Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Who among us hasn't expressed the sentiment we'd shoot a child to get out of the friend zone.

Todd just had the balls to do it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

maskenfreiheit posted:

Todd was just a boy trying to impress a hot businesswoman

He was like that before he even met her.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I gotta say as far as you can judge a person for liking a fictional character I'd judge the poo poo out of anyone that liked Todd.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Todd suffered TBI playing football and entered a fugue state after graduating from East Dillon.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jesse Plemons just can't stop killing people :smith:

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 7, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ughghhhhhh todd's lydia ringtone was so creepy

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Fat Damon hooked up with Kristen Dunst, give the man some credit, though I don't know how you connect emotionally with someone who is permanently baked on weed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Ok, Jesse, for the role of Todd we're going to need you to never emote. Not even once."

"Ok."

"Yes! Just like that. Perfect.

poo poo,this guy's good."

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I kinda wonder what would have been if they went with a Breaking Bad sequel instead of prequel. It'd be interesting to see what they would have come up with working under the restriction of almost everyone being dead.
After receiving the large sum of money, Walt Jr soon gets used to a hedonistic lifestyle and quickly burns through the cash. When he stumbles across his dad's meth recipe, his desperation to continue his lifestyle overrides his previous anti-drug stance, and he attempts to set himself up as Heisenberg II. He tracks down Jessie who thinks "Now this is a Walter White I can trust and work with.". Skyler once again gets to play the fan favourite role-of-reason. In a world that looks down on the disabled, he hires Jesus Christ Marie to be his head of sales.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jesse Plemons just can't stop killing people :smith:

i mean, his face is the uncanny valley so i think he's just getting type cast as a serial killer for everything

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

I gotta say as far as you can judge a person for liking a fictional character I'd judge the poo poo out of anyone that liked Todd.

I actually felt kinda bad for Todd. Whenever he talked it was such an honest, leave-it-to-beaver sincerity. He showed signs of mercy and honor.

It's like if Todd was raised by a normal family and not psychotic neo-nazis, he might have turned out a boy scout who'd never do anything illegal. But since he was all those traits just added up to make him the creepiest motherfucker on the planet.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

I kinda wonder what would have been if they went with a Breaking Bad sequel instead of prequel. It'd be interesting to see what they would have come up with working under the restriction of almost everyone being dead.

I'd watch the poo poo out of a pure comedy starring Pete & Badger

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Twenty years after Breaking Bad, Walt Jr. is a recently-unemployed DEA agent struggling to put breakfast on the table for his family. After failing to follow in his uncle's footsteps, Flynn takes a page from his dad's playbook and decides to break bad.

Breaking Bad 2: Like Father, Like S-Son

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Twenty years after Breaking Bad, Walt Jr. is a recently-unemployed DEA agent struggling to put breakfast on the table for his family. After failing to follow in his uncle's footsteps, Flynn takes a page from his dad's playbook and decides to break bad.

Breaking Bad 2: Like Father, Like S-Son

Breaking Worse

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Breaking Bad 2 should be Holly searching for Nazi barrels o money buried in the new mexico desert. Has to hunt down Jesse to do it.

Edit: holly is like 8 this year lmao

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 7, 2017

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Meanwhile Mike's granddaughter is still four.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Aardark posted:

Meanwhile Mike's granddaughter is still four.

Look, there were some time travel shenanigans involved in the killing of Bin Laden.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Sagebrush posted:

ughghhhhhh todd's lydia ringtone was so creepy

On the finale podcast they say the reason they did that was so that Walter would know who was calling dead rear end Todd because if it was pretty much anyone other than Lydia he'd just ignore it.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Still pretty creepy. And Todd already had access to a Silence of the Lambs style pit to put her in. Maybe Walt killing her was a mercy.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
You will never catch me saying that Todd wasn't super creepy. There was just also a character logic reason on Walt's end for the ringtone as well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, ricin poisoning... Flu-like symptoms and then you're dead?

Fuckin A, Walt.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe it wasn't creepy because he learned she has lots of tattoos while they were boning down on a barrel of methylamine.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd watch the poo poo out of a pure comedy starring Pete & Badger

Skinny Pete and Badger amuse themselves by following Elliott and Gretchen and shining laser pointers at them. They quickly gain a [hilariously undeserved] reputation as the best hitmen west of the Mississippi and are hired by a succession of Jimmy's former clientele for various tasks.
- Professor Sex Toilet
- Sovereign Citizen on the Ranch
- The Estate of Huell
- etc

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
If you think skylar was a bitch you just might be

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

loving shrew wife won't let me be a meth god ughhhh Feeeemalessss

:goonsay:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:agreed:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

There was a time in season 1 and early season 2 where her character was being inexplicably petty to Walt, acting real hard-done-by that he was acting weird after being diagnosed with a terminal illness and going on chemotherapy (which fucks up everything in your body, mental state included, in unpredictable ways). Both of them needed to be in therapy.

The constant hatred some people on the internet had for her, though, was just staggering.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

There was a time in season 1 and early season 2 where her character was being inexplicably petty to Walt, acting real hard-done-by that he was acting weird after being diagnosed with a terminal illness and going on chemotherapy (which fucks up everything in your body, mental state included, in unpredictable ways). Both of them needed to be in therapy.

The constant hatred some people on the internet had for her, though, was just staggering.

It's because she was the NAG in an otherwise nagless tale of explosions and chemistry deaths.

Anyway, in seriousness, some people don't understand why shows are good. "Get rid of Skyler!" Yeah, that won't make the show better, jackass. Petty complaints aside, she had every reason to feel and act the way she did considering her circumstances. Oh but she cheated! Lord, what a transgression! Don't forget that Walt just let a girl die in front of him.

People suck.

Plus Anna Gunn is terrific, so :colbert:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

The two ends of the Skyler spectrum are "Pinkman was selling you MARIJUANA?!?!?!" and when she has a knife pointed at Walt and tells him "get out" in probably the most "earned" moment of the entire series. She definitely spends the bulk of the series on the latter end of that spectrum, but yes either way Anna Gunn knows exactly what she's doing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What if you thought Skylar was a bitch.... to her sister?

She kinda was, once she was fully on the Walt train. It's amazing her sister even talked to her anymore.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
:nws: Preview of the last episode of the season that just got leaked.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ha, I was wondering when Jimmy transformed from Jimmy to Gil to Saul.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Gil from The Simpsons?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

What if you thought Skylar was a bitch.... to her sister?

She kinda was, once she was fully on the Walt train. It's amazing her sister even talked to her anymore.

Marie was the only person in the whole series who never did anything wrong (petty shoplifting notwithstanding) -- she knew what was right, and instantly did it every time she had to. Like when she found out that her brother-in-law was a murderous drug dealer and her sister was either protecting him or completely under his control, her immediate reaction was "okay, gotta get this baby out of here right now." No second-guessing or moping about it like everyone else in the series.

I think she's my favorite character

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Marie was the only person in the whole series who never did anything wrong (petty shoplifting notwithstanding) -- she knew what was right, and instantly did it every time she had to. Like when she found out that her brother-in-law was a murderous drug dealer and her sister was either protecting him or completely under his control, her immediate reaction was "okay, gotta get this baby out of here right now." No second-guessing or moping about it like everyone else in the series.

I think she's my favorite character

she was just excited she could finally steal something legally

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I liked Todd

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Marie didn't respect Hank's mineral collection. She may have been the biggest monster of them all. :colbert:

Incidentally, I just caught up on this show and it seems like this season is moving even more slowly than last season. Have they said how many seasons it's going to be? Because it just feels like they don't have a whole lot to tell about anything outside of Gus/Mike/Hector. It's still a good show, but I think it's one of those shows where it's better to put it off for 3-4 weeks and then catch up so you can actually see a couple of plot points manifest.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've been thinking about it and Breaking Bad fails the Bechdel test pretty spectacularly for a critically-acclaimed TV series with 5 seasons

There are only ten named female characters that I can think of, after wracking my brain, and only six of them are really plot-critical:

Skyler
Marie
Jane
Lydia
Gretchen
Andrea
---------------
Wendy (meth addict hooker)
Carmen (high school principal)
Kaylee (Mike's granddaughter)
Francesca (Saul's receptionist)

And of the six important ones, the only ones to ever meet each other are Skyler and Gretchen/Skyler and Marie, and all of their conversations are about Walt (or Ted) in one way or another.

Yikes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think for about 15 seconds Kim and Francesca talked to each other without talking about a man, so take that feminists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

I've been thinking about it and Breaking Bad fails the Bechdel test pretty spectacularly for a critically-acclaimed TV series with 5 seasons

There are only ten named female characters that I can think of, after wracking my brain, and only six of them are really plot-critical:

Skyler
Marie
Jane
Lydia
Gretchen
Andrea
---------------
Wendy (meth addict hooker)
Carmen (high school principal)
Kaylee (Mike's granddaughter)
Francesca (Saul's receptionist)

And of the six important ones, the only ones to ever meet each other are Skyler and Gretchen/Skyler and Marie, and all of their conversations are about Walt (or Ted) in one way or another.

Yikes.

I'm no scholar on feminism or an ess jay dubya or whatever, I don't get caught up in a lot of these politics (my general view is don't treat someone differently based on their gender :shobon:), but since Breaking Bad is about the story of Walt, is this surprising?

Would it be more surprising if Weeds failed it? Or The United States of Tara? In other words, a female-led show? Maybe I don't know all the rules of the Bechdel test, so I could be way off.

• Locked thread