Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"gish gallop, cuntifas!" i screamed at my three enormous monitors as i rained fists upon the keyboard in front of me, mercilessly owning another filthy leaver and fighting back the refund cascade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Oh? Then you're going to have to explain this then :grin:

https://www.pscp.tv/dsmart/1vAxRbeeRorxl

34 mins

:negative:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Kosumo posted:

If that is true, why are any of the ships locked behind a pay-wall, don't they want all the ships tested?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Where does Derek's accent come from?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

phosdex posted:

His mouth. Did I get that right?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

phosdex posted:

According to r/dereksmart: Derek Karefa "Mega-Satan" Smart

Personally I believe the K stands for "Kevin"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trucutru posted:

According to r/dereksmart: Derek Karefa "Mega-Satan" Smart

Personally I believe the K stands for "Kevin"

just like king k rool

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

phosdex posted:

I think hes part english or just one of those sheltered nerds who kinda develop their own accent

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Did the title of the thread, "Who Doxxes the Doxxmen?" or whatever it was get changed before or after OldSchoolCmdr appeared?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

grimcreaper posted:

Hold the gently caress on... didnt lando and ben both say that private servers wouldnt be a thing until way way Way after release? Like last possible thing they would implement on some ATV?

found it: youtube

Lando posted:

Private servers are the absolute last thing on the list. There is nothing that comes after private servers..

... We will be done with alpha, we will be done with beta. We will be live, and in operation for some time before anybody even looks at private servers ...

Added to the tracker. Basically that is 100% broken if you aren't a gullible backer. It's not possible to setup this network, get it running; then throw in "Now let's run part of that entire stack on a private server" without re-thinking the entire architecture.

We decided to change 'In progress' to 'In alpha' primarily because keeping track of what is supposedly in progress was almost impossible because of CIGs farce of "Open Development" and nobody was interested in watching hours of AtV.
Then there was the problem of stuff shown years ago, does that count because players still can't access it. Is it in progress or did they put that down and go work on something else? According to CIG everything is in progress.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also VR is cancelled. CR can say whatever the gently caress he wants. You don't just 'add in' VR at a much later date years down the line.

The VR guy quit last year in his words "to go work on VR". You need 90+ FPS at all times to enjoy VR without vomiting. You need to develop all animations, interactions, etc with VR in mind. They aren't. A seamless FPS, Ship, menu experience in a giant MMO would be next to impossible right now even if they focused on this Day 1. They have explicitly said (and its 100% clear from what they show) they aren't doing this. Hell, even devs said "don't hold your breath".

I still don't get why backers use VR and Star Citizen in the same sentence. Same with modding and private servers. There is literally 0 indication they care or are doing anything about this.
They have even explicitly said on a number of occasions they don't give a poo poo about those features.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Also VR is cancelled. CR can say whatever the gently caress he wants. You don't just 'add in' VR at a much later date years down the line.

The VR guy quit last year in his words "to go work on VR". You need 90+ FPS at all times to enjoy VR without vomiting. You need to develop all animations, interactions, etc with VR in mind. They aren't. A seamless FPS, Ship, menu experience in a giant MMO would be next to impossible right now even if they focused on this Day 1. They have explicitly said (and its 100% clear from what they show) they aren't doing this. Hell, even devs said "don't hold your breath".

I still don't get why backers use VR and Star Citizen in the same sentence. Same with modding and private servers. There is literally 0 indication they care or are doing anything about this.
They have even explicitly said on a number of occasions they don't give a poo poo about those features.

don't harsh the vibe man, uncool

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

don't harsh the vibe man, uncool

You are right. They will probably just flip these things on sometime after release. Just gotta be patient.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You are right. They will probably just flip these things on sometime after release. Just gotta be patient.

definitely, when has CRoberts ever failed?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

TrustmeImLegit posted:

this. Yet Backers continue to complain about Rift support being marked as broken. I will look for the VR guy quit letter because it's also impossible to find CIG admitting anything has been dropped because VR, private servers, etc. No matter how small everything is a selling point and they won't admit when they have no intention to deliver. There's also a mentality that anything can be added later and we know how that turns out:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Theres 0 reason to say something is cancelled. In fact, saying so opens up liability as they've sold products with those things explicitly marked as upcoming features (some were marked for launch even). So admitting they are no longer coming spreads FUD and opens themselves up massively. So well after realease can mean anything from 6 months to 5+ years. And release is already several years away. Its cancelled.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

how can you think CRoberts can learn anything from another project such as FFXV

psssshhh

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

phosdex posted:

Mix of West Indies + Great Britain + USA, if I remember correctly

edit: also this

TrustmeImLegit posted:

...one of those sheltered nerds who kinda develop their own accent

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 7, 2017

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

There's also a mentality that anything can be added later and we know how that turns out:

Hahahaha! That things real.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Streetroller posted:

Yep. http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020797/Behind-the-Realm

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lack of Gravitas posted:

So basically Chris Roberts West.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Chris won't even have to make his own slides at his speech on the post-mortem for his turd project.

Hopefully, though, by then he'll be universally branded a hack and no one will invite him to a conference or even consider his views on anything anymore.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

This is incorrect. He's UK + USA + Māori.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Arcade posted:

They moved the shelf back in the video.

I gotta ask why they even showed it with the hosed up shelf only to show them fixing it, then. Not that it doesn't make the animation awful because no one takes things off of a shelf like that unless the box is made of styrofoam and has nothing in it.

Streetroller posted:

That's not even the most hilarious slide. There's one where they talk about how there was a development emphasis on graphics without any thought to what they were trying to achieve or even what was reasonable that resulted in pot plant models that had a polycount equal to that of a Player Character's model. FFXIV 1.0 is a cautionary tale a lot of people miss in the amazing tale of rebirth that was A Realm Reborn.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 7, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Probably is a styrofoam cooler to keep body parts cold. Will be useful when the human organ trafficking mechanic is introduced.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hope someone screencapped the post that talked about evading space police while transporting space hookers by opening the airlock and killing them all thus escaping trafficking charges. "Just corpses? You're free to go, Citizen!"

Just like the Wire season 2

This will definitely be a game mechanic

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Abuminable posted:

He earned his internet warrior tattoos so its not cultural appropriation.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Abuminable posted:

Tane?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Probably. The lore seems to fit his persona and explains how he found a wife:

code:
Some legends say that Tane made the first man, named Tiki. More widely known is a
tradition that Tane was trying to find himself a wife, but at first he found only non-human
females and fathered insects, birds, and plants. One such was Rangahore, who gave birth
to a stone and was abandoned by Tane. Then he made a woman by moulding her from the
soil.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Now I get it

https://urbandictionary.store/products/mug?defid=8102997

his nibs fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 7, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

alf_pogs posted:

"gish gallop, cuntifas!" i screamed at my three enormous monitors as i rained fists upon the keyboard in front of me, mercilessly owning another filthy leaver and fighting back the refund cascade

http://i.imgur.com/Eqpx851.gifv

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
5k posts since I last checked in this thread. Can someone please post an update on Ben Lesnick, Developer, status.

Namaste

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

neonbregna posted:

5k posts since I last checked in this thread. Can someone please post an update on Ben Lesnick, Developer, status.
Fat.

Fatter.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 7, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Ben was recently loaded onto a reinforced wheelbarrow and wheeled out to appease the brown sea on behalf of the VP of Marketing.

e: Then they sent him back to his regular job: sorting through garbage as the official historian of Chris(t) Roberts.

Spatial fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 7, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I hope someone screencapped the post that talked about evading space police while transporting space hookers by opening the airlock and killing them all thus escaping trafficking charges. "Just corpses? You're free to go, Citizen!"

This reminds me of the time I almost got caught by Chris Hansen on "To Catch a Predator". I showed up with the trunk of my car lined with garbage bags, along with some lye and digging tools. It was clear I wasn't interested in sex crimes, but they couldn't actually prove intent to murder. Got away free and clear.

The cookies and lemonade Chris gave me were pretty good.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Curiously venting the cargo room was an early driving concept in FTL too. However they kept finding it never matched how fun it was in their mind and the feature was eventually cut basically. Though you can still die from venting all your oxygen.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That was a good post. But it's no inevitable consequence of piracy.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXTNumrDc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Now I get it