Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I didn't know MJ's rings were fading in and out of existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

lebrons greatest nemesis is a mythical MJ who never existed and whose deeds and abilities are constantly changed just to malign Him imo

alas, we will never know for sure if lebron could beat the monstars in their prime

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This era's Monstars would surely be more formidable than the Jordan-era Monstars.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

zoux posted:

This era's Monstars would surely be more formidable than the Jordan-era Monstars.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

is lebron's greatest nemesis the warriors, the spurs or the celtics?

The Orlando Magic

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

Brown is probably not ready to start on a team trying to have the best record in the league yet and if they play Fultz heavy minutes, they'll lose games because of it just because that's how it works. Although maybe the Celtics can decide to be willing to maybe give up a high seed next year to develop for the future.

Probably. They have a really interesting set of choices in the next year given their cap situation and the contracts of Smart/Bradley/IT all finishing after next season.

I do think Brown could be a decent starter on playoff team after another summer+season of development, especially in the context of a starting 4 of IT, George, Crowder, and Horford surrounding him.

His three really came around after the ASG with the exception of a bad week or two. He's a decent defender who will only get better with experience; he certainly looked lost at times, but he's smart enough that he wasn't making the same mistakes at the end of the season. Great size+athleticism; no ego issues.

I think he's a great example of a player whose development was well-served by going to a playoff team. I can't help but recall what the Sixers tried to do with Iguodala and think a lottery team would have done the same with Brown.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I bet Lebron could beat godzilla in a one on one

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

His three really came around after the ASG with the exception of a bad week or two.

That's about a 60 shot sample size

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

The Monstar that takes Draymond's essence suddenly loses control of his limbs when on the court and is confused and scared

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kevin durant monstar switches teams at halftime

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

That's about a 60 shot sample size

66/25= ~2.7 attempts per game post-ASG and on the season 2.6 attempts per 36 minutes.

It's not a great sample size, but I'm not sure how many more shots were available considering how many Celtics players shoot the three.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im pretty sure hes saying 60 shots arbitrarily picked in a dudes rookie season are probably not a great predictor

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ghost Dog posted:

kevin durant monstar switches teams at halftime

Monstars as the underdogs, interesting twist

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

im pretty sure hes saying 60 shots arbitrarily picked in a dudes rookie season are probably not a great predictor

It's better than if he had shot those 60 shots horribly, so, in my opinion, Jaylen Brown is an all-star next year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

The real homer in me wanted to say that the Celtics ended Lebron's first Cavs era

Lol. I actually think this isn't a homer thing to say at all and agree. There is even video evidence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v7kdt2Bxw
Weird seeing LeBron with hair that thick.

Shear Modulus posted:

Dan Gilbert

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I bet Lebron could beat godzilla in a one on one

nah

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/860877061665239041

Vince Rules

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Big Z is the greatest Lithuanian to have ever graced the NBA!!!

Arvydas Sabonis you ignorant motherfucker

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Sabonis is like #6 on the list, behind Big Z and the skeletons dunking on a tie dye t-shirt

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Actually bump him to 7 I forgot about Sarunas Marciulionis

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sabonis is like #6 on the list, behind Big Z and the skeletons dunking on a tie dye t-shirt

Look at this folks, look at what too much exposure to Austin Carr will do to your children.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Papercut posted:

Domantas Sabonis you ignorant motherfucker

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Actually bump him to 7 I forgot about Sarunas Marciulionis

I loved that man

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

I believe....

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/861068430509711360

:laffo:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm going to dust off that old fugazi line and apply it to Kevin Durant

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Deyonta looked so sad when he fell all the way to the second. He should've stayed in school another year, but I'm glad he's being treated well.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Lol. I actually think this isn't a homer thing to say at all and agree. There is even video evidence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v7kdt2Bxw
Weird seeing LeBron with hair that thick.

Dan Gilbert

:hfive:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's the word on Steve Kerr? I don't give a poo poo about him coaching, spinal surgery complications lead to things like him not being able to walk without pain, or like, at all.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's the word on Steve Kerr? I don't give a poo poo about him coaching, spinal surgery complications lead to things like him not being able to walk without pain, or like, at all.

He's getting treatment at Duke. We'll see what happens after that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is the funniest thing the Raptors have done in a while.
https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/status/860670943605207040

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://streamable.com/xfhqp

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

That's my favorite shirt that I own

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Frankly, Lithuania needs to change its flag to be that shirt, as the shirt as a whole is the greatest thing to come from Lithuania.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

That's my favorite shirt that I own

Nick does indeed own this shirt. I seens it. It rules more than I thought knew it would.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Male-pattern hair loss

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Menstrual Show posted:

Male-pattern hair loss

Father Time's drinking buddy.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spacebump posted:

This is the funniest thing the Raptors have done in a while.
https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/status/860670943605207040

but we need his power.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

warcrimes posted:

I loved that man

:hfive:

• Locked thread