Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Well she did get called a thrall. I assumed they'd figured out the Incubus connection straight away but maybe they just assume Cio has conned her.

The fact that Eyes specifies that they're acting in Allison's benefit pretty drat strongly implies that they assume Cio has conned her.

I doubt they'd be as direct if they suspected Allison had Incubus's backing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
So looking back at earlier appearances of the Heretics Court, there's a tiny guy at the head of the Court here and here. I wonder if he/it has been deposed and replaced, or if he's not included in the inner court of 7...

Also, in that second link, Cio mentioned that during Yabalchoath's Grand Adventure that she went through 15 slaves a day. I thought at the time she meant she was killing them via abuse/overworking... But now that we know about what goes on in the White Eyed Lady.... I feel like she might have been doing something else with them...

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

They probably noticed that Allison has a giant glowing Fragment Of God in her forehead and figured Yabby was up to her old tricks of trying to snag herself some Godpower.

She is :ssh:

choobs posted:

Also, in that second link, Cio mentioned that during Yabalchoath's Grand Adventure that she went through 15 slaves a day. I thought at the time she meant she was killing them via abuse/overworking... But now that we know about what goes on in the White Eyed Lady.... I feel like she might have been doing something else with them...

She was literally drinking their blood out of a Flava Flav goblet in panel 2.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

YESSSSSSS

Will end horribly but what a ride

And Incubus is going to come to regret this soooo much

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The Conquering King hasn't shown up yet to tell Allison she done goofed, so as far as I'm concerned she's on the path of Royalty. No nudge required.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Begemot posted:

I continue to love that there is one bog-standard normal-rear end Chernobog-from-Fantasia-style demon among the high council of ebon devils.

His name is Carnifex and I can't tell if that's his penis or what.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I bet Abaddon's lake is really nice.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Reminds me of Wayne Barlowe's inferno where being given to Abaddon was seen as a punishment even other devils were afraid of.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Bilirubin posted:

YESSSSSSS

Will end horribly but what a ride

And Incubus is going to come to regret this soooo much
Incubus wants to get his cake and eat it too. Allison is just going to blow it up.

I'm guessing what's about to happen to googly eyes is what wins her support for the heist.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

paragon1 posted:

I bet Abaddon's lake is really nice.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Bad decision incoming. The President is about to take the floor.

Also the last time Cio's "chronicles" were brought up the alt text implied Abbadon had more in store. I wonder if we'll get another peek now. I don't know if enough time has passed for Cio to add more chapters yet, tho,

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Yeah see, this looks like a great vacation spot. The locals are coming to you hearts in hand and everything.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Remember kids, it's only a bad decision if you leave witnesses

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay i straight up love the serious face Incubus does, with the steepled fingers and such. hes all like "hmm, no this is not glam at all. Allison, you must destroy these people."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pierson posted:

Reminds me of Wayne Barlowe's inferno where being given to Abaddon was seen as a punishment even other devils were afraid of.

So much of this comic reminds me of Inferno and that's not a bad thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I really want to know what cards this dude has in his draft cube. I'm guessing the full power nine.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Schwarzwald posted:

I really want to know what cards this dude has in his draft cube. I'm guessing the full power nine.
joke's on you, it's a box of nothing but Dark Rituals

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

theshim posted:

no way it doesn't contain Contract From Below, and he enjoys nothing more than explaining how his house rules incorporate the ante rule into a limited format

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
him going into incredible detail on his house rules is actually how he tortures the damned

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

theshim posted:

and a handful of Sensei's Divining Tops

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Reene posted:

gotta throw in some counterbalances and null rods for maximum insufferability.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Something something Allison Force of Will

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Reene posted:

motherfucker

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

Something something Allison Force of Will

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Pierson posted:

these are so cool, thanks for linking them :)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Yo I'm just going to pitch this here: there are 7 arch devils to parallel the 7 demiurges and their associated aspect and syllable. Eyeballs can combine the red and white arts and wears orange like Mottom. One of them has a head that's a literal tower. There's a buff guy, a quiet guy who rarely speaks, a thing with worms instead of a face. Don't ask me about the others, the link might strengthen or weaken as the scene progresses.

Well she did get called a thrall. I assumed they'd figured out the Incubus connection straight away but maybe they just assume Cio has conned her.

they also have, though we haven't seen him yet, a conquered king.

i would assume they're assuming she's there because cio's magically enslaved her

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ThaumPenguin posted:

these are so cool, thanks for linking them :)

I never miss a chance to rep Wayne Barlowe. The book itself (God's Demon) was alright for :10bux: but it's the artwork he did for it that rules way more. He's mainly known for his sci-fi stuff like Expedition and the concept work he does for movies. It's all on that site, the dude is legit.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The fact that you have two different sizes of this image to use fills me with joy.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Perfect in timing and execution! :golfclap:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh, ffffuck the preview page. :f5:

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

a kitten posted:

Oh, ffffuck the preview page. :f5:

SUPER STOKED FOR THIS DEVELOPMENT

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I actually really wish Abaddon would put the inked lines up somewhere, rather than just me having a bunch of preview comic pages in my inbox, because it's a really fun, gone-full-shonen-manga look (though not as good as the complete version).

That being said, humanity needs the colored version of this insanity right the hells now.
:woop: :kingsley: :woop:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reene posted:

Im in rio de janeiro a im loving stocked for this.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
This is such a loving great comic and I love everything about it. Adding Incubus as the demented evil mentor character is fantastic and I completely hear him as Tom Cavanagh. Very ready to see her get furious and perhaps checked. No matter how it ends up, I am loving stoked.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

TGG posted:

This is such a loving great comic and I love everything about it. Adding Incubus as the demented evil mentor character is fantastic and I completely hear him as Tom Cavanagh. Very ready to see her get furious and perhaps checked. No matter how it ends up, I am loving stoked.

I think Incubus is somewhere halfway between David Bowie and Tim Curry

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Reene posted:

This is the most consistently high quality webcomic I've read in a long time, in part because it keeps freaking doing this and topping itself.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i just wish the rss feed worked for me

it's probably safari to blame, only sheer laziness keeps me defaulted to this terrible browser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

AriadneThread posted:

i just wish the rss feed worked for me

it's probably safari to blame, only sheer laziness keeps me defaulted to this terrible browser

It doesn't work on Firefox for me but I'm on Ubuntu so :shrug: