Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Josuke Higashikata posted:

idk if the dude who hosed the other dude up is also british this loses its impact

British submission grappling > British wrestling, but we all knew that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kekekela posted:

Why would you put red wine in the fridge even if you didn't finish the bottle?

So you can microwave it later

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

It's also fake as gently caress

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

willie_dee posted:

It's also fake as gently caress

oh for real?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

a) Dude stays down longer than plausible from that straight right.

b) Buddy doesn't get out of the car to help his friend until his friend is unconscious; rushes the guy who just KOed his bro with a single shot.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

CommonShore posted:

a) Dude stays down longer than plausible from that straight right.

b) Buddy doesn't get out of the car to help his friend until his friend is unconscious; rushes the guy who just KOed his bro with a single shot.

i was thinking that Dana White retweeting a rener gracie bum fights break down was the most mma thing ever, but it being fake would ACTUALLY be the most mma thing ever

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
It's clearly fake and I'm a bit saddened that the majority of people haven't instantly realised that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think spin4jackpots.com would post a fake vid

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Kekekela posted:

Why would you put red wine in the fridge even if you didn't finish the bottle?
After it's opened (and thus exposed to oxygen) it starts to turn into vinegar. Putting it in the fridge slows this process, so it'll stay fresh for longer. And some reds should actually be served chilled.

But then I can't quite see the kind of glass-a-day-drinkers who spend a few days on a bottle be in such a hurry that they bother with microwaving the glass, when they can just pour it and take the time to let it warm on its own.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I saw Artem Lobov yesterday. V large head. His face has healed up nice.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Zwachro posted:

After it's opened (and thus exposed to oxygen) it starts to turn into vinegar. Putting it in the fridge slows this process, so it'll stay fresh for longer. And some reds should actually be served chilled.

But then I can't quite see the kind of glass-a-day-drinkers who spend a few days on a bottle be in such a hurry that they bother with microwaving the glass, when they can just pour it and take the time to let it warm on its own.

This is why you buy boxed wine

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/UFCInsiders/status/860882484850020353

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Dogbrisket posted:

This is why you buy boxed wine
Those keep better in the fridge too. :shobon:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LMAO

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Did anybody else expect this to turn into that scene from Airplane?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thats my wife

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

They're doing that thing chutebox did where like 10 huge dudes will line up to just kick your loving rear end as "sparring". There's video of them beating the poo poo out of this guy who is basically exhausted. At one point Werdum steps in there and just blasts him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Theyre doing that except instead of huge dudes its small dudes and theyre hitting at like 30% power

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Fartbox posted:

They're doing that thing chutebox did where like 10 huge dudes will line up to just kick your loving rear end as "sparring".

Oh ok

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

manyak posted:

Theyre doing that except instead of huge dudes its small dudes and theyre hitting at like 30% power

Yeah that looks like training to fire back while getting hit

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

cis autodrag posted:

wait, people refrigerate their wine? leave it in a wine rack on your counter, or just sit it on your counter if you don't want to waste money on a wine rack.

Enjoy your 80 wine.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I buy wine every once in a while and quickly realize it's gross unless it's cheap cold sweet wine and go back to whiskey and vodka.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Southpaugh posted:

I saw Artem Lobov yesterday. V large head. His face has healed up nice.

how was his posture?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://twitter.com/mikedyce/status/860857125882523648

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

when is conor mcgregor jr going to stop ducking floyd mayweather jr

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm retard

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 6, 2017

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Don't worry, most of us are too.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Is this called milling? I saw some army guys milling and I had no idea what I was seeing, but it looked like this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chillanese posted:

Is this called milling? I saw some army guys milling and I had no idea what I was seeing, but it looked like this.

Milling is rolling the hands around a bit before throwing a punch as a way of getting the opponent to overreact and produce an opening. What you're seeing is called "face punching."

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
The army guys were playing face punchies too, but they called it milling and acted like it was a sport or something. I'll believe you on what the word milling means though.

e; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR2ZARY6SoE

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 7, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

McGregor does some milling with his left before the uppercuts in this gif

e. heh. Ok. I guess they're calling that milling.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Milling is rolling the hands around a bit before throwing a punch as a way of getting the opponent to overreact and produce an opening. What you're seeing is called "face punching."

I looked into it a little bit and it seems to be an old-timey boxing trick that people stopped using after the bare knuckle days were over.
It's not as obvious to me in the Conor gif as it is in some of the old pics and footage I've been looking at, but I do see it.
Conor seems like a real student of fighting. It wouldn't surprise me if he took some tips from the bare knuckle days, since MMA gloves are pretty much bare knuckle anyway.
I remember it being talked about years ago when Boetsch beat Okami with his weird clinch uppercuts. It came from the early days of clinch-fighting in boxing.
That was a good lesson for the day, and now I think military face-punching class needs a new name. Thanks

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Milling never went away.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cub mills.

He also does the 'look at rear hand and then jab at opponent' trick which is three times as cool.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
I guess I'll have to look for it and pay more attention.
I know I haven't seen any popeye-level milling like people apparently used to do though.

e; yes i have. machida before he did the crane kick, and probably anderson several times.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Chillanese posted:

since MMA gloves are pretty much bare knuckle anyway.
You can throw to the head with a lot more impunity with MMA gloves and wraps vs bare knuckles.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, can't be overstated how much more confidence and leeway you can have with your punches when you can be more certain your hands aren't going to shatter with the first punch

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
when hirota started wrapping his hands he went from winning decisions to having his next six wins come by tko stoppage

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Now that I'm thinking about it, Conor seems to always use a more active extended guard, and the classic "why I oughta.." stance.
It seems like the only people I've seen mill are more offensive/counter striker types.
It's just feinting, really. I did read some speculation on milling being used to retreat defensively though.
It was compared to wing chun hand trapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Almost everyone who punches mills their hands. Some fighters do it more or are better at it. It's not some lost art or something that only a few people know about.

• Locked thread