Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Advanced rocketry looks amazing and blows galacticraft out of the water. There's the standard visiting the moon and making a space station, but you can automate cargo missions for necessary materials, shoot satellites into space, terraform planets, and warp your space station between planets. This means you can set your base up on a space station, and, if you're up for a change of scenery, teleport to another planet (there don't appear to be any moving parts in the teleportation, so no mod conflict crashes, hopefully.

I'm looking forward to diving into the mod when I get the tech.

Carsius fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Carsius posted:

Advanced rocketry looks amazing and blows galacticraft out of the water. There's the standard visiting the moon and making a space station, but you can automate cargo missions for necessary materials, shooting satellites into space, terraforming planets, and transporting your space station between planets. This means you can set your base up on a space station, and, if you're up for a change of scenery, teleport to another planet (there don't appear to be any moving parts in the teleportation, so no mod conflict crashes, hopefully.

I'm looking forward to diving into the mod when I get the tech.

This sounds really cool. I never did end up playing with Galacticraft. Got the name of a mod pack that includes it?

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This sounds really cool. I never did end up playing with Galacticraft. Got the name of a mod pack that includes it?

NST Frostburn is one I put together for my family and here is a list of all Curse modpacks using it.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
I liked the machines from Advanced rocketry so much I put the ME controller behind the warp core in grimdark :grin:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Is there a pack and associated goon server with advanced rocketry and a diverse 1.10+ mod listing? I'm thinking I could make the jump in BFSR up to that if I can figure out what's the new cool stuff in general.

Edit: Also, what mod in All The Mods is taking over going to bed? It refuses to let me leave the bed, and I have to kick myself out--which is 50/50 going to crash my game.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 6, 2017

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
Yes, grimdark. It's got every big mod on 1.10.2 and has ~5months of testing on a live server squashing bugs. It'll run for days without crashing or even requiring a restart, and that's 280 mods.

Running a COTT server and having lots of crashes from dumb stuff makes me think it's a good idea to really test out your pack before slapping an awesome questbook on it. grimdark would be a great foundation to build off of, which I would really encourage especially if it leads to another BFSR. I'm having problems making quests myself because I hate quests and always do them begrudgingly with a chip on my shoulder and I feel like that's coming through when I make them

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there a pack and associated goon server with advanced rocketry and a diverse 1.10+ mod listing? I'm thinking I could make the jump in BFSR up to that if I can figure out what's the new cool stuff in general.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'm playing grimdark, which is maintained by frenzy. It has pretty much every mod you could want, though I've been having stability issues with it (likely something on my side, yes, mipmaps are off) He has a server running for it as well, though I prefer to run in Singleplayer right now.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
Yea I should specify it's tested in a client/server environment, so you'll need at least 6G of ram allocated and a fancy CPU to run it singleplayer, even with a fast CPU and lots of RAM you'll probably still want to run chunkgen which is included

Slightly related, today I learned Refined Storage doesn't have a method of removing blocks/items from it's cells if you remove a mod and you had cells containing items from that mod, rendering the cells useless. AE2 doesn't have this problem, it automatically removes missing items from it's storage cells

frenzy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 6, 2017

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Edit: Also, what mod in All The Mods is taking over going to bed? It refuses to let me leave the bed, and I have to kick myself out--which is 50/50 going to crash my game.

Something weird started in 1.9.4(I think) and later where if you sleep too soon after teleporting, whether it be from a map mod, /tp or even the rftools porter, you cannot leave your bed.
Works if you wait an undetermined time though.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

frenzy posted:

I liked the machines from Advanced rocketry so much I put the ME controller behind the warp core in grimdark :grin:

So you're the reason I had to cheat one in. I expected avaritia.

Also, I'm dumb and didn't allocate enough ram in the curse launcher. Runs fine now.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Didn't too much RAM used to cause hiccups from the garbage collector? Did that get fixed?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

OgNar posted:

Something weird started in 1.9.4(I think) and later where if you sleep too soon after teleporting, whether it be from a map mod, /tp or even the rftools porter, you cannot leave your bed.

I was wondering why that kept happening to me in my cheaty Beyond play. Thanks for the heads-up.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u

OgNar posted:

/ftb kickme is a command added to FTB utilities (in most packs) for this exact problem

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Heffer posted:

Didn't too much RAM used to cause hiccups from the garbage collector? Did that get fixed?

1.10 handles it better than 1.7 yeah.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Craft of the titans,

ok, where do i turn off the ability of the rats to steal poo poo.

I was down in a mine and before i realised what was happening i lost both pickaxes and my sword..

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Don't play with no sound, and always have an empty slot on your hotbar. They only take the item you're holding. But you can always hear them coming, just like dogs.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Mobs that steal things are dumb no matter how it's designed. Never ever take inventory control away from the player.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

McFrugal posted:

Mobs that steal things are dumb no matter how it's designed. Never ever take inventory control away from the player.

No way, there should be consequences between death and nothing. This pack is supposed to be super punishing, if thats not what your after there is always peaceful creative mode.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rutibex posted:

No way, there should be consequences between death and nothing. This pack is supposed to be super punishing, if thats not what your after there is always peaceful creative mode.

Wow, straight for the "creative mode" accusation, huh? You sure don't waste time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you don't want awful stupid mob interactions, it's curious as to why you'd install a pack apparently based on awful stupid mob interactions, but sure get defensive and shrill instead

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

if you don't want awful stupid mob interactions, it's curious as to why you'd install a pack apparently based on awful stupid mob interactions, but sure get defensive and shrill instead

Quests, I dislike the combat so much in Minecraft but I really enjoy the dopamine hit from completing quests. I actually removed animals cause it strayed too close to the lycan mobs thing.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Boy oh boy, the Serifina prion took over hard.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Playstation 4 posted:

Boy oh boy, the Serifina prion took over hard.
I guess you'll be surprised to learn that I find stupid mob interactions terrible and would turn off item theft, then, huh?

But then you've always completely failed to understand what I'm saying.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

The real problem is the pack is largely tuned around assuming you already have a suit of armor, but you don't start with one. There's a very early quest (as in, completable in the first day or two if you push for it -- it requires 16 iron ore) that gives you two pieces of Obsidian armor, and once you get that, suddenly the combat is a shitload more forgiving. Or if you luck into a decent weapon. I got a 21 damage axe out of a lootbag on day 2 earlier this week, and that's pretty standard for this pack. I stand by that the first few days would feel a lot less stupid if it started you with a suit of armor.

Use the veinminer. It's the only way you'll survive long enough to get grout in the quantities you need out the gate, both to get through quests for equipment and to build defenses.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 7, 2017

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Toadsmash posted:

The real problem is the pack is largely tuned around assuming you already have a suit of armor, but you don't start with one. There's a very early quest (as in, completable in the first day or two if you push for it -- it requires 16 iron ore) that gives you two pieces of Obsidian armor, and once you get that, suddenly the combat is a shitload more forgiving. Or if you luck into a decent weapon. I got a 21 damage axe out of a lootbag on day 2 earlier this week, and that's pretty standard for this pack. I stand by that the first few days would feel a lot less stupid if it started you with a suit of armor.

Use the veinminer. It's the only way you'll survive long enough to get grout in the quantities you need out the gate, both to get through quests for equipment and to build defenses.

Honest question. Does the suit of armor protect you enough to survive a rampaging 4000 HP bear with lifesteal, damage reflection, and the power that pulls you backwards every X seconds to reset your run? Assume you're in open terrain because you need to find clay.

Dogs are no problem, and most of them can be defeated by keeping 3+ blocks on your hotbar. Bears are just as murderhungry (tracking you from any distance they spawned at) but always roll affixes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheBlandName posted:

Honest question. Does the suit of armor protect you enough to survive a rampaging 4000 HP bear with lifesteal, damage reflection, and the power that pulls you backwards every X seconds to reset your run? Assume you're in open terrain because you need to find clay.

Dogs are no problem, and most of them can be defeated by keeping 3+ blocks on your hotbar. Bears are just as murderhungry (tracking you from any distance they spawned at) but always roll affixes.

You are a fool if you travel through the open air. Dig a tunnel under the water (you can find it with radar) and grab the clay from below.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

It doesn't work every time, but I've had a lot of luck with just finding the nearest body of water. Dogs can swim, but slowly, and I have yet to see bears swim at all. Just pay attention to the radar and try to avoid running into a nest of piranhas/aqua creepers.

Avoid deserts and snowy biomes. Sirens and ant workers are still pretty much an instant "YOU LOSE" early on.

Pack just got an update that changelog says made big changes to the way starting equipment works based on a "class" you pick and specifically mentioned recognizing how random the starts are. I haven't got to try it yet.

quote:

The beginning of COTT can be downright brutal if you spawn into certain conditions. It can feel more like a dice roll, rather than a challenging puzzle to navigate. To make the beginning less of a crap shoot for both survival and hardcore players, the new "Choose Your Roll" quest feature has been implemented. Simply put, reminiscent of old school RPGs, you can choose the Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, or Engineer class at your first set of quests. Depending on the class you select, you will be provided with a set of tools appropriate to that specialization. Each class tool set has some definite strengths and weaknesses. The class system will have no other impact on the pack, but will allow the player to customize the flavor of playstyle they adopt in the first few days of gameplay.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 7, 2017

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Rutibex posted:

You are a fool if you travel through the open air. Dig a tunnel under the water (you can find it with radar) and grab the clay from below.

I'm about 100% sure that running across open ground with expendable equipment and dying occasionally is still faster than digging through dozens of chunks to collect clay three or four times in the early game. Death isn't a huge setback as long as your spawn point has good egress. If you can't survive a six-eight chunk journey with just your spawn invulnerability you might be in trouble, yeah.

Toadsmash posted:

It doesn't work every time, but I've had a lot of luck with just finding the nearest body of water. Dogs can swim, but slowly, and I have yet to see bears swim at all. Just pay attention to the radar and try to avoid running into a nest of piranhas/aqua creepers.

So it's pretty much a diceroll on whether I can survive any given bear spawn (I've seen them swim after me at least). That's fine. I'm enjoying the pack in my own way. But it doesn't sound like starting with armor would change my experience with the pack in the slightest.

Also I haven't minded the ant workers so much. The melee ones can be pillered like dog packs and the ranged ones lack the absurd damage output of everything else in the pack.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

I survived my first night spent entirely in the great outdoors with nothing but the starter equipment from the Warrior package. And actually had a good time of it! I got a Draconic Core as a mob drop. That's COTT for you. So yes, you should download that update if you haven't.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

If you're talking to me, I did not install the pack in question, and... I didn't think I was being defensive or shrill? Rutibex was just being ridiculous.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I've had a few crashes, but overall I really like Craft of the Titans. I like the progression, and I like having a reason to build a cool base with turrets and spikes. Rats are a bit annoying, but not nearly as bad as sticky bosses, and sticky is disabled by default in CotT. Also, sometimes the rats aggro on bad guys, and kill them for me. :3:

If you mostly like a mod/modpack, but are frustrated by a few parts of it, just reconfigure it!

You can configure boss abilities in InfernalMobs.cfg. Just scroll down to the "general" section. I always disable sticky and rust in every mod. You can restore Ore Excavation's regular functionality by deleting its config files and reinstalling it. If bullshit deaths are getting you down, you can enable cheats and type "/gamerule keepInventory true" without the quotation marks. This makes you keep your stuff on death. I still can't figure out why NoFov doesn't work with Craft of the Titans, though.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

The pacing makes it an awesome time once you get the hang of surviving the first couple days. It's built from the ground up to keep you from ever having to grind anything. If you're ever lost on what to do, you can always go back to the quest log, and the answer to that question is never ever "go spend an hour inanely farming this material."

Reconfiguring what you don't like is great advice.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

You're only playing Minecraft wrong if you're not having fun. Usually, it only takes a little bit of tweaking to make a modpack feel just right.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

The main problem I've had is finding lapis. I have about 10 stacks of redstone but not a single piece of lapis anywhere. Other than that I'm having a great time.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Apparently I need to qualify this further. Is there such a pack and server that does not:

1. Spawn infernal mobs from every dungeon spawner.
2. Put creeper hats on most of them so they usually explode on you.
3. Cause baby zombies to be summoned all around you that are also infernal with creeper hats.
4. Upon respawning in bed, they summon themselves to you to do it all over and wreck your base while they are at it.

Apparently 1.10 has gone strange places. I guess everybody decided they like Journey to the Core without the 60-second invulnerability and progression.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Apparently I need to qualify this further. Is there such a pack and server that does not:

1. Spawn infernal mobs from every dungeon spawner.
2. Put creeper hats on most of them so they usually explode on you.
3. Cause baby zombies to be summoned all around you that are also infernal with creeper hats.
4. Upon respawning in bed, they summon themselves to you to do it all over and wreck your base while they are at it.

Apparently 1.10 has gone strange places. I guess everybody decided they like Journey to the Core without the 60-second invulnerability and progression.

This is all caused by having just added roughmobs, I was actively tweaking this stuff while you were on yesterday. working on tweaking things like mob drops, mob armor, and mob weapons which roughmobs gives you a lot of control over, but also gives mobs crazy abilities that I had to tone down. Infernal mob rates remain the same but I'm hitting that next along with their drops, creeper hats are fixed, babies are fixed, and if any behavior with beds like that is observed I'll fix it. I don't want to break game rules. In addition to those fixes, I've just given mobs every armor and weapon in the game and put so much stuff into lootbags you'll have a real hard time ever getting the same stuff twice. People will steal these configs and not give me credit for years to come. This will all be in the next version.

frenzy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 8, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

frenzy posted:

This is all caused by having just added roughmobs, I was actively tweaking this stuff while you were on yesterday. working on tweaking things like mob drops, mob armor, and mob weapons which roughmobs gives you a lot of control over, but also gives mobs crazy abilities that I had to tone down. Infernal mob rates remain the same but I'm hitting that next along with their drops, creeper hats are fixed, babies are fixed, and if any behavior with beds like that is observed I'll fix it. I don't want to break game rules. In addition to those fixes, I've just given mobs every armor and weapon in the game and put so much stuff into lootbags you'll have a real hard time ever getting the same stuff twice. People will steal these configs and not give me credit for years to come. This will all be in the next version.

I feel like this could have been avoided.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

frenzy posted:

This is all caused by having just added roughmobs, I was actively tweaking this stuff while you were on yesterday. working on tweaking things like mob drops, mob armor, and mob weapons which roughmobs gives you a lot of control over, but also gives mobs crazy abilities that I had to tone down. Infernal mob rates remain the same but I'm hitting that next along with their drops, creeper hats are fixed, babies are fixed, and if any behavior with beds like that is observed I'll fix it. I don't want to break game rules. In addition to those fixes, I've just given mobs every armor and weapon in the game and put so much stuff into lootbags you'll have a real hard time ever getting the same stuff twice.
Okay okay I relent. However, this was how it came out in the 2.8.0 config, then I would have been lead to believe that was the tried-and-true config--at least at this point.

Useless free advice: You want to try to run clean room tests on the like and disregard server configs or even releasing such things. I still remember when my wife was trying to show my "whole strange Minecraft pack thing" I was talking about to her friend and found the Technic page. Then she got really mad when she saw all the people going "why it not of the work he;lp" as if I was their personal mod pack slave or something, but it just came with the territory. I had one or two turkeys come out of Technic releases--although they usually came down to trouble I had being able to test the full Technic download process before signing off a release (hint hint)--and it just sucks to have to see all that bitching and moaning. So I've always tried to avoid it. For what it's worth, I was getting really good at the first 20 minutes of the game.

You can also set up a pack marked as your experimental one or whatever, and people implicitly sign a social contract not to be able to complain for support if they're using that one. That had worked out well for me while I was setting up the NPC village and getting carried away with the quests.

Anyways, I took a look at roughmobs and drat :wth:...:

roughmobs posted:

Zombies can now break certain (configurable) blocks if they walk through them.
Skeletons shoot a lot faster now. (Decreased bow cooldown from 20 to 0, 1.0.6+)
Skeletons always spawn with a Bow in their mainhand and a sword/axe in their offhand. If a player is near them Skeletons switch their weapons.
Creepers become invisible while they are near a player.
Creepers are a lot faster now.
Creepers explode now a bit faster (1 second fuse time instead of 1.5 seconds, 1.0.6+)
Creepers explosion radius is now a bit bigger (4 instead of 3, 1.0.6+)
Bats can fly on player's head and drain half a heart per second. This feature seems to be a bit buggy on servers.
Endermen steal and drop held items of targets.
Small Magma Cubes drop lava on death. This can be very dangerous if they stick on your head.
Does the new spawning rules in its config format really let you do some really crazily-awesome changes?

It's fine if you want to kind of focus on a crapsack world kind of game style that I think at least is the original tone of the pack, but it wasn't really what I was banking on from what you had posted here. Even with some of those settings toned down, there's still a lot of crazy mob stuff going on there.

quote:

People will steal these configs and not give me credit for years to come. This will all be in the next version.
Does this stuff happen much? All I know at best is some folks took my oregen rules out of BFSR but people savvy enough to copy a config and get it working are at most one step away from just tweaking the stuff for their own ends anyways.

Regarding the general rant: something still stands. Have people kind of gone more griefy with mobs in the past year? I don't know if it's just what goons are playing any more or what, but it seems like a lot of the stuff has gotten a lot cheaper with the mobs.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Regarding the general rant: something still stands. Have people kind of gone more griefy with mobs in the past year? I don't know if it's just what goons are playing any more or what, but it seems like a lot of the stuff has gotten a lot cheaper with the mobs.

It's because mod authors and modpack authors are tailoring their stuff for streamers so that they can get some of that internet fame. Everyone loves to see craaaaaaazy reactions from the streamers so mods and modpacks made for such a purpose are getting more extreme. Also, the thrill-seeking players have generally gotten used to the mods that add difficulty so they'll likely be looking for ways to spice things up even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Okay okay I relent. However, this was how it came out in the 2.8.0 config, then I would have been lead to believe that was the tried-and-true config--at least at this point.

Useless free advice: You want to try to run clean room tests on the like and disregard server configs or even releasing such things. I still remember when my wife was trying to show my "whole strange Minecraft pack thing" I was talking about to her friend and found the Technic page. Then she got really mad when she saw all the people going "why it not of the work he;lp" as if I was their personal mod pack slave or something, but it just came with the territory. I had one or two turkeys come out of Technic releases--although they usually came down to trouble I had being able to test the full Technic download process before signing off a release (hint hint)--and it just sucks to have to see all that bitching and moaning. So I've always tried to avoid it. For what it's worth, I was getting really good at the first 20 minutes of the game.

You can also set up a pack marked as your experimental one or whatever, and people implicitly sign a social contract not to be able to complain for support if they're using that one. That had worked out well for me while I was setting up the NPC village and getting carried away with the quests.

I use this process: all changes happen on the server first, because changes to configs usually require restarts, and the server loads in 1.5mins whereas the client is around 7mins. Saves a lot of time. If I'm lucky, I'll remember to include all the configs when I release the curseforge package. If I forgot, probably have to wait until the next update. Once the curseforge client package and the server are synced and I know it's stable, I'll build the technic versions which include the actual server package and release those then circle back to curseforge and put the server package there as well. The majority of the time these updates do not include big changes to mobs like this, but you happened to catch it while I was integrating roughmobs.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Anyways, I took a look at roughmobs and drat :wth:...:

Does the new spawning rules in its config format really let you do some really crazily-awesome changes?

It includes a lot of fine controls like mob spawning weights, lots of crazy abilities as you see, and options for customizing weapons/armor which I took full advantage of.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It's fine if you want to kind of focus on a crapsack world kind of game style that I think at least is the original tone of the pack, but it wasn't really what I was banking on from what you had posted here. Even with some of those settings toned down, there's still a lot of crazy mob stuff going on there.

I've turned off or altered almost all of the features from roughmobs, and epicsiegemod for that matter. I've touched almost every config in the pack. You leave all that stuff on and it gets super crazy to the point where you need a questbook that fast tracks you to having what you need to survive (COTT). Trying to put grimdark more somewhere in between Beyond and COTT. I don't want mobs so strong that they're overwhelming or perceived as me wanting you to suffer, but there's a space where these effects can lead to surprises and unique situations that are fun and good. Like how a lot of people are embracing the crazy mob AI from COTT because they have a questbook that brings it all together.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Does this stuff happen much? All I know at best is some folks took my oregen rules out of BFSR but people savvy enough to copy a config and get it working are at most one step away from just tweaking the stuff for their own ends anyways.

Oh I have no idea lol it's just I've added so much to the lootbags and other configs that if I were a pack maker and saw that I might be inclined to copy and paste into my own configs.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There's a lot of debate on what acceptable levels of grief are, I tend to fall on the side of the things where great accomplishment only ever comes out of a great struggle and historically I've never built anything I'm proud of unless I've sacrificed for it, so I tend to keep the difficulty up to hard and would like to create an atmosphere in grimdark where even in higher end armor the world can still be a threat if you're not careful. I feel like I've found a good place for that with this pack, and am still refining that as I go. You just caught it at a bad time. I even had forgot mob x-ray vision was left on from when I was messing with that the other day.

McFrugal posted:

It's because mod authors and modpack authors are tailoring their stuff for streamers so that they can get some of that internet fame. Everyone loves to see craaaaaaazy reactions from the streamers so mods and modpacks made for such a purpose are getting more extreme. Also, the thrill-seeking players have generally gotten used to the mods that add difficulty so they'll likely be looking for ways to spice things up even more.

Due to a multitude of reasons Minecraft combat has never been where you really want it, and a lot of these mob AI mods that are coming out like epic siege mod are trying to change that. The idea of having to defend your base, combining tower defense with minecraft, I think is brilliant and would be awesome but it's going to take time to figure out. It's getting there. My intent with grimdark has always been "make the pack I wanted to play" because challenge is good, and the right mix of this can lead to really exciting interactions. Some of the things I've seen in grimdark coming out of interactions between all the mods like chancecubes has been pretty awesome and unlike anything else I've seen.

frenzy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 8, 2017