Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Who, now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

The Minister for Human rights who got severely reprimanded when she spoke out against a state visit by Kadhafi

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/ChechenCenter/status/860976398630039554
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/860910900475244544
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/860907554464870400
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/860980756981657600
https://twitter.com/ystriya/status/860976339540750342
https://twitter.com/ystriya/status/860978565885644805
https://twitter.com/ystriya/status/860979779549495296

quote:

With less than two days to go before the final round of the French Elections, an emerging hashtag campaign, #MacronLeaks, was amplified throughout multiple social media platforms. #MacronLeaks reached 47,000 tweets in just three and a half hours after the initial tweet. This hashtag guided users to an alleged, possibly 9 GB, leak of Emmanuel Macron’s “campaign emails,” reportedly showing evidence of offshore accounts, tax evasion, and a slew of other nefarious activities.

Through a machine analysis, DFRLab tracked the onset of the campaign to the Twitter account of Jack Posobiec, the Washington DC Bureau Chief of an obscure, alt-right website, theRebelMedia. Posobiec’s bio on theRebel.media reveals that “in 2016, Jack was the Special Projects Director for Citizens for Trump, the largest Trump grassroots organization in the US,” and he is “a proud member of #SlavRight,” a nationalist Slavic movement.

More at: https://medium.com/dfrlab/hashtag-campaign-macronleaks-4a3fb870c4e8

It's like an incestous oroborus of shitheels propped up by Russia, apparently.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 7, 2017

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

There's no real evidence that any of this is true, I repeat to myself as I slowly shrink into a matryoshka doll.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

These guys are deluded if they believe for one second that they're gonna get her elected on such idiotic and ridiculous bullshit.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I'm hesitant about believing what I read in some tweets but also Big If True

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

endlessmonotony posted:

The EU and the free movement it grants are right now the only thing keeping Europe from falling into another free-for-all clusterfuck. We do not want it to be in the interests of any individual country to gently caress over its neighbours. I do realize the individual countries do that anyway, but it's not as good an idea with the EU.

And if the constituent countries didn't average around neoliberalism, we could easily reform the EU to not be poo poo. The EU's like a cork vest, and you're the idiot demanding we shed the vest so we can find a boat when we're in the open sea with no boats in sight.

Agreed. The EU at the moment is poo poo because the constituent countries that aren't run by conservatives are run by neoliberals and a couple of Putin wannabes. There is no way any of our individual countries on their own can embark on any meaningful reform away from the current status quo without being proper hosed at every chance by the rest as an example that leftism doesn't work. The only way the European working class can leverage it's strength is if it sticks together otherwise it will be trivial to make us race to the bottom and/or fight each other.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Deleted, what was it?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Flowers For Algeria posted:

These guys are deluded if they believe for one second that they're gonna get her elected on such idiotic and ridiculous bullshit.

They probably won't, but it's not like we can dismiss their influence, Trump probably wouldn't have won without the incredibly effective alt-right campaign. It's a good thing there apparently isn't such a strong French section to them. Like it or not these assholes have changed the game and no one has come up yet with a solution for the scale of "baffle them with bullshit" you can achieve in the internet age. I mean... "fake news" now became the go to dismissal of credible media, they are slowly succeeding in making people doubt everything and just go with what their gut tells them. And what their gut has been barraged with is that muslims are coming to rape our womenfolk and that (((Soros))) is selling them out to the invaders.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

JeffersonClay posted:

There's no real evidence that any of this is true, I repeat to myself as I slowly shrink into a matryoshka doll.

ok Louise Mensch

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A lot of Russian money in Miami real estate too.

Wonder who owns that mansion.

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
"Posobiec & significant other with Roger Stone at orgy thrown by Milo Yiannopoulos hours before Posobiec "leaks" Macron batch. I drop mic.."

sounds kinda hot tbh...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

She'll get elected anyway :shrug:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
a voté

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Reminder that the actually important, because not already decided election, today is the regional election in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. The latest polls predict that the Schulztrain will again be derailed, which, in an ideal world leads to another defeat next week when Germany's biggest state NRW votes. Should that happen Schulz might be a dead fish before campaigning officially starts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't wait for this poo poo to be over.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
Voté pour le Macron. Now off to our austerity overlords to drown in a few Maß Bier and await the results.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

When should we have results by tomorrow? 9-10pm CET?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Broken Cog posted:

Deleted, what was it?

"This black, female, center-right politician is the French Bernie Sanders!"

It's laughably wrong on all counts.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^it was Rama Yade wasn't it. Guess they never heard of Taubira.

Andrast posted:

I can't wait for this poo poo to be over.
Same, when i entered the voting poll this morning some rear end in a top hat had totally removed Macron's electoral poster in front of the building and only lepen's one remained. Well at least i had a good look at what stupidity looks like.

Grapplejack posted:

When should we have results by tomorrow? 9-10pm CET?
Same as last week, you watch tv and look which hq is full of people looking like they are going to gently caress tonight and which one is full of people looking like their mother is going to die.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 7, 2017

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Kassad posted:

"This black, female, center-right politician is the French Bernie Sanders!"

It's laughably wrong on all counts.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Yade ended up lining up behind EM in the legislatives, Macron's politics seem to hit her ideological spot.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Agnosticnixie posted:

I wouldn't even be surprised if Yade ended up lining up behind EM in the legislatives, Macron's politics seem to hit her ideological spot.
Elected "Most likely black woman to be in a Macron government of 2017", yes.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

MeLKoR posted:

They probably won't, but it's not like we can dismiss their influence, Trump probably wouldn't have won without the incredibly effective alt-right campaign. It's a good thing there apparently isn't such a strong French section to them. Like it or not these assholes have changed the game and no one has come up yet with a solution for the scale of "baffle them with bullshit" you can achieve in the internet age. I mean... "fake news" now became the go to dismissal of credible media, they are slowly succeeding in making people doubt everything and just go with what their gut tells them. And what their gut has been barraged with is that muslims are coming to rape our womenfolk and that (((Soros))) is selling them out to the invaders.
If you can convince people you will measurably make their lives better then they'll overlook almost anything. If only thing you got going for you is "better vote for me or the nazis win" then of course you'll be vulnerable.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

Reminder that the actually important, because not already decided election, today is the regional election in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. The latest polls predict that the Schulztrain will again be derailed, which, in an ideal world leads to another defeat next week when Germany's biggest state NRW votes. Should that happen Schulz might be a dead fish before campaigning officially starts.

No worries, I'm voting for Habeck.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/06/did-macron-outsmart-campaign-hackers

quote:

As reported by The Daily Beast, part of the Macron campaign strategy against Fancy Bear was to sign on to the phishing pages and plant bogus information.

“You can flood these [phishing] addresses with multiple passwords and log-ins, true ones, false ones, so the people behind them use up a lot of time trying to figure them out,” Mounir Mahjoubi, the head of Macron’s digital team, told The Daily Beast for its earlier article on this subject.
lol
https://medium.com/@thegrugq/a-list-minute-influence-op-by-data-ddos-3698906d8836

quote:

Playing to the audiences expectations by releasing a leak too massive to be thoroughly analysed in the hours before the blackout. Package old intelligence data into an archive structured to appear like current Macron intel. Craft and amplify short scary narratives allegedly supported by evidence inside the leak – e.g. “Macron was in contact with a Mid East arms dealer, was he selling weapons to ISIS??” (reality: ISIS didn’t exist when the arms dealer sent those emails to someone not-Macron, and Macron was in school at the time.) Use the troll armies to amplify and promote the leak and the narratives. As soon as word of the massive leak, and the incendiary allegations, makes it out into the French consciousness the law will prohibit further analysis or discussion.
:allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the media blackout means no one is talking about those emails, except politics obsessed conspiracists who probably weren't going to vote macron anyway

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

This morning I woke up and found that the cat had left a trail of poo poo all across the apartment while trying to wipe his rear end on the floor. I even discovered two poo poo nuggets in his basket. One of the poo poo nuggets was smaller than the other. I think this is a fitting metaphor for this campaign.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This morning I woke up and found that the cat had left a trail of poo poo all across the apartment while trying to wipe his rear end on the floor. I even discovered two poo poo nuggets in his basket. One of the poo poo nuggets was smaller than the other. I think this is a fitting metaphor for this campaign.

Who's Melenchon in the metaphor?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

The solid clump of congealed piss and litter in the box? I dunno

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

canepazzo posted:

Who's Melenchon in the metaphor?

FFA, shaking his head disapprovingly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
death is certain friends

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

The solid clump of congealed piss and litter in the box? I dunno

please change your cat's litter more frequently :(

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

LemonDrizzle posted:

please change your cat's litter more frequently :(

I already do! He's got a big bladder.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Kurtofan posted:

death is certain friends

in this, at least, we all can take solace

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

This morning I woke up and found that the cat had left a trail of poo poo all across the apartment while trying to wipe his rear end on the floor.

If it were a dog I'd say he has worms, because that's how they deal with an itchy butt.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
remember that the heat death of the universe will erase all of our mistakes

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Any predictions? I'm thinking about 62-38 for Macron.

The Minister for Human rights who got severely reprimanded when she spoke out against a state visit by Kadhafi

She sounds good and cool.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
My brother recently called Macron "Just another Rothschild banker, with a pederast wife". How worried should I be about the internet sites he frequents? :ohdear:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You mean he's a goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Threadkiller Dog posted:

My brother recently called Macron "Just another Rothschild banker, with a pederast wife". How worried should I be about the internet sites he frequents? :ohdear:
Not at all.