Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

It's time to win, let's do it Bernie

this is why I relate to Bernie.

Bernie vs Hillary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCkt0CHb0G8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_J6gmJYiU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
you know what a shallow body of water needs? a way to get even more oxygen into it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if hillary's legacy forever more is to be one of arrogance before voters, i think i would be happy with that.

lol "if"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This article made me laugh
https://jacobinmag.com/2017/05/affordable-care-act-repeal-democrats-singing

quote:

The Democratic leadership looks hardly different than it has for my entire adult life, a grim and aging collection of Clinton apparatchiks totally secure in their sinecures — all the more so because the only time the party ever does use what power it has, it’s to quash any discontent from its base or its leftward flank. It would be tempting to call it a zombie, but a zombie is living dead; a zombie is compelled by a lustful, powerful hunger. A zombie is all appetite — it is more than alive. The GOP is a zombie.

The Democratic Party is a ghost — diaphanous, spooky, and utterly unable to interact with the actual world. At best, it can rattle the pots, or leave a little trail of slime.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
but Slimer helped the Ghostbusters but there's no friendly zombies

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The reason we have swimming pools instead of ponds is so that we can see the bottom.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/861211292031438849

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zuck just wanted to visit Ohio so he could understand this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SuBBpLX-A

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Most of the Clinton people are gone now (we haven't had a Clinton Admin in almost 20 years now) it's p much Obama people top to bottom

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Most of the Clinton people are gone now (we haven't had a Clinton Admin in almost 20 years now) it's p much Obama people top to bottom

Obamaism and his people were just another form of corporate dick loving centrists.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yes, thank you, you've repeatedly stated you make six figgies a year, we get it.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

but Slimer helped the Ghostbusters but there's no friendly zombies

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Yeah but what about her emailshouse?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

yes, thank you, you've repeatedly stated you make six figgies a year, we get it.
Nah you don't need six figures to make a pond. Dig up dirt, put in sand, liner, more sand and other junk, plant water plans near the edge.

Heck lately you don't need any figures to make a pond, poo poo's getting flooded by tons of rain so just dig a hole and it'll be full.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Venom Snake posted:

I duno I still see people talking about Hillary and defending Hillary and trying to Make Hillary Great Again

MHGA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

Yeah but what about her emailshouse?

lmao

quote:

Streisand introduced “our groundbreaking first lady, senator from New York, secretary of State, and the winner of our country’s popular vote, Hillary Rodham Clinton” as the audience rose to give her a standing ovation.

It's like arguing in football that your team won the game since your QB had more passing yards even though the other team had more points.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

etalian posted:

It's like arguing in football that your team won the game since your QB had more passing yards even though the other team had more points.
So what every opposing team does in the SuperBowl when the Pats win?

:downsrim:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I love that show.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

radical meme posted:

I love that show.
I'm way behind on it but yeah it's really great.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Streisand ponders 'what might have been' with Clinton

babs!!!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sam Bee crying over the Hillary wins alternative history part of WHCD was so cringe worthy.

The last time she cried that hard was when she thought about black NYC kids showing up at her kids public school.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
The Bee Zone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
this thread reaches dangerously self-satirical levels when everyone gets extremely furious at someone for the concept of even liking hillary clinton and wishing she were president instead of trump

"didnt she know we were posting about how awful hillary is for months? why wont barbara streisand acknowledge our correctness!!!" the suck zone cries out

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad the founders, in their wisdom, made sure that Samantha Bee could never run for president

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
soi never bothered to look into it too deep what did samantha bee actually say about ny public schools

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

this thread reaches dangerously self-satirical levels when everyone gets extremely furious at someone for the concept of even liking hillary clinton and wishing she were president instead of trump

"didnt she know we were posting about how awful hillary is for months? why wont barbara streisand acknowledge our correctness!!!" the suck zone cries out

It's hard to not laugh over Babs crowing about Hillary being the popular vote winner!

Great accomplishments
-State Senator (This was due to carpetbagging into a safe blue NY district and pissing off Ted Kennedy)
-Secretary of State, got position due to typical Beltway insider nepotism and being well connected to the DNC donor class
-2016 Primary winner due to being able to ratfuck Bernie over due to her past DC insider and lamestream media friends

Contested elections
-Lost 2008 primary election to Senator Obama
-lost multiple states to Bernie including states like Michigan she also lost in the general against trump
-Lost GE to Trump, the most unqualified presidential canidate in US history

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

soi never bothered to look into it too deep what did samantha bee actually say about ny public schools

good summary: http://www.slate.com/blogs/schooled/2016/06/17/the_upper_west_side_is_new_york_s_latest_school_integration_battleground.html

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Al! posted:

her husband (jason jones) went to a school board meeting and told everyone to stop talking the press about a controversy regarding moving a school near a black neighborhood, because it was making the neighborhood look racist and tearing everyone apart

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm surprised that those canadian immigrants didn't just put their kids in private school.

It's what rich people do in NYC especially if you have millions of dollars in income each year.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
oh huh i cant find anything she said at all and it seems like hes mostly mad about immediately jumping up and accusing people of racsexism because they have a different political viewpoint........ huh that sounds like something this thread could get on board with.

otoh the sins of the husband will be visited upon the wife tenfold is one of the major mitzvuhs of the suck zone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
frankly it just kinda seems like you guys are looking for something to be mad at her about because she doesnt like bernie or the liberals did this narrative and she still likes hillary clinton which is a tragic flaw but not a fatal one

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

frankly it just kinda seems like you guys are looking for something to be mad at her about because she doesnt like bernie or the liberals did this narrative and she still likes hillary clinton which is a tragic flaw but not a fatal one

Dude have you not read the interview she gave about how peaceful and relaxing she found a trip to Rikers to be?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

oh huh i cant find anything she said at all and it seems like hes mostly mad about immediately jumping up and accusing people of racsexism because they have a different political viewpoint........ huh that sounds like something this thread could get on board with.

otoh the sins of the husband will be visited upon the wife tenfold is one of the major mitzvuhs of the suck zone

Sam 🐝's Hub🐝 posted:

To portray any opposition as classist or racist is as bad as it can get," Jones told WNYC. And elsewhere: "We are not divided,” he said at a public hearing about the proposal, “we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children," then encouraged fellow parents not to talk to the press about the controversy.

i'm sure it's just her husband that's racist and against school integration

Condiv has issued a correction as of 16:33 on May 7, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Dude have you not read the interview she gave about how peaceful and relaxing she found a trip to Rikers to be?

She didn't have her cell phone, what a peaceful experience it was!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

quote:

"It disheartens me to wake up in the morning and see that the Upper West side is divided," he stated. "We are not divided, we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children."

Jones has three children with former "Daily Show" correspondent Samantha Bee. He went on to complain about what he called "rhetoric" from some parents that, he thought, suggested those opposing the move are "terrified" of having their school relocate to a building near a housing project. He called that characterization, "dishonest at best and slanderous at worst."

"So I urge you A, to stop talking to the press," he continued. "This is a private matter, I think, from our community. This story doesn't exist without your quotes."

Jones complained about another quote by a parent who suggested their high-performing school would change if it moved near the housing project. He said that showed little respect for the teachers.

"So just be mindful of when you speak, if you're going to speak to the press, because slandering or saying anything negative about this teaching staff is wrong," he added. "Conversely, painting any opposition as classist or racist is about as bad as it can get."

while there is definitely race/class-based opposition to moving the school, there's also just the reality that people don't like their schools being moved farther from their homes.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Sam Bee's husband is a concern troll for school segregation.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Condiv posted:

that does sound bad but lucklaly i found the full quote where he seems to mostly be cautioning people to not talk to the press or theyll use their statements out of context to drive a wedge between parents and make the fight more about their ideals than their own children

quote:

I was just going to come up and make jokes because everything’s been said, eloquently and not so eloquently.

I read the newspaper for some reason, I can’t believe it’s still around, but it disheartens me to wake up in the morning and see that the Upper West side is divided. We are not divided, we are absolutely united in wanting what’s best for our children. Whether that means a bigger place for our children to learn, or wanting to keep it here, we are all united in wanting what’s best for them.

That said. When you scroll down and you read rhetoric from some parents that suggests that you are opposed to this move ‘those against this idea are terrified of what it would look like if the school were to be in an area by the projects’ is dishonest at best and slanderous at worst.

So I urge you A, to stop talking to the press. This is a private matter, I think, from our community. This story doesn’t exist without your quotes.

And this goes for both sides too. Because the other quote is just insane from the other side, suggesting that opposing the relocation, that a high-performing school like this could not move to a (inaudible) poor area and not change, shows very little respect for these incredible teachers.

So just be mindful of when you speak, if you’re going to speak to the press, because slandering or saying anything negative about this teaching staff is wrong. And, conversely, painting any opposition as classist or racist is about as bad as it can get.

funny, he didnt seem to say those things in that order or even back to back at all. i do like a good petard hoist tho :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please don't read Jacobin

• Locked thread