Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Might as well start actually using that much vaunted American ~cyber arsenal~, and mess up critical power plants around Moscow/St. Petersburg during the winter.

When asked about responsibility, just give the same "aww shucks, what a mystery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"-response the Russians have been giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Missionary Positron posted:

Might as well start actually using that much vaunted American ~cyber arsenal~, and mess up critical power plants around Moscow/St. Petersburg during the winter.

When asked about responsibility, just give the same "aww shucks, what a mystery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"-response the Russians have been giving.

except it would leak to both Breitbart and HuffPo as soon as the idea was voiced aloud within 10 miles of the White House

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Meetings :cripes:

https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/860993011307687937

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I can't believe Obama is STILL at the golf course! If Trump was president he would be at the white house GOVERNING!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ded posted:

I can't believe Obama is STILL at the golf course! If Trump was president he would be at the white house GOVERNING!

Whatever, lazy Obongo just didn't want to do his job. Trump is a serious businessman who gets results and knows how to make a deal. He's working when he goes out on the golf course. Checkmate lib-tard.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

With all this practice, is Trump at least better at golf than Obama?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Doc Hawkins posted:

You take one look at that fat sonofabitch and tell me what you think.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

He is reportedly a decent golfer, but exaggerates how low his handicap is and cheats.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sorry for the non-ww3/loltrump chat

I went back a couple pages didn't see this.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Huntington-Beach-family-booted-Delta-flight-421258184.html

Thanks to the United incident this poo poo is going to be commonplace. Except the latter will likely be in the wrong trying to cop a settlement. I'm sure airlines are gearing up for it, I just feel bad for all the people that are going to miss their connecting flight

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
A friend of mine reads the Japanese papers and she said that the Japanese prime minister trounced by about 30 strokes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

He is reportedly a decent golfer, but exaggerates how low his handicap is and cheats.

loving lmao

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sorry for the non-ww3/loltrump chat

I went back a couple pages didn't see this.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Huntington-Beach-family-booted-Delta-flight-421258184.html

Thanks to the United incident this poo poo is going to be commonplace. Except the latter will likely be in the wrong trying to cop a settlement. I'm sure airlines are gearing up for it, I just feel bad for all the people that are going to miss their connecting flight

So in this incident, the whole thing about not transferring seats to a person other than the named one on the ticket for a variety of reasons but there really should be some discretion on the part of the airline for a goddamn toddler. Also, it is definitely not the role of loving flight attendants to threaten someone with jail like that.

Whatever, in a few days we'll find out that the dude has two unpaid parking tickets and got an MIP when he was 19, so someone will defend this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

From what I understand their other kid took an earlier flight and a ticketing agent apparently told them it was fine for the infant to use his seat, presumably before they needed it. Yeah, that's on the airline

In the end it was just a verbal confirmation, and no airline let's you transfer tickets unless you buy the really expensive transferable one that you can cancel etc. Families aren't really an exception

Idk it's a bit of a mess but could have just put the kid on the lap and sought compensation after ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

From what I understand their other kid took an earlier flight and a ticketing agent apparently told them it was fine for the infant to use his seat, presumably before they needed it. Yeah, that's on the airline

In the end it was just a verbal confirmation, and no airline let's you transfer tickets unless you buy the really expensive transferable one that you can cancel etc. Families aren't really an exception

Idk it's a bit of a mess but could have just put the kid on the lap and sought compensation after ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like yet another case of airline employees following policy beyond any reasonable point, just because they have unquestioned authority in the situation. What possible downside is there to letting a toddler use a seat that the family already paid for anyway? Speaks to bad management as well, if airline employees expected their bosses to have their back if they colored outside the lines to accommodate customers these incidents would probably be less common. A lot of the reports after the United incident noted a culture of abiding by documented policy to a fault.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
In current events news, I am friends with a few current and reitured NFL players and I played golf at a charity thing recently and hit a solid 230-ish on 18 holes.

Go Me!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Waroduce posted:

In current events news, I am friends with a few current and reitured NFL players and I played golf at a charity thing recently and hit a solid 230-ish on 18 holes.

Go Me!

230? How drunk were you?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Go Me!

Hey you're a pretty good bowler!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Two Finger posted:

loving lmao

I'm not laughing: it's exactly what I expected.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm not laughing: it's exactly what I expected.

That's why I'm laughing. He really is just a pathetic child.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Looks like yet another case of airline employees following policy beyond any reasonable point, just because they have unquestioned authority in the situation. What possible downside is there to letting a toddler use a seat that the family already paid for anyway? Speaks to bad management as well, if airline employees expected their bosses to have their back if they colored outside the lines to accommodate customers these incidents would probably be less common. A lot of the reports after the United incident noted a culture of abiding by documented policy to a fault.

I heard a piece on NPR about how flight attendants and basically every employee of an airline that isn't the pilot have been getting pretty much turbo hosed as far as hiring, wages and too many hours since the 2008 crash. Apparently airlines were still in recovery mode from 9/11, then they got hit with that and to keep the lights on they had to cut everything they could to the bone for years. Well now gas prices have taken a nose dive, air travel is back up and profits are up but they haven't done poo poo to reverse what they did to their labor force because, "screw that, it works right now and why pay them anything more?"

So now the airlines are basically getting what they pay for with attendants that have morale somewhere between Taco Bell night shift employee and Wal-Mart shelf stocker. Accordingly, they give no fucks about treating passengers with the false smile that comes with customer-service or doing anything other than exactly what is required by the book to keep their job.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

bird food bathtub posted:

So now the airlines are basically getting what they pay for with attendants that have morale somewhere between Taco Bell night shift employee and Wal-Mart shelf stocker. Accordingly, they give no fucks about treating passengers with the false smile that comes with customer-service or doing anything other than exactly what is required by the book to keep their job.

Every airline is equally bad, what competition will their clientele move to? Checkmate! Capitolism at its finest? Free hand of the market!

TRUMP!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You see this in literally every public facing corporation though, especially retail. Employees are told to stick to the rules and the company line no matter what, no exceptions, or you're fired, and when a confrontation like this goes public the employee ends up fired for doing what they were told to do under threat of being fired if they didn't. Worker's rights don't exist in this country.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The entire business model of Virgin America was "we'll charge maybe 20-50 extra per ticket for an experience where people are treated like valuable customers instead of cattle" and it didn't work out. People would literally let themselves be stacked on top of each other if it saved them $20 for a four hour flight.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd actually be cool with a bunk setup like in Fifth Element. Give me enough headspace to read a book and I'll sleep the rest of the time.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Best Friends posted:

The entire business model of Virgin America was "we'll charge maybe 20-50 extra per ticket for an experience where people are treated like valuable customers instead of cattle" and it didn't work out. People would literally let themselves be stacked on top of each other if it saved them $20 for a four hour flight.

Pretty much this, My wife will fly Frontier or skyblue even though they will happily nickle and dime you to death. I think flying would get better if they did away with loyalty programs tbh. I don't think people realize how much BS they will gloss over when they can just get comped double miles. Treat the business customers like the once a year traveler and I guarantee the quality will get better.

FWIW, I like Southwest ok, but I live near a major hub, and mostly just have to fly hub to hub, they seem to be alright for that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I'd actually be cool with a bunk setup like in Fifth Element. Give me enough headspace to read a book and I'll sleep the rest of the time.

I am so loving down for this. All I want to do is sleep on a flight anyway, put me in a small rear end box I don't care I'm asleep.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Best Friends posted:

It's almost as if markets, despite being composed of our choices, can have results we don't want, especially after gutting customer and labor protections.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Best Friends posted:

Actually, it did work out. However Branson couldn't own more than like 20% of the company due to being a dirty foreigner trying to take American jobs and couldn't run it entirely like he wanted or keep control of the company. So airline consolidation continues further and there's no reason to offer a better experience because there's no competition.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Which is a shame because if you gotta fly economy V Australia is amazing. Well, relatively.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Air New Zealand is the poo poo too. At least compared to American and Delta, never flown United.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've flown on Delta, American, and Qantas to/from Australia. Qantas was the best hands down.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am old and remember the movie rainman every time I see quantas

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Singapore air is pretty great for heading to asia

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Anything that's not a US company is awesome due to actual competition.

United had business class seats that I couldn't recline in as my shoulders wouldn't fit and it felt like they were trying to fill it up tighter than economy.

Wow Air, despite being a budget airline, has an awesome economy class that's much cheaper and much better than anything in the US.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lightpole posted:

Anything that's not a US company is awesome due to actual competition.

United had business class seats that I couldn't recline in as my shoulders wouldn't fit and it felt like they were trying to fill it up tighter than economy.

Wow Air, despite being a budget airline, has an awesome economy class that's much cheaper and much better than anything in the US.

what's weird is air nz had no competition on the domestic routes for a long time and were still pretty legit :shrug:

like expensive but a good service

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This post has nothing to do with politics. There is something very special in this picture that the New York Mets tweeted out. The New York Mets deleted their tweet when they found the problem.

See if you can spot it. Here's a hint: it's probably :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/BmW4vHl.jpg

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hahahahahahaha noice

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

facialimpediment posted:

This post has nothing to do with politics. There is something very special in this picture that the New York Mets tweeted out. The New York Mets deleted their tweet when they found the problem.

See if you can spot it. Here's a hint: it's probably :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/BmW4vHl.jpg

Batter up!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I don't see it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Booth on the right, on the bottom shelf just over the shoes.

• Locked thread