Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Frieza getting revived AGAIN would be dumb as gently caress, but I'm willing to cope with it if the payoff is him meeting Frost and going "Pathetic" and slapping him out of the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

Frieza getting revived AGAIN would be dumb as gently caress, but I'm willing to cope with it if the payoff is him meeting Frost and going "Pathetic" and slapping him out of the ring

I actually disagree, Freeza getting revived here would retroactively make RoF a lot more important to the story. Beerus only knows he is worth bringing up because of the last slap fight with Goku, and it would allow for some interesting dynamics with Freeza knowing he has been beaten twice by Goku which might bring a tiny seed of cunning rather than humility to Freeza.

Having him fight alongside Goku and backstab the latter at the perfect moment could be awesome. And yeah, watching him bitch slap frost would be divine.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really would hate it if Frieza had a redemption arc. Like his entire character to date is 'completely unrepentant shitheel who will never, ever, ever admit defeat to Son Goku' and defanging him to babysit Goten in a slice of life episode would just ring false to his character.

However, if he were to join the team as a completely evil bastard, just to get out of the chibi idol level of HFIL, that would be pretty sweet.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Frieza is the only character Toriyama thinks has no good qualities, so I really don't think we're getting any sort of redemption from him.

sassassin posted:

How much do you want to bet Gohan's next transformation won't matter?

If they were staying true to DBZ this would not be strange at all

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Freeza is going to some how come out on top as the biggest villain of them all.

Like he's going to wish he had the power of Zeno or something cataclysmic

EMPEROR OF ALL UNIVERSES

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

I really would hate it if Frieza had a redemption arc. Like his entire character to date is 'completely unrepentant shitheel who will never, ever, ever admit defeat to Son Goku' and defanging him to babysit Goten in a slice of life episode would just ring false to his character.

This was Piccolo btw

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't believe Goku recruited Garlic Jr for the tournament. What a twist!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurora posted:

This was Piccolo btw
Eh, Piccolo Jr. always talked big and bad but never like actually went out of his way to kill anyone. Even the OG DB anime had filler where he saves a small child from being crushed under some rubble right before the 23rd Tournament started.

He did blow up the ring though and that was kind of a dingaling dick move.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

However, if he were to join the team as a completely evil bastard, just to get out of the chibi idol level of HFIL, that would be pretty sweet.

I do not think Frieza would turn into Piccolo v2.0 right away. If anything a "redeemed Frieza" would be more like early Vegita. Everyone just sort of begrudgingly tolerates him being around, because fighting him might not be the best idea. For Frieza to really become a true good guy he would have to have as much character development as Vegita has, which is a long way off.

I want to see some scenes where Bulma and Frieza talk science.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Momomo posted:

Frieza is the only character Toriyama thinks has no good qualities, so I really don't think we're getting any sort of redemption from him.

If they were staying true to DBZ this would not be strange at all

Gohan is 50/50 on new forms mattering. SSJ2 v Cell obviously did and Mystic v Buu was a huge wet fart.

Which is roughly as good as Goku considering how SSJ3, SSG, and Vegito turned out.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

lezard_valeth posted:

Counterpoint, Frost sees how much of an evil bastard Frieza is, realizes he doesn't want to be anything like him, and beats him up after turning gold.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, Frost would likely have a Blue form or something.

The only reason Freeza went Gold was because he specifically wanted to as a mockery of SSJ. Golden Form isn't just something Freezers have, it's something they call out that Freeza in particular decided on.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
It'd actually be kind of funny if they resurrected Frieza and he sees Beerus, Whis, Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Gohan and all these other people who can kick his rear end at this point and he's just like 'I hate all of your guts, but ok, I get it, I have no hope of killing you all, so I'll hold back my murder rage for a while since presumably you resurrected me yet again for a reason'.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait a minute. Isn't the dragon still holding onto one unused wish from the last time they summoned him, but took too long making up their minds?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Offer Freeza to get transplanted into another universe if he helps out. New empire to build, no Goku, and they'll just leave out the fact that that universe's GoD will eventually slap him down if he gets too rowdy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Burkion posted:

You know, Frost would likely have a Blue form or something.

The only reason Freeza went Gold was because he specifically wanted to as a mockery of SSJ. Golden Form isn't just something Freezers have, it's something they call out that Freeza in particular decided on.

can you really choose what color transformation you get though?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

He specifically said he did so apparently you can if you're Freeza.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

From the wikia so take with a grain of salt but "It is implied that the user can choose what color they want their biological armor to take when they use their Golden form, as Frieza mentioned that he "made it gold"."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

Yes, see Super Saiyan Rose

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Shinjobi posted:

Wait a minute. Isn't the dragon still holding onto one unused wish from the last time they summoned him, but took too long making up their minds?

Oh snaps, you are right. Though has it been like six months/year? I am probably imagining things but I figure the time would be cut short because the dragon didn't fufill all the wishes.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The most frustrating part about the Frieza rumor is how plausible it is and how badly I want to see his stupid smug face again being forced to work with all the people he hates.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Yeah, I'm actually kind of warming to it in a weird kind of way since it would such a different situation compared to how we've previously seen the character.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

yeah, i have a hard time believing the freeza thing. i feel like if they were going that route they'd hype up something like "WHO'S GONNA BE U7's TENTH FIGHTER????????????"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah I'd be totally down for still-unrepentantly-evil-and-still-loving-loathes-Goku Freeza begrudgingly agreeing to participate in the tournament to save the universe on the condition that he doesn't have to go back to hell just because it would be really interesting to see how he'd bounce off the other characters; it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than goddamn Tien, at least.

I don't see it happening because of the overwhelming amount of "hey, these are all the universe 7 fighters" stuff, but it would be neat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Its going to turn out to be a double twist, and they actually bring back Babidi

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
considering the episode title it's probably going to be an episode about Beerus bringing up the possibility and everyone telling him what an awful idea it is

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Archenteron posted:

Offer Freeza to get transplanted into another universe if he helps out. New empire to build, no Goku, and they'll just leave out the fact that that universe's GoD will eventually slap him down if he gets too rowdy

How many millions of people die before that point?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Correct me if I'm misremembering but we're talking about the character who, missing multiple limbs, is offered energy by Goku after being soundly thrashed and then tries to just shoot that energy back at Goku. This fellow lacks team spirit.

Wishing him back just so all ten could dunk on him one after the other would be sweet though.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In a world where everyone is slimming down, it's good to see Tien is still swole as gently caress.

And yep, that's Roshi alright. Wouldn't be surprised if his lust for booty is the impetus for Braly going all out.

Riazer
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe the twist will be that Freeza will be the tenth fighter of Universe 9.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Frieza wins the tournament for Universe 7 when he rings out every other competetor by destroying the arena

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 7, 2017

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe Kureeza and Tarble will show up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tarble and Cabba fuse into Vegeta's perfect brother-son. Trunks is forever ignored.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Freeza coming back could mean a Neko Majin episode or two, with Freeza's son Kuriza.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

multijoe posted:

Frieza wins the tournament for Universe 7 when he rings out every other competetor by destroying the arena

Freeza: THIS ARENA WILL BE DESTROYED IN FIVE MINUTES!
Goku: Sweet, that means I have enough time to fight everyone else one-on-one!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
more like master rapist amirite

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

*goku walks in on master roshi raping somebody*

oh lets not disturb him right now...

:goku:

also surprised goku nuked that town with a kamehame and everyone was fine after

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why can't we have Cell helping out in the tournament?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

bowmore posted:

dont want to give 17 and 18 PTSD issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

bowmore posted:

He's a gross bugman from the future. Keep him out of our tournaments IMO.

• Locked thread