Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Zaphod42 posted:

Its part of the fluff that Tyranids can shed their weapons and pick up other ones. This is known.

If it helps then this is really lame and just makes guns the same for Tyranids as they are for everyone else. I mean, feel free to make some symbiote guns because its a cool concept too but to make all of them something you just pick up and put down homogenizes the races and thats boooooring.

In the same way that necrons ride jetbikes like everyone else when really they should become the jetbike. Destroyers are necron bikes, gently caress tomb blades. Explore the potential in your background GW, stop making the different versions of the same poo poo.

That said, I think Tyranids should be able to swap their weapons post game because everyone else can. You can fluff justify it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought they had to take time to plug them in and grow the ammo glands.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have never heard of Tyranids just setting their guns down and picking up new ones. That's not something they do; their guns are living creatures that merge with their own body.

Tyranid warriors in SWA can upgrade or switch their weapons for gameplay reasons, nothing more. Does it kind of suck that they can't swap stuff around with other team members? Kind of, but it is not that big a deal.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Broken Record Talk posted:

Consider yourself hit up.

PM me or email me at dan.boyd59@gmail.com and I'll get you the info!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Why would they even have the option, if at the end of the campaign they get nommed and absorbed.

To be fair, I do hate nids (even if most of the models are p. cool) and Tau a whole lot.

if only jeansstealers would be their own thing...

Aaanyways, our store will be having a day long campaign at the end of the month, I'm gonna take my CSM losers for a spin.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JcDent posted:

Why would they even have the option, if at the end of the campaign they get nommed and absorbed.

Shadow War Armageddon is all about recruiting and re-equipping your dudes between matches, so not at the end of a round, no. Its like managing a team in bloodbowl, or gorkamorka, or necromunda.

Since Tyranids are stuck playing 3-5 models, there's not much recruiting they can do either.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, I think tyranids should be able to swap around weapons like everyone else, they seem pricey enough as it is. And I'm not confident anyone did any cost balancing for them with that in mind.

If nothing else, give them the option to 'reprocess' symbiotes for partial refund.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
So I played something like my 6th and 7th games of necromunda last night, but this was a fresh entry into the campaign after getting thrashed initially then playing a few times to learn the rules against another new player. So my new gamg (I stuck with goliaths) did alright, winning twice and putting a lot of guys down. However I wasn't as lucky in the post game sequences - lost one dead from game one and currently one captured. I did get a juve in as a recruit from a settlement though, so that's good. It's all very subject to the whims of the dice, necromunda.

Best thing is that one of my juves, Titchy Eric (I gave all the newbies bad nicknames) levelled 3 times off the second game, rolling a new skill each time. So I rolled all 3 on the muscle table as he was probably quite insecure. He is now a bulging biceped iron jawed hard as nails inspiration to the rest of the gang. Needs a new nickname.

Worst thing is that even with the -1 to hit and the fleeting target rules, over watch with heavy weapons tends to dominate. Need to find a counter strategy, I was really frustrated trying to convince my first opponent to actually come out and play the game, rather than just over watching the 2 main central approaches. I lost two guys fleeting across cover, but fortunately the enemy did then come forward to attack me and we properly smashed them up.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Nice. Glad it went a bit better for you. Heavy weapons are king and will always dominate the flow of the game, but their limitations on movement and positioning are their Achilles heel.

I know you'll have the right ideas with terrain but much like a sniper nest in infinity, you shouldn't build a table that allows a heavy more than about 20" clear LOS in any direction.

Otherwise you have to chip away at their other fighters, hide and move cautiously, try to force the overwatcher to take I tests for fleeting targets and so on.

If you roll any 'Any Skill' results then Stealth might be a good option to get potential infiltrators, divers, and evaders - not to mention the other handy skills on that table.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Gobbos are on the way, plus the old Necromantic team (along with some others) is up for Made to Order.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/07/goblins-on-the-pitch/

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

SteelMentor posted:

Gobbos are on the way, plus the old Necromantic team (along with some others) is up for Made to Order.

MrFlibble posted:

I have a feeling that they will be doing more made to orders this year. My guess is the next one would be either undead / khemri / vampire or amazon / lizardmen / wood elf.

I am very hopeful that the rest of my prediction comes true.

The goblins look ok but with only one troll sculpt I think i'll pass for now.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I like how they haven't even tried to change the player number on the copy/paste here.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
While it's cool to see a goblin team, it's worrisome that they don't have any of their positionals like the fanatic or pogoer. I'm willing to bet that FW will put them out separately as a team booster like those skaven that were teased recently. However, they'll need to get that out around the release of the team. They're kind of the heart and soul of a goblin team and without them, you're just mashing meat into a grinder. I mean, you are with them too, but at least it's more entertaining. :v:

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

These are so incredibly busy my eye gets immediately lost and cant see anything :(
Chill out GW. Less is more.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

dmnz posted:

These are so incredibly busy my eye gets immediately lost and cant see anything :(

For me it's less how busy these models are but how the extreme edge highlighting vanishes into the white background.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
gently caress, even my undead BB team are painted better than those.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I like how they haven't even tried to change the player number on the copy/paste here.

LOL

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
drat those gobbos look like garbage, the older models are way better.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

That's a terrible lineup for Necro, and I'm betting there's no way to get a second Golem without buying two boxes.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

glitchkrieg posted:

That's a terrible lineup for Necro, and I'm betting there's no way to get a second Golem without buying two boxes.

Its not bad if you like to have 4 re-rolls but I would not take that bet - even if there is a way to get a second golem it will be expensive.

I won an auction for the other undead team last week (£12 cheaper than GW mto but need stripping) so I'll probably pick up this to get the 2 extra ghouls as well as have the option for necromantic undead.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

dmnz posted:

That and the color your eye is immediately drawn to is the yellow, so you can't focus on the faces of the models. Again, I'm sure they will look much better in the hands of good painters.

That being said, I'm glad the gobbos are finally coming out.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I do like most of the redone teams, the Gobbos just look way too clean even compared to the ork team.
Too bad they probably won't add all the Dungeonbowl expansion teams like the Skaven/Dark Elf team.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

dmnz posted:

I think it's the paintjob. There's one person who paints all the BB stuff, and their style does not agree with me at all. It's not done in the 'Eavy Metal style, and I can't tell you exactly what I don't like about it, but I do not like it, no sir.

In other news, I finished painting my orc team, and the league I'm running starts up tonight! I'll fill you guys in on what happens after!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They seem a bit visually cluttered, and I don't think that pure white background is helping at all with that specific colour scheme.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Goblin secret weapons are gonna be resin.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/08/more-goblins-on-the-pitch/

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Love 'em. Can't wait to buy 'em.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yesssss :getin:

I hope there's a pogoer too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Depending on how 8th goes I may want one of these as a Bomb Squig for my Tankbustas :orks101:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Why do they all have band-aids on their noses?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ilor posted:

Why do they all have band-aids on their noses?

Cuz deyz always stickin dem where dey don't belong!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

ineptmule posted:

Nice. Glad it went a bit better for you. Heavy weapons are king and will always dominate the flow of the game, but their limitations on movement and positioning are their Achilles heel.

I know you'll have the right ideas with terrain but much like a sniper nest in infinity, you shouldn't build a table that allows a heavy more than about 20" clear LOS in any direction.

Otherwise you have to chip away at their other fighters, hide and move cautiously, try to force the overwatcher to take I tests for fleeting targets and so on.

If you roll any 'Any Skill' results then Stealth might be a good option to get potential infiltrators, divers, and evaders - not to mention the other handy skills on that table.

Yeah, I can see there are ways to fight overwatch and really the 2 casualties I took from it were both fleeting across - I was just a bit unlucky. I think it'll all be about avoiding the overwatch until the moment you need to break out and shoot or deal with theta model. Necromunda is an interesting mindset because there's no turn limit, you just have to be patient.

If I play one friend from now on I will have to try and rescue ol' Mad Pete, which will be fun. The scenario looks pretty savage because I need to physically reach and rescue my captive; he can't bottle and I don't bother until 50% losses. So while I may lose a lot of guys taking the risk, if I can get the whip hand in the game, I can turn it into a search and destroy and just smash his gang before cutting my man free. Looking forward to my next game.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
You've got the right idea. Remember that with Rescue and Raid you can play sneaky sneaky catchy monkey until you are ready to launch the hammer blow. It's not hugely in character for the Goliaths but it's important to play to the scenario! Rescue/Raid is pretty weighted in the attackers' favour.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Deathzone Season 2 is already coming out?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

The Sex Cannon posted:

I think it's the paintjob. There's one person who paints all the BB stuff, and their style does not agree with me at all. It's not done in the 'Eavy Metal style, and I can't tell you exactly what I don't like about it, but I do not like it, no sir.

In other news, I finished painting my orc team, and the league I'm running starts up tonight! I'll fill you guys in on what happens after!

Following up on this: The league met for it's first week and all 9 other people showed up to play! Incredible! We've got quite a few newer players so we spent some time getting everyone up on the game, but my orks, Da Red Fangz, played twice and won twice, with a total of 4 players reaching rank 2! Both games were played against veteran players, the first vs. Skaven and the second vs. Lizardmen.

Game 1
This game was all orks, right from the start. Massive amounts of armor breaking and a ton of 8s and 9s on the injury roll and he was 7 players down by turn 8. Not one casualty, though. Unfortunately it did not really make the game too competitive, and the Fangz cruised to an easy victory: 2-0.

Game 2
Lizards can make for an interesting opponent as they combine a whole bunch of speed (6 or 8 movement on everyone!) with a ton of power (6 ST4 Sauruses!). However, they lack any real skills at team creation - not a single player with block! I focused on punching skinks into the casualty box or nap zone, while locking down sauruses with my line-orks and black orks. A couple of adroit passes got me some important scores and I won 3-1 rather easily.

Next week I'm gonna take the week off playing actual games and focus on coaching and teaching. A few players have already reached out to me and told me how much fun they had, so I'm really excited to continue on. Hit me up if you want to join and you're local to the DMV!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Sounds like a fun night!

I had a friendly yesterday, my counts-as-Necromantic Genestealer Cult versus Skaven. My first turn I With some rather harsh injury rolls, I almost had a complete pitch clear and my opponent had to rely on KOs coming back to even be able to setup after one of my TDs.

Final score 3-1, which never normally happens when I play Skaven!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

A few bad injury rolls and suddenly a Skaven team is trying to ice skate uphill. But then next time you'll play you'll lose 9-7 because Gutter Runners.

Speaking of Skaven, look who showed up:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Blood-Bowl-Hakflem-Skuttlespike-2017

My Skaven players will be happy to see him once I get him painted up!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Only just got the chance to read the shadow war book, quite liking it.. I'm going to have to wait and see what my regular gaming buddies make of it but I know they have 40k armies buried somewhere or necromunda gangs to use counts as. We'll see where it ends up :) worst case scenario, it's some great fuel for converting a little kill team.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Tomorrow there will be another round of Made to Order for Blood Bowl - Necromantic Undead. Shambling Undead, High Elf, Lizardmen. The Kroxigor is also going to be up, more expensive than the bull centaur was (looking to be about £18)

Also there will be the new Goblin team and Death Zone season 2. DZ2 will have rosters for Chaos renegades, Goblin and underworld because those teams don't require additional models to be sculpted I guess.

The goblin team doesn't seem to have a transfer sheet listed. If the team doesn't come with one then thats a load of horse poo poo. The only reason I could see to not showing one on the site is that it contains spoilers that they don't want to reveal just yet. Like the names of two new secret weapons they're rumoured to have (sold in a pack with the pogo guy).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Four placcy gobbos for £10, thank you GW for your commitment to me not getting back into the miniatures game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

A Goblin team... without Trolls or Secret Weapons?

So 480 TV then?

Still, the made to order stuff is undercutting 3rd party suppliers by so much that I'm finding it difficult to resist the Undead team.