Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

That pitch was right down the middle, and it's not like the catcher framed it poorly. I dunno what the hell that umpire saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I wasn't sure it was possible but the Indians lit up Herrera twice.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

nah that call sucked and i wish pitchers did this more

ok maybe not

looks like that pitch was that ball on the very lower left. weird though that he was calling that part of the plate before

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 7, 2017

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Waffles Inc. posted:

nah that call sucked and i wish pitchers did this more

ok maybe not

looks like that pitch was that ball on the very lower left. weird though that he was calling that part of the plate before

It looked like it wrapped around the plate to hit the mitt. If you're Kershaw you probably get that call more often than not but it looked borderline.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Your Taint posted:

Brett Anderson to DL with aggravated suckage.

Why the hell don't they just DFA him? Does Maddon have a weird Coghlan-esque love of the guy?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/861228463709138945
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/861228716793442305

mets

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
"No guys really, I think I tore something in my arm."

"Get OUTTA HERE with the quitter attitude, Harvey!"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I posted these stats a couple weeks ago, but things haven't gotten better in the first inning for Cubs pitching:
    1st Inning: 11.40 ERA, 2.10 WHIP, 1.157 oOPS
    2nd Inning: 3.60 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 0.756 oOPS
    3rd Inning: 3.30 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 0.750 oOPS
    4th Inning: 3.90 ERA, 1.40 WHIP, 0.783 oOPS
    5th Inning: 1.50 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 0.530 oOPS
    6th Inning: 3.00 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, 0.711 oOPS
    7th Inning: 2.40 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, 0.561 oOPS
    8th Inning: 3.90 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 0.689 oOPS
    9th Inning: 4.21 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 0.703 oOPS
:psyduck:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/861235214575697927

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

It begins.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the hero the mets deserve, but not the one they need right now

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I posted these stats a couple weeks ago, but things haven't gotten better in the first inning for Cubs pitching:
    1st Inning: 11.40 ERA, 2.10 WHIP, 1.157 oOPS
    2nd Inning: 3.60 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 0.756 oOPS
    3rd Inning: 3.30 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 0.750 oOPS
    4th Inning: 3.90 ERA, 1.40 WHIP, 0.783 oOPS
    5th Inning: 1.50 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 0.530 oOPS
    6th Inning: 3.00 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, 0.711 oOPS
    7th Inning: 2.40 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, 0.561 oOPS
    8th Inning: 3.90 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 0.689 oOPS
    9th Inning: 4.21 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 0.703 oOPS
:psyduck:

I'm pretty sure this is because Brett Anderson only pitches in the first inning.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

humpthewind posted:

I'm pretty sure this is because Brett Anderson only pitches in the first inning.

Nah, Arrieta's first-inning ERA is like 7 right now and Lackey's been getting lit up, too.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WAS... was that Matt Harvey's dildo?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/paulloduca16/status/861255362472587264

What did he do!?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the dildo wasn't white

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I honestly can't think of another team that handles internal problems and the media worse than the Mets. Maybe the White Sox in the Drake Saga, but that's about it in recent memory.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pancakes posted:

I honestly can't think of another team that handles internal problems and the media worse than the Mets.

Well, there were the Lucchino Red Sox, who, the minute they decided they didn't like you anymore, would plant stories with Dan Shaughnessy that you're a cocaine-snorting, child-molesting communist who eats fried chicken...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Well, there were the Lucchino Red Sox, who, the minute they decided they didn't like you anymore, would plant stories with Dan Shaughnessy that you're a cocaine-snorting, child-molesting communist who eats fried chicken...

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

10 minutes late to practice

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

drat, it's that serious huh?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pancakes posted:

I honestly can't think of another team that handles internal problems and the media worse than the Mets. Maybe the White Sox in the Drake Saga, but that's about it in recent memory.

I know everyone loves to push the "lolMets" button but I'm not sure what else they were meant to have done in this situation. Dealing with whatever happened behind closed doors is far better than spreading it all across the media.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
N: MLB has given the Dodgers a "serious warning" for tampering with Otani.

V: gently caress the Dodgers, take away their right to sign all international players the year Otani gets posted. Then give their pool money to the Giants.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 7, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Julio Cruz posted:

I know everyone loves to push the "lolMets" button but I'm not sure what else they were meant to have done in this situation. Dealing with whatever happened behind closed doors is far better than spreading it all across the media.

It obviously isn't completely behind closed doors if Lo Duca, who's a horse racing analyst nowadays, knows what happened.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I had forgotten his forum name, since he doesn't post in baseball threads.

Enjoy Wrigley! Maybe today's game can feature the Yankees losing in soul-crushing fashion instead of the other way around.

It was fun meeting you guys. The game was fun although holy poo poo I was freezing the whole game, it wasn't unberable temperature-wise, but it was super drafty in the 200s which made it sort of miserable unless you're a bear of a human being like our friend from NY.

Also, I kept pissing off Inspector by predicting massive comebacks every inning.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Timby posted:

It obviously isn't completely behind closed doors if Lo Duca, who's a horse racing analyst nowadays, knows what happened.

You can't exactly blame that on the front office, though. If they wanted it leaked they'd have gone to one of the beat guys, not to a former player.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

https://twitter.com/WayneRandazzo/status/861258822937182208

I wonder if Harvey went out clubbing after curfew, or showed up still drunk / terribly hungover or something.

Edit: V V V drat it, you posted as I was editing. :mad:

Timby fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 7, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Timby posted:

https://twitter.com/WayneRandazzo/status/861258822937182208

I wonder if Harvey went out clubbing after curfew or something.

The rumor I've seen is that he got wasted after the Rangers game on Friday night and turned up still drunk/hungover yesterday.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/paulloduca16/status/861271591576936448

This makes it very believable Harvey was drunk

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Timby posted:

Why the hell don't they just DFA him? Does Maddon have a weird Coghlan-esque love of the guy?

He's on an absurdly cheap and incentive based contract the Cubs would still have to pay anyway if they released/DFA'd him. In this case there's pretty much no upside for the Cubs in letting him walk when he can sit in DL/Iowa Rehab purgatory as a depth option.

New Concept Hole posted:

"No guys really, I think I tore something in my arm."

"Get OUTTA HERE with the quitter attitude, Harvey!"

:perfect:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
The Mariners and Griffey napgate was hilarious.

Cliff Lee stopping mid press conference, refusing to go on until the reporter that broke the story left the room. And Mike Sweeney apparently offering to fight any player that admitted to being of the of two unnamed sources.

Professional athletes are hilarious babies.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/PeterBotte/status/861271904505790464

okay so he was definitely drunk

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Probably just wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Qualcomm.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, between this and the Lo Duca tweet, sounds like he showed up for work still hammered and Collins just sent him straight home. (It also explains why the suspension was effective yesterday.)

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Matt Harvey seen looking at dirt bikes on craigslist while making "vroom vroom" noises under his breath #LGM

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/861283076114132994

"Migraine"

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What is happening to the Mets this year god drat

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Man, when you're hungover you never want to say you've got a migrane. Way too obvious. You have to say you have really bad diarrhea, that way they don't ask any more questions. And they always figure it's true because why else would you give a gross, embarrassing excuse like that.

This is calling into work hungover 101 stuff here, people.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

we shoulda let him go when his stock was high

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

"Possible communication issue" = "I was too drunk to wake up and tell them I'd be late."

• Locked thread