the past nine seasons."

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Gio posted:

i think you mean "as far as the caps have gone in five of the past nine seasons."

well specifically the caps went down 3-1 to the penguins last year then won game 5 at home to force a game 6 then lost anyway. that's what he meant

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Caps remembered they can score goals.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

I'm afraid this is the beginning of the MAF playoffs meltdown. I hope the D decides to show up next game. The boys got sloppy during this one.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Neitherman posted:

I'm afraid this is the beginning of the MAF playoffs meltdown. I hope the D decides to show up next game. The boys got sloppy during this one.

He was fine. The Backstrom goal is the only one I really thought he should have had.

I think the Caps will advance if they win game 6, but that's a tall task given the Pens are pretty damned good at home.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If you aren't willing to stick a fork in them then save your screed

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

romanowski posted:

well specifically the caps went down 3-1 to the penguins last year then won game 5 at home to force a game 6 then lost anyway. that's what he meant

i know

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
With the exception of wavering goaltending, Caps/Pens have been playing some really high intensity hockey. If Washington doesn't beat them and Crosby stays healthy, I don't see anyone remaining beating Pittsburgh though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ginette Reno posted:

I think the Caps will advance if...

Let me stop you right there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ginette Reno posted:

He was fine. The Backstrom goal is the only one I really thought he should have had.

I think the Caps will advance if they win game 6, but that's a tall task given the Pens are pretty damned good at home.
I feel like things are going to bounce the Caps way for the next two games if nothing else for the totally hilarious "Pens blew a 3-1 lead" memes

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pens fans are the worst. Your team is still by far the favourite to win the Cup and it would literally take a miracle for any of the remaining teams to beat them.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
so how late game tying goals has Staal been out for this playoffs

god I really hate his stupid loving face these days

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Gio posted:

i know

i don't think you do

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

romanowski posted:

i don't think you do

i do. trust me, im an expert.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Pens fans are the worst. Your team is still by far the favourite to win the Cup and it would literally take a miracle for any of the remaining teams to beat them.

Nobody has said otherwise?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel like things are going to bounce the Caps way for the next two games if nothing else for the totally hilarious "Pens blew a 3-1 lead" memes

It's not as funny when we're the reigning champs anyways. It's like kicking Blackhawks fans when they're done. They still kinda got one over on us with the whole 3 Cups thing.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

THE MACHO MAN posted:

so how late game tying goals has Staal been out for this playoffs

god I really hate his stupid loving face these days

i think he is probably worse than girardi right now (although girardi does have the benefit of playing next to mcdonagh)

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I remember Marc Staal, stud defensemen. Play long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Captain Internet posted:

I remember Marc Staal, stud defensemen. Play long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I too remember when people didn't know what corsi is

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Before corsi era: Justin schultz is bad
After corsi era: Justin schultz is good

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ginette Reno posted:

It's not as funny when we're the reigning champs anyways. It's like kicking Blackhawks fans when they're done. They still kinda got one over on us with the whole 3 Cups thing.
Hey at least we can always hold the moral high ground, especially for me because at least the Penguins are the only non rapist having Pittsburgh professional sports team. The only immoral thing about the team is Malkin is probably a Putin apologist, but Ovi is friends with that gremlin so its a push.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Probably has nothing to do with his career best year and 50+ points in the regular season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

Hey at least we can always hold the moral high ground, especially for me because at least the Penguins are the only non rapist having Pittsburgh professional sports team. The only immoral thing about the team is Malkin is probably a Putin apologist, but Ovi is friends with that gremlin so its a push.

Not with players at least but apparently even the fans are doing it now: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.81ddfa244c13

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Since Luongo has kind of yielded the funny goalie throne, I'm glad MAF is carrying the torch.

https://streamable.com/3u5c9

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
All goalies are more than a little crazy

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
A goalie wants the puck not to go in more than any shooter in the world ever wants it to go in. And every game they have to deal with 30 of these mini life and death moments.

It makes you go a little crazy.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I wonder, if he accidentally thanks the wrong post, do the other posts get jealous and not give him the bounce next time?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Schlesische posted:

I wonder, if he accidentally thanks the wrong post, do the other posts get jealous and not give him the bounce next time?

Lefty, Righty, and Crossy are all very sensitive to that sort of thing. MAF is careful not to pass false praise unto the undeserving.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

hifi posted:

Before corsi era: Justin schultz is bad
After corsi era: Justin schultz is good

Justin Schultz has only existed in the Corsi era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I hate advanced stats. Some of them are good (such as WHIP and OPS for baseball), but most of them are for the stats (and fantasy) nerds to circle jerk over because gently caress intangibles, I guess.

*INSERT OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUD PIC HERE*

• Locked thread