Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SirPhoebos posted:

Someone said that the spoiler rule came from Drakengard, so I'm going back and reading the thread itself.

I wonder if people ignored it as much back then as they do now

also cool, aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

This is so freaking cute! :kimchi:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chokes McGee posted:

*reads 6O dialogue lines*

Who the gently caress put powerball in charge of our killbot goobers?

I hate you so much.

Also, will be following this. Finished the game, going to see how much poo poo I ended up missing, like that stupid bunker quest that if you blinked you'd miss it.

And maybe that'll motivate me to actually 100% it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

You use the word "headcanon" unironically.

if he had said it was his interpretation, would that be less offensive? coming up with explanations for things left unexplained is a natural part of interacting with media, also could i make that sentence any nerdier wow

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

if he had said it was his interpretation, would that be less offensive? coming up with explanations for things left unexplained is a natural part of interacting with media, also could i make that sentence any nerdier wow

You probably could've made it more nerdier, yes.

I think though that interpretation is less offensive yes. Headcannon has something of a negative connotation likely due to the some of the people do often use it for less of their interpretation of events and more of what they fantasize happens behind/before/after the presented scenes in a story.

I'm drunk and this is my first post since I think Drakengard 3 thread. But possibly even earlier? Iunno not going to check (E; I checked...I can't check without paying, so I'm not going to check). TDI, keep up the beautiful work. One of these days I'll finish reading D3 in the archive (have read D1 and Nier)

Not A Gay Name fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 7, 2017

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Skylight posted:

This is so freaking cute! :kimchi:

And to maintain the Drakenier theme they had a guy dressed as a golem drop a big hollow styrofoam fist on her.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Because it is relevant to this, a recent enough update and also because I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of fanart so far, I drew some of the villagers:

Goofy li'l tin cans :3:

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Elkyrie posted:

Because it is relevant to this, a recent enough update and also because I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of fanart so far, I drew some of the villagers:

Goofy li'l tin cans :3:

Okay this is really good.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

WRONG THREAD!

Veotax fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 7, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Got a sneaking suspicion this wasn't the thread you thought you were in

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I knew having a million tabs open in Chrome would be my downfall one day

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

beep boop emotions are prohibited

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Drakengard thread reread, part 1: After the first few chapters, the thing that confuses the thread most is what's going on with Angelus' horns. One goon (Sejs Cube) thought it looked like a chef's hat.

Also it seems like a lot of the early responders were familiar with the game, though most gave up on the weapon acquisition part. A common post is "Y-your not going to 100% this, are you? :ohdear:"

EDIT: also, someone spoiled the Grotesques on page 2

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 7, 2017

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

AirborneNinja posted:

beep boop emotions are prohibited

Even the pods look like they're bored to death. Somehow. It's great.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014
Eh what the hell, posting some more of my dumb art.

"Emotions are proh- eh forget it."

GOI
Aug 26, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

Drakengard thread reread, part 1: After the first few chapters, the thing that confuses the thread most is what's going on with Angelus' horns. One goon (Sejs Cube) thought it looked like a chef's hat.

I have the archives but can't find the thread for Neir, Drakengard 1 or 2

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
The LP archive pages link to the SA threads.

EDIT: Here you go: Drakengard, NieR, Drakengard 2.

Storm One fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 7, 2017

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
really thanks

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

This can... continue.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Elkyrie posted:

That's a great moose

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

...and the fighter jets are spoiled on page 3. To be fair, it's at least been behind spoiler tags.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Directly on top of the thing you're fighting is... actually, it's a pretty canonical location for a secret resistance base. Never mind.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So good game to read an LP on.

HR12345 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 7, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Glazius posted:

Directly on top of the thing you're fighting is... actually, it's a pretty canonical location for a secret resistance base. Never mind.

If it's good enough for Blazko, it's certainly good enough for you.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

HR12345 posted:

So I just saw Honest Trailers did one for our game here. https://youtu.be/gM1xQAjGvis

Yeah, and it has an incredible amount of spoilers, so maybe don't watch it

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 7, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HR12345 posted:

So I just saw Honest Trailers did one for our game here. -SNIP-

Yeah and it's kinda spoilerly. Post it in the games topic not the LP topic.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, and it has an incredible amount of spoilers, so maybe don't watch it

too late. i've already watched it, liked it, and subscribed to the channel.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Qrr posted:

The desert robots wear facade masks and i thought the first Nier was supposed to be in Japan, so that would be a hint.

Yeah, now that you mention it I'm remembering a bunch of other stuff that makes it more obvious. I guess there was something that just threw me off later in the game, but I can't mention it until ID actually gets there in the LP. It's minor, but I don't want to chance it.

Bruceski posted:

To save our mankind's Earth from any alien attack, we failed the last 13 times but once again come back, we'll fight with huge machines 'till the ground under them goes slack, 2B/9S deploy!

You just reminded me how much I love the EDF series. Now I'm imagining 2B dodge rolling everywhere with an infinite ammo NIN64.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Psycho Knight posted:

You just reminded me how much I love the EDF series. Now I'm imagining 2B dodge rolling everywhere with an infinite ammo NIN64.
I want the EDF games so bad, but they never go on sale for an appreciable amount :negative:

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I want the EDF games so bad, but they never go on sale for an appreciable amount :negative:

They are the kind of game you expect to pick up in a budget bin, yet never seem to drop in price. Me and a friend usually go halves on them to get the cost down to something affordable.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Psycho Knight posted:

They are the kind of game you expect to pick up in a budget bin, yet never seem to drop in price. Me and a friend usually go halves on them to get the cost down to something affordable.

It's because they're used to starting in the bargain bin and staying there.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I love how YoRHA acts like a bunch of lovely teenagers/sorority girls.

I hope it becomes a plot point.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

too late. i've already watched it, liked it, and subscribed to the channel.

their original movie one is good too

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Elkyrie posted:

The mental image of the pods laughing with their little goofy grabber-hands amuses me to no end. And yeah, that moose is wonderful.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

You know, if they put Drakengard on Steam, I'd pick it up.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my general take on the "emotions are prohibited" stuff are that they're very frowned upon by rule during missions, but not like, disabled, because the androids are still supposed to be reproductions of humans, and disabling emotions would be unacceptable for that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:crossarms:

https://twitter.com/laaaicha/status/861555338138583044

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

...and the fighter jets are spoiled on page 3. To be fair, it's at least been behind spoiler tags.

wow, goons suck

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I don't think the fighter jets thing actually meant anything to anyone who didn't know about it already on page 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

neongrey posted:

I don't think the fighter jets thing actually meant anything to anyone who didn't know about it already on page 3.

The post literally says "you get shot down by fighter jets over Tokyo". The thing with spoilers is once they start rolling, they don't stop. I was reading an FFX LP (not TDI's) and the author had gotten through, like, an hour of the game when I already had most of the plot points laid out, and at that point I no longer cared.

It's on page six that The Dark Id asks goons to stop spoiling stuff, and the first response is ":byodood: but they can look it up on youtube anyway, so who cares?"

• Locked thread