Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Error 404 posted:

No loving way. This has got to be some nerd going too deep into correlation = causation territory, right?

ahahahahahahahaha

*gasp*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wait, Throw is a Primer? WHAT?!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

DLC- turns out the quarian ark is in distress because it's under attack from the batarian ark (a giant space fist). All multiplayer characters are replaced with batarian soldier variants.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
What are people doing with the Asari huntress? It's a bit of an odd mix. Seems you either want to spec throw to combo and be a worse adept, or spec for barrier and stealth grid and be a worse soldier.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Stealth grid is the most important part for sure. It's a team-saving power. The other powers are just sort of "there" though and don't really seem to synergize with anything.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

free hubcaps posted:

DLC- turns out the quarian ark is in distress because it's under attack from the batarian ark (a giant space fist). All multiplayer characters are replaced with batarian soldier variants.

yo if the dlc means killing quarians as batarians i'm loving sold especially if that means batarian-geth bros

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Frush posted:

What are people doing with the Asari huntress? It's a bit of an odd mix. Seems you either want to spec throw to combo and be a worse adept, or spec for barrier and stealth grid and be a worse soldier.

Grab a sniper rifle, enjoy being able to dump aggro onto your teammates constantly so you can line up sweet headshots. Stealth grid to bug out/ solo objectives, though not actually solo because enemies do a really good job of tracking you when you're invisible. Throw and lance are okay for staggering or detonating enemies.

Before the game came out I was ready to assume lance would prime and detonate, so it would be warp, but you have to aim a bit. Instead it's throw minus the physics.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Is the patch expected next week then or later?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dilb posted:

Grab a sniper rifle, enjoy being able to dump aggro onto your teammates constantly so you can line up sweet headshots. Stealth grid to bug out/ solo objectives, though not actually solo because enemies do a really good job of tracking you when you're invisible. Throw and lance are okay for staggering or detonating enemies.

Before the game came out I was ready to assume lance would prime and detonate, so it would be warp, but you have to aim a bit. Instead it's throw minus the physics.

Yeah it seems like it should be phase disruptor with the associated group stagger, but it's not. Just an instant throw.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

precision posted:

Wait, Throw is a Primer? WHAT?!

Throw has a priming window of 1 second, or something like that. The rank 5 evolution increases that to 4 seconds, or something like that. There used to be the 'Primer' icon next to that evolution, but in 1.05 it got removed, possibly by mistake.

EDIT: Unlike all the other biotic primers, Throw does not prime against Armor or Shields.

Zakmonster fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 7, 2017

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I'd like to see credIts and XP held back from people who didn't extract until they explain to the rest of the team why they didn't.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"xXx~*DarkShepard*~xXx, please explain to the team why you actively ran away from the extraction platform on the previous mission. 'Lol', 'because', and 'MY K/D RATIO’ will not accepted."

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 7, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"xXx~*DarkShepard*~xXx, please explain to the team why you actively ran away from the extraction platform on the previous mission. 'Lol', 'because', and 'MY K/D RATIO’ will not accepted."

Audio bug, couldn't hear the timer.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Why do people have such a hardon for Quarians? In universe lore, there is no way they make the sort of investment in manpower or resources to make an intergalactic journey.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nasgate posted:

Unacceptable answer, the timer is clearly visible on screen with various other indicators.

dazoner posted:

Why do people have such a hardon for Quarians? In universe lore, there is no way they make the sort of investment in manpower or resources to make an intergalactic journey.
The Andromeda Initiative is the one bankrolling all the Arks, I thought.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Anyone else had Assassination in Wave 6 of Bronze spawn 3 Ascendant and a Fiend. And then one of the Ascendant was a target and they all hang round together.

That was no loving fun. And playing random enemy led to three Kett matches.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dazoner posted:

The characters we get to know are cool and likable for the most part.

Not to mention where you get Quarians you get Geth and Geth are awesome.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Just saved up 100k for a premium pack and got my first ultra rare - a Naladen. gently caress this game

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I have gotten all the Rares maxed out now so I dropped back to Advanced packs because apparently I still have a bunch of Uncommon items which aren't maxed. Let me read the description of the Advanced pack. "Contains 5 random items or characters including at least one Uncommon....". Well, Bioware, explain to me how I have plenty of Uncommon items that aren't maxed yet every few Advanced packs I buy one does not contain at least one Uncommon. Should the description ready "contains at least one Uncommon, unless you have, like, a lot of Uncommons already in which case maybe it won't? We're not sure how our algorithm works here but a lot of the time you'll get an Uncommon. Unless your single player is set to Narrative."

EDIT: Ok I just bought 5 of them and all contained at least one Uncommon. Maybe I am drunk? It is only 10am but it is possible.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 7, 2017

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
So are there any settings in custom games I can fiddle with to get better rewards? Think I read something to that effect but I've forgotten.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

dazoner posted:

I find a people that huff their farts all day very relatable.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Houdini posted:

Just saved up 100k for a premium pack and got my first ultra rare - a Naladen. gently caress this game
Don't buy the 100k packs until you can do golds, cause saving up with those is like 30 mins of work.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Throw is a primer for like a second but it did change my playstyle a bit

Mass effect still sucks right now though that patch needs to hurry the gently caress up so I have something new to complain about

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

CapnBry posted:

I have gotten all the Rares maxed out now so I dropped back to Advanced packs because apparently I still have a bunch of Uncommon items which aren't maxed. Let me read the description of the Advanced pack. "Contains 5 random items or characters including at least one Uncommon....". Well, Bioware, explain to me how I have plenty of Uncommon items that aren't maxed yet every few Advanced packs I buy one does not contain at least one Uncommon. Should the description ready "contains at least one Uncommon, unless you have, like, a lot of Uncommons already in which case maybe it won't? We're not sure how our algorithm works here but a lot of the time you'll get an Uncommon. Unless your single player is set to Narrative."

EDIT: Ok I just bought 5 of them and all contained at least one Uncommon. Maybe I am drunk? It is only 10am but it is possible.

I was in that same boat and I'm pretty sure it's because of the last bit of that description that you left out: "...with a small chance for a Rare". If that particular card rolls a Rare, the game goes "Oh you got all the Rares already, I'll just substitute in a random consumable then because gently caress you" instead of re-rolling an Uncommon that you don't have maxed yet or whatever.

You run into the same kinda thing (which I think someone might have mentioned in the thread already) when you have all the Rares maxed and you buy an Expert/Premium pack, any card that rolls a Rare will just get converted into a consumable. So you get awesome situations like paying 50 or 100k credits for 5 consumables.

Bioware.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

I was in that same boat and I'm pretty sure it's because of the last bit of that description that you left out: "...with a small chance for a Rare". If that particular card rolls a Rare, the game goes "Oh you got all the Rares already, I'll just substitute in a random consumable then because gently caress you" instead of re-rolling an Uncommon that you don't have maxed yet or whatever.
Ohhh that does make sense. I was hoping it wasn't because they had split the pool up into something like Characters, Weapons, and Mods. Where it might roll an Uncommon character, see you already have all the Uncommon characters, and just give you a consumable because Uncommon Mods are totally a different thing. It isn't too bad at the Uncommon level but if that happened with an Ultra-Rare roll you'd never know because around 7 out of every 8 Expert packs are all consumables anyway. I shouldn't miss out on an UR though because there's no chance for anything higher. I feel a little better about that.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Frush posted:

I don't know how gold-viable it is, but my huntress is melee-specced and hits like a loving truck. I'm specced out to something like +190% melee damage, which puts my vanguards to shame. Invisibly punching people does a ton of damage.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

The characters we get to know are cool and likable for the most part.

Not to mention where you get Quarians you get Geth and Geth are awesome.

Geth coming to Andromeda with the Quarian ark. :allears:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Maxed out my first gold weapon: Indra X :negative:

Good news is it works pretty well on Silver if you spec the Turrian Soldier for max Accuracy/Stability. Haven't even tried it with ammo mods.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Anita Dickinme posted:

Geth coming to Andromeda as the Quarian ark. :allears:

"Any reason why you stuck 10,000 of us inside you to go to another galaxy?"
"There was a hole..."

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 7, 2017

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Anita Dickinme posted:

Geth coming to Andromeda with the Quarian ark. :allears:
Lore-wise, Quarians would probably do alright with a Ark, because they're used to their lovely old ships, so are awesome engineers.

Personally I'd like to see Lash make a comeback as a power. Sure it was slow, but so drat satisfying to slap enemies around with. Hell, make up some BS about a Cerberus infiltration amongst the human ark volunteers, copy-paste-tweak the older classes, job's a good 'un.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nasgate posted:

This has happened to me, I'll be all excited because I'm punching a Hydra to death and suddenly everything goes dark. COME BACK GUYS, I GOT THIS! WE CAN STAY!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

limited posted:

Personally I'd like to see Lash make a comeback as a power. Sure it was slow, but so drat satisfying to slap enemies around with. Hell, make up some BS about a Cerberus infiltration amongst the human ark volunteers, copy-paste-tweak the older classes, job's a good 'un.

The one power I miss is Warp. I guess Lance is pretty much it's stand-in now but I liked hooking a slow moving bowling ball that'd knock enemies around like pins.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

moot the hopple posted:

The one power I miss is Warp. I guess Lance is pretty much it's stand-in now but I liked hooking a slow moving bowling ball that'd knock enemies around like pins.

Warp was the people's primer/detonator. No way it's coming back.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/pOzNlxw.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/P8sh5b9.gifv

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I've almost perfected using throw to send raiders absolutely flying. Usually when they do that weird roll over low cover works the best. We really need a class that's all about launching enemies like bowling pins but we need slam and lash for that :getin:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone playing Asari Sentinel and have some good builds for her? She looks pretty cool with some decent powers so I'm tempted to give her a go.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I play the HumSen so close enough? Basically what I do is 6 everything but the barrier (backlash) until you've unlocked her higher levels. Spec energy drain for max shield gains and multiple targets and throw for lowest recharge to send plebs flying off the map as much as possible.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 8, 2017

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Backlash is not like barricade in that it's actually good, so ignore advice from human sentinels. I left throw at 1 and 6'd everything else. Start with the passives if you have her at X if possible. I spec'd for melee because it seemed like the thing to do but she's pretty solid across the board.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Backlash is not like barricade in that it's actually good, so ignore advice from human sentinels. I left throw at 1 and 6'd everything else. Start with the passives if you have her at X if possible. I spec'd for melee because it seemed like the thing to do but she's pretty solid across the board.

Yeah this go for full backlash (you will kill stuff and regenerate shields out in the open) and just keep throw on 1 point to detonate energy drain.

You can do a lot of melee damage (like all classes) but you don't need to spec for health or shields cos your powers take care of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Barricade is amazing. It can prime enemies that get too near with the rank 6 perk. Backlash can't prime anything.

Edit: also energy drain is the better primer at rank 5. Throw is a secret primer but flings your target and only lasts until it hits something. Energy drain lasts longer and keeps them in one place to detonate.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 8, 2017

• Locked thread