Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Bardeh posted:

I dunno if scary is the word, really. I'm a pussy with scary games and I can play it, fwiw. There are a few jump scares, and the atmosphere lends itself to you being on edge and wary all the time, but it's not outright terrifying.

Yeah, I'd say it's more suspenseful than scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Theres one really incredible jump scare in the game that got me really good.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Pwnstar posted:

Does it involve a green button of sorts? That got me good.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Love the title of the thread.

About mimic...I can mimic into a turret!?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Mindblast posted:

That's the one.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Pwnstar posted:

Mindblast posted:

Pwnstar posted:

That's the one.

Yeah, I just had that one, gently caress that. Had to reload to see if anything actually showed up in the screen because I bashed it immediately

Also just encountered Aaron Ingram. That is Walton Goggins, by the way. I now have more exotic materials, sorry Walton, but I wasn't getting the Save All Humans achievement anyway since that one dude's brain exploded :(

This game is great.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Tei posted:

Love the title of the thread.

About mimic...I can mimic into a turret!?

Yes, with an upgraded mimic matter.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Question about Psychotronics

Can You get to the third level? I wanna unlock the airlock up there, but the only way up seems to be in the locked room with the Weaver floating around

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not to shoot myself in the foot after getting my offhand comment made into the thread title but my brother came up with the much superior "Ceci n'est pas une mimétisme"

i haven't even gotten the psychoscope yet and i keep getting sidetracked exploring god dammit

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 7, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

Question about Psychotronics

Can You get to the third level? I wanna unlock the airlock up there, but the only way up seems to be in the locked room with the Weaver floating around

Gloo.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

The door to get in there is locked, am I missing an obvious button to even get into the chamber?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Regarding the ending. Is there any way to be a big enough shithead so that Alex just straight up kills you instead of offering you his hand? I tried to find other endings on youtube but the worst I could find was "medium empathy" from the Igwe bot.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is there a recommended difficulty? I'd consider myself pretty OK at shooters, and don't mind dying a couple times. I watched Draqu play on Nightmare and it didn't look that rough as long as one didn't treat it as a twitch shooter.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Phoix posted:

Regarding the ending. Is there any way to be a big enough shithead so that Alex just straight up kills you instead of offering you his hand? I tried to find other endings on youtube but the worst I could find was "medium empathy" from the Igwe bot.

No. People have tried runs where you're an absolute utter bastard and kill everyone you see. All the AI bots recommend that you should be killed but Alex still offers you the handshake anyways

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Anti-Hero posted:

Is there a recommended difficulty? I'd consider myself pretty OK at shooters, and don't mind dying a couple times. I watched Draqu play on Nightmare and it didn't look that rough as long as one didn't treat it as a twitch shooter.
Somebody else here recommended to play on Hard to that everything was fairly threatening but not unfairly so and they were right, even mimics feel like they can shred me if I fuckup.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
This microgravity in GUTS is breaking my brain. Which way is up, where was I going oh god now its on the ceiling :psyduck:

I decided to explore a little instead of going straight to the Arboretum and oh there's a Weaver. Used a shitload of ammo and healing on it, the stunlock move it does is a real pain in the arse.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 7, 2017

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm in love with the GLOO gun whoever thought of it is a loving genius and needs a raise.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Pierson posted:

Somebody else here recommended to play on Hard to that everything was fairly threatening but not unfairly so and they were right, even mimics feel like they can shred me if I fuckup.

Any cheevos tied to difficulty levels?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

The door to get in there is locked, am I missing an obvious button to even get into the chamber?

Are we talking the labs above the Atrium? Where the airlock is?

Just go to the wall and make a Gloo staircase up.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, I just had that one, gently caress that. Had to reload to see if anything actually showed up in the screen because I bashed it immediately

Also just encountered Aaron Ingram. That is Walton Goggins, by the way. I now have more exotic materials, sorry Walton, but I wasn't getting the Save All Humans achievement anyway since that one dude's brain exploded :(

This game is great.

Just FYI, the achievement is for not intentionally killing any humans. Mind-controlled humans can still suicide or get killed by environmental hazards without invalidating it.

Anti-Hero posted:

Nope!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Rookersh posted:

Are we talking the labs above the Atrium? Where the airlock is?

Just go to the wall and make a Gloo staircase up.

I mean in Psychotronics, where the giant cylender is where Lab A and B are. There is a Weaver that floats around in there, with a locked door to get in.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Just FYI, the achievement is for not intentionally killing any humans. Mind-controlled humans can still suicide or get killed by environmental hazards without invalidating it.

Well there's also one for going the other way, so :getin:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

I mean in Psychotronics, where the giant cylender is where Lab A and B are. There is a Weaver that floats around in there, with a locked door to get in.

You can't get into that area yet. The airlock is in a separate area though. There's a stairwell that leads up to it in the area just before Lab A/Lab B .

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Cool. If the difficulty is anything like Dishonored 2 I found one tick down from max was pretty fair. Is Hard one down from Nightmare?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

Cool. If the difficulty is anything like Dishonored 2 I found one tick down from max was pretty fair. Is Hard one down from Nightmare?

Yeah. Hard is tough-but-fair, even the most basic enemies are still a threat but as long as you don't do a dumb gimmick run (like I did) it's pretty manageable.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
so, the game does shower you with a ton of nanomods, but any skill evaluations yet? I still think the best way to start the game on hard+ is to rush both medikit upgrades, which takes your survivability from jack poo poo to OK. Wrench 1 and the first conditioning mod are good for that too so you aren't constantly tiring yourself out against mimics.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hooooly poo poo the game really opens up once you get to GUTS, huh? My 1 minute detour to see what was around that corner just led to an hour's exploration of areas I haven't been asked to go to yet, but each little area has its own little stories and sidequests and its really goddamn cool.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm literally going through Psychotronics right now for the first time and I got to the region's airlock without needing Gloo. I'm not even sure why anything would be in the way. I just stumbled upon it while exploring.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are there any neuromod skills that are known to be poo poo worthless so I can avoid wasting on them? So far these stat boosting mods seem garbage.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
https://youtu.be/P_IlG9Tr54U

Welp I found a way to use carrying boxes to defeat larger boxes so I didn't need to get Leverage III after all! Or waste grenades!

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Insane Totoro posted:

https://youtu.be/P_IlG9Tr54U

Welp I found a way to use carrying boxes to defeat larger boxes so I didn't need to get Leverage III after all! Or waste grenades!

Leverage 3 is worth it solely for the instakill you can do by throwing big things at big enemies.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Asproigerosis posted:

Are there any neuromod skills that are known to be poo poo worthless so I can avoid wasting on them? So far these stat boosting mods seem garbage.

Remote Manipulation can easily be replaced by Morph 1 and/or the Nerf Gun in my experience so far

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rookersh posted:

Leverage 3 is worth it solely for the instakill you can do by throwing big things at big enemies.

I threw one of those giant cubes containing a bunch of water tanks at a thermal phantom and it didn't blow up and douse the thing in water, it just conked off and bounced away. It made me sad.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm trying to find a guy named Kirk Renner in Life Support but the tracking system keeps fizzling out when I try to locate him. Anyone know where his almost certainly dead body is?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I feel like the game is perhaps a little too hard on Normal. I'm playing without using any Typhon powers though, so maybe that's it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Anti-Hero posted:

According to Steam no, unless it's one of the seventeen hidden ones.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Is the mission Gustative Leitner broken? You're supposed to do a playback on a poster, but it wont kick off?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

incoherent posted:

Is the mission Gustative Leitner broken? You're supposed to do a playback on a poster, but it wont kick off?

You have to play it yourself from the menu

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Pierson posted:

According to Steam no, unless it's one of the seventeen hidden ones.

It isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Somebody please post (in spooilers) what that recycler exploit is.