Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Abyssal Squid posted:

The term Colbert used was "cock holster." Branco drew mud poop.

"poo poo holster" is the implication. But no naughty words on our clean funny pages. Just a biiiiig ol' steaming turd. And also a drawing of poop.

Cpt.Americant posted:

Right, but why is it bad optics? Does bank money eat your soul? Would it be better if he spoke there but took no money and that he's just there because he's so jazzed to spend time with bankers? Or is this the case of having to pretend wall street doesn't exist at all because they are a bunch of stupid heads and we hate them and no one can ever go talk to them ever? I just I can't get what's so wrong about this.

The argument is that taking speaking gigs after leaving office is part and parcel of pro-industry policies earlier, like moving from government/military to think tanks/contractors and vice versa. Obama's speech doesn't bother me much, but I can understand why it would bother others. However, that criticism coming from the wildly pro-business right rings hollow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I don't know what it is (outside of the abhorrent opinions) about Branco's art but it just seems so horribly unwholesome. Like I feel somewhat ill looking at it.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

RaspberryCommie posted:

I don't know what it is (outside of the abhorrent opinions) about Branco's art but it just seems so horribly unwholesome. Like I feel somewhat ill looking at it.

Ironically, that Colbert caricature is probably the best looking human being he's drawn in ages. Face isn't too puffy, no permascowl or a distended stomach filled with bowling balls...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's unnaturally unpleasant to look at.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Debate & Discussion > Political Cartoons 2017: It's unnaturally unpleasant to look at.

But seriously, that applies to most commonly posted cartoonists in this thread. Form Liccar and Catalino, through Kirschen and Rall, to Ramirez and... stretchy guy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I rather look at Rall's lime-green speech bubbles than another Branco.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

At least the brittoons are repulsive on purpose.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Cpt.Americant posted:

Right, but why is it bad optics? Does bank money eat your soul? Would it be better if he spoke there but took no money and that he's just there because he's so jazzed to spend time with bankers? Or is this the case of having to pretend wall street doesn't exist at all because they are a bunch of stupid heads and we hate them and no one can ever go talk to them ever? I just I can't get what's so wrong about this.

IMO, it'll become bad optics because people keep yelling "This is bad optics!" Much like how EMAILS and RIGGED PRIMARY became established scandals despite nothing scandalous happening.

I think Fox Business was the first to report on this story.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Republicans are holding a giant number two. AGC?

Or is that :thejoke:, that even Ramierz thinks its poo poo?

Jedit posted:

Because she is a scary clown?

Also Beetlejuice wears stripes, not checks.
This is to invoke imagry Henry the VIII, because she used some law that dated from around that time. It's basically a McCoy Rainbow tie. :eng101:

:golfclap:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

HootTheOwl posted:

The Republicans are holding a giant number two. AGC?

Or is that :thejoke:, that even Ramierz thinks its poo poo?

He thinks the Republicans knuckled under and surrendered to the Dumbocrats :arghfist: and they should be able to trample all over everything that is good and pure instead of bargaining.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The true price of victory - Chris Riddell on the local election results"

Sunday Times:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

*elects Donald loving trump*

Boy I sure am miffed that Colbert said a naughty word on TV!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Sir Tonk posted:

*elects Donald loving trump*

Boy I sure am miffed that Colbert said a naughty word on TV!

They're just mad about O'Reilly.

Because you see swearing in a satirical late-night tv show is as bad as sexual harassment of fellow employees.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"poo poo holster" is the implication. But no naughty words on our clean funny pages. Just a biiiiig ol' steaming turd. And also a drawing of poop.

I'm guessing that Branco saw a censored version of the quote and falsely assumed he knew what the phrase was. :psyduck:

This seems to contradict the idea that Zelda is supposed to come off as overexcited and unreasonable, a bit, unless I'm misinterpreting it.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

This one is not great.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah that's not the best Zelda. Probably because it doesn't actually involve Zelda in any way.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

LOL, it's a good cartoon. People are really, really invested in gender roles, and there is a market out there for wingnuts who want their children just as abused and dysfunctional as they are. Remember that duck cartoon?

I also suspect some of the odd phrasing just comes from translation, an English-original cartoon would pass more or less without notice in this thread.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Over a week ago someone asked if papers actually ran Drunky Duck in the funnies with Garfield and Family Circus...

BEHOLD!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

All the males in Zelda look the same. There, I said it. :colbert:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I AM THE TOILET posted:

However, it is super okay that THE TRUMP said "grab 'em by the pussy."

The right already made it abundantly clear the only issue they had with what he said is that he used the word `pussy`.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Its an entire race of Bill Cosby's!

At least Dans older, cartoony style was more fun to look at.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So will Garrison make another toon about the :france: elections, or will he just pretend to forget about it?

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cat Mattress posted:

So will Garrison make another toon about the :france: elections, or will he just pretend to forget about it?

I'm guessing he makes one about France choosing between both options, disregarding that Macron actually won and by an overwhelming margin.

He did the same when Trump bombed Syria.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

He already did one decrying Macron, he's not gonna bother with another.

Or he'll double down and show dirty ISIS cheering the victory or whatever.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

A tax deadbeat vying to replace Indicted Philly DA Seth Williams. Seems like a good fit.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cat Mattress posted:

probably something about muslims and political correctness

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Non-Muslims aren't allowed in Mecca and Medina, how is Dumpus gonna visit the actual birthplace of Islam? Also, nice of Yaakov to just sort of ignore that Israel is also the birthplace of Christianity and just mention Rome.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Now Garrison can't avoid Trump's failures by switching over to international politics, both his heroes are poo poo

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This cartoonist doesn't know how mirrors work. It's been a while.

quote:

First of all, that's really dumb. What's the idea here? "For some reason Brexit sort of sounds like exit. I can make a pun form that. I bet nobody ever thought of that!
Second, that's France not Great Britain. Does they think Macron has the power to stop the Brexit now? Was it secretly Le-Pen's plan? Did the artist (who is that anyway?) assume that all European countries are sorta interchangeable?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 7, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vib Rib posted:

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

Yeah, that's a drat good one.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Please no, please, please, no... Please don't become the leader of the world's religions, Trump... :negative:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

21 Muns posted:

Please no, please, please, no... Please don't become the leader of the world's religions, Trump... :negative:

Is that a challenge? Do you think he can't do it? That he shouldn't do it? Now he will do it just to spite you. Congrats on unifying the world's religions.

Look at it from this way. He wanted to reach the highest point, because he assumed that would satisfy his ego and make him happy. Clearly he is not happy right now. So the only way to climb further up is to become the messiah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's not how you spell Debt.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

First of all, that's really dumb. What's the idea here? "For some reason Brexit sort of sounds like exit. I can make a pun form that. I bet nobody ever thought of that!
Second, that's France not Great Britain. Does they think Macron has the power to stop the Brexit now? Was it secretly Le-Pen's plan? Did the artist (who is that anyway?) assume that all European countries are sorta interchangeable?

Le Pen was highly supportive of Brexit and thought France should do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

cant cook creole bream posted:

This cartoonist doesn't know how mirrors work. It's been a while.

Alternatively, the same wave of right wing nativist populism that lead to brexit in the UK has been rejected in France.

• Locked thread