Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

AJ_Impy posted:

I, Al-rusim khataan taht-Impy of the Ulama, propose that we purge all infidel and apostate individuals and nations from the peninsula. As we are not in power, let us work with our New Taifa brothers and start with those to our north rather than those within our borders.

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, Second this motion by my comrade. For if we do not remove the weeds from our garden, they will soon overwhelm the young forbs and shoots we so pine for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Only when the Christians are driven off the Iberian peninsula can the kingdom of Andalus turn its attention to projects of peace and faith. As long as the kingdom's enemies are at our borders, we can't afford to let down our guard. drat straight I'm supporting this policy.

Only a crypto-Christian would refer to the great Sultanate of Al-Andalus as a Kingdom. This man is clearly a traitor and spy and should be sent to the oubliette!

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the glorious and unopposable Taifas, propose that we focus our efforts in annexation on the three westernmost Christian kingdoms of Iberia: Portugal, Galicia and Leon.

These realms are the weakest of our neighbors and the most vulnerable to direct military force: we must crush them before greater Christian kingdoms, France especially, decide to interfere with them. Every Christian king in Iberia is threat and a wild card- it's intolerable!

I, LJN92 of the Taifas, do support the proposal by Unitas the good lord Qasim al-Cyrahzax!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I, Emir Hussein al-Paragonia, do propose that al-Andalus must strengthen its navy to the point where they can defend our home from sea borne invasions. Funding for the navy will, however, be subordinate to spending on our land forces until Portugal, Galicia, and Leon have been removed from Iberia.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Gentlemen!

...Have I missed the meeting? Damnation! Well, I'll have to wait for the next one then. But I bring news! I have been off to the south, negotiating trade with the Ghanese, and they have told me news which I can only describe as fantastic.

The Kingdom of Mali has sent ships to sail across the endless wastes of the Ocean Sea. Those ships came back. There is land across the sea, how much they do not know! Land full of peoples who have not heard the word of God, and riches that they apparently have never known how to tap!

If we do not stake a claim in this New World, I fear it will only be a matter of time before the Christians do, and between them and the Africans they will divide it up and leave us with nothing, and them with more wealth and peoples they can turn against us. We have pressing concerns in Iberia--this I do not deny!

But I propose we must explore the New World, to see what may be there for us! Even if we do nothing with this knowledge today, knowledge is POWER!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the glorious and unopposable Taifas, propose that we focus our efforts in annexation on the three westernmost Christian kingdoms of Iberia: Portugal, Galicia and Leon.

These realms are the weakest of our neighbors and the most vulnerable to direct military force: we must crush them before greater Christian kingdoms, France especially, decide to interfere with them. Every Christian king in Iberia is threat and a wild card- it's intolerable!

I, Sheikha Rabab al-Majnun, support Emir al-Cyrahzax's proposal. The Christian kingdoms are a pack of dogs that have always nipped at the heels of glorious Andalusia. Let the light of Islam spread to the whole peninsula!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

I, Chatrapati of the Ulama, propose that brilliant mosques and universities should be built throughout the land to meet the spiritual needs of the people.

We do not need to put our Christian brothers to the sword, but let them marvel at the holiness of Al-Andalus so that they may come back to Islam of their own volition.

(Don't know much about this game, but if it's possible, build mosques and universities)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Declare war on the westernmost Christian kingdoms, starting with Portugal: Lord Cyrahzax, Tendronai, Luhood, Chief Savage Man, PurpleXVI, catlord, Snipee, Ralepozozaxe, Mikl, LJN92, Viola the Mad.

Declare war on the Christians, but ensure the navy can defend Andalusi shores:: paragon1.

Privateer the Genoa trade node: HailedUser, Dance Officer.

Redeye Flight posted:

But I propose we must explore the New World, to see what may be there for us! Even if we do nothing with this knowledge today, knowledge is POWER!

Keep in mind that in EU4, you can't actually explore until you unlock the right idea group (Exploration), which will only happen if the League of Merchants are in power. Since the New Taifas currently hold the majority, we won't get the opportunity to explore and colonise until at least the next re-alignment of the Majlis, which'll happen upon the current Sultan's death.

Chatrapati posted:

(Don't know much about this game, but if it's possible, build mosques and universities)

Universities aren't unlocked until tech 17, so it's a while away, but mosques are fine.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Chatrapati posted:

I, Chatrapati of the Ulama, propose that brilliant mosques and universities should be built throughout the land to meet the spiritual needs of the people.

We do not need to put our Christian brothers to the sword, but let them marvel at the holiness of Al-Andalus so that they may come back to Islam of their own volition.

Yes, we must build the most beautiful and intellectual buildings in the world!

I, Slaan al-Andalusi, vote for Building Mosques and Universities in the Ulama court

Slaan fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 7, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Chatrapati posted:

I, Ibn al-Fanous, support this proposal. Conquer the infidel... with words

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 7, 2017

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

paragon1 posted:

I, Emir Hussein al-Paragonia, do propose that al-Andalus must strengthen its navy to the point where they can defend our home from sea borne invasions. Funding for the navy will, however, be subordinate to spending on our land forces until Portugal, Galicia, and Leon have been removed from Iberia.

I, Sheikha Hibbar Rubik, support this measure. A strong navy serves both the interests of the The New Taifas and the League of Merchants.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, support Emir al-Cyrahzax's proposal to invade the Western Christians.

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 7, 2017

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I apparently hadn't voted 5 before, but this made me realise my mistake.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Shoota al-Boy, place my support behind the noble al-Cyrahzax. We must push the infidels back from the seas, so we might crush them against the mountains!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

allah preserve me :allears:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

At least the merchants got The Baleares.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

Chatrapati posted:

I, dd777 of the Ulama, wholeheartedly put my support in this venture!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

HailedUser posted:

Though we control the gateway to the Great Ocean, we must secure our fortunes within the Mediterranean itself. We must establish a naval presence to protect our Trade Interests, particularly around our enclave on Sardinia and in Genoa.

Therefore, I, HailedUser of the League of Merchants propose using privateers to extract wealth from Mediterranean nations, in particular the Genoese.

I , Ikasuhito of the Merchants put my support behind this proposal. The other nations of the Mediterranean can't be trusted to spend their wealth wisely. So it should be taken from them.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

i, Blasti-Al-Izard, naturally support this wise plan.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

:eyepop:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The Paradox LP Politoons have begun, this is officially One Of The Greats.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Agreed
Gotta burn em all

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I too agree with this motion. The northern coast of Iberia has been under Christian control for too long.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

For our great party's second policy, I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, propose a nation-wide investment in temples.

My reasoning is two-fold: 1) It is for the glory of Allah that we commit to this jihad, and we must honor Him. 2) Temples not only bring the support of the imams, but also help organize our taifas for more efficient taxation (the most halal form of income) to better support God's armies.

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Wh-What do you mean that's the actual plot?!

I, Whit27, propose that we strengthen our grip on the Sevillan trade node. One merchant should collect trade there with the other transferring trade power from incoming nodes. We should build marketplaces in our Sevillan trade centers and send a heavy or two to hunt pirates in the Sevilla trade node to guard against the barbary pirates.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I, Rodyle, propose in the name of the New Taifas, that we seek to renew our alliance with the Almoravids. This must be done so as to soften them up for when the time comes obtain reinforcements of our own to counter the inevitable Frankish hordes.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I was originally dreading the thread being cluttered with ten pages of roleplaying for every one page with updates relevant to the LP, but seeing Emir Flavius al-Belisarius's satirical political cartoon made me realize I was being stupid and ignorant. This is going to be hilarious.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Whit27 posted:

I, Whit27, propose that we strengthen our grip on the Sevillan trade node. One merchant should collect trade there with the other transferring trade power from incoming nodes. We should build marketplaces in our Sevillan trade centers and send a heavy or two to hunt pirates in the Sevilla trade node to guard against the barbary pirates.

I have no idea what this means, so it's probably very intelligent.

I, Master Badger of the Guild of Merchants, support this proposal.

Purplebeard
Feb 27, 2014

I, Purplebeard, propose that we build a fleet of galleys that can stand up to any Mediterranean power, and look for opportunities to take control of prominent ports in the region.

For the forseeable future, the Mediterranean is where the money is. Opportunities will come to expand our influence over the trade in the region, and we must be ready to take advantage when they do.

Purplebeard fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 7, 2017

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Whit27 posted:

I support this!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Declare war on the westernmost Christian kingdoms, starting with Portugal: Lord Cyrahzax, Tendronai, Luhood, Chief Savage Man, PurpleXVI, catlord, Snipee, Ralepozozaxe, Mikl, LJN92, Viola the Mad, Rubix Squid, Flavius Belisarius, ShootaBoy, Ikasuhito, theblastizard, ThatBasqueGuy, Bloody Pom.

Declare war on the Christians, but ensure the navy can defend Andalusi shores: paragon1.

Renew alliance with the Almoravids: Rodyle.

More temples: Flavius Belisarius.

Privateer the Genoa trade node: HailedUser, Dance Officer.

Attempt to increase power in the Sevilla node: Whit27, The Lone Badger, Archaeology Hat.

Focus resources on building a galley fleet: Purplebeard.

Just build mosques: Chatrapati, Slaan, BravestOfTheLamps, dd777.

So it looks like the Tafias want war with the western Christians (their other proposals are tied), the Merchants want to focus on increasing power in the Sevilla node, whilst the Ulama unanimously want mosques. I'll try and get an update out tonight.

I love it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

AJ_Impy posted:

I, Al-rusim khataan taht-Impy of the Ulama, propose that we purge all infidel and apostate individuals and nations from the peninsula. As we are not in power, let us work with our New Taifa brothers and start with those to our north rather than those within our borders.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, Second this motion by my comrade. For if we do not remove the weeds from our garden, they will soon overwhelm the young forbs and shoots we so pine for.

The Ulama are not entirely unanimous. Nonetheless, it's fair to say we will go with the majority on the righteous act of mosque-building.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dangit, I was gonna propose American exploitation, but with emphasis on increasing taxation with silver depreciation. Oh well

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

AJ_Impy posted:

The Ulama are not entirely unanimous. Nonetheless, it's fair to say we will go with the majority on the righteous act of mosque-building.

As long as there is some Alfalfa in those mosques the Dalai Ullama is down. I change my vote to this, with the addendum that we build them in provinces already following our religion as a reward to the faithful.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 7, 2017

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
Hashim, are you planning on posting the scenario or a save? I'd like to play in this setting.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

I, Frionnel al-Frionnel of the most pious Ulama, support my brothers' efforts to build more mosques. (btw, it's not possible to build universities until halfway through the game)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hashim, your summary isn't really an accurate reflection of what my proposal is supposed to be. It'd be more like, "Strengthen the navy, but not at the expense of the army conquering Portugal, Castille, and Leon."

So I guess what I'm saying is the BUT should be an AND. It's a minor quibble, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Whit27 posted:

I, Technowolf of the Mechant's Guild, do hereby support this measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Chatrapati posted:

I concur with this. Through holiness we will find strength.